Invisibility or Ability to Teleport? Which Would You Choose?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (64 posts)
  1. Angela Harris profile image67
    Angela Harrisposted 16 years ago

After watching a certain unnamed movie, my daughter and I got on the discussion of superpowers. If you had the choice, would you rather be able to A) be able to become invisible whenever you wished? (not stuck being invisible all of the time or B) be able to teleport from place to place as quickly and easily as Samantha from Bewitched?

Personally, I would choose B. Imagine the possibilities! My husband gave this reason for being invisible- so that you could hear what people REALLY thought about you.

1. spooon profile image47
      spooonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Teleport - I won't have to drive anymore and follow people texting in their cars.

Watch the movie jumper. you will understand why.

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Teleportation gets my vote for obvious reasons smile

But I do remember the times when invisibility would have been hands down first - just to be able to spend some time in girls locker room big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

But just remember - that means no more cars big_smile

2. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 16 years agoin reply to this

You would more likely go blind or get hairy palms...so I go for teleportation as I could teleport in and out of the girls locker room and get a quick look and then be on my merry way!

Probably still go blind and get hairy palms, but hey at least I'd travel!

3. Angela Harris profile image67
      Angela Harrisposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Ha Ha of course!

3. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

The fantasy always beats reality smile

Teleportation. When do we get that again?

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
      Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Wouldn't the appropriate answer then be Invisibility.  Teleportation will happen one day.  Haven't some scientists from Stanford or something teleported atoms?  It's only a matter of time before you can go where ever you like, it may be 50 years, but it will happen.

I vote for invisibility.

I meant the fantasy of the girl's locker room LOL - The reality will never live up to the fantasy. smile

And I sure hope teleportation will happen one day.

2. profile image49
        Xerukutaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

they didnt teleport atoms..they duplicated them...lol its retarded..and i think its possible to have mutations in ur dna that can allow u to be invisible..or let u teleport from a place to another..but we need to find the right mutation in the dna to do so..and that will take over hundreds of years or mutations to do that...but who knows..it may have already have happened and the person that has the mutation is being quiet..lol

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

It's just another form of driving tongue

Like when you are on the back seat of the bus maybe. smile

5. Marco_Man profile image58
    Marco_Manposted 16 years ago

I would have to go with invisibility. Your never seen. Yeah it would be great to teleport but Invisibility, you could still travel for free, plane's, train's, automobiles....Just imagine going to Hollywood, sitting next to Al Pacino, or Robin Williams, Robert Deniro....it would be awesome. Countless amounts of illegal oppurtunities.....

Invisibility is my vote.

6. Mark Knowles profile image59

LOL - But they would never know you were there - how much fun would that be? If you could teleport, you could work in London, party in Paris and live in South America.

My point exactly. The possibilities- Wow! No job opportunity be off limits, all worldwide events would be open to you, etc. It would be freaking awesome!

And if you wanted, illegal opportunities would also be plentiful. Go to stores or anywhere else when closed and get anything you want, stay places for free, set people up, my gosh, it goes on and on.

2. Marco_Man profile image58
      Marco_Manposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Them not knowing you were there would be awesome anyway, christ your sitting next to oscar winners....however there's endless possibilites with celeb's, you could always extort one of them...imagine the secrets you would hear.....damnnnn...

Wither which way, if I had either ability, work? screw work? I have a super power...I would pretend but that's it....

7. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 16 years ago

I didn't read the entire forum, but mmmmmaaaaaannnnn! teleport for sure, then I could go to space and sh**.

1. Marco_Man profile image58
      Marco_Manposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Where would you get a space suit? You would be seen stealing one, but if you were invisible, you could just walk right on to the shuttle, and away you go.

8. profile image56
    Eternallyteposted 16 years ago

telaport, simply if you dont want to be seen,poof,your gone,but im wondering now if it has to make noise. if its quite,the you can still silenly go where ever you want to

9. profile image56
    Eternallyteposted 16 years ago

plus if your invisable,how could you fall in love, youd never be seen, youd have to make your self noticed, and puor paint all over yourself,-or-,what if you didnt want to be seen? youd get covered in dirt,your feet would always be dirty,its realy hard to be perfectly silent, blah blah blah.or maybe you cant be touched,youd have to specify. smile

Actually, the original conditions were that you could be invisible at will and reappear whenever you wanted. So this wouldn't be a problem, But it is an interesting argument against invisibility if you had to stay that way.

10. The Indexer profile image82
    The Indexerposted 16 years ago

Harry Potter can do both! Sometimes it is essential that he be under his invisibility cloak, at other times he needs to "apparate", which sounds like another name for teleporting. On the grounds that, at least in the later books, he does more of the latter than the former, it would appear that apparating is a more useful skill.

11. cflynn profile image71
    cflynnposted 16 years ago

teleporting for me. could i zoom from one time line to another and win the lottery or something ??
    easy money that would be nice. De niro can sit on his own.

12. profile image0
    RFoxposted 16 years ago

Seeing as how I'm a travel junkie I vote for teleportation. Sure you could sneak on flights if you were invisible, but then you'd still be stuck on an airplane for hours. Teleporting gets you there instantly. I fantasize about teleporting all the time. Especially when I'm getting ready for an 18 hour flight.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g24/LisaMznutz/Smilies/weee.gif

13. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 16 years ago

I'd choose teleportation, but I'd probably be like Barkley in Star Trek the Next Generation and develop a psychosis against it. smile

14. charlemont profile image76
    charlemontposted 16 years ago

I'd go for teleportation. No traffic jams, no fuel required, no exhausting fumes. Fast, safe, convenient wink

15. Angela Harris profile image67
    Angela Harrisposted 16 years ago

So, it looks like teleporting is kicking invisibility's butt.

