Are there times when you want to write something, but you just can't since you a

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (27 posts)
  1. yougotme profile image91
    yougotmeposted 11 years ago

Are there times when you want to write something, but you just can't since you are extremely busy?

If yes, how do you deal with it? This is what I'm currently experiencing.

2. howlermunkey profile image74
    howlermunkeyposted 11 years ago

I'm right there with you. My suggestion, write a piece at a time. Get a topic, build an outline and piece it together over a matter of days.

3. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 11 years ago

Yes I do have that issue at times, but I schedule myself time during the day where I pick a project and write.  carry a little notebook or something with you so if you have a sudden idea or inspiration you can jot it down quickly and come back to it.

yougotmeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yup, I have a steno notebook with me where I jot down ideas popping through my mind. But, I always get stuck to that point. I can't find much time to develop the ideas I've jotted down. I guess, howlermunkey's suggestion might do the trick.

2. ChristinS profile image39
      ChristinSposted 11 years agoin reply to this

you can also try freewriting exercises - they are very effective for getting a lot of ideas out quickly which you can then go back and just reorder.

4. BlissfulWriter profile image71
    BlissfulWriterposted 11 years ago

Happens all the time.  I would just start to create a hub with title and a brief thought.  Then save as draft and come back to it later.  I have about 25 drafts like that waiting to be finished.

1. Cathleena Beams profile image77
      Cathleena Beamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I so get this Blissful Writer!  I have several started too and haven't finished anything lately since there is just too much going on right now.  Getting ready to go to the beach on vacation.  I'm planning to take lots of inspiring photos!  yikes)

5. profile image0
    topaz blueposted 11 years ago

Hello
    If you had a chance at other times you might be able to write more hubs to cover the times you are really busy?
    Many thanks
    Topaz Blue

6. ZIa Ahmed khan profile image37
    ZIa Ahmed khanposted 11 years ago

Yes this happens many times, even I make brief but could not write.

7. sirgeovan profile image55
    sirgeovanposted 11 years ago

Yes, there are times when you really like to write everyday but things get complicated.

You may be busy and sometimes you can't just write because of tired day.

8. Island Tropical profile image61
    Island Tropicalposted 11 years ago

Actually I always want to write something but I am extremely tired doing too much programming work but if Hubpages can at least let me earn 3 dollar a day then I will resume creating 3 hubs per week for Hubpages but so far no luck at all.

9. CJWood71 profile image83
    CJWood71posted 11 years ago

I have that problem all the time.  I have dozens of ideas that I have not had time to write yet and the list seems to grow daily.  I will write down the idea so that I do not forget it.  Once I am at home and have a title in mind I will begin a new hub and then work on it as I am able.  I think I have more unpublished hubs than I do published ones.

One positive I have found using this approach is that everytime I visit hubpages and see all those unfinished drafts it makes me try to find more time to write.

10. Tricia1000 profile image64
    Tricia1000posted 11 years ago

Yes, at the moment I am too busy at work but decided to perhaps work on one article per week to keep going.

11. algarveview profile image74
    algarveviewposted 11 years ago

I totally understand, I have work, I have also my home, I have my husband, my twins, I'm far from my family and then there is also the need for rest and some leisure time and also writing... The hours of the day are not enough... I just write on Hubpages and basically what I do is every little time I have free I write... very quickly, I do everything very quickly... since I have no time to do it otherwise... Also, when I wake up earlier than my family, which is often, I take that time to check out what's going on hubpages, read some hubs, check out new questions... But that's it... squeezing in writing in every 5 minutes free I may have.

12. Rosie writes profile image82
    Rosie writesposted 11 years ago

Yes, all the time.  I wish I could write for a living and quit my day job!  As far as dealing with it, I just write whenever I can and savor the moments.  Sometimes that means working on one article for a period of days or weeks - the way hubpages is designed, that is easy to do.

13. WorkAtHomeMums profile image86
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 11 years ago

All too often. I have notes galore on my phone plus hundreds of emails I send to myself as reminders. I have so many articles I want to write. Just not enough time. Some I thrash out in emails to myself in more detail as ideas for content come to me. Some I start a hub and keep it in draft whilst I research. Others are sitting in a long list of to dos that I cull every now and then. Sometimes an idea feels good at the time but looses impact if I let it rest.

14. newcalendar profile image60
    newcalendarposted 11 years ago

I do it by writing early in the morning about 6am so I can't get disturbed by anyone else and have a lot of half completed files lingering around, just cause you start em doesn't mean they need completing!

This seems to be a nice thing to. Sometimes, when it's silence, we become more productive.

15. The Dirt Farmer profile image89
    The Dirt Farmerposted 11 years ago

Absolutely! That's when I jot ideas down on scraps of paper--the backs of receipts, junk mail, whatever--and stuff them back into my purse. Later, when I have time, I look through the scraps & start writing.

16. Wayne Brown profile image80
    Wayne Brownposted 11 years ago

Yes...I think that happens to everyone who writes.  Sometimes it is just a case of being in the wrong place when the inspiration occurs...like waiting to board a flight and all the chaos that surrounds that process.  That urge should be driven by an inspiration...something that you saw, heard, or remembered...a word, a phrase, a picture...something is driving that need to write at that moment.  In that moment, you should be prepared to at least capture the essence of that inspiration.  Maybe a quick note on your phone or a small note pad carried in your pocket or purse.  Capture the relevance of the inspiration and that will allow you the time to get to a place where you can write and you do not have to fear of losing the moment.  WB

17. Aki Macropoulos profile image59
    Aki Macropoulosposted 11 years ago

That happens very often to me. That is why I wrote in 2 years only 9 hubs

18. hollytee profile image60
    hollyteeposted 11 years ago

I usually just scribble down notes on whatever extra paper is available so I make sure I don't lose the thought. Then when I finally have free time I work on it. I get my best creative writing ideas while I'm trying to make myself fall asleep! It sucks jumping up every ten minutes to flick a side light on and jot down notes!

19. Duchessoflilac1 profile image63
    Duchessoflilac1posted 11 years ago

No, I make time to write even if it is just to jot myself a note. If I don't, I will lose the train of thought.

20. drsohel profile image67
    drsohelposted 11 years ago

I've so many topics that I want to write about but I can't even write one article a month. Now I planned to write at least one article a week by managing some time regularly.... I wish I could do it at least....

21. Esrom Art profile image60
    Esrom Artposted 11 years ago

Yes, I was idle for several month writing on hubpages because of job overload and did not have time to write. But I use to write a note about what the idea that I will wrote later. The idea sometimes comes up in wrong time lol (when I was busy enough). In other times, when I have plenty time to write, I already have some good topic. That the way I face the busy situation. Writing is like a knife, I should use it regularly to keep it sharp, especially because English is not my mother tongue. Thanks.

22. SportsBetter profile image62
    SportsBetterposted 11 years ago

Yes all the time. I have a bunch of hub ideas, can't seem to find the time to write them. 

One day though, one day.

Haha! Same motto here. One day I'll write them all! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)