Will hate cause this country to perish?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (37 posts)
  1. glmclendon profile image60
    glmclendonposted 11 years ago

Will hate cause this country to perish?

2. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 11 years ago

Is this a trick question? I wrote that because my answer follows the rule of KISS, no not the band, the engineering rule of being succinct with a kiss, not of death, but of Love. Oh yeah, the answer is 'nope.'

1. Jewels profile image82
      Jewelsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is that different to the KISS principle - keep it simple stupid?

2. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I learned this first, Keep it Simple and Succinct. Then, later on a street corner I learned Keep It Simple Stupid. If one was to watch Family Jewels now and then a secret is learned. A simple formula advocated by Paradigm Search here at hubpages is L

3. glmclendon profile image60
      glmclendonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not a trick question but one that has been with me for a while.

4. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

gl . . .I realize the enormity of the question. I feel downright home style cooking is the answer. The family get together for a good meal and fellowship may be a part of the solution. I have copy pasted for a hub idea. Not enough room here smile

3. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 11 years ago

Hello gl,
    I certainly hope not, but we may not have God's protection for much longer because we are no longer a Christian nation...... of course we used to be one, but now, there is violence that runs rampant, a president who doesn't know what he's doing...and that is scary.....so we need him out of there!   God willing he will not be re-elected!

There has been more hatred and violence since president Obama has taken office than there ever was before......he hasn't helped ..... he has only hurt us, and if we trust him, then I would say yes....this country could definitely perish & fast.
    But, because I am a Christian as you are, we both know that Jesus is coming any time now to rapture us, His saints, and so I am not really worried about it.....that is because I put everything in His hands, and I am sure you do too my friend!....Thank you gl for this question.... it is most definitely a good one!!
    You take care & God bless you!!
    Helen

oceansider, thanks. The Bible tells us to judge not. Like the Pres., great.if you don't still great, but now is praying time and if not I think we are headed for trouble.

2. profile image0
      oceansiderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dear gl,
      I will say to you, very respectfully, that it was not my intention to judge Mr. Obama. I have just stated what the truth is....that we have never been in worse shape before he took office....It's the plain truth...and that's all.
      Take care!

4. Catherine Kane profile image81
    Catherine Kaneposted 11 years ago

I don't think so.

There are a fair amount of haters in this big country, but I do believe there are more people following the path of love and light.

God is good and He will over come Satan. He will make your enemy your foot stool.

2. Catherine Kane profile image81
      Catherine Kaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nice thought, but I don't really want my enemy to be my foot stool (although I currently have a sprained foot and could use to put it up)

I'd far rather my enemy be my friend...

5. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 11 years ago

Most likely, especially if the Republicans get in.  Hate is embedded in their psyche.  And all that hate means a crass implosion eventually.

1. Attikos profile image81
      Attikosposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Now, there's a hateful attitude for you.

2. profile image0
      Longhunterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A hateful answer from a liberal. There's a novelty.

3. Jewels profile image82

You don't think?  Hmmm!

4. CR Rookwood profile image71
      CR Rookwoodposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The reactions to this answer prove its point. We've never recovered from the Civil War, we just reversed the parties representing the opposing sides. A nation divided against itself cannot stand.

5. glmclendon profile image60

We must walk with love and in peace

6. cynthtggt profile image75
      cynthtggtposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jewels, that you believe the upper tier left likes you is where you are deceived.  They merely need to covince you of that truth so you vote for them.

7. Jewels profile image82

It's not so much the political parties that need to convince me, it's those that follow both of them that do a really good job of it too.  There is a mass deception to create such sheeple. But it is about walking the love as glmclendon says.

6. edhan profile image38
    edhanposted 11 years ago

The balance of Yin & Yang in the world that helps us to be clear headed. Sometimes we may be hating something but when we sit down to think, we will realize that there is no reason for feeling mad as it does no good to yourself or anyone.

Hate comes out from the desire of being human. One might hate for not getting something but when you think of why you are not getting it, then you might not hate it anymore.

We need to be calm and think of all the hate we may be having but in the end, we really do not need to feel this hatred for anyone or any thing.

edhan I like to thinks what am I going to bring to the table to make things better.

2. whonunuwho profile image53
      whonunuwhoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You have a very good way of putting it about hatred, and I support you in what you say.

3. edhan profile image38
      edhanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks whonuuwho!

It is really bad for health to hate someone and you get no benefit with hating. Instead, letting it go will have less burden and happier. Thanks for your support!