1. WeddingConsultant profile image67
      WeddingConsultantposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hey not so fast! My vote is for invisibility!

I think it would be a ton of fun to be invisible.  Thing of the problems it would solve...
      You could spy on countries much more easily...
      You could be a better crime-solver/crime-stopper by being there to actually witness it...
      You could be the bodyguard for someone and be super-incognito!

I mean, the benefits are endless!

16. profile image0
    SirDentposted 16 years ago

Teleporting would be best. It is as good as being invisible, but yet adds more by being able to instantly move from place to place.

What he said. But darkside - don't take too long. We have to decide tomorrow smile

17. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 16 years ago

This is a tough question.

I've seen Jumper and there was a limit to his ability to teleport, he could only jump to places he had either been to before, or that he could see (but not as in see on television or in a photo).

I'm going to have to have a think on this one.

18. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 16 years ago

I asked my wife the question, and she said "teleporting".

So I'll have to go with "invisibility".

We'd kick some serious butt with two super powers in the family.

Otherwise I think I'd have gone with teleporting as well.

As reluctant as that vote was, I'll take it darkside!

So that's pretty much TWO votes for invisibility and EVERYONE else for teleporting?

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
        Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I voted for invisibility way back when this thread was started, so THREE.

19. VioletSun profile image80
    VioletSunposted 16 years ago

I would love to teleport! Oooh, the possibilities would be endless with this super power. smile

20. Mark Knowles profile image59

So when do we get the teleporting then?

I think I'll just buy the word "teleport" for a couple bucks on that website.

http://www.freewebby.com/happy-smilies/24.gif

21. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

I'm special.  I can have both, right?

22. Mark Knowles profile image59

I'd be happy with just teleportation.

Some people are never satisfied. big_smile

23. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

I'm like the Energizer bunny, Mark.

24. WeddingConsultant profile image67
    WeddingConsultantposted 16 years ago

Three, my apologies for missing it!

So now it's three vs. the rest?...

25. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 16 years ago

My kids and I vote for teleporting.  Places to go... people to see...  smile

26. Soya profile image59
    Soyaposted 16 years ago

here goes vote for teleportig again..being completely invsible to others makes you nonexistent in the world..

27. shailini profile image60
    shailiniposted 16 years ago

I guess teleporting - I can be anywhere and everywhere and I can fulfill my childhood dream of "visiting every country in the world" cool

28. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 16 years ago

Teleporting, please.  I don't like driving.

29. DJ Funktual profile image77
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

Invisibility for me.    I'd steal money from bad people and look at naked ladies whenever I want.  Teleportation would change my life too drastically to really be able to conceive.

At least with invisibility you could still have a normal life.

30. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

I'd choose Teleporting, saves on gas prices and you get to be where ever you want when you want smile

1. Stooge profile image69
      Stoogeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

But why do you need to save on gas? You could always hop into your neighbour's car or even drive someone's car without getting caught if you were invisible.

1. Inspirepub profile image72
        Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I need aircraft to get to all the people *I* love - even being invisible, I would still have to survive the 22 hours flying time - without snacks and drinks.

Teleport, definitely!

Jenny

31. quotations profile image88
    quotationsposted 15 years ago

Teleportation is more useful - that way you can go anywhere and get out of the way when you need to get out of a mess. With invisibility, you're liable to just get run over by someone who didn't eben know you were there.

32. Tater2tot profile image59
    Tater2totposted 15 years ago

Well before I saw the movie Jumper, I would have said invisibility. But now I say the ability to teleport. because you could just disappear by going somewhere else. tongue

Tayler!

33. dreamscaper profile image63
    dreamscaperposted 15 years ago

Everybody here wants to have the fantasy of invisibility fulfilled for mostly the voyeur aspect, but we all really probably want the teleportation just for the chance to visit anywhere at anytime with no regard for gasoline prices.

34. profile image0
    jonaitisposted 15 years ago

The best superpower would be super sense, feral instinct, and the ability to heal--i.e., wolverine!!!

35. Edwin Clark profile image62
    Edwin Clarkposted 15 years ago

Wolverine's powers are cool, but can you really take him serious with that hair dew? smile
    Oh, my votes for teleportation.

1. Tater2tot profile image59
      Tater2totposted 15 years agoin reply to this

haha yeah his hair due is too hairy to be taken seriously. big_smile

36. profile image0
    jonaitisposted 15 years ago

yeah his hair IS a little out of control...put his powers are still a great combo.

37. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

I'd go with Teleportation, I've liked that idea ever since seeing "Jumper"

Just think, you'd be able to see everything you wanted to ever see in this world in under one day!

1. Tater2tot profile image59
      Tater2totposted 15 years agoin reply to this

haha  That is what I said! Ever since I saw Jumper! LOL. that was a cool movie.

38. TravelMonkey profile image62
    TravelMonkeyposted 15 years ago

I would be invisible, you will get away with loads more things, but it would depend who else could have the same choice or if anyone else knew you had this power.

39. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

I cannot believe this thread is still going.  It has been like six months already.  smile

Teleport all the way!  nanoo nanoooooooo.

40. John2 profile image58
    John2posted 15 years ago

I would have picked X-Ray Vision had it been one of the choices, but darn! smile

I think I'll go for Teleportation. It seems to be Super-Power-ish, not to mention more lucrative in terms of business.

41. VioletSun profile image80
    VioletSunposted 15 years ago

Came across this article and poll about desired super powers and remembered this thread.   With the choices given in the poll, I chose healing super powers. smile

http://news.aol.com/article/poll-finds- … ers/180502

42. adrainsean profile image41
    adrainseanposted 15 years ago

i dont know why people...are choosing teleport but I see invisibilty as much more advantage...
    Im sure it will do me more good than teleportation...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)