If your boyfriend/girlfriend still has pictures of his ex hanging on his wall, w

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

If your boyfriend/girlfriend still has pictures of his ex hanging on his wall, what would you do?

2. Abbasangel profile image65
    Abbasangelposted 13 years ago

Depends in what context.... (Are they photos with other people? Are they a parent of one of their kids? Are they glamour shots -- probably ask him to take them down or would leave as he/she is probably not over him.)

Are you living with him?

How long have you been going out with him?

He may not notice if he has lived in a place where he lived with her (more likely a her) because she would have made the place look nice with pictures and stuff and naturally would have put one of herself up... He may not notice anymore or forgotten.

Might want to ask him about it... (I would do this first after contemplating the above.)

3. jenniryan profile image60
    jenniryanposted 13 years ago

I would be concerned if it wasnt a parent of your children or they are just in group shots. Otherwise there is no reason to have a photo of an ex on the wall.

4. Right On Time profile image60
    Right On Timeposted 13 years ago

Wouldn't be too comfortable to tell you the truth - it would feel like they are hanging on to a part of the ex in their life now.

5. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 13 years ago

I can't emagine snuggling up to my boyfriend on his lounge and looking up to see photo's of him with his ex.  So, if he hadn't thought to take them down I'd ask him to do it immediately!

6. QudsiaP1 profile image59
    QudsiaP1posted 13 years ago

They are hung up on the ex, either the picture goes or you do. A fairly simple choice.

7. lostdogrwd profile image61
    lostdogrwdposted 13 years ago

boy or girlfriend on wall. nothing for we just seeing each other but an husband or wife its coming off the wall. I know in this time and day its seem cool to say my man or my girl, but if it now marriage the people can do what they want,

8. Sunnyglitter profile image83
    Sunnyglitterposted 13 years ago

I went through this a long time ago with my current boyfriend.  He had a picture of a girl he had dated displayed next to his alarm clock (so right next to his bed).  There was one other person in the picture but I was furious.  And he refused to take it down.  I forgot about that until now.  What a jerk.

Anyway, you have a right to be mad.  Confront him about it and see how he reacts.

9. sparksdaniel2000 profile image73
    sparksdaniel2000posted 13 years ago

If my girlfriend had a picture of her ex, and he wasn't dead, I'd ask her why. The only answers that wouldn't upset me would honest ones. Like if he was her first love, or if they had a child together. But even in those instances, I would politely ask if she could keep it in an album and not on the wall for me to see everytime I'm there. If she refused, I'd limit my time at her place until she relented.

10. sarclair profile image78
    sarclairposted 13 years ago

Well, it depends on if the person is living with the current boyfriend/girlfriend. If it were me, and I was a live in, I would be irritated, because it is disrespectful. Confront him/her about the situation. Your feelings need to be taken into consideration in the relationship. If your feelings are not taken into consideration, and he doesn't have a good enough excuse to have those pictures on the wall, well, don't disagree. Just put pics of your ex up on the wall, since he expects you to be understanding, he should be. Don't nag, or gripe, just add some art to the wall. If you are not a live in, I wouldn't say anything, because dating is just that.

11. tenordj profile image65
    tenordjposted 13 years ago

I dont think I could handle it because if they still have pictures of their ex on the wall then it is evident that they are not over them at all so how can they be committed to you.

12. dashingscorpio profile image79
    dashingscorpioposted 13 years ago

Keeping in mind each person has a right to hang whatever they want on their walls, all one can do is express how uncomfortable they are with visiting him/her and seeing photos of his/her ex hanging on the wall.

It's an indication to me they have not moved on.
    I suspect they will tell you they are "friends" with their ex. A large segment of the population these days insists on remaining "friends" with exes and don't believe the "new" person should have a problem with it. From their point of view they're simply displaying a photo of a "friend" whom they dated in the past.

There is no "wrong" or "right".
    There is only "agree" and "disagree".

Ultimately we are looking for someone who agrees with us regading the major things in life.
    If this is a "deal breaker" we should get out.
    If it's not a "deal breaker" then we must find a way to accept it.

