Writing Challenge

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (75 posts)
  1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 7 years ago

In the process of challenging myself to make stories out of near nothing, or a stray, idle thought, I came up with this idea.  In my mind, an entire description is fleshed out, but my challenge is to see what each of you will make of just the opening line.

You can post a simple sentence or two here, or you can run with it and make it into a short story or a flash fiction piece.  (Be sure to hand over the link if you choose that option! wink

"She looked across the parking lot, and saw him instantly.  Her heart skipped a beat as she wondered, "Is this the person I'm supposed to see?"

Okay--your turn!  Run with it!  lol

1. kenneth avery profile image79
      kenneth averyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Somehow," she said underneath her chilly breath. "standing out in a parking lot on the rough side of town and the temperature is at zero is not my idea of being romantic," she said stomping her feet and clapping her hands to get her circulation moving.

Okay---your turn! Run with it smile

DzyMsLizzyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Good job!  wink

2. always exploring profile image76
      always exploringposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ashland had lived in this little, one horse town all of her twenty-one years and was dreaming of going to the big city to see the bright lights. She had reached her car in the parking lot when she looked across the lot. She'd never seen him before. He was dressed in Western attire and had a long ponytail. There was definitely something about him that piqued her interest, but like always, she was playing it safe and turned around. She unlocked her car door, then suddenly turned back to take one more look.........

Thanks, always exploring,

Nicely done.  (I would almost continue that as "...and no one was there." Bringing in a ghostly theme) wink

But suddenly, Ashland, a strong-willed, empowered woman who knew no limits to her wisdom, froze as the gentle breezes started blowing gusts against the car causing to shake back and forth.
          "Now what?" she protested.
          But her protests were in vain. Then the steering wheel began to turn back and forth as if a driver were driving away during a bank heist. Now the strong-willed Ashland was really scared--for the first time since her husband had met with a mysterious demise while cutting logs on a tract of timber owned by her dad's best friend, Collin Hayes.
          "Well if that does not beat everything," Ashland screamed.
          Then she . . .
          (Okay. Now take it away . . .)

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
            Venkatachari Mposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Then she withdrew her feet from the car and began running haphazardly in a panicked condition to seek some safe place where she could find people moving around.

2. always exploring profile image76

She slipped on a piece of ice, falling into the arms of the stranger. Their eyes' met and she felt warm and safe, feeling as if she'd found a long, lost friend, but had she?

Ashland's silent question would come back time and time again in the next 45 hours as she and the warm stranger walked cautiously in the gusts of wind that almost took them to flight.

3. Carolyn M Fields profile image89
      Carolyn M Fieldsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"She looked across the parking lot, and saw him instantly.  Her heart skipped a beat as she wondered, "Is this the person I'm supposed to see?"

For days she had been trying to visualize the perfect lover. She had sent her request to the Universe, and was waiting for a response. Now that she saw him face to face, she questioned her resolve accept what she was seeing. He was exactly what she was looking for:  a kind face, with eyes that lit up when he smiled in her direction; tall, lean, and about her same age.  She smiled at him, and waited.

was Ashland in limbo concerning making the crucial decision to built a relationship with the man who the Universe dispatched to her?
        Never in her fast-paced life had she faced such a burden.
        But just as the stress of the moment began to build . . .

1. always exploring profile image76

It became clear. God had answered her nightly prayer. The more she looked at him, the more he reminded her of her father, whom she'd loved dearly. He died when she had just started school. Her mother had remarried a man totally different and she never completely trusted him. Could this be a sign that her father had always been near?

(Wow! always exploring)
            Although Ashland was not a religious young woman, she did believe in God for her grandfather, Jonas Kirkpatrick, an outdoorsman and lover of nature, had taught her early on that "things" were made by God and that included humanity.
            Her memory of Jonas invaded her suspicious mind and she wept.
            Now Ashland had to make what was to be THE most serious decision of her life . . .

Wow! Kenneth! Was she going to trust her feeling's or was she going to do what she'd always done, rely on her down-to-earth judgment. She looked more closely at him and realized he was just a mortal man looking for a pick-up. She opened her mouth to speak when he placed his gloved hand over her mouth.

