Has there ever been a worse presidential candidate than Mitt Romney?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (126 posts)
  1. mio cid profile image60
    mio cidposted 11 years ago

The man is truly embarrassing,he is incapable of answering a single question on any topic because of the fear of the extreme right  which makes him give nonsensical answers and look like a mumbling fool when asked even the simplest of questions.

1. Billy Hicks profile image80
      Billy Hicksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Walter Mondale has to be on your list somewhere. To quote Dennis Miller:

"Reagan had five hundred ninety-eight electoral votes, Mondale had three. You know, if you think about it, that's only three more than I had; I didn't even run, you know? This guy spent forty million dollars and I almost tied him. Talk about not havin' a date for the prom"

mio cidposted 11 years agoin reply to this

mondale is right up there, he was a terrible candidate but so far romney seems to be even worse, he can't get out of his own way and whenever he receives a political gift where he has a chance to hit a home run he strikes out.

Romney isn't all that bad, he's just caught in a "no win" situation. The RNC is doing their best to tank the Presidential election, and Mitt is caught in the middle.

The next Republican President is going to have to "re-brand" the Republican Party, and believe me, Mitt Romney is not who they want as the new "face of Republicans". Marco Rubio, Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley, these are the ones that the RNC is going to be looking to for the future.

Besides, if President Obama wins in November, the GOP will basically have a fund raising bonanza for the next four years. The President is more valuable to the Republican Party right where he is.

While all of this is going on however, the GOP still has to try and gain some ground in the Senate and hold on to the house. Congress is going to be the interesting election this year in my opinion, not the White House.

I think you are right about the house and senate but as the presidential election nears it will get more exciting.

2. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
          Dr Billy Kiddposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm so glad you brought this up. Romney bungled the opening of the Olympics today by criticizing how his British Hosts were conducting things. Then he compared it to how he ran it in Utah. No less than the Prime Minister, Cameron, came down on Ronmey for being pretentious. Then, the mayor of London fired off next.

So, I must say, I really don't get it. Rommey has a high IQ, was able to beat out Wall Street rip-offs at their own game, but comes across at times as a bungling idiot. Best I can say is that he forgets who his audience is and then cuts loose with what he really thinks.

Mondale or Dukakis--yawn--and Barry Goldwater--"extremism is no vice" were worse than Romney. You have to remember, Mondale was running against Reagan, whose poll numbers were off the charts. Then, the idiot says something like he's gonna raise taxes on everyone in a debate with Reagan. I admit, that's dumber than either candidate this year.

2. undermyhat profile image59
        undermyhatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Miller is like a long winded Mark Twain - so sharp and funny.

2. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are forgetting Barack Obama.
      http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/531644_406341762757521_1884107179_n.jpg

President Obama isn't a "candidate", he's the President.

In 2008, he took zero executive experience, and minimal national political experience, and parlayed that into a successful Presidential campaign. I'm a Republican, and even I will admit that, from a political standpoint, that was impressive.

1. profile image0
          Onusonusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Right. The question was "Has there ever been a worse presidential candidate?"

And Joe"whatever I say tastes just like my foot" Biden.

3. groopy11 profile image61
      groopy11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think your comments are best exemplified by the unit of time known as the "Romney". True, I am using material from Jon Stewart here but can you find me even one topic (other than money and mormonism) that the presidential hopeful hasn't made completely contradictory statements about?
      Granted a lot of this comes with the territory. You are going to contradict yourself at some point in your life and if you look back over the years your opinions have changed, but I personally have never seen anyone so opportunistic that they would compromise their integrity just to say what they think other people want to hear at that particular moment in time.
      I am completely open to be proven wrong and welcome argument but this is my analysis and I'm sticking with it.

4. twosheds1 profile image61
      twosheds1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Depends on your perspective. From the coporate oligarchy's perpective, he's wonderful; he's one of them. Unfortunately, social issues, not economic ones, are the hot button issues, and he's got some trouble with those. But on the economic ones, he and Obama are almost identical.

So I don't think he's the worst. John Kerry was pretty bad (and Romney reminds me of him), Mondale, and let's not forget Dukakis!

5. Mitch Alan profile image79
      Mitch Alanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How about specifics? I hate when generalities are tossed out like they have substance. This is from either side of the isle. What specific questions did he not answer? I'm not saying he did or didn't, but if we are to have real discourse on a topic, then we need to know what we are discussing.

