Is THIS the most horrible website in the world?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

I reckon that this is about the worst website I've ever seen.

It's for Mia, a recording artist.

http://www.miauk.com/

Anyone like to nominate anything worse?

WARNING: DON'T LOOK IF YOU SUFFER FROM EPILEPSY, OR HAVE TO OPERATE MACHINERY IN THE NEXT HOUR.

(I reckon it's a brilliant piece of viral marketing to get publicity  smile )

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow.

This reminds me of a webpage that would've been published in the 80's (if graphical websites were around back then).

2. martinrocks_88 profile image59
      martinrocks_88posted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG! i have never seen such a site in my life....my eyes popped out the moment the page started to load.....

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Holy God...I thought that type of HTML went out with the dinosaurs smile

4. curiozities profile image61
      curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I had to edit that response.  I originally had so many "H's" in there I actually broke the HubPages design!  Looks like i found a glitch.

All that said, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. kmackey32 profile image64
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that hurt my eyes.

6. AsherKade profile image58
      AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG!
      http://ts1.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=959896488368&id=c076ff0a44b3f38764f555190b451c1e&url=http%3a%2f%2fhome.swbell.net%2fmoonshad%2fshocked.gif

7. Haunty profile image73
      Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Results 1 - 10 of about 820 linking to www.miauk.com.

2. k@ri profile image85
    k@riposted 14 years ago

LOL, Eric!  Yes, that one is not the place to go if you suffer from epilepsy!

3. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Do they actually want people to leave lol.  Here is another site that claims to be the worst site in order to demonstrate what "not" to do.

http://www.angelfire.com/super/badwebs/main.htm

1. curiozities profile image61

There's actually a website called "Web Pages That Suck" whose premise is to look at awfully designed web sites to learn how NOT to design a website.  Here is their URL: http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Well, with 30000 backlinks and PR6 she might have the audience that appreciates this king of - umm - glamour smile

5. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Certainly not a site I'd show my wife...who IS epileptic.  Reckon the druggies love it.

6. Christoph Reilly profile image67
    Christoph Reillyposted 14 years ago

Painful.

1. k@ri profile image85
      k@riposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts in a nutshell!  smile

2. anjalichugh profile image68
      anjalichughposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep! It hurt my eyes.

7. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 14 years ago

That site has made tacky into an artform.

8. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

That is, without doubt the worst I have seen!

9. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

http://www.miauk.com/mia-art.html - lol I ventured onto another page (each page has different backgrounds).

You can even download a desktop background for the ultimate MS Paint inspired background! Just like the ones I used to make at age 10 when we got our first computer. Too funny. I bet most of these graphics (parts of them, at least) were designed in Paint.

10. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

This picture collage is interesting in a busy sort of way:

http://www.miauk.com/boys-photos/boys-new-photo.html

11. profile image0
    JuanRose'nRabbitposted 14 years ago

It is like, freeeeaky!  But out'a sight in it's own way!

12. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

I am glad you posted this site over here, otherwise I would have died without even knowing that there is a site that is worse than the first site I made playing with html tags.

13. puppascott profile image68
    puppascottposted 14 years ago

Whoa, dude. I am going to get my 3D glasses.

(The above message is funnier if you imagine Keanu Reeves reading it to you)

14. MBP42 profile image59
    MBP42posted 14 years ago

Why is everyone hanging out at a bad website in the first place? I think I will not even look after reading all these awful comments. ha ha

15. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

Well, it must be working for her.

Her store is Sold Out. roll

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was it Cecil B who said "You will never go broke underestimating the taste of the general public?

16. Rik Ravado profile image87
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

I happen to know Eric is a massive fan of MIA and this is a cunning way of spamming the forums.  By the way Eric, can you get me tickets for MIA's next gig?

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
      Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OK, you got me.
      how many tickets did you want ?? lol

17. Lisa HW profile image60
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Wow.  That IS "mentally disturbing".  A visitor can last about a hundredth of a second on there.

18. gurgel1 profile image61
    gurgel1posted 14 years ago

That is such a stupid website.

19. curiozities profile image61
    curiozitiesposted 14 years ago

Okay, this isn't the wost website, but--shameless plug alert--I created a website I deliberately wanted to be boring.  It's called "The World's Most Boring Website."

1. kmackey32 profile image64
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea thats boring. Good idea though.

1. curiozities profile image61

Heh, heh, that's the point.  Thanks!

20. my-success-guru profile image57
    my-success-guruposted 14 years ago

If nearly every views it then maybe they're a genius!!! LOL

21. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

That's a good place to go if you need to use the "I've got a headache" excuse for anything.

After you've looked at it, you can go to this one to recover.

http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love it!

22. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

The repulsion of others sure gets it a lot of hits, though. I am not even going to look ! big_smilebig_smile

23. curiozities profile image61
    curiozitiesposted 14 years ago

"miauk" is appropriate.  It seems taste and eyesight were "MIA" when that site was designed.

24. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

What was that?????
    OMG, my laptops now being funny. Got a shock too i guess. Hope its not crashing. Thats all i need now. sad

25. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

What in the *&^%% , my goodness that site is to busy, here is the routing click-on click off if only they had a clapper. lollolo big_smile

26. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Would luv 2 write more, but my eyes are still recovering...

27. Beth100 profile image71
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

OMG!!! I think I've been blinded!  My senses have taken a great offense to this!!!

28. Hope Alexander profile image69
    Hope Alexanderposted 14 years ago

It's not for Mia, it is for MIA, a female recording artist of Sri Lankan (Tamil) Descent. She wrote and performed Paper Planes, amongst other songs. She's an amazing artist, and this type of graphic work is typical of her style, though I agree, the site requires shades to visit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6iEe_1k … ature=fvst

If you're curious...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)