OMG Gamergirl!

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (54 posts)
  1. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

Where the hell has that girl been?

Playing Sims 2!  Playing World of Warcraft!  Totally de-stressing after the contest.  I have been around, my lovelies, just not nearly as lurky and active on the site during work hours as I used to be.  I almost got written up for Hubbing while on the clock, sooo...

No worries about me.  If you want my instant messenger info, send me an email through the 'contact gamergirl' link on my profile.

Much love to all of you! (even the people who watch for me to post and keep track of how mean or not I am. tongue)

2. sdorrian profile image70
    sdorrianposted 16 years ago

Thanks for checking in with us. You know how we worry when we don't know where you are. ( ;
    Now, get back to writing hubs!!!  We need them.

Sandy Dorrian

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 16 years ago

I knew you would get hooked on the Sims smile

4. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
    Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years ago

You were missed GG.  Welcome back.

5. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 16 years ago

Good to see you back!  (LOL about hubbing on the clock!)  wink

6. gamergirl profile image85

Hehe..

I don't know what to make Hub 120 about, honestly..

UW - I've been addicted to the Sims for YEARS.  SimTower, anyone.. I mean, for real.  wink  Now I need to get a nifty new profile pic like Stacie, Whitney and Steph!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 16 years agoin reply to this

How about creating one in the Sims smile

7. amy jane profile image72
    amy janeposted 16 years ago

Glad you're back and recovered from the contest, Gamergirl! (It was getting a little dull without you) smile

8. stephhicks68 profile image86

Amy has a great new photo too...  big_smile

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
      Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Everybody does have a new photo...I noticed that Stacie had another new one. 

I feel left out.  I'll dig around and see what I can find.

9. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 16 years ago

gamergirl, I remember SimTower fondly!  My brothers and I would play that all the time growing up!  It's a classic.

10. amy jane profile image72

Thanks Steph, I was so sick of looking at that other one- it was way too smiley, and I'm really not all happy and bright (though not as dark and twisty as I used to be)!  It was really hard to get a shot where I didn't look extremely tired.

11. WeddingConsultant profile image66

Amy, I like the new photo.  I agree with Peter...I think I'll have to dig around and find another one for me, if not just to throw people off for a couple days!

12. stephhicks68 profile image86

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.  I'm going to pull a GG and be less visible for a few days.  Taking my kids over the mountain to play in Portland for a few days for Spring Break starting tomorrow.... smile

Have a great trip.

Yes, another great new photo.

13. funride profile image66
    funrideposted 16 years ago

Welcome back Gamergirl big_smile

How about making your 120th one on computer game addiction lol.
    Just kidding wink I also love to play on my PSII.

Now talking about new photos, have you seen  LdsNana´s new avatar!? It´s great to see so many "new" faces smile.

1. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image78
      LdsNana-AskMormonposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yikes funride!  I hate drawing attention to myself...  I hate that when you change your picture that every single Hub you ever wrote NOW has the NEW face on it..  Why why why?

I am still stunned every time I come into the forum or sign-in, etc... like WHO is she?  Oh... that is LdsNana!  LOL

I am still getting used to it, but my other one was like a year old.  This was just one from my recent trip to Texas to see the grandkids... on a fluke just looking through the pics the other day, I thought... hey, not bad:-)  LOL

But... my cutie-pie  Elenna is the highlight really. (only now when I switch pics I am going to need to change up the grandkids on my lap!) 

I like the new avatars I am seeing, but I miss the old ones... you know?

More work!

LdsNana
      Kathryn

14. WeddingConsultant profile image66

maybe this is better...?

And yeah, fun I saw her photo just a second ago.  It's c-o-l-o-r and it's much better, huh?

1. funride profile image66
      funrideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Who is this guy!?

tongue

15. amy jane profile image72

Have a great trip, Steph! Sounds like fun smile

Wedding Consultant, are you hunting in that picture? Just curious...

16. WeddingConsultant profile image66

Funny you should ask.

