Google AdSense

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (27 posts)
  1. rachellrobinson profile image85
    rachellrobinsonposted 10 years ago

I received an e-mail yesterday saying that my AdSense account had been closed for violations. I cannot contact AdSense, and cannot figure out what the alleged violation was. I haven't published a hub in a couple weeks so I find this very disconcerting, the only think I know is I am just shy of their threshold for payment. I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with AdSense recently or if they have had an issue when they are just below the threshold to get paid.

1. Writer Fox profile image30
      Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You can read the top reasons for an account closure and how to file an appeal here:
      http://productforums.google.com/forum/# … daTd8QKbAo

rachellrobinsonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I read the reasons they listed however the e-mail they sent doesn't include an issue number so their system will not allow an appeal. It says without an issue number they cannot allow me to appeal.

2. FranckBlevinal profile image60
      FranckBlevinalposted 10 years ago

Google doing a lot of change recently, AdSence come from Google company. This company replace the Google keywords suggestions by another site. I have seen that you are a freelance woman writing from your home? Forget AdSence and get your own Viral Blog System. You will make more money without Google AdSence. In my opinion.

I might have to try that thank you.

2. Emmanuel Marosi profile image43
        Emmanuel Marosiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

how does the viral blog system work and how can we sign up for it?

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

What is a viral blog system?

3. word55 profile image70
      word55posted 10 years ago

Read your hubs over. You may have undesired language or pics in one or more.

Thanks, I don't have any warnings from Hubpages but I'll check it out.

4. Glenn Stok profile image97
      Glenn Stokposted 10 years ago

Check your Webmaster Tools Site Messages to see if they left you any messages. If you don't have WebMaster Tools set up, it's important to do so.

I see you are allowing people to place links in your comments. Self promotional links are against HubPages TOS. But more importantly, you never know what the status of those other web sites are. If Google finds you are linking to sites that do not follow AdSense rules, then you might very well be dropped from AdSense yourself.

It takes a lot of research to check out and verify each link people place in your comments. I find it easier to just deny those comments. Especially since HubPages already places a warming against promoting other sites in your comments capsule. And you can save yourself a lot of problems with AdSense. 

Try removing questionable comments and then hopefully you can ask Google to reactivate your AdSense.

Did that change? I have never heard that links weren't allowed in the comments. For the most part I do check the link before I post it to make sure it has to do with the hubs content and adds to the dialog. Thank you.

Rachel

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
          Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

At the bottom of the box for making a comment to any Hub is listed this warning for as long as I can remember:

"No HTML is allowed in comments, but URLs will be hyperlinked. Comments are not for promoting your Hubs or other sites."

The reference to self promoting targets the posting of self-promoting links in comments, meaning that those links are to be avoided.

I hope you can have your AdSense account back.

I don't think I will be able to, when Google sent the e-mail they made it so there was no way I could contact them. In the e-mail it says to reference a number and the number was left out. I tried to contact them and tell them that the number was missing and they responded that without a number they wouldn't be able to do anything.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
              Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is always scary, because you can't earn money at Hubpages without a Google account. If you can't get Google to listen, there are other affiliates to try if you setup your own website or blog. Squidoo doesn't require you to have a Google account either. I'm sure there are other writing sites too. I keep trying to get Google to listen though.

Another thought I have since you didn't get the number, are you sure the email came from Google and someone isn't trying to spoof you?

1. Alison Graham profile image94
                Alison Grahamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm with Barbara on this, maybe someone is trying to scam you - can you log into your adsense account?

1. ChristinS profile image40
                  ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's what I was kind of wondering too. It seems suspicious that it came with no reason given or anything.

2. rachellrobinson profile image85

Yes I tried to log in and verified that the account is closed, I have tried to contact Google but there isn't any way to contact them. It is very frustrating.

2. rachellrobinson profile image85

I have gotten paid via HubPages without Google through HubPages own payment deal, however I was only a couple dollars shy of the $100 payout from Google and the e-mail essentially said oh well too bad we aren't going to pay you any of that. I kind of feel like Google is ripping me off but there isn't a way to contact them.

2. Glenn Stok profile image97
          Glenn Stokposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Rachel, Patty Inglish already answered you. So no need to repeat that. But based on your other posts, I am wondering if that email you got is really from Google. Since it is missing a case number, I question it. Did it have a link to click on?  If so, did you hover over the link before clicking it to be sure it's not going to another site? Could be a spoof of a Google site that will give you a virus if you click to it.

Look in the bottom of your browser to see the actual URL that the link would go to when you hover over it.  Never click a link in an email without doing that first. 

Besides all that, did you log into your AdSense account to see the status. Click the "messages" link. That will tell you everything you need to know. And check your Webmaster Tools too, Google always posts messages there about issues you might be having. They tell me when I have a big drop or rise in traffic on a particular hub.

I went to google, not from the link that is posted in the e-mail but from my Triond account and Google says that my AdSense has been closed. When I tried to e-mail Google they said that they cannot help me without a reference number and the original e-mail doesn't have a reference number in it.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

I also wonder if the email was genuine.  Did it have any links to follow for more information?  I hope you didn't click on any of them?  See if you can log into your Adsense account.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
          Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. Barbara Kay profile image73
          Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you did follow a link and type in your user name and password, you better change the password and quick. Then check your account info that they didn't change the address to where payments should be sent. This could be a new scam to get our earnings.

1. drpennypincher profile image86
            drpennypincherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

FYI, here's a description of the Google Adsense “Account Disabled” Phishing Scam from 2009. 
            http://domainnamewire.com/2009/10/15/be … hing-scam/

As far as I know it is legitimate, like I posted up above this I went straight to my account from Google and not from any links in the e-mail.

5. my-zone profile image67
      my-zoneposted 10 years ago

Adsense guys don't cheat, they pay u every time for valid clicks

6. P Priyadarshana profile image79
      P Priyadarshanaposted 10 years ago

This usually happens if you have done any kind of activity against the adsense TOS (with or without knowing) at anytime during your account was active. By the time they are to pay you, I think they analayze the whole history and if they find any fraudant act, your account will get banned. It's only you who knows what really occurred. this is why you should monitor your click patterns regularly and report if you see any thing unusual. I think you can open a thread in adsense forum and ask the officials for help. http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/adsense

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)