Do you want cabin Girl to Stay, on Hubpages and Forums

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (93 posts)
  1. candice5 profile image58
    candice5posted 14 years ago

I say yes please just add yours.
    This may make the Admin see what members want.

2. BrianFanslau profile image60
    BrianFanslauposted 14 years ago

Yes smile

3. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Definitely yes.

4. Dale Mazurek profile image63
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

yes

5. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

If he wants to leave, he wants to leave. Why the drama?

1. Ladybird33 profile image64
      Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because we like him and he adds character to this place...he doesn't want to leave it's about principle and doing the right thing and fighting for what you believe in.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A fake alter ego?

1. Ladybird33 profile image64

Yeh, why not? Being creative, is that so weird?  Alter ego's we all have them one way or another...

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
            Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm fine with alter ego's but maybe there are more pressing matters to protest? hmm

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
              Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ron you should give some space to people with split personality disorder.

candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

He hasn't got this disorder this Forum is about do people want them both or No. The yeses are winning by a Mile.

2. Ladybird33 profile image64

I agree, I am sure their are more pressing matters to protest, but I hope my friends will help me during my pressing times when I am protesting something that I believe in...

1. tantrum profile image60
                tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Protesting is all right if you know how to do it. All this drama and tantrums ( lol ) don't lead anywhere

2. tksensei profile image59
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If he's putting on the makeup and making a big drama over something like this then he WANTS to leave. His choice it seems.

2. Kmadhav profile image61
      Kmadhavposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree.....

6. Ladybird33 profile image64
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Yes, most definitely

7. mommyfreelancer profile image74
    mommyfreelancerposted 14 years ago

Hi! Sorry, just saw this? What's happening? What's the background story??? - confused mommyfreelancer

8. Ladybird33 profile image64
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Tantrum, Agreed! But you gotta love a healthly debate smile Get's your blood pumping and to others that debated with me...loved it and thank you, it was fun and I like hearing all sides of opinions...keeps your mind open to what others see.

I don't think this is healthy at all.  Is pathetic .smile

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So don't comment smile

I'm entitled to comment as much as you

Sure. But why waste your time if you don't care?

I care for myself, and i'm having fun here, with this soap opera. smile Don't attack me is a waste of time, for I don't care

2. Ladybird33 profile image64

ohhh..come on...it can be fun smile

9. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I want her to stay. I don't know why she was banned. Maybe that could be explained? Even to her?

An intelligent thing to do , is create another alter ego and continue from there. This is all very childish smile

2. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Notice how you're the only one calling Cabingirl a her? Most people think she's a he, you know posing as a hot exotic kinky chick that's hiding out in a cabin somewhere. I mean, how real is that? I dont buy into stuff like that, but I've read hubs from CG and they're quite good.

Alter ego was a she. So I say "she"

3. beautyrose profile image61
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know this issue. She was banned in hubpages? or her google adsense was banned? was this about her commentary on badcompany and fortunerep?

Is she a woman or a man gush I'm confused.

There were some closed threads and a Goodbye Hub written, by a Hubber.
        Cabin Girls page tells all

10. kmackey32 profile image62
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

i do, i do. smile

Knew I could count on you as a yes. Where have ya been. smile

11. mommyfreelancer profile image74
    mommyfreelancerposted 14 years ago

Yoohoo... where can I find the background story for cabingirl's..eviction???
    Thank you to the one who will answer this.

you should ask B C . would like 2 help u but i really donno

2. profile image0

Look for Cabingirl's avatar in any thread, then click on her posts. There you can look for where she supposedly fouled up. smile

12. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Hey, I have no idea what happened, but I like her. Can we put her on probation at least? wink

13. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Sure, I would like CG to stay because of the principled stand.  It is funny how some people can be so jealous of an alter ego though.

14. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

If the staff saw fit to ban badcompany's alter ego from the forums, maybe that says something - it's not every day a frequent poster is banned, and that tells me that whatever that alternate account had been used to post was something far and beyond what would have caused disciplinary action.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Management here are very fairminded with everyone.

15. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Badcompany99 himself has already been banned once after forum outbursts and the Hubpages staff gave him another chance after he emailed them. So I think he should remember their fairness with him. According to him they haven't banned CabinGirl from writing hubs or commenting on hubs. Just appearing in the forum. And of course he can still particpate as BadCompany99.

Let's not forget we're talking about one person.

Just a yes or no I want this to be simple. I care not for the whys nor wherefores, I think most people enjoy these two.

16. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

I don't want to see either Cabin Girl or BadCompany go away. But somehow I don't think Admin will count up the posts on this thread and read it as some sort of "petition" to keep CG in the FOrums....

17. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Well, I was upset to find out Badcompany wanted to leave due to Cabin Girl being banned and found out later in his thread that he is actually Cabin Girl. (2 different HP Accounts).

So.....  well.... I'm quite happy if either of them stays.

18. Bredavies profile image60
    Bredaviesposted 14 years ago

badcompany and cabingirl are the same guy?

well badcompany is great!

19. candice5 profile image58
    candice5posted 14 years ago

Tantrum, Ron we hear you you and the Husky or is it a Samoyed.
    It is not unhealthy to Debate, it is unhealthy to supress opinions, and this guy has never really pretended Cabin Girl is not him. So I think it is just Fun. harmless fun, people need to realise they do not need to Comment, on any Forum they find displeases them. I only wanted Votes, to see how everyone thought.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Abuse is abuse... When the 'look the other way' argument is promoted here as Not Participating in the forum: The person promoting that stance is in my veiw no better than the abuser, if it is made as a reason to accept or put up with, the abuser.

Personal Attacking and Slagging off of a person is not a "FUN" Thing. It is ABUSE. When that action is a manipulated one via the use of a secondary identity... then in my veiw; it indicates a hell of alot clear intent on the part of the abuser!

In a similar way; using a secondary party to mark down the hub values of others who don't agree with the original party.. is also element of manipulative abuse. 

I don't agree with any form of abuse from anyone with whom I share an association with (HP or otherwise).

Perhaps in parts of this community... the common stance is to endorse the presence of abuse?

If you're a writer of any substance; you should be able to select the right words to get a message across; without being directly or indirectly Abusive.

Don't forget... each member in varios degrees contributes to the success of HP. That may be worth considering during the period it takes to create a physical income here. I'm not that sure that secondary identities contribute.. Are You? hmm

Yes in an perfect World, everyone would get on, and no one would be nasty, and I think we would all die of boredom, I have tried to get the Message accross to everyone out there, that if you feel abused walk away.
        Secondary entities obviously do not normally write Hubs, but this one does, it is a very surreal situation, but it can be argued that we are in Cyber land and anything goes, including a whole pile of Posts just saying Hello with a wad of Bags spammed at us. (I refer to the Squidward saga.) It isn't real we shouldn't believe that it is. We should pick out the bits we like and ignore that which we do not.  I will end with Kia Kaha Kia Manawa smile

1. Panda Man profile image59
          Panda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then I have to ask. Why have I been banned for not being 18? I write not bad (if not good) hubs too. What's with being 18 anyway? You think an 18 year old can be mature, and those below 18 cannot?

I may not be over 18, I might fool around from time to time, perhaps most of the time, I might not be an American, I might not be a theist, but I am who I am, I think, therefore, I know, I see, I understand, I speak. That does not differ me at all from fellow hubbers. From my interaction with a few people on this site, they find it astounded when they know my exact age. I just don't see the reason. But whatever, seemingly you cannot reopen closed accounts anyways.

1. profile image0

i didnt find it amusing. You were very immature playing games all the time. Dead giveaway, kid. smile

2. beautyrose profile image61
            beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Panda why not mind your study and take a career in writing dont be hurry growing old you still have your time.

Panda even if you don't tell your real age it is seen the way you interact still a boy with so much to learn.

2. Pearldiver profile image67

lol Interesting lol But a well missed point. smile
          Don't get me wrong; There is a lot of fun that can be derived from kicking the butt of any abuser.. as opposed to walking away. As far as dying of boredom is concerned.. Sadly, some have a 'Small' Span of Attention and are forever seeking to be entertained... albeit with a fantasy!! big_smile  Thanks for Kiwi.

20. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Got to admit... Good tracking skills CJ smile

21. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Candice I dont doubt your good intentions, however my opinion is split lol pardon the pun.

For one who has been here 2 short weeks , its good to see you confidently ( you sure you havent been here in another lifetime)? expressing yourself, as older members no doubt will too.

1/ There are other alto ego's on Hubpages ie multiple account holders ,who use that function for Im assuming anonymity, or I guess in BC's case 'for fun'
    But in both scenerios they all sign up to obey the rules.
    Nobdoy likes rules and I think a couple of them suck too.
    Life huh.