If asked about immigration he can no longer answer as in the primaries he would make life so miserable for illegal aliens that they will self deport, because his percentage of the hispanic vote right now is about twenty percent and declining, which his advisors are telling him is devastating, but he can't walk back and offer any kind of negotiated solution because his base will eat him alive mainly in the talk shows and the teapartiers, so he is left to saying"I like marco rubio and he is hispanic, but offering no coherent answer.on healthcare reform he is stuck with repeating he will  repeal and replace obamacare but he won't say what he will replace it with and most of all he won't say what he will do with the parts that are overwhelmingly popular like the preexisting condition etc. and the reason is if he says he will keep them it will anger the base if he says he will repeal them it will anger the coveted independent/undecided vote.on foreign policy he just says we'll stand by israel but if asked specifics  about his position on what action he would take on any given confrontation he just says i'll consult with the military experts, which is  a cop out a way of saying i got no clue what i would do.china is off his vocabulary now since he said he would be so hard on china and some pretty damning video and declarations surfaced that contradict that .on the economy he can't give a straight answer because in his famous and criticized even by the right fifty nine point plan which is basically lower taxes on the rich, deregulate so  is just a continuation of the bush policies which is not popular among independents that still dislike bushonomicsalso includes some revenue increases and  some mentions of favoring lower and middle class in some instances that are unacceptable for the extreme righties.there are more but these are just a few answers he doesn't give because he is captive of the righties.

1. Mitch Alan profile image79

Actually Romney said, “Yeah.  Well, people who have been continuously insured, let’s say someone’s had a job for a while but insured, then they get real sick and they happen to lose a job, or change jobs, they find, gosh, I’ve got a pre-existing condition, I can’t get insured. I’d say, no, no no. As long as you’ve been continuously insured, you ought to be able to get insurance going forward.  See, you have to take that problem away. You have to make sure the legislation doesn’t allow insurance companies to reject people.”
          And his own site http://www.mittromney.com/issues/immigration speaks strongly against illegal immigration.
          So, I think he will speak his mind...
          You are stating that he can't, for political reasons, speak his mind, but he is...
          And, he is not my first choice, buyt better than Obama.

i think you are proving my point.the question is about the thirty or forty million people who are uninsured , who do not have insurance, he can't answer that so he bamboozles about the people who already have insurance.

No, later in the interview he said that if you did not have insurance and then wait til you get sick to try to get it, that insurance companies (private companies) should not be forced to insure you. To me, that makes perfect sense...otherwise why wouldn't everyone wait til they were sick to pay for insurance.  You can't wait til your house burns or your car crashes to insure those things. We need to think logically here.

1. twosheds1 profile image61

Of course, they would have to somehow prove that your condition existed before you sought insurance, or at least that you were aware of it. I'm in my mid-40s, overweight, and spend more time on Hub Pages than exercising, so it's quite possible I have early stage heart disease. If I was to call an insurance company right now, would they be claim that I had a pre-existing condition? There's a difference between that and calling for insurance between a heart attack and when the ambulance arrives.

Or in my case that I'm healthy now but if i were to buy health insurance for me and my wife in new jersey it would cost us about  1200 dollars per month and we simply can't afford it.that is the reason why we don't have health insurance so really in my case and in the case of most people who don't have health insurance at least here in new jersey it's because  we can't afford it, and in our case the republicans' do nothing policy wouldn't  make it possible for us to get health insurance,and I don't mean free i mean affordable health insurance that a family earning under 100,000 dollars could buy.

I live in Jersey as well. I have insurance because my employer offers it. I had it when I was self employed because I paid a lot to have it. The Conservative (not all Republicans are) answer is not a do nothing as you have stated, but to allow the free-market to truly work. If insurance companies were allowed to compete across State lines like car ins., and there was real tort reform  we would see an immediate drop in costs. Also, if insurance companies could offer more options on plan, more easily, it would lower costs. Offering major medical only and a number of different policies to individuals as well as companies. This is the real answer. By forcing pre-existing, not allowing competion etc, we will only see higher costs and worse care.  If companies are competing for your dollars they will offer more options and better pricing. It works in every other industry, whether it be cars, electronics, food etc...competition, less regulation and real choices are what we need, not government control.

