What is the worst X-Mas gift you ever received?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (49 posts)
  1. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

I remember being devastated when I had asked for months for Ski Barbie and instead, I got an ugly Mr. Potato head!!!!!!!

who btw somehow got planted in the backyard, then the stupid snow melted  hmm:

lol

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My worst gift was chocolates from my cousin!!! Isn't that supposed to be normal - it's not a Christmas gift tongue

2. bbnix profile image60
    bbnixposted 12 years ago

i got a 10 speed bicycle a day or two early, the bike got stolen the very first day i had it, even though locked...a cheap one, but what did I know, ...parents said sorry....so, pretty much a best and worst in one day...
    hmm

3. profile image48
    TELposted 12 years ago

My ex mother in law gave me the worst gift ever.
    It was a rough Christmas in the months before we divorced. For Christmas she gave me a gift from Victoria Secret. The bag was beautiful and festive. When I looked inside, she had given me all the little perfume samples that are freebies in the mall. They were still attached to the smelling cards.

4. MickeySr profile image77
    MickeySrposted 12 years ago

The worst Christmas gift I ever got, was actually the best gift I never got. When I was about 7 or 8 we lived with my mom's younger bother and sister and their stepmother for awhile . . . my mom was a single mom and we had very little (hence living with relatives), and had not had very child-delightful Christmases. I woke-up one Christmas morning and found a Civil War set under the tree, it had a cool Civil War hat and belt/holster with a pistol, but coolest of all, a Civil War saber and sheath . . . it appealed to me so much I just assumed it was for me - until my mom stood at the door calling to me in the yard to bring it all in the house to put back under the tree for my cousin.

5. Rachelle Williams profile image90
    Rachelle Williamsposted 12 years ago

I got a Rubik's Cube for Christmas one year, and I wanted to hang myself because I couldn't figure it out.

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh girl that is cruel but funny today, actually not even, parents are mean I say!  sad

6. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 12 years ago

A bright red pvc Queen Mum style handbag, given to me when I was about 14 back in 1978 or thereabouts.

7. jcmayer777 profile image64
    jcmayer777posted 12 years ago

I once said how much I liked a fleece shirt that I had.  I'm guessing it was 20+ years ago.  Now, every single frickin' year my mother gets me a fleece shirt or jacket for my birthday or Christmas. 

I felt bad, but I actually told her a little while back not to get me anymore fleece.

1. profile image0

lol

8. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 12 years ago

The worst christmas gift I ever received was an excuse of why christmas was cancelled this year due to the elves being on strike after santa had been at the whisky again.

I actually grew up thinking santa was an alcoholic lol lol

1. profile image0

lol

Hey how do you'll get this smiley??? big_smile

1. profile image0

do : lol : but no spaces

lol

Thanks soooo much lol big_smile smile wink

1. profile image0

lol

9. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years ago

My worst-of-the-worst happened about age 7. Parents celebrated secular Christmas, school had Christian Christmas. That was confusing, but a relative gave me boy's clothing as a gift and tried to persuade parents to join another religion. I hated that year.

10. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Baby dolls! When I was a kid, I was a real tomboy. My mom tried to make me a "girlie girl," so she insisted on giving me a baby doll every year for Christmas. I usually used the dolls for target practice with my BB gun. lol

Mom and Dad made up for all those stinkin' baby dolls the year they surprised me with a horse!

1. profile image0
      Daniella Lopezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Haha! You and I had a similar experience, Habee. =P My grandma continuously would buy me Barbie dolls even though I absolutely hated them. I liked my brother's Hot Wheels and Legos better. big_smile

11. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...kitty cat things...lol...and for a long time...just cuz I owned a cat...people thought i'd luv cat related things......nope!....

managed to get rid of it all when I moved across the country - called in the neybor's daughter and said 'take what you want'......it was all gone - poof!

about 10 years ago, someone else decided I needed another cat related gift....this time it was stained glass kitty cats...omg!...they came for a visit a few years later and noticed that I hadn't hung it up with my other stained glass.....omg!...i was caught!....it's gone now...put it outside at the end of the driveway....poof! again!