(always exploring: the text you have above is a PERFECT introduction to the continuance of the story.)
                Although Ashland's senses told her in perfect clarity that her life was in serious danger, she also felt a twinge of excitement. At no time in her life had anyone, man or beast, taken charge of her without asking for her permission.
                Her speech was chattered as she tried to get the man's attention.
                "Hey, you! Who do you thin you are, taking me off the sidewalk as if I were a cotton bale?"
                But the dark-natured, statuesque man just smiled as he walked further and further into the darkness with Ashland under his right arm.
                Then as if he were under a magic spell . . .

(you take it)

Ashland fought like a tiger, she kicked him in the groin, he fell cursing and screaming, " I'll get you, running only makes me more excited! " She refused to look back, running like the wind with her eye's darting frantically for someone, anyone to come to her aid. She could tell he was gaining on her. His footsteps were growing louder, and she was beginning to tire.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
                    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

As she reached the side of the shopping mall, darkness enveloped her but she kept running until she was jarred to a stop by a vicelike grip around her middle. She fought, heels and fists flying, but the invisible attacker held her firm.
                    At the same moment, a bright light dazzled her eyes.

"You caught the hoodlum, officer?" a voice behind the torch said.

"I don't think this is the one you're looking for, sir," replied her captor in a deep baritone voice.   She twisted in his grip, looking up into the bluest eyes she had ever seen.

4. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

She looked across the parking lot and saw him instantly. Her heart skipped a beat as she wondered, "Is this the person I'm supposed to see?" Remembering what her always mysterious, stealthy agency contact said her steps slowed with caution. Not expecting to see the informant this soon suspicion crept into her thoughts.

Her assignment was for her and partner Todd to meet him downtown and take him to a safe house in San Diego. The drive from Los Angeles would give opportunity to learn his nature while gain his trust. The first priority was his protection because of the information buried in the recess of his mind. It was a matter of national security. She knew he was given their pictures giving him an advantage. She was told he had experience evading and remaining hidden within the twists and turns of street life. She now wished Todd was with her.

He . . .

1. bluesradio profile image59
        bluesradioposted 7 years agoin reply to this

She looked across the parking lot and saw him instantly. Her heart skipped a beat as she wondered, "Is this the person I'm supposed to see?" Remembering what her always mysterious, stealthy agency contact said her steps slowed with caution. Not expecting to see the informant this soon suspicion crept into her thoughts.

Her assignment was for her and partner Todd to meet him downtown and take him to a safe house in San Diego. The drive from Los Angeles would give opportunity to learn his nature while gain his trust. The first priority was his protection because of the information buried in the recess of his mind. It was a matter of national security. She knew he was given their pictures giving him an advantage. She was told he had experience evading and remaining hidden within the twists and turns of street life. She now wished Todd was with her.

He had to deal with these types of informants before in the last administration, and also during their tour of duty in Istanbul.   It was through him that she had learned that she had the ability to manipulate our informants in ways that others did not....He had told her ancient secrets and more thorough means of extracting information...One of her favorites had been.......

5. Araaz profile image60
      Araazposted 7 years agoin reply to this

She looked across the parking lot and saw him instantly.
      Her heart skipped a beat as she wondered,
      "Is this the person I am supposed to see?"
      He stared at her too with a raised eyebrow
      That forced her say "Hello'
      The conversation began like a lovely tale
      And she realized it made her pale
      He revealed  he already had a wife
      The girl died a little inside
      and bade him Goodbye..

haha

6. Natalie Frank profile image90
      Natalie Frankposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Here's the link to my response. It turned into an entire flash fiction piece!  I didn't intend to write that much but I was trapped on the subway and the idea flowed.  Thanks for the challenge!

http://hubpages.com/literature/Destiny- … ng-Prompt/

@ smile Natalie, DzyMsLizzy, GREAT work! I applaud you!

1. Natalie Frank profile image90
          Natalie Frankposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Kenneth.  I appreciate the kind remarks.  It was really fun to do.  I'm hoping there will be more challenges in the future!  I may even think up one myself!  Take care.

