Learn the difference between the Creation and Creator – God & Man

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image0
    gobibleposted 12 years ago

Looking back or even today, man always invented things for his own purpose and satisfaction. So why not think God as a creator and we as His creation and He made us for his own purpose. And why struggle to prove there is no God especially when all the modern science and technologies are becoming obsolete day after day. It seems there is no a definite answer for many things around the world still - but man continues his pursuit for no reason...... Why not pursue God as our creator?  May be there is rest in Him - taste and see.

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you on that.
      I've been telling people for three years, in various ways to Meet God, and find out for themselves.
      Not many are hearing me though! sad

1. lone77star profile image74
        lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hear you, @aka-dj. Amen!

2. profile image0
        gobibleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi aka-dj, Good to know that you are in the same track - keep up your good works.

2. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My problem with your statement is simply that you recommend rest. Why?

If God created everything it does not negate the obvious fact that he is not an active and quantifiable force within our world. Why not?

The answer is either one of two things. God does not exist being one of them. If this is the case, why would we sit on our hands and not strive to discover all of the secrets of the universe?

If God does exist, it doesn't change known facts. So, if he is not quantifiable in this reality but wants mankind to know him....what do we do? Come to a greater understanding of reality because spirituality has proven itself to be a dead end for the majority of humanity to move toward a greater understanding.

It's win-win. If God gave you a brain, don't you think he meant for you to use it?

1. profile image0

why someone fight for the non-existence of God, if God really doesn't exit? Is that the annoyance of seeing someone standing good for the God as their creator? why people enjoy the goodness of this life and call it blessings and put the blame to God for the failures and other negatives of their lives. It is really scary to see people argue or  fight for nothing......

3. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All I see in that OP is a defeatist attitude of the world around you, so why not believe in God and just let the world go to hell in a hand basket.

Why not pursue God as our creator? Because, it's pure nonsense.

1. profile image0

It is true, God can be a trouble for any troubled person specially when the word defeatist has a meaning of pessimist. But submit to Him and He will rescue.....

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
          A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, He won't. lol

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

For myself, I would rather try my best to find reality and truth than to make up an imaginary friend and decide that it is God or that it created me.

Imagination can be fun to work with, but it palls after a while.  In the long run reality is so much more fulfilling.

1. OutWest profile image57
      OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And what is reality.  Is God any less real because you decided it?

1. lone77star profile image74

Good point, @OutWest. Reality and logic are based on the foundation of creation. It's His universe.

And so many skeptics are confused because they think it's all about these Homo sapiens bodies we're wearing. God doesn't care about these. It's His immortal, spiritual children within that He's trying to rescue.

2. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Is God any less real because you decided it?"

Certainly not.  My opinion or belief has nothing to do with whether God is real.

Nor does yours.  Do you understand that as well?  You may believe, and you may state that belief a million times, but it has absolutely no effect on reality. 

The concept of God (at least in the Christian world) has been set up as indefensible.  God is invisible and undetectable by any means.  He does not exist in our universe but somewhere else.  The actions attributed to him are all things that we know can happen without supernatural intervention.  The "feelings" and "thoughts" people have that are commonly attributed to God happen with or without Him.  Even the "miraculous" illness cures do not take the supernatural to happen - our ignorance of the most minute details of such things does not indicate a God.

There is thus no possibility of anyone, anywhere or at any time, ever "knowing" whether God exists or not - the definition and description of God does not allow it.  The believers, so firm and absolute in their beliefs. really need to understand and accept that.

With no possibility of anyone ever detecting God or His actions (by definition) His "reality" will always be in doubt to those that require objective evidence for belief.

1. OutWest profile image57
          OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But I never stated my belief.  But I would not be saying that He does or does not exist, only my belief, which is all any of us have.  No absolutes.

2. lone77star profile image74

@wilderness, I don't doubt that you're usually a nice person, but you can be real insulting sometimes. Just because you can't see God or feel Him doesn't mean others can't.

