The moment you realize something,is the exact moment that you should react to it

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 12 years ago

The moment you realize something,is the exact moment that you should react to it.Do you agree?

Some people react slowly,some pass it off as a passing fad,some don't act to a situation at all,and some can't wait to attend to it and solve the matter at hand.Do you have good reaction?

2. Christine P Ann profile image60
    Christine P Annposted 12 years ago

I think I generally react by taking time to think about it, I have never been a very spontaneous person, preferring to think things through.

3. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 12 years ago

It depends on the situation.  For example, if I'm coaching a soccer game, and I see that my team isn't playing as good as usual, I will wait and watch the players play a few lines.  Then, after assessing their abilities that night, I would change the lines so that it would be more balanced and beneficial to individual player so that they would play cohesively as a team.  In this case, I would analyze and then make a decision.

On the other hand, if a stranger dropped in front of me, and displayed symptoms of distress such as a heart attack or seizure, I would not hesitate to call 911 and perform the necessary medical procedure(s) to aid in prolonging/saving a life.  In this case, I would act immediately as soon as I realize what is happening.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

I think reacting immediately can be a mistake depending on the situation.  I believe giving things some thought before reacting can be very beneficial--and of course I am not talking about an emergency situation where time is of the essence.

I like to face up to situations and get them taken care of, but I never act without thinking--that can get a person in trouble very quickly.

5. edhan profile image38
    edhanposted 12 years ago

I usually take around 1 minute to process the action I need to take. Some cases, it can be a quick second when comes to danger. While other cases require longer to justify whether or not there is a consequence to the decision made.

Overall, I am pretty quick to decide when encountering tight situation where right decision needs to be made.

6. rwelton profile image60
    rweltonposted 12 years ago

Reacting through instinct is good if you trust yourself and you have a lot of years of experience in life...otherwise it could be a disaster...without thinking it through first... maybe you will need only a few minutes - but ..."Only Fools Rush In...."
    rlw

7. Zubair Ahmed profile image73
    Zubair Ahmedposted 12 years ago

I'd agree to some point with reacting immediately, but it depends on what the situation or scenario is.  So if it was that I had a inspiration for a new HUB, that could potentially make it big then I'd like to act on it instantly at least even just write down the thought process. 

But if it is something more involved like taking out a car insurance then I'd think about and find the cheapest and take my time selecting the insurance company.

8. profile image0
    lovazaposted 12 years ago

Sometimes when  I don't react right away, then that
    moment  is gone and then it's difficult to take it back.
    I think is depends upon the situation that I confront on
    whether I need to react quickly or not.  Some things take
    time to think through, which can be beneficial, but I know
    there are moments I react instantly without a thought at all.

9. Craan profile image75
    Craanposted 12 years ago

Depending on the issue at times I may react right away and very often I'll need to ponder what is best to say.

10. onegoodwoman profile image68
    onegoodwomanposted 12 years ago

Apostle Jack,

Yes, I think that I do...........just do what needs to be done NOW and do not panic!

Just jump in and do it!

11. shamani67 profile image60
    shamani67posted 12 years ago

I owned and ran my own security business for 18 years. You learn to assess the situation very quickly and react as trained. I, myself, have been in situations where you had no time to think but react. I have come out with black eyes and bruised ribs etc because I have the philosophy of not hitting back unless absolutely necessary. I (being only 5 foot 3 inches) had to hold a Huge bloke who was well over 6 foot 5 inches from entering a night club. He threw many punches at me, until I pushed him and held him against a steel staircase. It took 6 police officers to subdue him and get him into the back of the Police Vehicle.
    Needless to say, I did not have to appear in court as he pleaded guilty.
    I always see myself as jumping in to help ANYONE who needs help at ANYTIME. I don't even think twice about it. I do it before I even know what is happening.
    Thank goodness I know how to handle myself.
    I would never ever hesitate to help someone in need, no matter what the situation may be. We may be out numbered, but bring it on. You MUST have an air of authority about you to do this however, because if you feel or show fear at anytime you are done for. Sorry to be so harsh.

12. Dawit T profile image61
    Dawit Tposted 12 years ago

No. only if the importance of it overrides other tasks. If I realised that I had forgotten to turn off the light when leaving the house and had a job interview I wouls choosethe most important smile

13. flowmeter profile image60
    flowmeterposted 12 years ago

I think it really depends on each situation. Some things should not be acted upon e.g being suspicious of someone committing a crime against you but not yet having enough evidence to convict them.

14. Lawfull Richard profile image59
    Lawfull Richardposted 12 years ago

yea, i agree. this is true since if you wait there will be something else on the way to take your focus. That's why having a storeroom isn't a good decision

15. litsabd profile image66
    litsabdposted 12 years ago

Certailny not. In Greece we say " You have 2 ears and one mouth, use them that way"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)