What you think about #13

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (53 posts)
  1. Lgali profile image57
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

13 employees on 13 floor in Alberta wins 49 millions Lucky for some unlucky for some...

1. andromida profile image55
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

13 means 13,its just a number.For someone ifsomething bad happens on 13th of the month then 13 will be blamed for being unlucky.But if someone win 13 million dollars on the 13th day of a month then what would you call it.

1. Lgali profile image57
        Lgaliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so you do not believe in luck or unlucky

No, I do not believe in being lucky or unlucky.If I have to believe in luck in that case I have to put all the control of my life in
          the hand  invisible power, which will just weaken my believe.Its our mind which give 13 a bad color.Thank you for bringing up this
          discussion topic.

1. Lgali profile image57

rally-13 a bad color

2. guidebaba profile image57
      guidebabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unlucky for me ..... I did not win this Jackpot... Damn!!!

3. profile image0
      nazishnasimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

13 is spooked! - sometimes good spooked ... mostly bad spooked!

2. webismine profile image58
    webismineposted 14 years ago

Unlicky?? lol

1. Lgali profile image57

LOL Unlicky??

1. webismine profile image58
        webismineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

See your first post, you'll understand wink

1. Lgali profile image57

i did knowingly

1. webismine profile image58
            webismineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, you corrected it unknowingly? lol

1. Lgali profile image57

yes i did

3. DonnaCSmith profile image83
    DonnaCSmithposted 14 years ago

I would feel lucky if I won just one million on any floor of any day of any month;o)Heck, one hundred would make me happy!

1. Lgali profile image57

i will same way too

4. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

"If 13 is unlucky, so should the letter B be. Because it looks like a scrunched up 13. 'Whats your name?' 'Bob.' 'Get the effe away!'"

wink

"Which floor are you staying on in your hotel? 14? No, its not! If you jump out of the window you will die EARLIER!" -Mitch Hedberg

http://img6.glowfoto.com/images/2009/05/11-1556083902T.gif

5. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I was born on the 13th

and my hubbys birthday is the same as mine ,same month, 13th

I like 13
    and Im hoping to find a new home that will be selling cheap because it has No 13 on the letterbox

1. Hawkesdream profile image66
      Hawkesdreamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My son was born Friday 13th, a very lucky day for me.  Good luck with finding a home No 13.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aww how thoughtful of you ,thankyou smile

Maybe we should organise a 13 club lol

1. Lgali profile image57

good take

6. Pete Maida profile image62
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

This is one of those things that just gets under your skin.  I know that logically the number 13 has no power but that doesn't stop me from thinking about it.  I don't do anything different on Friday the 13th but having this hammered into me from the beginning still makes 13 a special number.

7. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Just had to come back because I noticed I had published Hub number 13...wooooooohoooo.

No Im not suspicious( grins)

1. Lgali profile image57

good luck for #13

8. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I once lived in a house that had #13 as the address - and that's the house I was living in when I had my beautiful baby daughter.  That's pretty much the only thing the number reminds me of.  I'm not the least bit superstitious.  (Oh - and then there was an old kids' movie, "Thirteen Ghosts".)

1. lisafwg01 profile image60
      lisafwg01posted 14 years agoin reply to this

the first thing I think of when I hear the number 13..is 1313 mockingbird Lane...nothing scary about that wink

9. profile image57
    san_shaposted 14 years ago

Triskaidekaphobic ..........
    uuhh...why  not diverse is what people are...people may be so..

1. Lgali profile image57

good take

2. Lgali profile image57

good one

10. Triplet Mom profile image66
    Triplet Momposted 14 years ago

I love the number 13!! I was married on the 13th my hubby was born on the 13th.

1. Lgali profile image57

good to know some people like 13

11. frans240 profile image61
    frans240posted 14 years ago

The number 13 has always been a lucky number for me as I was born on November 13th!!! So I have had my share of friday the 13th's hehe, always were my best birthdays!!

Did you know that 13 and unlucky number is a myth??
    It really proves the following sentence "If you keep telling the same big lie over and over again, eventually it WILL become truth"
    There is not enough space to fill all the examples throughout history..heck even today of the lies that are/were repeated over and over again..to become "truth"

So the 60.000 dollar question is,,, were does this nr 13 originate from??

1. Lgali profile image57
  12. frans240 profile image61
    frans240posted 14 years ago

Thanks for the link...

