Hub Pages... Impartiality required.

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)
  1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years ago

I am not a regular hub-maker. I am just commenting on some topics which interests me... mostly political, family, religion.  But some of my comments are not taken for unknown reasons. I am not going to gain anything if you take it; I am also not going to lose if my comments are deleted.  But what meaning is there to expect all my comments should be "as you like it"?  I am simply expressing my opinion, which may in times not go synonymous with yours.  My request is that you have to be impartial, if you treat HP as a discussing forum.

1. dingdong profile image56
      dingdongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mr.Venu,

What exactly? Can you be more clear?

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can see that.  It would seem you have made zero Hubs in the nine months you've been here. 

That might have something to do with why people aren't approving your comments...

1. Elena. profile image85
        Elena.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. weblog profile image56
      weblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hub authors can deny or approve or even delete a comment. Hubpages team won't do anything for that.

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
        VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is ok if the hub authors deny or delete my comments. But the moderators in HP seems to be doing that. When I countered a comment that was not factual, my comments were not taken even after I tried several times. Then I asked in the comment box "where are my comments?". This was published. The fact is that even if a comment is not a fact, it will be published if it praises America.
        Ms.web, it all started when one moderator remarked that "such ignorant Indians" on some other pages, for some other topic. That was when I first joined HP 9 months back. I countered vehemently. He then called me "fool, idiot, etc. etc."  Will such comments be published if I send such comments? So, HP is not impartial.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Venugopal, moderators are NOT involved with moderating comments on Hubs.  Authors decide how comments are handled on a Hub.  Some authors allow comments to appear immediately.  Others choose the "moderator" setting - that doesn't mean "moderators on HP" check the comment. It means the AUTHOR wants to check your comment before deciding whether to allow it.

So on some Hubs, you will find that you post a comment and it does not show up till later - sometimes several days later, if the Hub author is busy.  And if the Hub author disagrees with you, it may never appear.

I have to apologise on behalf of HubPages if you received racial abuse on these forums or on Hubs.  However in all my dealings with the HP team, I have never come across any bigotry or prejudice, and I strongly suspect the person was not an official Hub moderator, just an ordinary Hubber.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

No one is required to accept any comments. This is not necessarily a "discussing forum" unless both parties doing the discussing wish it to be. Everyone may express an opinion, but it does not mean that it will always be shown.

3. Cayenne_Pepper profile image60
    Cayenne_Pepperposted 14 years ago

If you would like to get your point-of-view across, write a Hub about it.

4. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I post all comments that are not off-color/crude and not spam-looking.  Still, each person's Hub is his own; and each Hubber can select which comments he wants posted.  I can see how someone not entirely familiar with how HubPages works could see the comment process as a "discussion".  Sometimes it does kind of turn into a discussion between a couple of people.  Still, though, that's only some of the time.  It's an understandable misconception.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do pretty much the same with comments as Lisa HW. As a new hubber it takes a while to find all the right buttons.

5. Frieda Babbley profile image82
    Frieda Babbleyposted 14 years ago

If this is a problem that only just occurred, it may simply be a glitch.  It was happening to me.  I thought comments were taking and thank goodness I go back to check because I noticed they weren't there.  I thought I was going mad.  I remembered another hubber had the same issue which lasted for a couple of days.  Mine did too.  then all was back to normal.  Hope this is the case.

1. ngureco profile image81
      ngurecoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Check your browser.

6. darkside profile image67
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I judge each and every submitted post in my hubs Comment Capsule according to whether or not the submission is directly to do with the topic on hand.

Even if it is and it's got a link to another website, I'll hit the spam button.

If it's on target but has a link to the persons hub and that hub has nothing to do with the topic on hand, I may hit the spam button.

I'm not sure what the OP wants. We all moderate our hub Comment feedback according to how we feel. Not sure what impartiality has to do with it.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

If I think I understand what you are saying...HubPages administration has nothing at all to do with comments in hubs...

And like others said, if hub writers deny a comment, that is their right.

8. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Venugopal, as far as comments that praise America being posted and others not - that's not accurate.  There are tons of Hubs where people criticize America and say some pretty ugly things about (either in the Hub, itself, or in the comments that follow). 

I have to say, though, that even though I'm all for open discussion about America, if someone chose one of my Hubs to make remarks about America that I didn't think were well educated or well founded, I may well not allow them.   I'd probably post some comments that made rotten remarks about America, but it would depend on whether they appear to me to be fair "different opinions" or "America bashing" - and there's a difference.   Each person's Hubs are his own.  They aren't public forums.

As far as the nasty "indian" remarks go, I'm guessing it wasn't a HubPages "moderator", but a HubPages writer.  Again, each writer writes whatever he wants and isn't obligated to offer opposing (or even nice) views.  You could write Hubs that say what you want to say.  That's what we all do. 

I've had people comment on my Hubs and say that a psychiatrist would find me disturbed lol.  I've often been accused of secretly working for companies when I don't work secretly for anyone.  lol   Some of those ridiculous and nasty comments I've posted, just to show what jerks the people who wrote them are.  Others I have not posted because I don't have to if I don't want to.  Again, you could get some discussions going if you write Hubs and invite opposing (or agreeing) comments.  There's where HubPages offers "equal time" and impartiality.   smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)