Let's just say I didn't know my wife was taking the picture until it was too late...
    Let's also just say we were traveling a long distance and had taken a stop alongside the road...

17. funride profile image66
    funrideposted 16 years ago

What do you mean Pete!?

Don´t tell us you are http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_14_5.gif in that photo big_smile.

18. WeddingConsultant profile image66

haha Ricardo, you always find the funniest smilies!
    And I would have to say NO to your question, as you are suggesting #2.
    http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_18_5.gif

19. Peter M. Lopez profile image71

This one seemed appropriate.  It was taken at "Peter's House" in Capernaum, Israel.

1. amy jane profile image72
      amy janeposted 16 years agoin reply to this

That is very cool, Peter!

20. amy jane profile image72

LOL!  You know, now everyone is going to be looking at that picture differently...

21. WeddingConsultant profile image66

Peter I was hoping for a picture of you cropped into an OJ Simpson trial....
    maybe have you beside Mr. Cochran?

22. Peter M. Lopez profile image71

I am a wordsmith, Ed (no offense to Kenny), not a picture guy...perhaps amy jane can help, she seems quite handy w/a camera.

1. WeddingConsultant profile image66
      WeddingConsultantposted 16 years agoin reply to this

And/or maybe Stacie could help too, seeing as she's got that super-cool hub production package she won!

(p.s. BOY people are going to get confused with all my nicknames on here! haha)

I had settled on calling you Pete since it is your name, but that might be too confusing (especially for other forum readers: "Peter quoting Pete quoting Peter and Pete...").  So, Ed it is...in the forums anyway.

23. amy jane profile image72

I prefer Peter's picture with his wife, in Peter's house, because it suits who he is very well. smile

Wedding consultant, I am already confused. Everyone calls you something different! I saw someone somewhere abbreviate your name to W.C., which I found amusing, considering your the origin of your current avatar picture! smile

Thank you very much.

A lot of the confusion goes back to this hub and Ed's participation in other forum threads where Pete finally just said to call him "Ed".

http://hubpages.com/hub/Baby-Names-Gone-Bad

At one time we were calling him Wedding Planner, so WP might be more appropriate (considering the avatar) LOL!

big_smile

24. WeddingConsultant profile image66

Fair enough, now hopefully no one else will come on here and use the name "ed"...

25. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 16 years ago

I like "ED" I think it's quite appropriate   W "ED" Consultant...it makes perfect sense to me
    zs

26. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

Ed makes sense to me too.

Did someone need a picture taken?

Charlotte: The Sims 3 was finally officially announced...addiction...

1. gamergirl profile image85
      gamergirlposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Oh boy.

Stacie, feel free to come over and bring me that camera.. LOL

I'm a bad girl, I haven't even sent in my signed affidavit for my 100 dollar prize.

Well, off to the doctor's with me, I've been very sick!

27. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85

Stacie! did ya? Did ya? DId ya? DID ya? DID Ya? DID YA? get your cool staff Yet? How about you post a few pictures of the loot? 

(I have tons of paper work to do so I'm trying to find other stuff to occupy my time. The freezer could be alphabetized, I guess.That could prove interesting...hmmm...I just hate paper work with a passion)

28. WeddingConsultant profile image66

Okay, then, by means of popular vote I guess I'm Ed!
    (Better than the other names I've had on here- Wedding planner, wedding singer, STALKER, W.C.)...

Alphabetize your refrigerator?  Yikes, you ARE bored!

29. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

Alphabetizing...what?!?

You can come and do some of my work, so I can play on hubpages...hm?

I'm taking two vacation days, starting tomorrow, so it isn't so bad coming to work today...but, it has been the Monday morning from hell.

30. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85

I cleaned out and reorganized the fridge and freezer. Relabel all the meat and veggies?  And I'm not borred Ed I'm just procrastinating about that pile on my desk.

31. WeddingConsultant profile image66

Oh I hear you on that zsuzsy bee!  I hate the feeling of having things "looming over" me, but at the same time it's great to be able to procrastinate every now and then!