@smile Natalie, DzyMsLizzy, bluesradio, Marisa Wright and more . . .personally speaking, I truly enjoyed the adventures of Ashland and Angel. Truly, someone needs to put this into a hub (hint! Natalie) and let the entire membership of HP see how two empowered, enabled females, errrr, persons can handle pressure and adversity.

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
              Jean Bakulaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That was so great! What a fun thing to do and good idea!

@smile Jean, this WAS a lot of fun. I think that we should have one of these each month and let a random hubber start a story and so on and on.
                What do you think?
                Love you!

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

(How interesting that you all have turned this into more of a round-robin collaborative story, instead of each alone.  What fun!)

3. bluesradio profile image59
    bluesradioposted 7 years ago

(Wow, Marisa! smile )
    It was at that moment of moments, that Ashland's spirit soared with small wings. She was feeling what her girlfriends back as far as high school would tell her on Mondays about their weekend with their boyfriends.
    Ashland was unable to move. Her eyes just stuck to the blue eyes that this man had and she wondered about her faith in (a) God who would make such beauty in a male such as he was.
    Ashland even questioned her attraction to a few other girls who had attended college with her--but now, her entire life was as if it were on a carousel turning around for all to see.
    Then as light shattered the darkness, Ashland saw in the distance . . .

The Man she had been longing for over a decade...They had a fight years ago, and she thought that there path would never meet again, and she wondered if they could ever forgive each other and forget the past that they had created.....She had been through so much over the last several days, and now this would add to the future that she wanted to create...Did she dare to bring this man from the past into her current situation...she paused and decided to........

4. profile image0
    Rajendraniroy123posted 7 years ago

She was confused that whether this was the person whom she was supposed to see..the man was handsome ,muscular, looks marvellous in all aspects... is he the guy with whom she chatted on the social networking site... is he the one with whom she have shared so much talked so much to her heart's content.... "should i go talk to him? We have decided to meet here... he is searching for me ...should i?" Her heart spoke but her mind said "i should go home...i am not good enough for him"....

Especially after that tumultous attack that I had survived....Would he be willing to put up with what some considered damaged goods...When they were lovers in the past, both had been so carefree and enjoyed the company of each other and the two pets they shared, but then suddenly he had left for that job in New York City and she had stayed in Atlanta and now she wanted to know ......

where the document was that she had delivered to her handler only a year or so after her debriefing from undercover back to sleeper agent.
        Those who knew Ashland well, all agreed that she was not one to worry about  even the most-severe of events and even those who might pose a threat to her life.
        But this time was an abstract difference. The man who was playing the role of a captor had her almost helpless with fear and anxiety. Her mind was whirring like an ancient machine turning out solutions and ideas, but she relied on her training to cover her weak feelings with a very strong female face of defiance.
        For her size, Ashland was not what one would call athletic, but could easily take care of herself. The stories of her not backing down to schoolyard bullies and workplace jerks were legendary among her close allies.
        But now . . .

She realized that despite knowing several different forms of martial arts, that it would not be through our deceptive strength that she would win this battle of wits..She would have to use some serious psychological warfare...
          Fortunately she had been in a relationship where she had been taught some of the wonders of how to do this...She never thought some of the mental and emotional games that she had played with Adam in their relationship would come in handy in this type of spy game.....
          How should she lure him into the trap she had planned......

Ashland remembered what Dr. Tempin King, her mentor told her when she graduated from his underground "college" that made Harvard and Yale look remedial.
            "When you are as intelligent as your enemy, you are going to lose. You have to be MORE  intelligent than the foe each time you step into battle and winning is not always the prize."
            But what was the prize? Ashland's mind now settled and trying to focus on how she might slow down this dark, stately man who had her trapped like a hungry wolf in the Pacific Northwest.
            Then she recalled Ling Teu, her Ninja teacher when she was 16. What a great time to remember . . .

5. Jasperessentials profile image66
    Jasperessentialsposted 7 years ago

She looked across the parking lot and saw him instantly. Her heart skipped a beat as she wondered, "Is this the person I'm supposed to see?" No, so she told him go away, flips her middle finger, shots the door and drove off.