7. MickS profile image60
    MickSposted 11 years ago

Which country is that then?---------------------------------------------------------

8. cynthtggt profile image75
    cynthtggtposted 11 years ago

I don't think it is "hate" that is destroying us, but the illusion of hate and from its growing from "collective" thinking and "collective" emotions.  We are living in an "emotional" age, largely because of the damage done by the dissolving of individuality after the sexual revolution.  The true divisions we have in this country are arising out of morality and cloaked to appear as hatred.  A lot of the hatred comes from "projections," a belief that one group or another makes us feel a certain way, when in reality it is the "collective" emotions or sense of being "accepted" that is consuming us.  Healthy individuals often do not look for acceptance from a group or party.  To restore individuality again, we need to move beyond looking "outside" ourselves and others for answers and consensus.  Like the response about Yin and Yang (see below from Edhan) we need more privacy, equal justice and a return to a more individualistic society.  As we come to a close of this Emotional Age, a more Intellectual Age will arise; and in that age we will learn to create our own lives with those we love, whether we are religioius or not.  But this is all dependent on getting back to our roots in this country politically.  Contrary to much of the liberal thought today, conservative politics results in more freedom and equality (and action against inequality - [plaintiff discrimination cases got more representation in court under conservative principles than not]) than what we are seeing today.  That is because we are all seeking affirmation from a group or other person to fulfill ourselves instead of looking inside ourselves.  In actuality, the projection of hate is coming from feelings of being "controlled" (conservative/republican) or desiring more control (liberal/democrat).

cynthtggt I think you are pretty close to my way of thinking. we have so many people trying to please. Where do we go from here?

2. cynthtggt profile image75
      cynthtggtposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi, glmclendon. I am a present writing an article about it.  I come from the point of view that are "individualistic" tendancies were usurped by "collective" ones borne out of the sexual revolution. Raising our awareness may help pull the reins back.

9. Agantum profile image60
    Agantumposted 11 years ago

Americans do not have a monopoly on hate.  If the amount of hate that is held in a country is an indicator of it failing then America is a long way from perishing.  All nations of the past have changed, some have completely perished and there is no guarantee that any will last forever.  Many steps precede perishing. The loss of law and order, social cohesion and effective government are some indicators.  Any body who thinks that the U.S.A. is anywhere near this point is kidding themselves.  A look at the failed states index put together by the fund for peace, shows the nation with the worst ranking at number 1, is Somalia.  Somalia, has had no government for 20 years.  The United States is  positioned 158 places away from this humiliating position at a rank of 159.  The best on the scale is 177 held by Finland.  It would be a long horrible journey to slide all the way down this scale and if Americans hate anything, it's being a loser.

Agantum we who know better should do better.

2. Agantum profile image60
      Agantumposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are right Lou, but refusing to do better is usually for greed. Hate requires thinking of someone else, albeit negatively. Nearly all crimes are theft and selfish. Theft takes something not entitled to, a life, property, liberty, truth. Take care.

10. Ramsa1 profile image61
    Ramsa1posted 11 years ago

Everything perishes. History has given us many examples of this, and the US will not be an exception. The Roman, and other great empires collapsed. Change - it's the nature of who we are as people and as a world.

I don't thinks it is because of history, but because of hate and disobedience.

11. sweetzara profile image77
    sweetzaraposted 11 years ago

Before that happens, love will find a way.

12. kj force profile image60
    kj forceposted 11 years ago

Hate comes in many different ways..and has been the downfall of many lands, not just the U.S. I mean just look at the countries who have been fighting for 1,000's of years...the war of good vs evil...it has been man has destroyed the environment..and hate will destroy the world if we allow it to continue...

13. whonunuwho profile image53
    whonunuwhoposted 11 years ago

Hate has always been one of the most self-destructive characteristics of mankind. One would hope that love, the opposite of hate, would prevail, but this is not always the case, and it has been a testimonial over the centuries that hatred and its close ally, greed, were the downfall of many great civilizations. In this country of America, if we follow the precepts of our strong religions and our founding father's examples in their writing of the constitution, we will prevail. All we can do as a people is pray and hope that goodness will overcome evil, just as in the time of the fall of the iron curtain and a seemingly miraculous change in world affairs. There are prayerful results, and that may help see us through the worst of times.

14. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 11 years ago

I don't think so. I have this feeling that as the people are doing their darnedest to destroy each other through hatred there will be divine intervention which will put things to rights. May vote goes to the Lord. God bless.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)