What's your favorite movie about time travel?

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (38 posts)
  1. retrobandit profile image53
    retrobanditposted 12 years ago

What's your favorite movie about time travel?

2. Cogerson profile image79
    Cogersonposted 12 years ago

The Returner..which is a little known Japanese movie that takes from movies like The Matrix, ET, Back to the Future, Men In Black....and it does a great job of using time travel as well.

3. rwelton profile image60
    rweltonposted 12 years ago

"Somewhere in Time" - some say the most romantic movie ever filmed.  Stars Christopher Reeves, Christopher Plummer and Jane Seymour - 1980.  A test of the power of love.

rlw

4. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 12 years ago

Actually it is a 60's sitcom titled It's About Time. Funny show lasted one season. I was in the 6th grade and the theme song was very catchy. Info at wikipedia. I think the same producers as Gilligans Island.

It's about time,

It's about space,

About strange people in the strangest place.

It's about time,

It's about flight,

Travelin' faster than the speed of light.

5. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 12 years ago

I'd have to go with Somewhere in Time as well -- my mom, sister, and I spent a lot of time discussing a particular paradox in that one when I was younger wink.

Other than that it's hard to say. Back to the Future was definitely entertaining and I've watched them all several times, but I have to be in the mood for light-hearted fun. Millennium was also very good, though the film quality might annoy people a bit now.

6. visionandfocus profile image67
    visionandfocusposted 12 years ago

The Time Traveller's Wife, although the book was way better. I bawled like a baby at the end (of the book, not the movie).

7. Miss Paula profile image40
    Miss Paulaposted 12 years ago

Back to the future  my kids like it to we watch all the time

8. StevenRobaina profile image59
    StevenRobainaposted 12 years ago

I'm going to have to say it is, one of the best independent movies of all time, "Donnie Darko"...by far one of my favorite movies.

9. someonewhoknows profile image72
    someonewhoknowsposted 12 years ago

"THE TIME MACHINE" 1950's movie of a scientist from England who builds a time machine and goes forward and  backward in time.

10. glenn wallace profile image70
    glenn wallaceposted 12 years ago

I'll second Back to the Future, and Donnie Darko. The first is just time traveling fun. The second, much more of a 'thinker.'

For a second dicotomy of 'fun' versus 'cerebral' let me add Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and Primer.

11. AutoandHomeIns profile image61
    AutoandHomeInsposted 12 years ago

I don't know if you'll consider that my answer is related to your question, i really like THE HOUSE LAKE. very romantic..try it if ever you haven't watched it yet.

12. The Ghostwriter profile image83
    The Ghostwriterposted 12 years ago

Blackadder goes forth!, very funny parody of all time travel movies and how a fool just happened to be in a certain place at a certain time and changed the course of history.

13. codeiris profile image60
    codeirisposted 12 years ago

Back to the future. It really where I started to think about time traveling and all. And it's really fascinating.

14. CondoLux Rentals profile image61
    CondoLux Rentalsposted 12 years ago

the Terminator movies have to be my vote. And if you are in a fun mood, you gotta count the Bill and Ted's!

15. anemometers profile image60
    anemometersposted 12 years ago

Oh definitely Back to the Future. Good Question!

16. Naomi's Banner profile image72
    Naomi's Bannerposted 12 years ago

The Time Machine the first production of it.  Great movie.

17. sarkarinaukria profile image41
    sarkarinaukriaposted 12 years ago

The time machine,back to the future series are my favs!! smile
    There are more, at the moment i dont remember the names! :S

18. profile image0
    T.L.Welchposted 12 years ago

"The Final Countdown", a 1979 film starring Kirk Douglas as the captain of a modern aircraft carrier that encounters a mysterious storm and is transported back in time just prior to the bombing of Pearl Harbor. A good story, minimal special effects, and some cool footage of naval aircraft and carrier operations.

19. profile image0
    nikashi_designsposted 12 years ago

All the movies are listed and love them all. I will have to go with "Dr. Who" , and yes that's my final answer...

20. canuck67 profile image59
    canuck67posted 12 years ago

The Time Machine both the old version and the newer one as well

21. Spock7418880 profile image59
    Spock7418880posted 12 years ago

I have to say "Primer."