" Friday the 13th has been considered an unlucky day since the 1800s, as a combination between an unlucky day, Friday, and the number 13."

It does not explain the reason WHY people in our western society consider 13 and friday the 13th an unlucky, superstitious number.

Wikipedia
    The Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon (Latin: Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici), commonly known as the Knights Templar or the Order of the Temple (French: Ordre du Temple or Templiers), were among the most famous of the Western Christian military orders.[3] The organization existed for approximately two centuries in the Middle Ages.
    Officially endorsed by the Roman Catholic Church around 1129, the Order became a favoured charity throughout Christendom, and grew rapidly in membership and power. Templar knights, in their distinctive white mantles with a red cross, were among the most skilled fighting units of the Crusades.[4] Non-combatant members of the Order managed a large economic infrastructure throughout Christendom, innovating financial techniques that were an early form of banking,[5][6] and building many fortifications across Europe and the Holy Land.
    The Templars' existence was tied closely to the Crusades; when the Holy Land was lost, support for the Order faded. Rumours about the Templars' secret initiation ceremony created mistrust, and King Philip IV of France, deeply in debt to the Order, took advantage of the situation. In 1307, many of the Order's members in France were arrested, tortured into giving false confessions, and then burned at the stake.[7] Under pressure from King Philip, Pope Clement V disbanded the Order in 1312. The abrupt disappearance of a major part of the European infrastructure gave rise to speculation and legends, which have kept the "Templar" name alive into the modern day.

Mythology
    Friday the 13th superstitions originated in a Norse myth about twelve gods having a feast in Valhalla. The mischievous Loki crashed the party as an uninvited 13th guest and arranged for Hod, the blind god of darkness, to shoot Baldur, the god of joy and gladness, with a mistletoe-tipped arrow. Baldur was killed and the Earth was plunged into darkness and mourning as a result.

'Friday' was named after Frigg (or Frigga),
    the Norse goddess of marriage.

13. Lgali profile image57
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

nice take on 13

14. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

#13 doesn't bother me it is merely a number, so I would have to say good for them and it is lucky that they won the lottery.smile

Excellent.

15. Eaglekiwi profile image73

I was born on the 13th and so was my hubby, so if we are unlucky ,at least we get to be it 'together' lol..
    Seriously though I dont beleive that events make numbers or people or places unlucky..and anything that suggests fear is definately not taking root in my heart. smile

16. Herald Daily profile image61
    Herald Dailyposted 14 years ago

What do I think about #13?  I think it can be lucky or unlucky, depending on what you believe.  It, like everything else in life only carries a special symbolism if you think it does.

Personally, if I was one of those 13 people on the 13th floor, I'd be thinking 13 was a lucky number, for sure!  In fact, I may try to adopt the number and see if it works for me.  smile

1. Lgali profile image57

GOOD TAKE

17. mayhmong profile image76
    mayhmongposted 14 years ago

I don't see 13 as such a bad number since some fear this Friday the 13th. I don't care, I have a black cat on my lap right now. But when dealing with kids who just turned 13...ehhh...you get  the picture.

1. Lgali profile image57

nice take

18. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I thought it was taboo to have a 13th floor in a high building. they usually skip it for the 14th. LOL

1. Lgali profile image57

yes they do in some places

19. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

One of my sisters was born on the 13th. We always teased her that it was a Friday, lol. In fact, it was Thursday, which could be almost as bad, if you believe the old rhyme "Thursday's Child has far to go."

20. Laughing Mom profile image60
    Laughing Momposted 14 years ago

I think it comes after 12 and before 14.  Not much more to it, in my opinion.

1. Lgali profile image57

very nice to know that

21. profile image47
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

13 is just like a human being, nothing more and nothing less.

A Number.

Just like YOU !

22. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Tomorrow is the 13th...yayyyyyy
    Its Junk food day  smile

1. Lgali profile image57

good

23. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

It is the 13th Right NOW In Bumble Town  (2.30am)

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well get to bed bro smile n send me the lotto number too..hehe nite nite

1. Lgali profile image57

good one

24. Susan Ng profile image82
    Susan Ngposted 14 years ago

13 is a lucky number for me and my husband. smile  We became boyfriend-girlfriend on a 13th, and we got married on a 13th.  We celebrate the 13th day of each month by having a special dinner date, just the two of us. smile  Oh, he was also born on a 13th. tongue

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)