I set up my own business, after resigning from a position that had healthcare. At 50 years old, no company in Oregon would offer me health insurance. I was not sick, I was 50. There were 25,000 other people in Oregon over 50 trying to buy insurance at the time. None could get it.. 13 years later. Obamacare has allowed me to BUY insurnace. This is not a hand out. It's just fairness. At least from my point of view. I know, I've got friends here that I respect who see it differently. There's two sides to every strory. A pre-existing condition was not the issue. In Oregon, the insurance company did not need to give a reason for denial.

1. profile image0
                    JaxsonRaineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And he could have done that without telling me that I have to have insurance, or be penalized. I mean taxed.

2. Mighty Mom profile image78
                    Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Your story is illustrative of the problem and the solution.
                    People who want and are willing to pay for health insurance have been denied insurance.
                    People who work hard but work for themselves, or for a small business.
                    Not poor. Not slackers. Not looking for any handout.

To me, FINALLY being able to get coverage for my family is the heart and soul of Obamacare.

6. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Obama is far worse.  A liar and incompetent.

7. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

YES !  Hillary Clinton of course!  Far , far worse .

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Mitt! Mitt! Mitt!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. big_smile

I understand, not much more to say about the man

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

Personally, I'm not too thrilled with any politician.

you must recognize they make for some good entertainment at times.

I hope there will be some debates. Some of those have been true gems in the past.

you  are right, since boxing died back in the eighties I started watching political matches and some of them are just as good.

2. Billy Hicks profile image80

There are 3 Presidential debates scheduled at the moment (October 3rd, 16th, and 22nd), and one VP debate on October 11th.

Thanks. I wonder which one will put their foot in it first...

I think it's going to depend on the coin toss and who gets to go first. I swear it's depressing, American Presidential Politics has turned into one really bad, really long, sick joke.

I keep hoping that, at some point, Ashton Kutcher is going to run out with a camera crew and tell us that we were just getting punked.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
                    Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We sure have been punked!

3. paradigmsearch profile image60

And there are 2 that I absolutely, positively despise. So as not to start a riot, I won't name them. big_smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image60

My all time favorite.

"Lloyd Bentsen puts down Dan Quayle"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7gpgXNWYI

1. Ron Hawkster profile image60
      Ron Hawksterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

George W Bush made Dan Quayle look like a genius, and I don't mean that as an exaggeration.  At least Quayle could form a coherent setence, even though the poor fella got roasted for an extra e in potatoe.

5. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 11 years ago

I'm a Republican and was forced to vote for Obama last time. I cried a little. I cry more now that he's mandated I have to buy healthcare crap I can't afford rather than fixing the usury that the whole insurance system is, which proves he doesn't get it at all, or that he's just another corrupt piece of system crap, and that the whole system is retarded.

The fact that my party can only come up with this dipsh%t Romney only proves that the U.S. is pretty much done. How many idiot candidates are we going to endure from either side? Are we really that helpless to choose candidates? Can nobody else see that the parties don't exist? These morons are all clones of each other with only the tiniest differences, like "I'm for abortion," or, "I'm for gun control." Are we really that unfathomably stupid and easy to draw off point? It's like the whole political system revolves around whoever can come up with the best 'your mom' joke. Seriously, is that it for us? Is America that f-ing stupid?

Obviously we are, because it just keeps happening.

It's going to take a miracle to save us. We're all so pissed off (and most of us also uneducated, and there's nothing like ignorance to help dumb crap play out fabulously), and the power base is so meticulously laid in outside of "democracy" <cough>perverted joke that it is now<cough>, that there really is very little hope that we can save ourselves. Everyone with real power in America is playing a global game now, so, this puppetry that remains of the great ideal that was the U.S. for two centuries is now just like all the rest of the corrupt quasi-feudal <cough>hegemony<cough> whatever crap that infects the rest of the third-world globe.

Bleh.

1. recommend1 profile image61
      recommend1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You kinda have it somewhere among the rights and wrongs of your justifiable rant.  What you seem to have overlooked is that your candidates from either side will only ever come from a small club of people who have global ambitions and no interest in the US except control of its armed forces and other instruments of power around the world.

They will no more represent the people of the US than they care about them.

Without a new system these few people are going to control everything about you, and everyone else, within the next few years.

1. Shadesbreath profile image76
        Shadesbreathposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's pretty much how I see it too. Way past "in a few years" though. Way underway already.