To stick around nagging, begging, screaming, or pleading for someone to change is a waste of time and energy.
    People change when (they want to change).
    What usually happens is we become frustrated and disappointed and they become resentful.
    If it were me I would move on.

13. Klena profile image70
    Klenaposted 13 years ago

I'd discuss it with my partner. However, you'd have to try and not be too accusatory about it in case you provoke a fight. Just ask honestly why their picture is still displayed.

If you are concerned, then explain to them calmly that it makes you feel a little uncomfortable to see her/him still displayed now that you are together. A decent guy/girl will remove it or place the photo away somewhere private.

14. medicfrogs profile image67
    medicfrogsposted 13 years ago

Hmmm. Well, to me personally, that's a very clear indication that that person hasn't quite moved on. Or they were just too lazy to have taken them down yet smile Either way though, if she and I were seriously involved I would have serious problems with it, and would ask her to take them down. If she refused to then I would have to let her go, because she obviously has some history to resolve with that guy.

15. lindacee profile image86
    lindaceeposted 13 years ago

I have no tolerance for living in the past. I would have to call it quits.

16. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 13 years ago

I've been in a similar situation, except this particular bf would be decked out in the custom made jewellery that his ex had made for him.. It just got too much for me and we went our separate ways. What a weight off my shoulders.. I mean all his baggage!!
    But in response to your question:
    I would leave. Immediately.

17. Iontach profile image69
    Iontachposted 13 years ago

I'd go mental...ex's belong in the past. You can only keep them if you're single, when you get into a new relationship you should have the decency to remove them for your partners sake.

The thought of looking at my partners ex on the wall makes me sick to my stomach, I have extra reasons to feel sick about it though.

18. Lyre of Orpheus profile image59
    Lyre of Orpheusposted 13 years ago

Try to accept it. A person develops through various experiences, people he/she meets, their interactions, relationships. It doesn't matter if there are photos or no photos whatsoever, everyone remembers their important relationships and it's even better if the person can remain on good terms with an ex as it shows decency and inner strength, unlike someone who bad mouthes a loved one from their past.
    Photos are memories of a person/events/places/things everyone else has to come to terms with.
    Having said that, keeping photos of previous relationships is one thing, having photos of ex's hanging on the wall above the bed is an unnecessary exaggeration.

19. lilibees profile image61
    lilibeesposted 13 years ago

I would avidly ask him to take it down or I would and if this upset him well bye bye!

20. jantamaya profile image59
    jantamayaposted 13 years ago

I would look at those pictures and say, "What a wonderful woman is your ex. Why you don try to get her back? In case you don't know it, here is the door. Go and do it." Depends on his answer, I would leave - or maybe I wouldn't...

21. phillymax profile image61
    phillymaxposted 13 years ago

Hang him on the wall. This guy is an insensitive loser. We deserve better. Run, don't walk  and don't look back.

22. Candace Bleu profile image54
    Candace Bleuposted 13 years ago

I would kick him in the throat and insult his manhood until he either gives a good enough explanation or takes it down, puts it in a box, and lights it on fire.
    Not really. I wouldn't care.

23. Phaseus profile image61
    Phaseusposted 13 years ago

If my girlfriend had a picture of her ex, personally, as a guy, I would maybe ask a question or two about it and forget about it. I like to go with the flow.

24. Cheeky Girl profile image67
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

You should gently talk about it, see has your partner "moved on" and gotten over the person. We can find we seldom want a third in a relationship, though there are some exceptions to that from my experience.

It could be a deceased person, it could be more than we realise. Or the picture could be a "pin-up". Women have their pin-ups too, on covers of music albums or book covers or DVDs. There is also the dreaded photo collection on the mobile phone to worry about...

25. smzclark profile image61
    smzclarkposted 12 years ago

i'd take it out of the frame and put a nicer picture of me in it :-)

26. sweetpikez profile image68
    sweetpikezposted 9 years ago

If he can't remove it,  I can do it for him. How lucky his ex is? So unforgetable. Nevertheless, he's having a photo compilation of his ex's. However, whatever reason he has, I will not tolerate that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)