. . .but she had not went a quarter of a mile when a fearful feeling came over here and an overwhelming presence appeared in her classic, mint-condition Jaguar XKE.
      "What is this?" she screamed bringing her car to a stop. "I am an educated young woman. I am not supposed to feel such things."
      "Ahhh, but little turtle, you know well that when you were only a baby, "I" had my hand on you and your pathway in life."
      "Who? Who are you?" she said trembling unable to make her foot hit the accelerator.
      "I am he who is the one you are seeking at this juncture of your life. I know your inner secrets, Ashland and I am only here for a brief time to teach you THE FINAL lesson, as our forefathers in Tibet learned and survived for hundreds of years," the glowing presence explained.
      Ashland was beginning to settle down when . . .

6. bluesradio profile image59
    bluesradioposted 7 years ago

She never been to Tibet a day in her life, unless this had occurred in another life...was it possible that this was all a nightmare, and not even reality...She knew she had a mission, but she was beginning to doubt her own sanity...
    After her last assignment, she had been so confused she had spent a week in the mental hospital and now she was having a hard time knowing the difference between reality and fact...
    Had she actually lived in Chapel Hill at a point, had she ever attended Duke, or was this all something she only dreamt.......Reality was fading, and she needed to....

simply relax. Even this heroine with all of her mental and physical gifts need to relax to allow her body to recharge. She giggled to herself for this series of thoughts was one of the things that her mentor from Peking, Master Ming Jo emphasized more than just the gifts of excelled martial arts.
      "Look at me," she said softly. "I have been running around like a crazed alligator and not getting things done."
      And relaxing was what Ashland needed. Her razor-sharp mind started to inspect her captor who was now breathing hard and his grip was beginning to weaken proving to her ultra-sharp sense of observation that he was a human being--with all of the weaknesses humans possess.
      "Hey, friend, why don't you stop and take a drink of this ice-cold pure water?" she asked very convincingly as she reached underneath her long coat to retrieve a canteen of water that her friend, Michael Leigh, a graduate student from UCLA, had sent her from the old part of Tokyo.
      Suddenly, Ashland's captor stopped and . . .

Thought to himself why am I torturing this woman, and how many others has she seduced that way.....What other tricks does she have under her sleeves....
        Is that real water I am giving her, or is it drugged...shucks I forget myself...what should I do....

and after a minute, Ashland's captor slowly put her down on the sidewalk and stood before her and unmasked himself.
          Ashland exploded in volcanic explosive cries, "it's you! It's Dr. Wongg, my Master Instructor, uhh, why?" she cried while embracing him in a warm, loving way.
          "I had to see for myself just how you had taken to the Oriental Underground Mental Training of The Sages and miss Ashland, your skills are as sure as that of a butterfly's wings in being built for each challenge that is  before you."
          "But this fake capture, why?" Ashland asked.
          "child, this was the only way to get your true reaction. If I had warned you that a captor was waiting, your preparation might have prevented me from seeing the REAL Ashland. You have successfully passed my final exam, my child. Now forgive my hasty retreat, but I have students in Tokyo's Dark Cavern Area that need my help," he said as he slowly vanished.
          Ashland stood stunned and surprised as tears ran down her face.
          "Just imagine. That might have been a real attack. It will pay me to be better prepared," she said walking briskly back to her car.
          Ashland did not and could not perceive the future as her master had showed her so as she walked, another dark figure is silently walking in the shadows behind her.
          "Is someone there?" Ashland shouted.
          Then as she laughed to herself at being so worried . . .

That a true attacker would come out of the woods after she had passed her tests....But, she was always on her guard...Her friends had even told her that she was suspicious of everyone. When they went to a Italian restaurant, she would think that the waiter was after her and once in a nightclub, she had thought that the DJ was a former Soviet spy who had learned modern music and was now using this as his new cover..
            Ironically, she later learned that she was not a Soviet Spy, but was instead a spy for Cuba and had been with Castro during the fall of the old regime....She had taught her both about modern music and the wonders of what had happened in the past....
            But that was a past memory....She heard someone calling her name, and just as she turned around, she realized that she was not where she thought she had come from, but was instead in...