We're actually so far down the road that Marx's whole point is actually proving itself through what we call "democracy" and totally without needing any reference to that perversion of his point that the Soviets and the Chinese call "communism."

Of course Marx only pointed out how the system works and reasoned how it might be changed - and he has been proven to be mostly correct in every respect - you are referring more to Engels who put it into an 'action plan' and gave birth to communism.  It should also not be forgotten that communism was the way out of total tyranny and slavery for the countries you point to, whether you agree with it or not.

1. Shadesbreath profile image76
            Shadesbreathposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, I agree. "Capitalism" has forced "Communism" on the U.S. We call it "unions" and "social security" and "health care reform" but it's really just a whole lot of sad attempts to keep wealth from collecting at the top of a pile of people who are so greedy they don't even recognize they have so much more than they can ever enjoy and yet they are willing to continue grabbing up more to the point the whole system that put them into their orgasmic state of success is going to collapse. Marx charted this perfectly. It doesn't matter what we call it. We could call it "mayonnaise" or "furblepurgle." It changes nothing.

That's what bothers me, the global ambitions and the up-and-coming invasion of Iran.

Yes the funding of insurgents into Syria to destabilise that country is just preparation for an attack on Iran I suspect.  I guess we won't see the thugs and local gang leaders unless that country collapses like Libya and Iraq.

1. Sawfishlagoon profile image61
            Sawfishlagoonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I suppose China has clean hands. The "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq made their way to Syria when the media broadcast the intent of the USA. This is a fact.

You can't fool all of the people all of the time.

If one wanted to collapse the Iranian government the time was ripe in 2009/10 when the Iranian people were filling the streets and getting killed on YouTube.  I doubt there will be an invasion of Iran while its government's hold on authority is erroding.  I would expect covert actions, money, communication hardware, trained assets all being added to the pro-Western and popular movement toward a liberated Iran.

The difference between Iraq and Iran is that Saddam was easier to topple through arms and Iraq, Afghanistan, the Gulf States and Turkey encircle Iran.  Encirclement  and the internal opposition make Iran look like the Warsaw Pact and the USSR circa 1990.  Time and an active policy by the US will save Iran an invasion - one that would do little more than kill pro-Western Iranians.

2. profile image0
      JimMilesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well said! I couldn't agree more.

3. undermyhat profile image59

Have you learned your lesson?  A poor Republican is better than a poor Democrat.  Not much of an endorsement.

By the way, I have been convinced of our rapidly approaching end for sometime now.  The biggest difference is how soon we arrive.  Are we on the Democrat bullet train or the Republican Hooterville Cannonball.

6. tirelesstraveler profile image59
    tirelesstravelerposted 11 years ago

Would you know a good candidate if you saw one ? If you want one who will give you everything you have already had the perfect candidate. He has said he would give you all you need. He is all talk and no show.   If you re-elect  him the likelihood of another presidential election in 2016 is slim to none.   We will look just like every other country.  But I have met many Americans that know America is different.  Who sends medical teams, rescue teams, money for aid, to the US?  Nobody.  Who sends those teams around the world. America.  Do I think Mitt Romney is splendid, No! But at least we know for certain he meets the specifications for the office. I want to see the president, Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinestine, and Harry Reid's tax returns for the last 10 years.    I actually believe the current President was the best thing that has happened to this country.  It's alive for the first time since 911.

1. Josak profile image59
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Who sends aid to the US well a few countries actually, Venezuela regularly insures that over a million Americans can keep their homes warm in winter through heating oil donations. There are actually quite a few countries that receive less aid than we do.

The estimation of a 2016 election being unlikely is senseless, baseless and pointless fear mongering.

There are people interested in politics for the first time in their lives, and not as Democrats, thanks to Obama.  His catastrophic destruction of the Democrat party continues apace and is a delight to see.  The sad part is the cost of his failure to young black politicians.  Though his Presidential hopes were already over, if Harold Ford were still a viable prospect Obama's failures would cast doubts in the minds of the benighted as to Ford's abilities.

It isn't fair, it isn't reasonable but few things are,

1. wetbaknproud profile image64
        wetbaknproudposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I must remind you that Harold Ford was defeated by  a bigoted campaign portraying him as having some kind of love affair with some blonde bimbo.

1. undermyhat profile image59

Yes and Republican Senatorial Candidate Bob Corker asked the RNC to pull the ad.  Ford also was hung out to dry because he was not liberal enough for the changing Democrat Party.

7. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 11 years ago

Has there ever been a worse presidential candidate than Mitt Romney?  I'm sure there has, and I'm just as sure they probably won also.

1. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

One DID win- in fact, he won TWICE!

Are you referring to W, or Reagan? big_smile

1. gmwilliams profile image83
          gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

W. of course.   The best democracy that MONEY can buy!

8. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

I think if I was a US citizen I'd be particularly concerned, not only about Romney's ineptitude diplomatically, but the way in which he is unashamedly raising donations from dodgy banks which have been involved in the LIBOR scandal. If he becomes President, who will be pulling his strings?

http://www.channel4.com/news/london-cal … pics-visit

9. LaWandaDenise profile image74
    LaWandaDeniseposted 11 years ago

Yes there has been...Herman Cain.

well you're right but i wasn't referring to the primaries , in that case willard wouldn't even make the top ten, i meant the republican candidate after the primaries

10. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

"Has there ever been a worse presidential candidate than Mitt Romney?"

Sure there has - doesn't anybody remember Ross Perot?

Ross Perot was awesome!! The entertainment value he brought to National Politics was great. When Dana Carvey used to play him on SNL, I would have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard ("Don't worry 'bout ol Ross, it's just sand off a beach, I've got 3 billion in the bank back home").

On a serious note, you can thank Ross for Bill Clinton's first term.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
        FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh yeah, no denyin' that Ross was great TV, but could you imagine THAT guy with his finger on "the button?" Yikes. He'd wake up one morning and go "Dangit, I suspect that them pesky Uruguayans is puttin' mercury in my sammiches! Time to drop the Big One!"

Like him or not Limbaugh can be an entertaing observer - he called Perot a "Handgrenade with a bad hair cut."

11. Sawfishlagoon profile image61
    Sawfishlagoonposted 11 years ago

Does Lyndon Larouche count?

no not really. besides larouche is very successful at what he does which is get the larouchies to send him fifty dollars a month every month which adds up to about  five million dollars per year.

12. Xenonlit profile image58
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

Perhaps It is not that there has ever been a worse candidate, but that Romney is the worst candidate for this country right now.

He can't even go to the UK, without offending his hosts before he even gets through customs. He's a train wreck and an offense to his nation every week of his life.

1. Sawfishlagoon profile image61
      Sawfishlagoonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

At least he didn't try to give the Queen a back rub or bring her an iPod. It seems there is a train of train wrecks.

Wait till Mitt puts on a Yarmulke at the Wailing Wall and starts talking about Jesus being a good Christian.

Mitt doesn't get customs and does not undertand the crowd he is addressing. But he'll sure make a great downsizer-in-chief. Good bye Medicare. I'm waiting for my voucher already.

13. ftclick profile image56
    ftclickposted 11 years ago

VP Palin & McCain in that order.

14. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 11 years ago

Well Mitt and Boris (Mayor of London) seem not to have taken to one another and it looks like even Call Me Dave has waded in with a few snide comments.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … c-odd.html

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timst … d-america/

It takes talent to get every single British journalist and politician offside in only a couple of days, it even took Bush longer than that.

But Tony Blair is looking for a comeback to mainstream politics, so if we could cook up an American birth certificate for him we would be more than willing to ship over to you at a knock down price?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We'd ship him over to them for absolute peanuts. lol

15. mio cid profile image60
    mio cidposted 11 years ago

And the repercussions about his MI 6 blunder will go on through the rest of the campaign, as  an example of moronic foreign relations

16. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 11 years ago

I am looking forward to the debates.  They should be entertaining.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFJZwAInL5ZppU0dTGvJBvnaY4FOy-_HeneqkdEfkuMlSLLccmJg

http://llwproductions.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/mitt-romney-etch-a-sketch-funny-photo-with-caption-awkward-moment.jpg

I have no doubt the debates will achieve big audiences , although he seemed to have gotten pretty good at it by the end of the primaries thanks to gingrich mainly,and what sounded fine in  the context of a group of candidates trying to out right each other  might not sound so good when addressing the whole country that is in it's majority moderately right but not extreme right wing loons, as the teapartiers or the talking head  followers and dittoheads. so i guess we'll have to wait eagerly for those games to begin , i hope we have at least four or five of them.

