End Of The World..,.

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image76
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years ago

It's the 21st of December 2012 here right now..... and no apocalypse in sight

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You guys are literally 'Backward!!!!!'  lol

It is currently 10.45 hours into Doomsday here... and only Mayan Tour Operators and Souvenir Salesmen along with 41 Aussies are ass-uming the 'kissyourbuttgoodbye' doomsday pose, waiting, waiting, waiting for the event!  smile

I do feel sorry for the Aussies who have spent the entire day so far, with their lips puckered up to their tail feathers.... Sheeesh, if the wind changes, they'll be stuck where they are and end up really having a problem talking without a speech impediment, as well as changing their socks!  sad

Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lol PD,

Ass-uming not quite right as you love to confuse us Aussies with 'Mericans and their hell bent death wish apocalyptic nonsense mayhem smile

1. A Thousand Words profile image65
          A Thousand Wordsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hehe. I'm 'Merican but I get how ridiculous it is. wink

2. A Thousand Words profile image65

It'a party time!!! WOOT

3. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey, we didn't vaporize.  Whoo Hoo let's party like it's 1999 big_smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6082312_f520.jpg

3. profile image0
    rgmg50posted 11 years ago

Still 45 minutes to go here in SA. O dear me different times in different places in the world. How is the end of the world going to know when to strike and be on time!! LOL

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Midnight, GMT.  Even asteroids and ET's know that much!

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Still no zombies.

1. Michele Travis profile image67
          Michele Travisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

heavy sigh.....no zombies:(

Zombie Plague
            A Record of the Year of Infection: The dead start rising early in 2012, and soon the plague has spread across much of North America. And corporate greed has ensured that you can become a zombie  Being a worldwide traveler my amused system is amazing and will be the last to die, which includes plan B and C for back up.

It’s most likely American greatest pass time is lying. I don’t lie because I don't fear anyone.  Ones only lies when they are afraid. 

4. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 11 years ago

Well it's almost the end of the world for me, went to supermarket to find Christmas goose priced at 75 Euros!  Bloody chicken for me for Crimbo dinner.  Crumbs those Mayan Johnies were good. tongue

Mayan Rump Steak is really cheep everywhere today!  tongue

You might just have to kick it first though, to separate it from the lips used to kiss it goodbye!  sad

1. profile image0
        Kathryn LJposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What happens to the puckered butts when the next day comes?  (Assuming they haven't been kicked.)

I'm pretty sure you get them in an anal retentive state, which means a lot, considering the cut and the use by dates.... besides, they can also be used as bookends if the thought of kicking repels logic! smile

1. profile image0
            Kathryn LJposted 11 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile big_smile

5. paradigmsearch profile image60

This is the way the world ends.

Not with a bang but a whimper.

- T.S. Eliot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQX4N5mt_Yg

6. paradigmsearch profile image60

Ya know... If there is another existence, I would be fine with concluding this one. Just my current mood. It changes.

7. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 11 years ago

Sorry - the official End of World time is 1:00PM US Eastern Time!!!

8. Cheeky Girl profile image65
    Cheeky Girlposted 11 years ago

What a lot of nonsense. The Mayans are supposed to have made a prophesy? Did they? Come on... If they were so smart at predicting things into the future, uuh... where are the Mayans now? Apparently they are mostly extinct as a culture. (There are some descendants apparently still.) And not blown away by any Cosmic apocalypse I know of. So the Mayans never saw that one coming.

Enjoy your peaceful Christmas and Holiday Season. Don't scare the kids. I mean that in a good way of course.

1. A Thousand Words profile image65

They didnt make a prophesy. This madness is based on the fact that their calendar ended. Sad, really.

9. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 11 years ago

The other night I dreamt of knives, continental
    drift divide. Mountains sit in a line, Leonard
    Bernstein. Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester
    Bangs. Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom! You
    symbiotic, patriotic, slam bug net, right? Right.