2/ Personally I find it difficult to respond to two separate identities when I know  they are the same person.I relate well to all kinds of moods ,opinions ,styles etc so if either personality leaves, all those attributes that BC felt comfortable using via CG will always be around.
    I know in the past I added this person to my fan list and later discovered they were already there just under another identity.

Gosh call me practical or old fashioned I dunno. Just be yourself.

Where does it end , like Sybill, 16 personalities. Farrrkkk,!!! that be just one hub filling out the 'join here' lol

I feel irked at times with favortism shown on HP to certain members ,but thats just my opinion at the end of the day, the site is not mine , so I dont get to make the rules.

So take the advice someone gave  me months ago.

When life throws you a lemon

Either complain about the taste OR

Make Lemonade smile

1. profile image0

Is that a Lemon in a your avatar as well smile ?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Close enough , its a Lime
        Want some Limeade smile
        I make alot these days lol phat girls round the outside cool

1. profile image0

you know what it is, mami wink

2. profile image0

you know what it is, mami wink And is that you in the pic as well?

22. Jodi Hoeksel profile image60
    Jodi Hoekselposted 14 years ago

I most definitely think Cabin Girl should stay smile and have the ban from forums lifted! Badco is very talented and adds great entertainment here. He has an awesome and creative personality. A true friend!! It seems there has been a lot of changes and losses of loved and talented people here and it would be a shame to lose BAdco and Cabin Girl. I feel alter-ego's are good to have in the cyper-world. Understandably there has also been much more disheartening drama than laughter lately, with many hubbers involved, so I feel it is greatly unjustified to single out Cabin Girl to ban from the forums.

**Love and light**  Badco & Cabin Girl smile smile

You FRIEND, Jodi

23. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

What melodrama again...For crying out loud how boring...
    If one alter ego leaves another one will pop up anyway. So whats the big deal? Only a big waste of time on postings...

As far as that goes why have alter egos to start with? If you can't be brave enough to say it as yourself then don't bother to say it at all...just my opinion
    zs

24. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Zsuzsy Bee,  lol  lol   lol   lol   lol      I agree.  I'm sorry...   This whole thing is cracking me up.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that this is the right attitude. Sorry Candice whatever not a yes or no. like most others.

25. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I think from what I heard from BC this was the thread that did it
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18447

1. Mrvoodoo profile image58
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

After reading that thread I'm surprised they all weren't banned (permanently).

1. blondepoet profile image68
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It was a very hurtful thread I am surprised it stayed open as long as it did sad

1. Ivorwen profile image66
          Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It took place late Saturday night, US time, otherwise I am sure it would not have gone on so long.

2. Mrvoodoo profile image58
          Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's an understatement, it was INSANE, I couldn't believe I was reading half of what I was reading.  yikes

1. Amanda Severn profile image95
            Amanda Severnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jeepers! I just looked at it myself. The head honchos at Hubpages should do us all a favour and delete it.

2. profile image0

Good idea to post that thread, so people can have the full picture.

1. blondepoet profile image68
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes Nellie I think so. I read somewhere here that BC had said that was the one that banned CG.

26. profile image0

If they delete it, then the record is deleted and we don't know the truth about how Badcompany (aka CabinGirl) really acted. We would not know how to judge his comments in other threads claiming he was treated unfairly.

1. Amanda Severn profile image95
      Amanda Severnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very true Nelle, though I guess it will be archived in due course anyway, and it will all be water under the bridge.

27. Lisa HW profile image61

I couldn't believe it went on so long either.  On top of it, the make-believe character is the only "one" banned, and that's only from the forums (if I understand correctly).  So all the "principle-of-the-thing" talk is about not wanting the fake character to be "censored" (penalized for essentially implying a threat to another Hubber, among other things).

A lot of people on here are BC's friends and understand his particular version of a bad day.  Still, this "principle-of-the-thing" thing is no "Rosa Parks moment", by any means.  None of it's my business, but the whole thing was kind of disturbing.  (Then again, it seems to me at one point someone insulted the make-believe character, and that made things get even worse.  You can't help but see a little humor in that.   roll  )

28. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

There really is a problem here.. It's more than merely a weekly slagging session.. And that's the sad aspect. 

It is Not OK to do this BS.. it doesn't matter how drunk, stoned or unbalanced.. Abuse is Abuse.  some professional help & an anger management course required here I think.

29. profile image0

I can't find the thread where he was banned the first time and then reinstated. It will support Pearldiver's assertion that this is really a regular thing with him.