17. Wizard Of Whimsy profile image59
    Wizard Of Whimsyposted 11 years ago

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/306473_265205700254874_1243871195_n.jpg

i  would vote this as best comment!!!!!!

18. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

Ah, come on guys, you know that Mittens is a ....

https://p.twimg.com/AyhbTeTCAAAlSFb.jpg

19. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 11 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6963326_f248.jpg

1. Governmental take over of private industry?
      2. We have less of a world presence militarily?
      3. Abortion is preventative?
      4. Governmental control over private industry?
      5. Most have failed and taken tax payers money with them...if there is a market (and there is) it will be supported by businesses who can profit and citizens who CHOOSE to purchase it.
      6. Agreed we should scrap NCLB, but why is this a federal issue, should be local and State issues that are decided by parents...as to, college aid, why federal issue?
      7. Define "fair share"...the lower 50% of wage earners pay little to no net federal taxes...the top 50% pay 90% of the federal taxes.
      8. He campaigned and sought the job...and net jobs are one million less when you look at the real numbers...labor participation is WAY down. And, it's been almost 4 years, not a day...and the Titanic sunk, so where are you going with that analogy... smile

While we don't usually agree, I do enjoy the debate.

2. Wizard Of Whimsy profile image59
      Wizard Of Whimsyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's really hard to read, Ralph.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry. You can "biggerize" it using the Cntrl key and the + key.

"biggerize" - that I will be stealing.

20. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 11 years ago

The stupider, the better! Bush was made with the same ingredients, wasn't he?

1. rhamson profile image72
      rhamsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The GOP is looking to get another figurehead in place much as they did with "W". A mindless egomaniac is all they need to complete the corporate domination they seek. When Romney makes a statement his big mouth has already been on the opposite end of the issue in the past. Flip Flopper is something that is coming with regards to his credibility and how about that historic trip to Europe and Israel? I guess he showed them what foreign policy will look like under his watch.

To be fair, though, the Dems are corporate stooges too. Look at the stuff that passes Congress with bipartisan support. It's always stuff that benefits the coroporate oligarchy.

I did not mean to pick on the GOP but I was keeping in line with the thread. I agree absolutely that this government is bought and paid for on both sides of the isle. The wall street rapists that trashed the economy in 2007 were never brought to account for their greedy glutinous spree of gambling leaving the economy in shambles. Obama half heartedly went and passed some ridiculous legislation that couldn't even keep banks like Morgan/Chase from continuing in their greedy ways.

As long as we argue over the idiology of the party platforms and other made up issues and not concentrate on the big issue which is the money that runs the country we will be left with more and more catastrophies while the perpetrators walk away scott free.

21. kathleenkat profile image82
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

Ugh, for the first time in my life I literally have no idea who to vote for.

I voted Obama last time simply because Sarah Palin was a greaaaaaaaat representation of (uh oh, what was his name again? McCann? They're all the same to me after the years go by)'s judgement in making choices.

But now, both candidates seem to be making a mochary of the US. Did anyone else notice your healthcare premiums going up after the 'Affordable' Care Act? Now that we all have to pay for Jane Doe's pap smear, we our rates go up. Wooooohoooo. Affordable, my ass!

And Romney? As soon as I saw an ad with him saying something along the lines of "if gays can get married, prayer should be done in schools" I about laughed out of my a-hole, because I was under the impression that America was formed on the premise of church and state being separate and independent from eachother? Yay, public state-sponsored schools making our children pray!

Seriously, who is the lesser of two evils here? I figure, my kids can either pray in school, or we can keep having these social "Acts" (like Student Loan Forgiveness? Whose gonna want to pay for someone else's college?) forced upon us and our tax dollars. Wooooohooooo! It's the same ol' bullcrap all over again!

I will not only vote for Obama but I will work to add a few more votes to mine, for the democratic candidate, but if you have irreconcilable  difference with both candidates maybe you should check out Gary Johnson.

Yo tambien, companero.

funny you would use that word, you know more than i thought perhaps?

I noticed that you came from Ecuador and assumed you speak Spanish. My family lived in Bogota for several years, and I learned a little Spanish.

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90

Yo tambiem creo que Ralph entientdes mas de algos personas creer!

2. mio cid profile image60

well i didn't come from ecuador I'm from uruguay but  it caught my attention that you would use that word because in certain countries it has sort of a political connotation .

