Traffic Already Rising on Editors Choice Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (92 posts)
  1. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 10 years ago

Title says it all really. I have 3 EC hubs and 2 are already seeing good traffic increases.

How are yours doing?

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey Susana, is the traffic from search engines?

Susana Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yep. Google.

Rankings are rising.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
          lobobrandonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's cool! Good luck smile Hope it lasts. No reason as to why it shouldn't.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's great!!  Congratulations, you have a lot of good work posted.
      I don't think they have looked at any of mine... or, worse, maybe they did.

1. janshares profile image94
        jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ditto, Rochelle. I decided to opt out anyway. This will give me more time to wait and see what happens across the board with others while I fix/update hubs that need tweaking and write more hubs. As I said in another thread, you can't lose what you never had. So it's all good for now. Congrats to you, Susana S!

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
          DrMark1961posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I cannot understand opting out of the program without even giving it a try. I figured a few months--if things improve, great, if not, I can opt out then.

Now or later, 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other. Maybe it's fear of change. Whatever. I will do it next time.

1. agilitymach profile image94
              agilitymachposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I opted out because I'm seeing a 300% increase with the new Panda.  Why would I want to mess with great success?!?  I will see how it works out, wish everyone well and maybe opt back in in 60 days.  Actually, I can think of many reasons to opt out. smile

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
                Jean Bakulaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Janshares,
                I also noticed little "tips" in blue saying the hubs would be better with less Amazon products. Since I write mostly about Metaphysical topics, all I can really use to sell is books, which make nothing, or jewelry, like what birthstone or other gems help certain Astrology signs. In groups I belong to, everyone wears a lot of jewelry. But it doesn't seem to work here. I'm not going back to change all my hubs once again. I'll just wait and see.

I've had to change almost all of my pictures, most of them are the wrong size when I try to use them as the 6 Featured ones on my profile. But I've always found things pick up in Fall, so I am writing more hubs, and hoping I'll get results in a month or two if I'm patient.

Good strategy, Jean.

2. Susana S profile image93

I'd be leaving well enough alone too in your situation.

I'm sure some of yours will get Editors Choice Rochelle! (I think they started at the end of the alphabet and are working backwards, so it might take a while to get to you).

3. Denmarkguy profile image82
      Denmarkguyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I only have one in this category, and so far it's hard to say whether there's a definite traffic increase... but in a few days it might be easier to tell.

4. moonlake profile image80
      moonlakeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on your EC hubs and your traffic increase.

5. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
      Phyllis Doyleposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well, obviously I do not have any EC hubs, or I would not ask this question: How are you notified that you have an EC hub? Does it show somewhere on the hub page?

Congratulations, Susana!

1. susi10 profile image95
        susi10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

It appears on your Hub Statistics Page, with an Editors Choice logo on the hub title that got that award. Unfortunately, I didn't get any which is weird, because the majority of my hubs are stellar and have a score over 70. However, in Robin's blog post, she mentioned that it will take at least a few weeks to review all the hubs so we have to be patient. I suppose we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed, Phyllis.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
          Phyllis Doyleposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, susi10.  My hubs are like yours, all my hubs receive a 70 or above after review when they become featured.  So, we will both hold on and see what happens.

2. brakel2 profile image74
        brakel2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

They say a banner appears on your statistics page by the hub.

6. ChristinS profile image39
      ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have several and I have noticed a big traffic increase today to the majority of them. I am very excited smile

That's great to hear Christin!

7. profile image0
      Jennifer Sucheyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If anyone reading this thread is confused like I was, here's a link to more info on Editor's Choice. http://blog.hubpages.com/2013/08/announ … oice-hubs/

I haven't been very active at HubPages for about a week, so didn't know anything about Editor's Choice. Sounds like a great way to inspire quality writing. Congrats on those who made Editor's Choice so far! big_smile

2. Nitin Pillai profile image60
    Nitin Pillaiposted 10 years ago

Hi Susana,I am new to hubpages. I think the traffic is falling for my hubs. The blue arrow marker is shown beside all of my hubs.

3. srsddn profile image90
    srsddnposted 10 years ago

I am glad, Susana. I have only one in this category and I found the traffic rising this morning. Let us compare the notes after one week. You are doing a great job.

4. hypnodude profile image60
    hypnodudeposted 10 years ago

Actually according to Alexa traffic to Hubpages is going down more or less each month in 2012 and in 2013 and I see this from how my hubs are performing but if in these troubled times your hubs still perform well Susana then I'm very happy for you. wink

Not that it is probably going any better on Squidoo.

