Weekly Writing Contest dedicated to Earnestshub

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (51 posts)
  1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years ago

Please help us encourage new HubPages writers in remembrance of how earnestshub and other great writers have encouraged new writing talents.

There Are Memories and Music In the Air - The HubNuggets Who Sang For earnestshub

Thank you!

1. lobobrandon profile image89
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice idea Patty - I'm off to vote

2. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed- this is a beautiful theme! Off I go, too!

You know what Simone - I was very happy that I beat you to it this time smile
        Every week I find you on top saying "I'm off to vote" big_smile - I beat you - YAHOO big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile smile tongue wink

1. Cardisa profile image88
          Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are so silly!

Haha big_smile

3. Little Light profile image69
      Little Lightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This seems like a wonderful idea. As a new Hubber it can be a bit daunting getting used to everything and still having the courage to believe in your own work. earnestshub sounded like a wonderful encouragement to so many and I'm sorry I never had the opportunity to make contact with him. This seems like a wonderful way to honour his memory.

4. iklimsaizmir profile image59
      iklimsaizmirposted 12 years agoin reply to this

good

5. Lord De Cross profile image68
      Lord De Crossposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Didn't know about him that much..but will catch up with his hubs and his mechanical advice! Thanks Pat

6. isis7542 profile image61
      isis7542posted 12 years agoin reply to this

will always remember ernest he got me started at hubpages then i was called isis_dreams ern told me everything i needed to know and will always remember him with the kindest thoughts and i was privalige to say i meet him and called him friend.

2. athena2011 profile image57
    athena2011posted 12 years ago

This is the first forum post I have viewed and it has me a bit confused. Could you explain 1) Who earnestshub is/was and 2) How and where do you vote for the topic? and what that does.

Have I started in the forum in the wrong place perhaps? Any guidance will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Athena, welcome to Hubpages.

Earnesthub was a very wonderful hubber who passed away a few days ago. He was one of the most helpful, friendly, courteous hubbers here on HP.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90

And click on the link in my original post and you will have all your answers revealed.  Thanks for reading, athena2011.

I was so anxious to get to the hub I forgot to tell her where she could find the link...lol

Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It shows how much HubPages means to members, to be running to read the tributes. It's very encouraging!

4. athena2011 profile image57
    athena2011posted 12 years ago

Hi Cardisa and Patty,

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. It's nice to read that even if hubbers do not ever meet in person they can grow to become so well liked by other hubbers. Looking forward to becoming a part of your community and being as helpful as I can also.

Regards,
    Athena

Athena, you will find a group of dedicated writers who are talented, friendly helpful and warm.

If you have questions don't be afraid to ask for help. You'll do great and meet great people here.

5. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Off to read and vote - wonderful theme, Patty!

6. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 12 years ago

I am saddened to hear the news about the passing of earnestshub. He was one of the first friends I made here and I will miss him on Hubpages.
    He was an inspiration and I always enjoyed conversing with him in the forums or from a comment.

7. wordscribe43 profile image91
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Oh my gosh, what an awesome theme!  I love it... off to check it out.

8. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 12 years ago

Love this too, just voted smile

9. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

Read and voted. Wonderful hubs!

10. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Nicely written hub Patty. smile

11. wordscribe43 profile image91

Read and voted.  There were some highly entertaining and funny ones this time.  Thoroughly enjoyed.

12. tlpoague profile image81
    tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

Great stuff! I voted!

13. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90

HubPages means a lot to many of its members - the kindnesses of Earnest to new members was pretty phenomenal.

14. Enelle Lamb profile image73
    Enelle Lambposted 12 years ago

Off to read a vote - wonderful theme Patty

15. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90

Thanks, Enelle - I am really glad we do the HubNuggets Program; already new writers are learning about Earnest and the friendships made on HubPages. It's great!

16. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90

Thanks! - He was indeed an encourager to new Hubbers.

17. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90

People really like the Food category this week! Twice as many votes as the others.

Keeping voting and thanks!