2. kathleenkat profile image82
        kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're not trying very hard. Here here, tell me why you will vote for Obama? I might, simply because he is the lesser of two evils.

I have many reasons , but there is one reason that  on it's one is enough for me to vote for Obama and it is the fact that I'm a wetback, and the republican party's current position on immigration reform is to either put them all on a boat and ship them out or make their life so miserable that they will self deport, meanwhile obama issued the order to stop deporting people brought  illegally by their parents  sort of a mini amnesty which is not enough but is a step in the right direction from my point of view of course.

1. kathleenkat profile image82
            kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Correct me if I am mistaken, but illegal immigrants can't vote. Really, you have to be an American citizen to have a say in American votes.

*Edit: Though to add, I do believe those brought by illegally by their parents should be shown amnesty.

I am now an american citizen, but I was once an illegal alien, I know  by personal experience the plight of the illegal alien, and I am the same person today,that i was when i was illegal, so i feel I have the moral obligation  to stand up and speak out in favor of those with no voice, the weakest  in our society, those who whether it is known or not have very few rights, the illegal aliens,and i do it proudly and openly, because I'm not another person today because i'm a US citizen, I'm a wetback.

22. Xenonlit profile image58
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

There not only has never been a worse candidate than Mitt Romney, there have never been so many rotten voters to vote for him!

23. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 11 years ago

From the NYTimes forum today;
        Eugene Gorrin
        Union, NJ

POLITICO ran an article today about Republican mega-donors. Here is the link to the website: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79413.html

The "rogue's gallery" includes:

Sheldon & Miriam Adelson: $36.3 million total contributions

Harold & Annette Simmons: $15.8 million total contributions

Bob & Doylene Perry: $12.8 million total contributions

Peter Thiel: $3.8 million total contributions

John & Marlen Childs; $2.8 million total contributions

Foster & Lynette Friess: $2.8 million total contributions

Jerrold & Margaret Perenchio: $2.7 million total contributions

William & Kay Dore: $ 2.3 million total contributions

Kenneth & Anne Griffin: $2.3 million total contributions

Robert & Diana Mercer: $2 million total contributions

Jon & Karen Huntsman: $2.2 million total contributions

Paul Singer: $2.1 million total contributions

Joseph W. Craft III: $1.9 million total contributions

John Ramsey: $1.9 million total contributions

Philip H. Geier Jr.: $1.5 million total contributions

America, meet your oligarchy!

And let's not forget the Koch brothers.

24. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

One - if not for the internet manipulation  of Howard Dean , DNC, Obama - would not be president ! Two , He was  comepletely un- vetted- meaning no usable political experience . Three - he has  nor had absolutely NO  bussiness experience what so ever ..............and here's the thing , liberals practically  ejaculated at the chance to dance to the music of  political correctness .   A black man with a perfect smile and a good game of basketball  , Come on people  ........stop buying into the "bubble gum" cool -aid  music of the left . THINK ! decide for yourself ........can you handle it ?  Thats the real question .

That is your opinion, but the majority of the american people did not agree with you in 2008 and only time will tell if they will agree with you in 2012 or not, I will work very hard so that us the stupid working people  again defeat in  the upcoming election the smart and politically aware right wing nuts that want to defeat, the unions , the working class,  the immigrants, the minorities , the poor so that  millionaires ,billionaires and corporations can keep becoming richer in detriment of the poor the working class and the country.

25. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

There you go again , see ! Chewing on the bubble gum and drink the cool-aid of leftist rhetoric!  Please , please if for no other reason ,   learn to think .......for yourself ! I don't care , at this point who wins , we are doing the same insane thing over and over and over !  Electing the same mindless empty politicians with no real sense of  a normal life  to lead us out of the  fog!  Nothing is going to ever change if we don't stop driveling the same nonsense ,  And" clean up our house ", My vote ?........remove all incumbants and start over untill someone "gets it " !

I agree with you on all accounts but what will it take for the electorate to put aside their polarized views and think outside the box. Money is the corruption and it feeds the misdirection, lies and rhetoric, that is what is crucial to the current political machines for success. Cut the money life line and give all candidates an equal presentation and soon you will see a leader emerge that is focussed on the issues and not the peripheral attacks to defray the facts.

26. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

Wow. Remember when Mitt Romney seemed like the worst presidential candidate ever?

Good times, good times.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)