sight of the extremely-shrewd and sly shadows put forth by an evil spy that was able to (attempt) to confuse the wily Adhland Davenport, talented female agent for the United Nations Level 0 Investigations Team and until now she had only heard tales about "shadow" from beaten agents trying to forget their troubles by hiding in a double Scotch and soda.
              Ashland had yet to reach her full potential as an investigator, but had accomplished a lot more of her field work, including this past test given my her old friend and mentor from the Orient.
              But she had no time for personal gratification. It was time for her to get into full field agent mode and get in contact with her best friend, "Angel Debeaux," who had grown up in Baton Rouge and once before Ashland rescued her from a team of Voodoo terrorists, Angel was a girl who's life had to direction or purpose.
              It would be like old times seeing Angel again.
              Ashland let out a sigh of relief and stepped harder on the accelerator. The wind breezing through her hair was in itself a mild treat, but soon she would encounter . . .

her one greatest fear, the man she knew had beat her the last time they had been involved in an espionage plot and ironically the man who had also married her friend from Louisiana...she had never trusted Otto...During the day, he was an established Zydeco player who had performed with Clifton Chenier, Buddy Guy, and who had told her the one truth that she was not prepared to deal with..Apparently James Brown, Prince, and even her favorite Koko Taylor had all secretly been agents of the U.S. Government.....
                Now, she was about to go and see a concert that she was sure was really a ploy to have several of the top agents of the Spy Group called ........

Allied Underground Network of Phantom Faces, a group so trained and specialized that the C.I.A. uses them to do work that even the agents assigned to Black Ops won't take. Ashland found herself excited and yet that old familiar dread inside of her spirit when she would meet Otto and Angel to get more information and hopefully, she would not have to reveal anything about her (or Angel's) background for Otto was on The List a highly-secret list of mortals who cannot be trusted with such delicate and precision work as what Angel and Ashland were capable of doing.
                  Ashland's Jaguar XKE hummed on the interstate going into Baton Rouge. Ashland sipped her coal black coffee to calm her excitement for she did not want to meet her friends with one sign of fear.
                  And old song started on her Classic Rock (front) station that her group built years ago to send messages to their field agents on the highest level of security.
                  "Dust in The Wind," Ashland whispered as her gorgeous jade eyes twinkled and just as she began to sing along with the first verse . . .

She became aware of a constant humming, thrumming, droning sound coming from behind her.  At first, she put it off to road noise, then, worried that something was wrong with her car.
                    But, what it finally turned out to be was far worse than she could have imagined:  in her side mirror, she saw that she was being tailed by a black-ops Blackhawk helicopter!
                    "What on Earth..???" she wondered, and had a momentary panic as she decided her best course of action to take.  Take the first exit she came to, and pretend to be on an innocent errand?  Proceed to her assigned destination, and hope the 'tail' was just making sure she did just that? 
                    She decided to take the next rest stop exit, for surely needing to stop for a nature call would seem innocent enough.  Then she would know...

7. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

(Hee-hee-hee--maybe we ought to collect the contributions and publish a novel! lol )

@DzyMsLizzy, go for it, girl!

2. kenneth avery profile image79

@DzyMsLizzy, one more thing: DO NOT kill off Ashland and Angel.

3. kenneth avery profile image79

@DzyMsLizzy,
      If you got the time, we got the fear . . .LOL!