But his hubber score is a 97 and going up. Mine is an 88 and dropping, so the hubpages community has voted. And I should just shut up and get back to making money.

30. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Ok guys I have been reading all this and I totally agree that night was beyond even me. I am not proud of that and I regret it which is why I personally gave an apology to Fortunerep the next day. But you only saw that post, you did not see why I reacted like a silly kid and to be honest I have forgotten it.

I agree with all of you, Nellie, Pearldriver, Voodoo that my behaviour was totally over the top. But I cant change it but I can say it won't happen again. Do you honestly think I like reading back on that crap, I dont, it makes me  both feel a total child and a total fool.

I am not the only one here that is a little crazy, jeez just check out the Religious Forums but yes I do go off on one and talk a load of BS and yes PearlDriver there is no excuse for it, I can only look back on it with total regret and my head hung in shame !

1. profile image0

I hope for your sake you mean it this time. You are very talented and creative and seem to have a decent side to you.

1. profile image48
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I actually do have a decent side and I do mean it, I intend to delete the Cabin Girl account because to be honest it does defeat the whole purpose of my writing. In all honesty I only introduced Cabin Girl because I didnt want it to be known I enjoyed writing Poetry but then I used the alter-ego for winding people up.

It was daft and from here on in there is just myself writing from now on, Cabin Girl is no more. Anyways you have my word Nelle and if I have another Crazy moment you have my promise I personally will delete my account !

1. manlypoetryman profile image81
          manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

C'mon with it BC...Bring the "Manly" Poetry...Let's tear down that Bullschlitz malt liquor...starting right now! Men go do the Poetry Thing...and it damn sure don't mean they are light in the loafers. Matter of fact...Men can bring it...in the Poetry dept. and leave the frilly, fluffy, wah-wah stuff...standing on its' head. Bring the "Manly" Poetry...BC! Kick some serious Poem Aspirins!

2. profile image0

Yeah, using Cabingirl to talk dirty to the men was quite a disgusting, if not a dumb thing to do. One of the reasons I hate flirting in here. You never know who's really a dude. Yurk! Now that being said, we all make mistakes, and I still think you're a cool enough guy....without the weird alter-egos, that is. smile

2. Pearldiver profile image67

BC.. No lecture required; but you fill a role here as a 'Senior Hubber' in the eyes of many.  You have a talent for good works and humour, so why open your mouth to change feet? hmm

Shame is irrelevant... it can only be a response to a negative event.  If that negative event is as a result of anger; then simply ditch the anger; before all the positive things about you; are consumed by it man!

You KNOW This!

1. profile image48

I know Pearldiver and I guess I do open my mouth too much. Just reading all this topic today made me realise a lot of things about myself and actually made me feel bad. I am going to make a big effort to ditch it, I actually owe you an apology to, you are actually an ok guy, I thank you !

1. Pearldiver profile image67

Yeah I am BC: and I deeply understand both sides of the equation. I speak and write from the heart.... time you found yours Mr BC.

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
        Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ditto.
        Thanks Pearldiver - Saved me writing something similar.
        Hope you're listening BadCo.

1. profile image48

I am Eric !

31. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

LOL!

32. goodfriendiam profile image59
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

Yes!!! I believe most writers have different dimensions of there personality, and a lot of them write with there alter ego(s). I think it is cool way to express yourself, and I am even jealous, because I had thought of doing that, but changed my mind. So yes I hope she stays

33. profile image48

Lol you got it my friend !

34. profile image0

My husband writes poetry all the time. And he is very much a man's man.

1. profile image48

No I am ok now writing Poetry as BadCo after I saw the ones CG wrote got a good response. I have always enjoyed poetry throughout school, look I am sorry guys I have been a real ass, I can only say I will change as today I seen myself in a different light, and not a good one !

35. Lisa HW profile image61

BC, I know this hasn't been a laughing matter; but I do hope you can see a little bit of humor in it somewhere.  After all, think of all the people who very much wanted both you AND Cabin Girl to stay around.  The world is full of poetry written by men.  Tomorrow is another day.

36. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Badcompany,

I sent you a message.  Just wanted to let you know smile.

37. Candie V profile image63
    Candie Vposted 14 years ago

You know how I feel already about this whole thing.. It's time to unify.  You have a poet's heart and someday they too will unify!! LOL!!

Be well!

38. profile image48

Thanks you guys, and as far as I am concerned the whole episode is history. Candie unify it is smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)