President Barack Obama Reelected

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

Congratulations to President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden. Congratulations to First Lady Michelle Obama and to Jill Biden.

Kudos to Bill and HIllary Clinton and to the voters of this nation. We know what is best for us and we know how close to disaster our nation had been taken.

Kudos to those who are still standing in line in Florida and elsewhere.

Thanks to the suffering voters of New Jersey, NY and other states who still struggled to cast their ballots.

Let us take this nation back to its former glory and let no one tear us apart.

1. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Xenonlit, I drink a virtual toast with you. Now lets see how the spin meisters on the right handle this. The people have spoken and the message is loud and clear.

1. Jillian Barclay profile image73
        Jillian Barclayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Credence2,
        We celebrate together tonight! It has been a long fought battle!

1. Credence2 profile image79
          Credence2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Jillian, I will pour another glass of the bubbly stuff!

1. Jillian Barclay profile image73

Thank you! The President's speech was beautiful! Hope that you are well!

2. Jillian Barclay profile image73

Amen!

3. susansisk profile image81
      susansiskposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes!  I am so thankful that our nation stood up for their beliefs, and got out and voted. Now we just have to work together to make our country stronger, and better than ever.

4. Repairguy47 profile image59
      Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep, you know whats best for you! Too bad the United States isn't considered.

5. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I, too, am overjoyed that Obama will be able to continue his good work, but I think it's important for those of us who supported him not to gloat.  It is negativity that ruined the Republicans in this election, and we all should learn from their lesson.  In the end, we need to respect each other more, hate each other less, and once again rise to be the America we all want us to be.

1. Repairguy47 profile image59

Uhhhh, what campaign were you watching?

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
          Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wrote earlier before Romney conceded. I missed his speech while online, and would have liked to hear him. I think so many Presidential candidates listen to handlers, and I will watch today to see what Romney is really like, as the speech will tell. It is being said he was gracious, and I don't doubt it. I am glad Obama won by a better margin than I thought last night too. But it will still be a hard road ahead, and he and Congress must learn to give and take a little more, to compromise. But people followed their hearts and values, and I'm proud. And yes, it was hard for so many to vote, but all the efforts to suppress them made people more determined. I hope we can move forward together, and this bickering can if not stop, get better. Our futures depend on it, and changing demographics must be acknowledged by the R's now. The World is moving faster and faster, and we all have to keep up.

It was a win, and the only way he could win was to demonize the other guy. His record was abysmal and he acts like a spoiled child, he is not smarter,better,funnier than anyone else he just acts like it. America lost, and most of those who voted for him don't care, its about what they can get!

1. tammybarnette profile image60
              tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Repairguy, Romney ran the campaign of demonize the other guy, he also out spent him by at least 2-1...In 1994, when OJ Simpson stood trial and was aquitted, I felt the worl was headed in a really bad direction, where money and power rule...last night was a victory for America, whether you are a Obama supporter or a Romney supporter, Americas grass roots did this, women, youth, etnic groups, civil rights groups, that is how Obama won the election, Romney won among old white men, did you know that? It is a new day, it is time to move forward, to be the strong America we can be, to be a beacon to the world...this only works if we all join together for the greater good, and that is what I pray we see in the next four years; unity! smile

Aw jeez!

6. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 JUBILATIONS!

2. Shanna11 profile image74
    Shanna11posted 11 years ago

I wish Obama and his family health, luck and success.

But if in four years things have gotten worse, the blame will fall squarely on him.

1. eternals3ptember profile image60
      eternals3ptemberposted 11 years agoin reply to this

For sure, just as long as people forget about the states, senate, house of reps, and private business.

3. Pearldiver profile image69
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

Hey..... the guy can sing and his body language is certainly more sincere (or better coached) than the other candidate.... smile

Party hard US... the choice has been made... now the hard work starts...

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
      Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The R's are in such shock and denial, Romney is not making a concession speech. They are trying to pretend this is a situation like in 2000 with Bush/Gore. Although every vote is not in (NJ has until Friday due to Hurricane Sandy) it's a Dem state and the vote will be Obamas. All the other votes not yet in are also in big cities, where people are more sophisticated and used to seeing people of color and more diversity. Many people of the red states seem like they never saw a person who looked different to them. Maybe they need to get out more. The racism that poor Obama has had to endure is disgusting, from hateful and redneck people. The R's are more concerned with women's rights and religion, which have no place in government, than in solving our problems and doing what's best for the country. It's awful that instead of learning the country is changing, they refuse to change with the World. It's not just a white man's world anymore, and the R's went too far with the crazy people in the Tea Party. I think Congress should stop being paid and have their benefits cancelled until they grow up and stop blocking everything Obama wants to do. They filibustered over 300 X, a bunch of spiteful, ignorant babies. I hope they understand they are forced to work with him now, and stop this Kenya Mau Mau garbage and lies. I'm so sick of it. I am very happy Obama won, so it's proven the first time wasn't a fluke. Even though he made mistakes, he worked very hard and kept what promises he could with the do nothing Congress, and Bush's policies got us in both the wars and the whole deregulation of the banks.  I hope they don't keep contesting this now, and that Obama wins another state to shut them up. Romney has to face he was not as popular, and people were too afraid of his inconsistency. He had nothing that qualified him to be a President, all he did was raid companies and send jobs to China.

1. Pearldiver profile image69
        Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Cheers for your excellent summary Jean...

This was a HUGE win for Obama and his team... In fairness, I believe he needed a twin term.. but this will be a hard one, so I hope you guys manage to gain improvement in your general lifestyle requirements and needs... smile

Mitt Romney's concession was finally there in his speech... which in some respects was very well presented and in some respects, displayed that he was extremely disappointed...

Once again.... the guy with the dead bird on his head attempted to 'trump' both candidates! Calling everyone's vote for blue and their hair styles... A Sham!!  Amazing!  roll  lol

4. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Money can't buy the presidency.
    That speaks volumes about America's real values.

For me, this win is even more exciting than 2008.
    It's a proud, proud night.

Glad to have you cool hubber friends to share it with!

FORWARD!!

1. susansisk profile image81
      susansiskposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are so right!  The world is happy for us, too.  FORWARD!

2. innersmiff profile image67
      innersmiffposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"Money can't buy the presidency. "

lol

5. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

big_smile

1. tammybarnette profile image60
      tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

rebekahELLE, Didn't see you here last night, we did it! big_smile I am so happy and relieved...

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes,  we did!  The hard work paid off and there's plenty of hard work ahead.  But I'm so happy and thankful to see the great voter turnout in Florida despite the obvious attempt of voter suppression from our governor.  It backfired and made voters determined to get out and stay in line.  Let's hope that the GOP well take a hard, honest look at their platform and decide to move forward.

6. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 11 years ago

I think I'm gonna puke now.  I don't want to call my country Amerika.

1. Mighty Mom profile image76
      Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Then don't!
      lol

7. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 11 years ago

Joining with all who registered Congratulations to President Obama and his supporters.  I choose to believe that my absentee ballot was counted.  Let' continue to pray for our President and our country, moving forward.

8. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

Thanks all who joined the celebration. Condolences to those who are sore losers. The message was sent: we are tired of racism, misogyny, hate, corruption and blather.

We have hard dealings ahead, with enemies coming at us from outside and from within. We have disasters that have never been seen before. We are finished with people who have nothing to offer and everything to grab.

We need to finish the job we started last night and give the President a House of Representatives who will go to work instead of destroying our nation. If a rep offends you, impeach him or her.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)