I am kinda jealous. Is there an honorary Hubnugget program I could join? LOL

Don't be jealous - Join the next HubPages Contest and win! - There is bound to be another one very very soon. smile Always move forward! (Who said that famously?)

18. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

I've got your winners RIGHT HERE!!! Thanks to those who voted!

Food and Cooking
    The Coffee of a Lifetime (30%)
    Top 10 Restaurants in Lisbon, Portugal that Every Foodie Must Try (22%)
    Cooking the Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey (19%)

Games, Toys, and Hobbies
    Restoring Vintage Vehicles- My Father's Calling (50%)
    The Sarcochilus Orchid - spectacular flowering and easy to grow (23%)
    How to Make Gluten Free Play Dough (13%)

Entertainment and Media
    Good Public Domain Movies: The Last Man On Earth (33%)
    How To Get Your Music Played At Sporting Events (21%)
    Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh - A Photographic Tour (19%)

Congrats, winners!! I'm putting your gorgeous Hubs into the newsletter right now!

I thought the gluten free play dough would win that category. I am surprised.

@Patty, you are right. Thanks.

19. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90

Some interesting winners this time - Congratulations all!

20. wordscribe43 profile image91

Congratulations to all the winners!

21. profile image0
    Muldaniaposted 12 years ago

I have re-joined hubpages after a long break and am very saddened to hear of earnesthub's passing.  It was always interesting to read his posts.

22. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90

Welcome back and Merry Christmas!

23. raisingme profile image75
    raisingmeposted 12 years ago

I have been off hubpages for a year.  My beloved husband suffered a massive stroke one year ago today and passed two days later on New Years Eve 2010.  I returned today to check in on my favourite hubbers only to learn that one of them, who was of great assistance to me in my first fumbling steps on hubpages has recently passed.  So today I am remembering two wonderful people who touched my life in different ways.

I am very sorry for your loss and wish you comfort in the New Year, raisingme. Thanks for commenting and I hope we all remember you, your husband, and earnestshub in our good thoughts.

1. raisingme profile image75
        raisingmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Today we are going to the river - the Chilliwack River where we placed his ashes and I have learned a new and beautiful song to sing to him while we are there.  And today, I will sing it for Earnest too because they both left so many so much richer for their having been among us..  Today I will put flowers in the river for two beloved husbands, fathers and grandfathers from opposite ends of the planet - separation is only an illusion.  J

2. ChristinaCali profile image60
      ChristinaCaliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am very sorry for your loss. 

XOXO

1. raisingme profile image75
        raisingmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The coolest thing happened when we were there - a bald eagle flew upstream and then downstream and came to rest in a tree above us and stayed with us the whole time we were there.  Then he flew off across the river and landed in a tree on the other side!  Symbolic and empowering as all get out.  My daughter took a picture. 

In First Nations cultures the eagle is very symbolic as a link between heaven and earth!

Thank you for your words n' the hugs n' kisses

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5989894.jpg

24. Green Lotus profile image60
    Green Lotusposted 12 years ago

Thanks for this beautiful year end tribute that will ring through the new year.

25. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90

Lovely thoughts posted here - thanks so much for sharing them. Happy New Year, with good thoughts of loved ones.

1. wheelinallover profile image76
      wheelinalloverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My tribute to earnesthub was posted on a forum post someone did a while ago. I will always treasure the memories I have of the time we spent in forums together. New Years day is a good time to reflect on friends lost while planning for the future.

It amazed me how many lives earnesthub touched. I have heard many times it only takes one person to change someones life. I wonder how many others can say earnest hub was that person for them.

26. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90

I remembered two other friends today as well and each touched hundreds of lives. I am glad to have known them.

1. Lord De Cross profile image68
      Lord De Crossposted 12 years agoin reply to this

May Earnest rest in peace and be proud of us!

27. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

This was a wonderful idea-I'm just sorry I missed out.  sad   I'm heading back over to read the entries.

28. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

Damn.

I totally missed that he'd passed away.  I'd been noticing that he wasn't around for a few weeks.  speechless.

29. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90

What a great symbol and a comforting event.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)