32. Angela Harris profile image67
    Angela Harrisposted 16 years ago

GG, Welcome back! I was wondering where you had been. My daughter is so totally addicted to the Sims games. She has all of the ones that she doesn't already own on her birthday list.

Steph, Hope you have fun.

Zsuzsy Bee, please visit me and help with my organizing. I am sooo disorganized. And I have spring cleaning to deal with, too...ugh!

33. robie2 profile image77
    robie2posted 16 years ago

omygosh--gotta drop in and say I  how much I like all the new pix--I'm really enjoying seeing all of you from new angles......Stacie, you look great without the coffee cup--W.C.(tee hee) I like you amid the flowers and Amy Jane, you not only don't look tired, you look sooooo sleek,chic, and elegant<sigh> I'm jealous.  Hmmmmm maybe it's time for an av change for me too--now where did I put that camera:-) Happy MOnday everyone!

34. WeddingConsultant profile image66

Happy Monday to you too robie2!  And yes, change your picture like everyone else!

GG, hope you get well soon!  Every time I see "GG" I think of a police officer I worked with while in loss prevention.  Her name was "Gigi" and I felt so bad for her! haha

For the record, though, she was one of the best officers with which I worked.

35. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 16 years ago

I can't believe this thread has been here so long and I haven't found it! I have been posting and posting wondering if you were ok, Gamer! LOL. Guess I just missed this post with all the holiday stuff going on and trying to get more hubs out. I will hit 70 tonight! Woohooooo!

I am really glad to hear that you are ok and just taking some rest time. We all need that now and then! I was afraid you had OD'ed on the HubLove contest and I guess that was pretty much the case! LOL. Will be looking forward to your 120th!

Bonnie

36. gamergirl profile image85

Aww Bonnie.  I love you to pieces, you silly woman.

Well, I have a sinus infection, as it turns out.  70 dollars worth of antibiotics later, we'll see how I'm feeling in five days once my prescription is over and all that.  lol

1. robie2 profile image77
      robie2posted 16 years agoin reply to this

sorry to hear you are under the weather, Gamergirl--there are some nasty little microbes about. I'm just getting over one that turned into bronchitis.(yuk--but the anti biotics worked) The germs are getting quite feisty this season so take your pills and feel better soon. I'll be sending the old healing vibes your way smile Take care

37. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 16 years ago

Aw, so sorry Gamer! Hope you feel better soon! All those games should fix you right up! LOL

Bonnie

38. stephhicks68 profile image86

Get well soon!!  I am on my second bout of bronchitis in a month.  And I'm blaming the HubLove contest... LOL... big_smile

But seriously - its good that you are getting some rest!  Hope you are feeling strong and better soon!

39. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image78
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 16 years ago

:-(

I am so sorry to hear you are feeling yuck!  Maybe you can catch up on some much needed sleep?  Lack of sleep is a big no no when we want to remain healthy you know... and I would bank on the fact that most Hubbers do not get the recommended amounts of sleep!  LOL

I hope that you are feeling well soon and back at your game:-)

tDMg
    Kathryn

40. stephhicks68 profile image86

Kathryn,

I really like the new avatar!  Its beautiful and colorful!  Plus, I like seeing your face a little more close up!  smile   But I know what you mean about missing the old ones.  Change is hard... and good!  Cheers,  Steph

41. gamergirl profile image85

Actually, since I'm one of those heathenistic non-believers, I got to spend the three day weekend we just finished up sleeping.  LOL  I promise I've been getting enough rest!

42. amy jane profile image72

A weekend of sleep Gamergirl - I cannot express how deeply jealous I am right now!

Two weeks ago, on my birthday, I got to sleep in until 7:45, and that really was a treat.

I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly for you smile

43. gamergirl profile image85

Boy tell me about it.

I usually sleep in Sunday mornings, but this past weekend just knocked me out.  I feel tons better today though!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)