Thanks Google!

1. Nitin Pillai profile image60
      Nitin Pillaiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Squidoo is on a rampage to drive its best writers away. Too many false positives from the now buggy Squidoo spam filter and too many good quality lenses locked and deleted. Visit their forums, and you will get a clear picture of the mayhem. I suggest sticking to Hubpages, the situation must improve sooner or later.

Atleast writers are given some respect here on Hubpages, unlike Squidoo recently.

2. hypnodude profile image60
        hypnodudeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Probably you are right. And it's Google fault anyway. Their low performing algorithm and their search to rule the net and state what's good and what's not. Strange that they usually miss the point. Even with all those neverending updates. smile

Lucky us that they follow their "Don't be Evil" motto. In their dreams probably as everything they do is aimed to push AdWords as the only legitimate source of traffic, but that's another story. Imho obviously.

Thanks for the answer.

Google often pulls out all limits when it comes to "ruling the internet". Probably the most evil is google itself. sad

3. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I almost had to laugh at your post; it is exactly the comments being put out when HP started it's quality campaign to bring HP in line with what Google wants.

There have been hubbers hurt by HP's efforts, and will be more.  Most will claim their hubs are wonderful, high quality pieces of writing (and some will be right, too) but are being taken down anyway.  Some have left HP because they were "censored" and more will do so in the future. 

Squidoo may be making mistakes in their efforts to improve (just as HP has), but give them credit for trying.  Those that have sat back and done nothing are gone now.

Hey you! How are you?

I've mostly done ok on HP in comparison to a lot of others, but yes there have certainly been traffic issues over the last few years!

(Tip: if you want to look at real, measured traffic stats for HP and Squidoo go to quantcast.com - Alexa's stats are just guesses).

1. hypnodude profile image60
        hypnodudeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey! Fine thanks Susana, hope it's the same for you. And I see you're still one of the top writers on HP, fabulous. Thanks for the hint about quantcast and have a great weekend.

See you soon! smile

5. moonlake profile image80
    moonlakeposted 10 years ago

I don't understand this if HP can make your traffic better with EC Hubs than why can't they do that for us all the time.

Quality gets rewarded, maybe thats why. Still I think more hubs should be featured.
      PS: Your hubs are awesome.

It's complicated!

In the beginning...

all hubs were on the main Hubpages.com domain.

Then Google released Panda and HP was penalised severely for the number of very poor hubs on the site. This meant that good hubs were penalised along with the poor ones.

To remedy this HP brought in author subdomains to try to ringfence each authors content and protect it somewhat from the bad stuff - so the good ones could thrive while the bad ones sank (it didn't always work out this way, but that was the idea).

Subdomains worked pretty well, but about 6 months back Google started reindexing many older hubs back on HP's main domain url instead of the subdomain url... and viola....traffic returned to pre-panda levels for many of those hubs.

Then Google changed its mind and put the hubs back on subdomain urls - traffic dropped drastically.

In order to counteract that, Hubpages has decided to put the best (read the highest trafficked) hubs back on to HP's main domain to try to get the traffic to them back. They are doing this by giving these hubs the Editors Choice award.

It's an experiment.

1. ChristinS profile image39

Excellent explanation Susana smile Thank you

2. janshares profile image94

+1

3. Writer Fox profile image30
        Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it's the 'highest traffic' Hubs, but the ones with the highest Hub Score.  I opted out of the experiment, but my best Hubs for traffic don't have the best Hub Score.  What this might mean for those of you in the experiment, is that your Hub is now isolated off of your subdomain and may be with Hubs that Google doesn't particularly think are 'high quality.'  Food for thought.

It might be as arbitrary as hubscore, or maybe there are various criteria. If I were HP I would certainly be wanting to put the highest traffic hubs back in a situation where they can get as much traffic as possible, but they'd also need to meet quality and engagement standards too. (Otherwise the situation you propose with Google could be an issue - as it is, I don't think it will be).

So going by what I see in my account...Two of the hubs selected for EC typically got well over 1000 views per day each. One scores 100 and the other 98. I have other hubs with 100 scores that haven't been selected....yet.

The other EC hub was popular ie: ranked first for it's main phrase for a long, long time, but typically gets a couple of hundred hits per day. That one does have 100 score too.

2. wilderness profile image94

I don't think it's either hubscore OR traffic.  The ones I've had chosen range from the lowest traffic to the highest, and from near the lowest hubscore to the highest.  There is something else happening, although both probably play a part.

That's interesting.

