This is why I love my dogs!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (24 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 11 years ago

The other evening I woke up having to go to the bathroom.  However, I found myself unable to move.  I couldn't move my legs, arms or head.  I called for my big dog and try as I might was able to hook my fingers under her collar.  I told her to pull and she pulled me out of bed where I laid for quite some time.  Of course I was thinking that if she could get me out of bed I would be able to move so I could get to the bathroom. Brilliant thinking on my part.   My landlord/roommade came home and found me and called an ambulance.  So I had a horrendous stay in the hospital for several days.  I can walk and move once again.  I walk slow but can't do stairs.  My dogs stayed next to me the whole time I was on the floor keeping me warm and keeping me company.  I'm wearing down folks and I don't know how much more I can take.  I have been beaten but now I have a feeling I've been beat.  Just in case you are wondering, I have lupus and with all I've been through it's got a tight grip on me now.  If you don't hear from me it's because I've kinda lost my will to write for right now, I'm just so damn tired and I can't get out of my own way.  However, I still have an interview with the fibro doctor in February.  Talk to you all soon.

1. profile image0
      alwaysamberposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dogs are great! I have a maltese and she is like a child. I love her dearly. Her littler personality is like no other. She's sassy, smart and fun! I hope that you start to feel beter.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh Sarra, don't lose the will to let us know how you are!  There are many here who care about you, even though we are 1000s of miles away and have never met you in person.... your words say so much about you and your heart!  Take care and get well... you don't have to justify anything to us... but don't give up on life, your faithful dogs are telling you this also!  smile

1. profile image0
        Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much Pearldiver for your kind words.  I'm trying to be strong but it's so hard now.

2. AliciaC profile image94
    AliciaCposted 11 years ago

Sarra, I am so happy that you have such wonderful and loving dogs and such great canine friends. I’m very sorry for what you’re going through and hope very much that things improve for you soon and that the doctor's appointment helps you.

1. profile image0

Hi AliciaC.  Thank you, yes my dogs and I are very close.  It's not a doctors appointment, it's an interview for several articles I will be writing on new and effective ways to treat Fibromyalgia.  I don't have medical insurance and only go to the VA as I am a disabled veteran.

1. AliciaC profile image94
        AliciaCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

These articles sound very interesting, Sarra. My sister suffers from fibromyalgia. She'd love to learn about new ways to treat the disorder!

1. profile image0

Hi AliciaC.  The treatments this doctor is doing are successful and I can't wait to get these articles out.  More doctors need to realize FM is real.  It's a short in the CNS (central nervous system) which can be caused by just about anything.  There is oxygen therapy, nutrition, electrical therapy (not 10s unit) and a couple of others that he combines.  He's just super and I wish I could treat with him, but he is just too far away.  So I'm going to take my articles to my rheumatologist and show him.  As you know, doctors think they are God and don't like patients that are smarter than them. But if you are a doctor you should be constantly learning and researching.

3. profile image0
    Vickiwposted 11 years ago

Hello Sarra, I am so very sorry to hear of your awful experience. Thank goodness you do have your dogs. I wish I could be if more help to you, poor lady. Of course you cannot write while you are so sick. Hope you feel better really soon. My thoughts are with you.

1. profile image0

Hi VickiW.  I would be lost without my dogs.  They know when I'm not feeling well and they cuddle up with me on my bed.  My big dog sleeps next to the bed and I often feel her wet nose nudge me as if she is checking on me.  I'm getting around it will just take time.  My sister had lupus and passed 7 years ago.  I know she is looking out for me as well.  My landlord/friend who is a hunting buddy of mine is also looking after me and he has been super.

4. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 11 years ago

Sarra, I'm sorry the lupus has got you down for now.     I have a neighbor friend who has lupus and it's not easy to deal with.
    Glad your dogs are helpful and a comfort to you!
    Hope you get to feeling better very soon.

1. profile image0

Hi Brenda my sister had lupus as well.  It was just horrible for her and she passed 7 years ago.  It run in my family and my uncle had it as well.  My uncle got his from working in a paint factory and they didn't have the proper safety equipment back then.  It's hereditary and environmental.  We need to find a cure.

5. Stina Caxe profile image81
    Stina Caxeposted 11 years ago

My dear friend also suffers from Lupus and I know how horrible it can get.  I am so sorry you have to go through this.  Hopefully you can find a way to manage your symptoms and start feeling better.

Dogs are so smart and such amazing and loyal creatures.  Once my dog who never runs off was playing in the backyard with my sister and brother-in-law and me.  Suddenly she took off running.  We chased after her and found her three doors down.  She was standing over a pregnant woman who had fallen and was calling for help.  We were able to help her up and make sure she was okay all because my dog ran to her side.