It's the end of the world as we know it.
    It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

10. livewithrichard profile image70
    livewithrichardposted 11 years ago

If the Mayan calendar doesn't do us in, we still have the Fiscal Cliff to look forward to.  And if that doesn't happen we have the 'Revolution part 2' when Obama comes for our guns.... If we somehow survive that, we're going to crash into that 'Debt Ceiling' and the Chinese are going to take possession of all our property which will then lead to WW3.  The Eastern and Western world is turned into Glass and Africa unites and becomes the world Superpower.   

If the Mayans can make a prediction... so can I smile

1. profile image0

Great prediction.  I'll have to call you Nostradamus 'cause I believe you will be correct.

2. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Frankly, all of that would be far more exciting than just a big boom.

1. livewithrichard profile image70
        livewithrichardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just a glimpse at my next novel...  and the sequel is even crazier... Zombies 'ain't got sh*t' on what rises from the ashes in the East and West where a top top secret 'Plan B' takes form.  That's where the persona's of the 1% were implanted on the T2014 chip and give rise to the chosen ones.  That's right, bio-mechanical Androids, totally immune to the zombie virus; and the fate of humanity rests on the shoulders of a young Australian girl, but only if she survives the Aussie / New Zealand war of 2015.  Before the 2012 'Event' this young Aussie girl won the World Xbox360 Black Ops Tournament and awarded a trophy made from a rare crystal, the only known crystal that could 'turn off' the machines.

smile

1. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Fabulous!

Can't wait for the screenplay!

wink

11. LeanMan profile image78
    LeanManposted 11 years ago

Tum te tum... will soon be 3pm here.... maybe I should go out for a beer later tonight... just in case...

tum te tum....

let me know when it all ends..

waiting..

tum te tum...

time for a cup of tea...

tum te tum....

so boring waiting...

tum te tum...

12. Evan Blenn profile image60
    Evan Blennposted 11 years ago

3 hours and 36 minutes remaining till the Mayan long count comes to a close.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/maya?p0=5

13. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 11 years ago

Still here, but apparently the end is 11.11am GMT - but so far it's Friday!!!!!

14. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

C'est Fini...... + 1.50 hours into Saturday 22nd

I hope you are all honest enough to ADMIT that you did have a little twinge of anticipation in the back of your mind!  A 'what if' moment, a quick scan round the room for another to share breath with!  smile

Enjoy this new beginning.... but make sure in 2013 you don't buy Insurance or anything else from anyone that will bend over backwards, just to kiss their own butt!  lol

1. profile image0

big_smile

15. thakurrajesh profile image59
    thakurrajeshposted 11 years ago

Here in India, only 5.40 hours remaining for 22nd December....

16. ocbill profile image53
    ocbillposted 11 years ago

If you want to survive, why not sign up with the Navy and work in a submarine

17. Kangaroo_Jase profile image76
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years ago

+12 hours into the 22nd at the time of this post in Australia. Hope you all in the Northern Hemisphere are still there......

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Only California remains. All the rest are already gone.

Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LMAO - Must be Red Dawn over there, have the North Koreans invaded already?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
          paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually, the triffids and tribbles divvied the place up.

18. paradigmsearch profile image60

"Phew! Asteroid to miss Earth in 2040, NASA says"

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/21/us/space-asteroid-threat/

Darn!

Happy Days

I give at humans 10,000 more years,  along with greater intelligence

I'm not sure if that could be described as Eternal or Internal Optimism  smile

Aussie/Kiwi Wars sound an interesting prospect... Believe me.. THAT will never happen... I don't think the rest of the world (maybe other than Turkey) understands what war means to ANZACs...
        Aussies and Kiwis forged a 1000 year pledge to each other, in the blood of our young men (Diggers) in April 1915 at Gallipoli and throughout WW1 in Palestine, France and Belgium... we are 'Mates' wherever in the world, we happen to be.... unless we stop to play sport against each other!  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)