Makes me wonder if one of the main factors is keyword traffic potential then.

1. wilderness profile image94

A total guess here, but I think there is more to it than that.  It seems that almost all the AP hubs are EC, regardless of traffic or score.  This makes me think that they were an easy grab, having already been looked at and evaluated as being appropriate for EC when written.  And that they will likely be removed from the EC queue as it fills up with "better" hubs, whatever "better" actually means.

To examine every hub for its keywords, and then each keyword for potential traffic is, I think, beyond the reasonable capabilities of HP.

1. aa lite profile image85
                aa liteposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My understanding is that EC hubs are about the "quality" as defined by HP.  I wouldn't be surprised if a high QAP score wasn't the initial criterion, and the editors' main job is to check whether the high score was justified.   Also paying attention that there weren't too many hubs on the same topic. 

I don't see any advantage to limiting EC hubs to an artificial number (say only 1000 EC hubs at any one time.  The most important things is not include ones that Google might object to for any reason, which is why I think low "engagement" hubs will be thrown back into subdomains.

Ditto for the QAP score - for the time being that would be my guess as well.

If this is successful, I don't really see any reason HP would limit the number, either, except maybe the number in a particular small niche.  Not so sure about the low engagement hubs - I've got several EC hubs that haven't seen a view in a week.  If low engagement was a problem, it would seem that those would not have been chose in the first place.  Traffic is easy enough to check, after all, and that's getting pretty close to the minimum to be featured.

I also have some low traffic hubs that are EC, but if the organic traffic is very low they will be idled.  One of the requirements for EC is for the hub to be featured.

Apparently the people who recovered from panda have ruthless removed anything that was not getting google traffic (Paul E. wrote about that somewhere), which is I think why low "engagement" hubs become idled even if they seem to be high quality.  I don't know whether the traffic requirement will be tightened for EC hubs.

Confused. In your reply to me you said some of your EC hubs had low hubscores? Therefore, not great QAP scores either (assuming all your hubs have been through QAP)?

4. moonlake profile image80
        moonlakeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks you have helped me understand it.

You're welcome.

I think my (cynical? pragmatic?) idea that HP would give EC to the highest traffic hubs has been well and truly disputed. There's a lot more to it than that from what people are telling me.

But the rest of what I wrote is accurate. I'm glad it was helpful smile.

6. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

3 sounds a little miserly. Still, a rise is good.

Yeah I want MORE!

Would particularly like to see my best performing amazon hub selected.

1. Will Apse profile image87
        Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would be interested to know if your Amazon pages pass the Style Tips test.

I haven't even looked at the style tips thing yet, but it seems from Robin's thread that they wouldn't.

Personally, I think it's important that a sales page is assessed by whether it provides searchers with what they want/need and therefore makes lots of sales, rather than arbitrary style rules, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

I'm sure that someone at HP wants to make money. They will decide that substance is more important than style.

7. Judi Bee profile image90
    Judi Beeposted 10 years ago

My traffic is still awful, despite EC hubs.

8. Nitin Pillai profile image60
    Nitin Pillaiposted 10 years ago

Even though not related to this topic, I thought it might be fun pointing out that this thread ranks 1 for "EC hubs hubpages". I was told earlier (before I joined Hubpages recently) that hubpages suffers from lower indexing rates from Google. Glad to find out it is that the opposite is true.

9. Mark Johann profile image60
    Mark Johannposted 10 years ago

This is a good inspiration for us hubbers. Thanks for this news.

10. profile image56
    lenamaewritesposted 10 years ago

I don't have any EC Hubs, but I've been seeing a pretty big increase in traffic anyway. Whatever the reason, I'll take it!

11. Writer Fox profile image30
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

Traffic site-wide went down 9% on August 9.

12. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 10 years ago

Is an Editor's Choice hub the same as having an "h" next to it in the last column?

If not, I don't have a single EC hub. Oooops

I suspect most people haven't had their EC hubs picked yet.  They are doing it by hand (after I assume some filters, like QAP score), so it will take a while before they pick the hubs from everybody's accounts.  So don't panic yet.

13. LCDWriter profile image91
    LCDWriterposted 10 years ago

No, it apparently has a banner beside it.  The H means featured and able to be crawled by google and other search engines.

14. ologsinquito profile image82
    ologsinquitoposted 10 years ago

Does anyone believe that moving some hubs to the main domain will negatively affect hubs remaining in our subdomains. None of my hubs were selected for Editor's Choice. Until today, my traffic was rising nicely. Now it has dropped about 40-50 percent.

