How do we save a world that don't want to be saved?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image53
    haj3396posted 11 years ago

Our Job is not to save, we have to change our focus. Our job is to left Jesus up, tell our family, friends, and everyone else what Jesus Christ have done in my life. When we do this then and only then shall the world be saved.
    John 12:32
    And I, if I be LIFTED UP from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me.

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Saved from what?

2. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And exactly are who YOU to make the claim that people other than yourself need to be saved? roll

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

Using scripture to support your position is like using a cartoon character like Superman and his feats in comics, to support a position in reality.

It's comical, but just not realistic. lol

1. jacharless profile image74
      jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

...made me think of that song:

Kryptonite : Away From The Sun : 3 Doors Down

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

At least it was a half way decent song, I got you to think of(or come to mind). wink

smile Yup, now on a Nickleback marathon.

2. peeples profile image93
        peeplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great song!
        As for the OP your jesus has done nothing in my life so I guess the world is screwed!

Is one of my favorite bands, but will always be a Seattle Grunger.

As for the OP, I agree, too much time spent "lifting up" someone who was already lifted up, while millions are falling down every second.

3. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 11 years ago

That has been an age old question.

Just like Satan wants to take as many people with him there are also those humans who want to drag other people into the miserable existence that they have chosen for themselves.

4. profile image53
    haj3396posted 11 years ago

I really love your opinions and the way you see things, but, what if you wrong? Let look at that if you are wrong then your life we get really bad and the end of your want be positive. What if I am wrong, then my life will be the same, health, full of joy, great hope, and Love for the world. Thank on these things?

1. Nouveau Skeptic profile image63
      Nouveau Skepticposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you can answer that question yourself, you might become able to have a constructive inter-faith dialogue.

5. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

In the case of Christians it is best to forcibly move them to a good Muslim community, where they can either follow the laws and rules of the local religious leaders or, or they refuse, be put to death to prevent backsliding by good Muslims.

Do you get the idea that "saving" someone is just a little vague?  That very few people actually need "saving" by you or any other religious person or even religion?  That neither you nor anyone else actually knows what "saved" means in spite of any declarations to the contrary?

Yes very vague. No one yet has been able to answer the question. Nor can I think of any thing we need to be saved from?

I have a theory though and I am not sure how probable it is or not because my question goes on unanswered. The theory goes something like this. Perhaps in peoples mind they cling to what they know as 'being alive' and perhaps think that by being saved will mean they will remain 'being alive'. Meaning they will conquer physical death and continue to live as they do now.

When we don't accept the cycle of life and death being saved then could be very important to whomever.

While anything is possible I doubt that ever lasting life was referring to our physical life. I have heard that there is a 400+ year old monk living somewhere in the Himalayas that reputedly only looks 35 so if that were true staying alive might be possible and I don't think saved would have had anything to do with staying alive as monks belief system is all together different as far as I am aware.

6. profile image54
    Squirrelgonzoposted 11 years ago

I think that this question has a simple answer: You can't.

God gave us free will, and if someone doesn't want God, they don't want God. No harm no foul, it's just not what they want.

The best you can do as a "believer" is represent God the Right way. Follow the command that Jesus gave us to love one another and make sure that people know that God does not condone judgement upon anyone simply because we are human or have made mistakes.

He loves us regardless but He doesn't want someone who doesn't want to be with Him and He isn't going to force himself on anyone either.

Humans-we are not so lucky. Some of us try to force Him on others, or bend the Bible to suit our needs/wants. 

Am I the ONLY one who has ever been pelted in the noggin with a Bible before? Beware the Bible Throwers! (If you have to pass by, make sure they are at least throwing soft covers...and those hurt as it is...especially if there's a big index or study suggestions in the back. Ouch. That's all I'm saying.)

A good book series if I can plug it here is the Gods and Chronicles series written by Lynn Austin. It deals with the generational rule of Judah starting with King Ahaz (What an idiot,) Hezekiah (Yay so far!) to Manasseh (spelling?) anyhow this series can be followed along with 1&2 chronicles as well and I think that you would find this series interesting. smile

7. profile image58
    foreignpressposted 11 years ago

The world wants to be saved. That's how Obama got elected under the mantra of hope and change. Voters from the left and right -- with glazed eyes and starry-eyed visions of a grand utopia -- got sucked into the mass hysteria the world hasn't seen since the Beatles. At this moment, tens of millions of people are suffering for a multitude of reasons whether it's war, hunger, disease, or lack of hope. Millions more are risking their lives to migrate to a better place. They're all looking for a "savior" to give them hope that there is a better life.

Enter the supernatural element. Obviously Obama isn't The One. He's merely paving the way for the real thing at a later date. And that's what Obamacare is; it's a prelude to a world healthcare system that will be governed and paid for by corporate, not state, entities. Most likely Satan will emerge disguised as a corporate kingpin with all the answers to the world's problems.

Yes, the world does want to be saved. The poor, the tired, and huddled masses aren't just immigrants anymore. It's most of the world.

Not all are looking for the better life, some are quite content. Looking for a saviour in all the wrong places might mean that whoever feels they need to look  will be looking a very long time.

So are you saying obamacare is not a good thing? We have always had free health care in our country so I wouldn't know what prelude you are meaning.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)