1. profile image0

Hi Stina.  Dogs are so smart!!! Humans just don't give them enough credit.  They can smell cancer, they help the blind, they help the lonely and show unconditional love to those who don't know what love is all about.  I am an advocate for Animal Therapy as I know it works.  I just love my dogs and would be lost without them!  I rescued them and they in turn rescued me.  It doesn't get any better than that.  I just can't get my lupus pain under control and it's so frustrating.  I used to be so lively and going all of the time.  My sister was 49 when she passed from lupus, I'm 50 now and seem to be getting worse all of the time.  I know that my sissy is looking after me from heaven and someday we will see each other once again.

6. Miller2232 profile image60
    Miller2232posted 11 years ago

Dogs are a man's best friend.

7. visionandfocus profile image67
    visionandfocusposted 11 years ago

Hi Sarra,
    Good to know that your dogs were with you throughout the awful experience. If you like, I can send you a link to resources that may help you. The one I have in mind is an introduction to EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). I think it would benefit you to learn it and self-administer for a few minutes every day. If you're interested, drop me a line.
    Wishing you well,
    visionandfocus

8. profile image0

Hello Sarra, just want you to know you are in my thoughts, and hope you are having a reasonable day today.

1. profile image0

Thank you VickiW.  I'm actually having a good day so far and am able to get around much better as long as there aren't any stairs around.  My dogs follow me everywhere I go as if to make sure I'm ok.  I'll tell ya, I would be so lost without them.  They range from 3 lbs to 70 lbs, are all old, blind have one eye or 3 legs and as I see them in what they can do and how they get around it gives me courage to do the same thing. 

My roommate informed me that he got a different job, a better job as a matter of fact and is moving however, he is taking me with him.  I could just cry.  He's been a Godsend since he rescued me from my tent.  We have been friends for several years and nothing else which is just fine with me.  We help each other out and we both love to fish and hunt and he is good with my dogs. 

I'm just so tired all of the time and hurt all over but everyday is an adventure of sorts so I do things in small increments.  When I cook, I make enough for leftovers so I don't have to cook every day.  Thank you for checking in on me.  Keep in touch, please.

1. profile image54
        Robertr04posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sarra. Hope you are feeling better today. I hope I wont overwhelm you and will try to keep this short and simple. Without going into a lot of detail, if you can, go to the health store and get some litmus paper. This will enable you to check your urine and saliva pH (power or potential of hydrogen). A pH test measures the concentration of hydrogen ions in your body, The more positively charged hydrogen ions present, the more acids present. The less hydrogen ions present, the less acidity. The pH scale ranges between 1-14. 7 is considered neutral. Anything below 7 is considered acidic. Anything above 7 is considered alkaline. The pH scale shows increases and decreases in the acid/alkaline content of your body's fluids (blood,saliva,urine,lymph,etc.). A healthy body should operate slighty alkaline. Deviations below or above a 7.3-7.4 pH range in the blood can signal potentially serious and dangerous symptoms or states of "dis-ease" which warns us of a deeper rooted disease process. When your cell and tissue pH levels (urine,saliva) deviate from a healthy range (7.0-7.4) into an acidic state (below 7.0) the acid wastes that your body is normally able to discard when it's healthy through the elimination routes start to back up like a clogged sewage system. In a nutshell, without going any further, this can give you an idea how you arrived in your condition. It built up over the years. To bring your pH into balance, take the juice of 2 lemons and limes, organic if possible, mix with a pint of distilled water, 2 tblsp of apple cider vinegar ( with "mother") in 4-5 oz of distilled water, (both drinks) 3x/day, 6 days/wk, ceasing on the same dayevery week. Check pH regularly. Change to an alkaline diet. Detoxify (cleanse) the body, there is no correction of illness without the cleanse, oxygenate, and see what happens. Good health is simple, not necessarily easy (takes a liitle discipline), but amazingly simple. It wont happen over night, but if you make this a way of life... To your good health.

1. profile image0

Hi Robertr04.  Very interesting.  I will have to try this.  I wonder if doctors check the PH in our systems?

2. profile image54
        Robertr04posted 11 years agoin reply to this

BTW Sara. Would not be caught without a dog or two.

1. profile image0

Never without my dogs!  They are Sarra's Best Friends. smile

9. profile image0

Of course I will. So glad you are cooking and eating. I discussed the importance of this in my last Hub. Great that you are cooking enough for leftovers too. That is a great strategy. Hope you have a very much better weekend. So glad your friend is with you too. Sounds as though you have an adventure coming up. You will be in my thoughts.

10. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 11 years ago

So sorry to read that you are again going through a rough patch- but with the help of your dog your friend and us "hubbers" you will keep on fighting and winning. Take care and try and rest

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)