Your belief doesn't make truth. And reality is not truth, either. Reality is a space-time construct -- a product of creation. I've seen the mechanics of creation in action. I understand why "knowing truth" will set you free, because persistence (the time dimension) of any creation is established by a withdrawal of knowing (a "resting" or "allowing," as the Buddhists would say). More than thirty years after experimenting with this, I discovered that Genesis had these mechanics embedded in it all along. The first 6 days were timeless templates for creation (the "word" of God). Only when God rested (the 7th day) did creation gain persistence. Resting or "not-knowing" from a creation adds the time dimension; that's what I discovered back in '73.

@wilderness, your arrogant pretense at knowing is a product of ego. I've been arrogant, too. I know what it's like.

Many skeptics ridicule and demand proof. Their aim isn't science or an honest quest for knowledge; it is pure ego. Ego is the enemy -- it is the barrier that blinds us from God and spirit.

God is patient. He's waited for countless millennia. The only way to rescue His children is for them to decide on their own to wake up. Those who ridicule are only flashing the dirty rags of our demise in His face. It's like a junky who is dying from an overdose flashing their drug paraphernalia in the faces of their parents. Would they feel insulted and hurt? You are doing this @wilderness. It's your decision. But, hey. You can decide anything you want. You are a child of God and have all of His traits -- free will, potential immortality, non-physical and spiritual nature, and the ability to create -- for that is the image and likeness of God.

You can decide to remain blind to spirit (which is real easy, because we're so well-practiced at it), or you can let curiosity and hunger for knowledge lead you. And that's not easy at all. Most people are too lazy. Even I have been too lazy, at times. I hope I make it, but I hope you do, too, even if you don't understand it or frequently ridicule it. Ignorance is also a decision.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you missed a good bit of my point.

The OP asked "Why not believe in God and we as His creation"?  "Why not pursue God as a creator?"

This presupposes that God is real, and the question reflects that.  Yet, our total information about God is imaginary; there is absolutely no factual evidence of reality there.  Only man's imagination in "creating" Him and then more imagination in assigning attributes and actions to Him.

It seems that both you and the OP have decided that this imaginary creature is real, that He actually exists, and insist that because others base belief on evidence instead of imagination and desire they are somehow deficient, and not willing to put forth effort to find truth.  THAT is what is insulting, not a requirement for evidence.

Of course, a part of the problem is lack of communication.  You state that reality is not truth; to me that is a most ridiculous statement.  Truth does not arise from mankinds desires and wants, nor from the constructs his imagination produces.  It comes from reality.  In terms of what IS and what IS NOT, reality IS truth and truth IS reality.

Now, God may be real.  Or God may indeed be simply a construct of man.  I don't know - you don't know - no one knows.  Anyone that says they do know is either deluded or lying.  As mankinds entire history is chocked full of looking for God with absolutely zero results I tend to hang to the "not real" side of the question.  When the OP asks "Why not believe" that is the answer - because of a total lack of evidence.  It just seems foolish to base an entire lifetime on something being real that we can find no indication actually IS real.

You claim that my ego is preventing me from learning - that my "truth" is based solely on ego.  What you don't seem to catch is that everything in your post suffers exactly the same way.  Over and over you claim (subtly, and usually by simply stating it as a side to another point) the existence of God, but that is only your own ego.  You have decided that God is real and your own ego won't allow you to recognize that you DON'T know - that you only wish it to be true.  You have stopped looking for evidence or proof, willing to take your decision to believe without either one as truth, but that decision has no foundation.  As you say, ignorance is also a decision.

3. lone77star profile image74
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

Good point, @gobible. The things of this world are impermanent.

Hey, in a few million years, this planet won't be habitable. At the rate civilization is going, I doubt we'll have a space program for long. Getting off this planet is real difficult without it, unless you have faith in the Lord and in spirit.

It's His universe. It think it's real dumb to make the master of all we see take displeasure in us. But I know that His love is unconditional. But I figure He'll let those who commit spiritual suicide follow through with their decision. It wouldn't be "free will" unless He did.

May we all make it. Stay humble and hungry for answers. There's more out there.

1. profile image0

hi, lone77star - i see your good point.

1. profile image0

Good to know there are many people believes in God with good thinking out there....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)