8. kenneth avery profile image79
    kenneth averyposted 7 years ago

@bluesradio . . .
    what new weapons his underground network of Phantom Recon Agents were using. The reason for her wonder was not because her Mental Laser Ring was not effective, it was due to her going to be undercover and she wanted a weapon that was both lethal and sensitive if need me and not be seen on her body if she were trapped and ran through a sensor to detect a wire or transmitting devices.
    When Rodriguez met Ashland they embraced because of their deep trust for each other and that Ashland was still dating his son, Juan, who was the assistant to Hacksaw in the Western Sector of PRA when he (Rodriguez) was undercover himself.
    "You are looking very pretty," Hacksaw said in his gentlemanly tone.
    "Thank you, Saw," Ashland said almost blushing. She knew that Juan had inherited his dad's charm for his smooth tone of voice.
    "I need a favor and I need it now," Ashland said hurriedly.
    "Would you be needing one of our new "recipes?" he asked winking.
    Ashland caught the code instantly. Recipes was a code for new weapons.
    "You bet. I want the one that makes chocolate pudding fast--you know, for social parties," Ashland explained back in code.
    Both superior agents retired to Hacksaw's classic and totally-redesigned 1966 Corvette that was loaded with all "the bells and whistles" including a new formula developed by PRA that was more stealth and fast than nitrous.
    "Wow, this thing is moving at the speed of sound," Ashland squealed clutching her seatbelt tightly.
    "Almost," Hacksaw replied while winking and then lighting one of his finest Cuban cigars.
    In mere seconds the two agents were at the Inner Gate of PRA Headquarters in its secret location.
    Hacksaw turned off the car engine and Ashland jumped out and took a perimeter stance.
    "All clear, babe," Hacksaw growled and Ashland walked toward him to enter this most secret of places.
    Things were going smooth. A bit too smooth.
    "Nice to join me, suckers!" a deep, manly voice bellowed from inside PRA Headquarters.
    "Saw, you know who that sounds like?" Ashland said frightened.
    "Sure do. And you have been . . . .

what new weapons his underground network of Phantom Recon Agents were using. The reason for her wonder was not because her Mental Laser Ring was not effective, it was due to her going to be undercover and she wanted a weapon that was both lethal and sensitive if need me and not be seen on her body if she were trapped and ran through a sensor to detect a wire or transmitting devices.
      When Rodriguez met Ashland they embraced because of their deep trust for each other and that Ashland was still dating his son, Juan, who was the assistant to Hacksaw in the Western Sector of PRA when he (Rodriguez) was undercover himself.
      "You are looking very pretty," Hacksaw said in his gentlemanly tone.
      "Thank you, Saw," Ashland said almost blushing. She knew that Juan had inherited his dad's charm for his smooth tone of voice.
      "I need a favor and I need it now," Ashland said hurriedly.
      "Would you be needing one of our new "recipes?" he asked winking.
      Ashland caught the code instantly. Recipes was a code for new weapons.
      "You bet. I want the one that makes chocolate pudding fast--you know, for social parties," Ashland explained back in code.
      Both superior agents retired to Hacksaw's classic and totally-redesigned 1966 Corvette that was loaded with all "the bells and whistles" including a new formula developed by PRA that was more stealth and fast than nitrous.
      "Wow, this thing is moving at the speed of sound," Ashland squealed clutching her seatbelt tightly.
      "Almost," Hacksaw replied while winking and then lighting one of his finest Cuban cigars.
      In mere seconds the two agents were at the Inner Gate of PRA Headquarters in its secret location.
      Hacksaw turned off the car engine and Ashland jumped out and took a perimeter stance.
      "All clear, babe," Hacksaw growled and Ashland walked toward him to enter this most secret of places.
      Things were going smooth. A bit too smooth.
      "Nice to join me, suckers!" a deep, manly voice bellowed from inside PRA Headquarters.
      "Saw, you know who that sounds like?" Ashland said frightened.
      "Sure do. And you have been . . . .

Delivered to the enemy's lair...Yes, I know you are family but when they offered me a Billion dollars and a chance to date Lady Gaga or Jennifer Lopez, you know I wasn't going to pass....But, don't worry I left you with some great weapons..So though, I may have delivered you to the territory, I know you will survive...That pen I gave you is not a normal pen, and this car has all kinds of toys.. ..I am going to slide out of here, but I know you will survive...Look in the glove compartment and see what other kinds of toys you find.....they include....

a Truth Mirror that uh, oh, is being turned on me! Ahhhhrrggghhhh, I am melting!" Tarantula, The Great Evil of The Orient said kidding Ashland and Rodriguez.
        "You listen here," Ashland snapped disappearing behind a vapor of Japanese Elm Spray that the scientists in her organization turned from an innocent cherry blossom into a perfect screen for hiding an agent as valuable as Ashland Donovan.
        "You best take cover. I've seen this low life before," Rodriguez advised from behind his classic Vette loading his vintage 12-gauge shotgun, the one that was given to him by an early founder of Ashland's group, Jim Hopewell, an all around expert in electronics, European politics, and geo-thermal studies in Hawaii and Portugal.
        "Aweee, he is not scaring me," Ashland boasted and now climbing the oak tree in her view as quick as any common Jaguar living on the Amazon River.
        "Now see here, young woman! That tree you are using for a ladder is . . .is, the rarest tree . . .in, uhhhhhhh, I cannot believe this!" Tarantula said choking over the PA system.
        Ashland froze as she listened intently to Tarantula's fading voice.
        Rodriguez slowly walked toward the tree where Ashland was perched like an eagle ready to pounce on a rabbit for an easy meal.
        Was the voice that of Tarantula, The Great Evil of The Orient?
        and who was Ashland about to call?
        "Well, girly girl, I am here!" a girl's voice broke over the specially designed transmitting and receiving station built into Rodriguez Vette.
        Ashland's face turned to pure happiness for it was none other than . . .

