Do you backlink all your hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (38 posts)
  1. N. Ramius profile image72
    N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

Or just your profile and select hubs?

1. getpaidtopost profile image39
      getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

backlink all hubs using hotlinks

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Each hub gets at least 5 backlinks from my external blogs. I add backlinks to each hub on a regular basis.

I also interlink hubs when appropriate.

You really need to add some images to your hubs, your profile page looks bad the way it is.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oops yes, Nellie, I see what getpaidtopost means - looks like you're ego tripping! 

I can see why you dont feel you need an image in your Hubs, because the ads are so colourful by themselves - however you could add an image about half-way down the Hub, it would still show up as the thumbnail.

Did you know you can put links to your blogs in your profile "blurb"?  It would be worthwhile.

I'm curious how your Hubs are performing - the ads are very "in your face", especially the big one at the beginning of the Hub.  My gut reaction was that they're too ad-heavy, but then maybe that's what works?

3. cashmere profile image78
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

I only use the RSS feed, not much of backlinking done.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Hey guys I'm not ego tripping, jeesh, I just have a lot to do. My hubs are fine and I really didn't ask for a critique, I was responding to a question of linking. I'll think this will be my last post or vist to the forums.

Oops sorry, I don't think either of us meant to suggest you were - just letting you know that you're accidentally creating that impression!

2. Kya profile image61
      Kyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nelle, I just visited some of your hubs, they look very focused and professional. Reading how much we are discussing about making money, we need your advice!

So, please don't stay away from the forum!

1. viryabo profile image94
        viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes Nellie, please keep appearing on the forums. I always get a tip or two from your posts.
        i shall personally fish you out of hiding if you go. smile

3. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nelle, don't go! We'd miss you too much in the forums!

4. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nellie I for one value your contributions to the forum.

You are a no fuss ,experienced hubber and offer advice freely.

Dont you dare think of leaving us smile

5. N. Ramius profile image72

I don't have any blogs or websites. This site is all I use so I can't use that method to back link or promote anything.

As for clicks, I've had 7 so far since I joined. I'm not sure about the ads if they're too much or too abrasive. Manipulating them is irritating though.

Just curious, would you recommend an RSS feed at the bottom of the hubs to my other hubs or should I spend time hunting for an outside link for my RSS feeds? Im currently not using the RSS feeds function and would like too.

Backlinks are valuable, and you don't need your own websites to get them.  You can go to other people's blogs and post links, or join forums where they allow you to post links.  Look for blogs and forums which are relevant to your Hubs, of course! 

I wouldn't use an RSS feed to your other Hubs - instead, link to your other related Hubs in the text. 

As for ads - If you're finding the Amazon and eBay ads too annoying, you don't have to use them.  Most of us make most of our sales through the Adsense ads anyway, and HubPages takes care of them (assuming you're signed up for Adsense and have pasted your code into your HP account). 

Tip: don't put a photo in the top right hand corner of your Hub, move it down to the second or third text capsule. The top right hand corner is the prime position for ads, where they're most likely to get clicks.

6. N. Ramius profile image72

Part of  my problem is I don't know if I'm here to make money or write fun and informative articles.

7. livewithrichard profile image71
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

When I first started here I was backlinking all my hubs but now I only place backlinks to my profile page. From there it will pass on to my hubs.

8. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Uh-oh, yet another drama yikes

you love it really lol

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not really, I enjoy a good discussion, but posts like yours do not amuse me. It really was uncalled for IMO.

9. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I have always enjoyed Nelle's post and would miss her if she left the forums. She is encouraging as well as helpful. I, too, would be a bit insulted if someone told me my page looks bad, especially when I didn't ask for a critique and was trying to help another writer out. How a person's profile page look really doesn't matter. Traffic coming from search engine's aren't going to look at it, they are just going to read the article that they searched for. It makes no difference when it comes to earning money.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I actually took some notes from Nelle's hubs. big_smile  Helpful ones at that!  Thanks Nelle.

10. janni321 profile image60
    janni321posted 14 years ago

Ohh Nelle Please don't go, see how many people like you
    please change your decision. sad

11. getpaidtopost profile image39
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

The reason I posted my view was to help, after seeing nelle on the forums I thought i would take a look at her hubs, so went to her profile page to look, however when i arrived at her profile i took one look and left straight away due to the duplicate images all over the page.

If she wants to have a strop just because someone left a little constructive criticism then let her go.

12. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

This criticism was uncalled for. She did not ask for it, neither she behaved provocatively. If I happened to be in your shoes (and I did - not once, trust me) I would just apologize and move on. Escalating this does not bring any benefit.

I don't always agree to Nelle, but she definitely is very helpful on forums, so everybody will lose if she leaves. And your reputation will suffer, too.

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Plus, I would like to add there is a difference between criticism and constructive criticism...

right you are girly_girl I see constructive criticism as a gesture of good will, criticism i see as mocking. I would never intentionally mock anyone. Unless I was provoked. in which case i would give as good as i get. smile

2. getpaidtopost profile image39

what? every word came across in anger, well that is how i read it, seems others did too.

Maybe its a translation problem I will just put it down to a misunderstanding. Hope Nelle does to.

13. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Nelle's profile looks fine to me and so do her hubs.  Some of my hubs only have my profile picture too, and it is no biggie.  I like your hubs Nelle!

14. BaliMermaid profile image59
    BaliMermaidposted 14 years ago

An easy way to get back links that work is to join, for free, infopirate.org

You can bookmark your Hubs and get adsense revenue at the same time you provide extra traffic and a good backlink that Google approves of. Infopirate also has a blogging feature so you can do both blogging and bookmarking and make adsense money with both.

Some hubbers that belong to infopirate have doubled their revenue and traffic in this way. Notice I am not asking anyone to join infopirate via a referral link, which can be done. I am only providing information on something that really works.

15. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

you can throw some critism at me. That way I can make my hubs better. Thanks. lol

sure sweetie Ill take a look for you.

16. beautyaddict profile image60
    beautyaddictposted 14 years ago

Not caring for unsolicited negative advice that isn't actually even helpful qualifies someone as having serious issues now? Geesh.

The statement that it looked like she was ego-tripping is ridiculous in the first place.

Search engine visitors, if they visit the profile page in the first place (which is probably unlikely if you are delivering what they were searching for in your hub), aren't likely to give a crap that the icon is the same for every hub. I doubt any of them give it a moment's thought.

So your criticism wasn't particularly constructive to anyone who is here to make money. Hub profiles only matter to other hubbers... the least likely source of monetization.

17. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

You are getting rude. I reported your post...

rude i think not, this is sarcasm, nothing more nothing less.

18. N. Ramius profile image72

My thread has become a hotbed for drama. How about when you post for your argument and banter, you add a tip or strategy about back links or on when you should post an RSS feed? And the first person to not be able to post a tip loses this argument which hijacked my thread.

19. getpaidtopost profile image39
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

lol Sorry to take over your post, I am deleting all my posts that offended. I just don't like being kicked in the teeth for helping others. Constructive criticism does not even demand a reply.

about backlinks take a look at my seo for hubs hub and my keyword hub these should help you out.

20. bgpappa profile image79
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

I backlink after the hub has been published a while and the initial "buzz" is over.  I think it maintains the traffic flow over a longer period of time and helps keeping it fresh on Google.

1. beautyrose profile image60
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I still don't know about back links yet. But my to my surprised why do always in a forum start to hurt each other? if a person needs answers or opinion why do there always some commotion as I have noticed from the past until now?

I was curious so I went to see nelle's profile and so far it was good and nothing wrong with her.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)