As soon as that movie ended, my friends and I declared that we absolutely had to see it again, just because one viewing isn't enough to comprehend it completely.

For the next three days I couldn't stop trying to figure it out.

It was so exhausting that we still haven't seen it again yet. And it's been close to six months now.

Probably the most brilliant movie you'll ever see for such a small budget. But hold onto your mind.

22. frugalfamily profile image72
    frugalfamilyposted 12 years ago

Somewhere in Time..I never grow old of that movie.  I think of it everytime I'm at the DMV getting my picute taken.  She had a look in her eyes that showed true love.

23. profile image0
    reena_yadavposted 12 years ago

My favourite would definitely be "Back To The Future", can watch over and over again and not get bored with it. There was another series "Quantum Leap" if I remember correctly, that was good too.

24. Kate Spenser profile image73
    Kate Spenserposted 12 years ago

We had this movie that we taped off TV and watched repetitively as kids called Time Flyer (according to imdb.com it is also called The Blue Yonder) - I think it was a Dreamworks special or something? It was about a kid who goes back in time to save his grandfather from dying in a plane crash when trying to make one of the first solo trans-Atlantic flights. It was SUCH a cute movie and I have really fond memories of watching it with my siblings growing up!

25. lola_14 profile image58
    lola_14posted 12 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5168247_f260.jpg

''Back to the Future" - i love it so much. Love the triplet

26. tessa1hope profile image60
    tessa1hopeposted 12 years ago

Jump! I loved that! That was good! Or back to the future! Thats my favorite!

27. profile image0
    Pam Poundsposted 12 years ago

Somewhere in Time, with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour.  Very romantic, with beautiful music.

28. Mr-Yo LV profile image60
    Mr-Yo LVposted 12 years ago

I've got a whole list my man!  Here it goes:

Back to the Future Trilogy (1985-1990) Stars: Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd

The Time Machine (2002) stars: Guy Pearce, Yancey Arias

Butterfly Effect 1(2004), 2(2006), 3(2009)

The Jacket (2005) stars: Adrien Brody, Keira Knightley

The Time Traveler's Wife (2009) stars: Eric Bana, Rachel McAdams, and Ron Livingston

29. mcacreate profile image60
    mcacreateposted 12 years ago

By far, a movie called "time after time" with Malcom McDowell and  Mary Steenburgen. It's about H.G Wells himself who builds the time machine back in 1893 and goes to the future - 1979. That's when the movie came out. it is available on you tube, by parodycentral2200. Watch it. it's good.

30. preacherdon profile image64
    preacherdonposted 12 years ago

I like Star Trek: First Contact, Time Changers, Back to the Future trilogy and Meet the Robinsons. Oh, another I liked was The Phiadelphia Experiment.

31. Bubblegum Senpai profile image86
    Bubblegum Senpaiposted 12 years ago

Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. By Far.

32. moiragallaga profile image76
    moiragallagaposted 12 years ago

Terminator, Back to the Future, Time Bandits

33. YadiraE profile image75
    YadiraEposted 12 years ago

Definitely Back to the Future!! It's super funny and well thought out!!!

34. louistoth profile image60
    louistothposted 12 years ago

Planet of the Apes and Terminator are both are by favorite movies

35. nabeelplus profile image60
    nabeelplusposted 12 years ago

back to the future was awsum movie and my all time favourite

36. Cutters profile image60
    Cuttersposted 12 years ago

That is a great question oh where to begin so many great movies out there. I guess my all time fav would be THE TIME MACHINE

37. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
    LoisRyan13903posted 10 years ago

Back to the future-all the movies were great.  Well at one time I had a crush on Michael J Fox.  Then there was Time bandits and the one where the Astronauts go back in time to King Arthur.  A Sound of Thunder-where a guy went back to prehistoric times and disrupted his present so they had to go back in time to fix it.    For television shows Quantum Leap and Doctor Who.
    For books, Waterfall, Cascade and Torrent (River of Time Series) written by Lisa Tawn Bergren.

38. brutishspoon profile image66
    brutishspoonposted 10 years ago

Timecop as it is a great movie that shows how time travel could change things and why if it was possible it should be regulated.

Back to the Future is another great set of movies that shows what can go wrong with time travel.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)