Both you guys are amazing story tellers. You both should take up the challenge issued by Genna East. The title, " The Encounter " A writing Challenge. I and a few others have written our version.

@ always exploring smile
            Thank you sincerely for such warm words. I like bluesradio and the sections that he has added to the Ashland posts.
            If he will add to Genna East's "The Encounter," I will see what I can do, but what about YOU, always exploring, adding to this post by Genna East?
            You are a very talented writer.
            I'd like to read how you add to her posts.

I did write a piece, the title, The Return Of The Jatites From The " Super Earth " Planet : With A Bit Of Satire Included. I had a lot of fun writing it.

@always exploring, go ahead and  do a section from Genna's "The Encounter," and either I or blues radio will jump in to help. One or both of us. Okay?

Will gladly jump in on that one as well kenneth avery and always exploring...

9. LiliMarlene profile image84
    LiliMarleneposted 7 years ago

In my version all what you wrote before are just her thoughts and the reason why she stands like being paralyzed for quite while. Whereas the man hasn't seen her yet. But somehow he feels her views in his back and turns around. We now see he has a gun in his hand and a scarf is hiding his mouth. Another man with a dark mask over his head is running with a bag into the direction of the gun man. She is shocked, but also fascinated and can't move. We hear squealing tires and the noise of a car arriving at high speed and it directly heads her way. The driver doesn't see her while she still watches the other two men. One still running, the other one now pointing his gun on her head. She wonders how she could have been so wrong, why she didn't run, why she can't move. So she simply stares into the eyes of the gunman while we here a terrible crash and everything becomes dark. She was run over.

But despite being run over, she was a strong survivor.....She miraculously survived such a wreck before and she had a strong pain endurance...She would worry about the hospital after she took care of this attack.......

she remembered her last mental and physical test given to her in Dark Caverns, the location that was not even known by her main agency, P.R.A. for if their secret were known, the world's most vile killers and terrorists would surely team-up and  make a successful run on this group that not only stood for the right, but fought for it as well.
        Now it was time for her to swing into action. Like a young praying mantis, she leaped to the air and caught her right hand securely on the branch of an old oak tree that to others looked too old and shaky to be used as a hiding place, but Ashland was a master of botany and knew that this old tree would stand a lot more than the young ones that surrounded the area where it had stood for over 100 years.
        "Get out of there! Tartantula is moving!" Rodriguez shouted from behind a huge piece of granite.
        Ashland acknowledged his warning by a very flirty wink and smile and continued to swing like a young Amazon ape in perfect grace to where she could just turn loose of the  oak tree limb and land softly as a kitten inside Tarantula's lair.
        "Not this round, Tarntula. I have had enough of you!" Ashland screamed whipping out her Uuzi with a 100-shell clip.
        "But my dear ignorant princess, you have made yet another mistake. You see . . .

Within that tree is a swarm of wasps that we planted in the tree knowing that you would try and hide something in there, and they have been awoken and they are now lighting into your body.....
          As she pulled away and even dropped her weapon, she was afraid that they may have succeeded in stopping her plan, but then she remembered.....

10. Natalie Frank profile image90
    Natalie Frankposted 7 years ago

Agreed!  It was really fun and got me writing!

11. Natalie Frank profile image90
    Natalie Frankposted 7 years ago

Great Idea!

@ smile Natalie . . .thanks, but I am convinced that you had thought of this in days past. I will be waiting and checking forum notifications.
      Peace.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)