1. Writer Fox profile image30

In my opinion, the answer is No.

But do you believe that moving all the Stellar hubs, OR what google considers to be "quality" hubs would affect the remaining hubs in the subdomain?

1. Writer Fox profile image30

In order to identify those Hubs, my friend, you can't just look at traffic sent from Google.  You would have to search for every keyword phrase used in every Hub and see how well every Hub ranks on Google for them.  Some Hubs don't get much traffic because their keyword phrase isn't highly searched, but they are still high-quality in Google's eyes.  HubPages ain't gonna do all of that.

No, of course not, but that is their goal.  Unattainable, but a goal to be reached for nonetheless and to some degree I've no doubt they will be successful.  If nothing else, they won't have too many bad (according to Google) hubs in their program and that will leave a higher percentage left in the subdomain than there was.

2. ologsinquito profile image82
        ologsinquitoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's good. I hope you are right, and you do seem to know your way around the Internet.

15. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 10 years ago

I'm seeing some red arrows on my Editor's Choice hubs, but I'm a little surprised at some of the choices. I'm also surprised at a couple that weren't chosen - like my $1,000 winning Hub Contest hub. In all, I have about 220 EC hubs. Don't get excited - I have around 1,000 hubs, in all. lol

I only have one out of 134, but am not sure how they are choosing them. All of my hubs are Featured, and I only have one with a score under 75. So I hate to sound crabby, but it makes no sense. The one they chose is popular, it's part of a long series, and in fact, is longer than some people like to read. I have red arrows on two others in the series, but not the EC one. I did add a link to lead readers to the first one, which explains the history and what the subject is about. Are real people reading these, or is it a bot?

2. wilderness profile image94

One thing I found is that the large majority of my hubs that were not chosen had Amazon/eBay capsules with more than 2 links in them.  Mostly keyword type capsules, but there were some with specific products as well.

Most of those I've changed to 2 products (not all as some hubs were proven successful with lots of links) - it will be interesting to see if they're picked in the future.

3. janshares profile image94

None of mine were picked, Jean. 51 hubs all featured, 5 hubs under 75, 11 hubs 90 and above. I found only one that had an eBay capsule with 3 products that I have since decreased to 2. As stated above, I did decide today to opt out. I would like to see how it all works out and give it a go the next round. I'm not going anywhere. I'll just write more hubs, do some editing, and see what happens.

1. ologsinquito profile image82
        ologsinquitoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Many of my hubs are a bit controversial, so I wasn't expecting any of them to get picked for Editor's Choice. I'm just concerned about traffic falling on all of the hubs that weren't chosen.

4. Susana S profile image93

This is what I was interested in hearing about - whether other hubbers EC hubs were seeing traffic rises. Thanks for sharing Habee smile

16. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 10 years ago

I've opted out.  I wouldn't care if traffic quadrupled on an EC hub it still wouldn't help my other hubs.  Hubs that are EC are removed from the sub and put on the main domain and you will not even be able to track its performance on analytics, you can only rely on the stellar data collection of HP stats.

I think it's incredibly selfish of HP to have us provide them with free content then they take the best of the content and place it on their main domain, presumably to drive up their own rankings, while leaving the subs to fend for themselves.

They're still trackable using google analytics (which is what I use for HP anyway).

17. profile image0
    delleaposted 10 years ago

Call me stupid, but I just got back to HubPages after being away for a bit due to my workload... how can I tell if my hubs are EC featured? What does it look like, an accolade? Where can I find the official article about EC hubs? I know what you might say, search for it myself...

There is a blog post detailing the change.

There is a big banner next to EC pages on your accounts page, apparently.

18. BigJulesMags profile image69
    BigJulesMagsposted 10 years ago

Your hubs that score high/ got selected, do they tend to be more informational type hubs?  I write a lot of creative and comedic hubs and those seem to get routinely lower scores.  However, readers like those better.  That and their chosen hubs of the day are always some type of "how to" which isn't really something I do.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Same here.  Not a hope in hell of being chosen.  I opted out anyway.  Why would a failed idea work by shifting it to another place?

2. ChristinS profile image39

In all honesty, yes. HP platform is more about the "how to" and things like that because those cater to what people are searching for on the search engines. Most people when they are googling are looking for specific information. In my experience, and personal not too humble opinion wink the hubs that do best are  a) how to do something b) product reviews or information c) travel info or info on places. I am guessing recipes would have a good shot also, at least on Pinterest, but I haven't written any of those so can't say for sure.