I know, I know...it's the thought that counts...but sheesh, just cuz I had a kitty cat, it doesn't mean I want to be surrounded by cat stuff lol

big_smile Meoooooooooooooooow tongue

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can really identify with this. Because Hubby and I have a freshwater fishing lake business my Mum tends to buy us presents like fish ornaments, tea towels with fish printed on them etc. She also buys us lots of cat things because we have cats, and because I had a lovely Doberman about 13 years ago she has been known to buy me a Doberman fridge magnet and a Doberman ornament. hmm

12. MissFrost profile image60
    MissFrostposted 12 years ago

A Book: Now before you accuse me of being uneducated, let me explain. Even though I LOVE reading, perhaps the worst gift was the Lord of the Rings book from my boyfriend at the time...we had been going out for about 4 months and I got a book? Not very romantic...I think I gave him cologne...

1. profile image0
      The Writers Dogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It could have been worse... he could have made you sit through the LOTR movies! Oh, the things I could do to Peter Jackson!

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

I managed to sit through number 1, and it never seemed to end. I was fuming when I realised the plot was not wound up at the end of the movie and I was supposed to watch two more in order to get to the 'ending'. Needless to say I didn't bother.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
          paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

mark.

13. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 12 years ago

My worst Xmas present ever was a Kenny Rogers cassette (showing age here!) when I was about 9.lol

14. thearbiter0808 profile image62
    thearbiter0808posted 12 years ago

My worst Christmas gift was the box load of towels. Hand, face, bath, everything. Do I look like I haven't bathe for years? And, on top of that, a relative who came from abroad gave another set of bath towels. It's like the easiest and cheapest thing to buy.

15. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 12 years ago

A router, power saw and new drill, plus a huge pile of wood...

I then had to spend my Christmas break building new Kitchen Cabinets!!!!

16. -Crimmy- profile image60
    -Crimmy-posted 12 years ago

Receiving an empty gift wrapped package 'took the cake' for me a few years back.

17. profile image0

Not long ago, I also got a beautiful vase only to learn after it was a re-gift wtf? lol

so I re-gifted it at a wedding last summer

lol

18. Annie pnd profile image61
    Annie pndposted 12 years ago

A relaxation set with incense sticks & candles....I dont get time to relax, does my mother not know me at all! big_smile

19. profile image0

acne creme

i don't have acne

mom said it was so i wouldn't get any

and she has acne lol lol

20. Epi Guy profile image61
    Epi Guyposted 12 years ago

A child's calculator with my name on it from my Grandma....I was 27.

I must confess that for a laugh last year I got my Husband an extra pressie. It was a small cool bag for lunchboxes. The catch was that it had 'Richard' (his name) printed across the top of it, and a space rocket and a planet printed each side of the name. I made him take his sandwiches to work in it, (it had a nice easy to use shoulder strap so he could carry it). He was 42 at the time and working in a private bank as a manager of his department lol

21. Cardia profile image75
    Cardiaposted 12 years ago

This was not my experience, but it's so funny/awful I thought I'd share it.

My friend's younger sister wanted a cell phone of her own in the worst way, and when it got to Christmas time, she was dropping hints like crazy. So on Christmas day, she went under the tree, and found a small square box. She ripped off the paper to find that it was a Blackberry phone box (a better phone than what she dreamed of!) and when she looked inside, she found...a pair of earrings.

Turns out their dad had just gotten a Blackberry at work, so they used the box to put in the smaller earrings box in, and stuffed it with styrofoam peanuts to make it seem heavier.

It's mean and funny at the same time hmm

22. Epi Guy profile image61
    Epi Guyposted 12 years ago

Thought of another one...not mine but happened to my friend. Years ago, his mom went to the CD store to get him and his brother a CD for Christmas. She asked the clerk what the two top selling CD's were....long story short, my friend got Pearl Jam's 10 and his older brother got the Bodyguard soundtrack.

23. profile image0

whoopee cushion

lame lol

24. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

Francis Gaye's Book of Friendship. Was from my grandmother and the kind of gift old people sent to each other in the 70's. Did I mention this started when I was 8.lol

1. profile image0

lol

25. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years ago

I have another one - A broken tape recorder when I was 8 years old and a broken music box when I was 6. Christmas was horrible for a few years.

1. profile image0

sad not cool at all sad

26. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

sorry -mark

27. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

The worse Christmas gift I ever received.......

I received nothing one Christmas.

sad

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It happened. Nothing more I can say about it.

28. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

Two worst gifts in my case: A Ouija board (thanks Sis) and a second hand computer chess machine that used to cheat when it was losing  (thanks Mum).

29. Max Dalton profile image84
    Max Daltonposted 12 years ago

My grandma gave my wife used hand lotion last year. It was very special.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)