My hubs that were fictional, short stories or in any way creative are removed from here and placed elsewhere. With HP's platform, your best success will be with information hubs.

19. aa lite profile image85
    aa liteposted 10 years ago

So I'm seeing traffic rising nicely but.......my "time on page" is falling drastically according to GA.  And these were pages that had decent (at least 3 minutes?) times previously.

So either Goo is sending ppl with complete inappropriate queries, or the extra traffic is bots, or GA is not reporting dwell time correctly.

But all of a sudden I am worried.

ETA So I went and checked on a couple of hubs.  One that was already doing quite well before the change had a dwell time of 5 minutes when I look at a 30 day period.  In the last 2 days traffic has doubled, but time on page is now 15s!

Another page I checked is less drastic.  In the last 30 days it had a dwell time of 5.25 minutes.  Now it's down to 3.  But a lot of my pages have extremely short times on page now, and I'm pretty sure they used to be quite good.

Take a look at the keywords google is sending traffic to your hubs for and compare to the phrases it previously sent traffic to them for. Look for totally new ones.

Google will be reassessing the pages and probably is sending traffic for a variety of phrases to see which ones are most appropriate - this is normal.

Try not to stress about it!

20. Abby Campbell profile image74
    Abby Campbellposted 10 years ago

It was a nice surprise to come back from vacation and see the majority of my hubs selected as "Editor's Choice." However, I didn't know what it meant whatsoever until I read the hub about it. It's very exciting, though I'm a bit disappointed as well. I had certain hubs that had terrific steady traffic for months and now they are receiving half the traffic. However, I have other hubs with increased traffic to where they are beating my number one hub. It's a bitter sweet. I am willing to ride this out before opting out and going back to my subdomain though. I know that change can be difficult, but HP declares that Editor's Choice hubs will receive even more attention than even the featured hubs. I would like to take the chance and see what will happen, even with a little less traffic currently.

The funny thing is that I do have one hub that was not selected as Editor's Choice and it has a hub score of 100. Go figure! But, I do believe HP is still working the selection process as well.

I have always trusted HP to do the right thing. They are very professional in all that they do, and I believe they will make it a win-win for us. We just need to give them a chance. :-)

21. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 10 years ago

I'm thrilled by this change. It has really boosted my traffic (I must have received a personal Google slap back late last year).

Hoping that the increase will continue this time.

22. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 10 years ago

Google recently - okay they said it last week - said they will be favoring more content that is "long form" content ... i.e, content that has a bigger word count as this must signify something good in its content, and in any event Hubs are getting a boost, including mine. A lot of my hubs have wordcounts that exceed the Thousand word count mark. My Hub Score is at 88 today. it was in the mid 60's last week. So my traffic is way the hell up, and I am relieved and glad.

I'll take the 80's any day, since the music from the 80's was better, too! As for the 90's... well who knows... smile

23. bettybarnesb profile image59
    bettybarnesbposted 10 years ago

Just wanted to say congratulations to everyone! Your great work is being recognized!

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Except for those who are unworthy of EC for whatever reason...?

psycheskinner,
        I agree that the process seems rather arbitrary. Of my 135 hubs, all of them are featured, and many exceed 3,000 words. I was doing well before the last Google slap. I only have two EC hubs. I write a lot about Astrology, but do cover a lot of other metaphysical topics in depth, for those who wish to learn more. So I can't figure it out. I didn't even make the payout this month!

1. psycheskinner profile image82
          psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It would be nice to know what the criteria are.  I have zero ECs.

psycheskinner,

I suppose it's something arbitrary. Of my two EC's, one is part of a series, and not even the first part, so it won't introduce the reader to the topic as I wished.

I took all of last year to write the obligatory pieces on two sites, and to build up content on my blog. But then I was doing well here, so came back and began another series. I have two more pieces to write. But my blog hasn't performed as well as I hoped, and I don't know if other sites are doing much better.

Wizzley had such a great rep in the beginning, but it appears anyone making money has 300+ articles. I found metaphysical stuff wasn't appreciated much there. Infobarrel has higher standards, but is harder to navigate. Plus you can't just go in and edit one word. You whole piece has to wait to go through the whole cache again. I had one "lost" in "pending" for months!

My heart isn't in building up a lot of content on another site, so I'm exploring ideas to make my blog better. We won't get a straight answer from the admin here. I think they are trying anything to see what sticks.

24. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

I assume it is on some basis rather than a monkey throwing darts at balloons.  We just don't know what it is.

25. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

Just getting this thread ahead of the spammers stuff....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)