Are there any short story writers on hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (25 posts)
  1. callmelife profile image63
    callmelifeposted 11 years ago

Are there any short story writers on hubpages?

I would like to know about good short story writers on hubpages for a project I'm working on.

2. rjsadowski profile image70
    rjsadowskiposted 11 years ago

I am certaim that there are a lot of short story writers on HubPages. Go to Explore - Topics and keep going until you get to Short Stories. That will direct you to the Hubbers who write short stories. I write true short stories under the heading "Sad Stories" but you may be more interested in fiction.

3. juneaukid profile image71
    juneaukidposted 11 years ago

I've written a few that are either sci-fi or social satires  including "A Strange Switch" and "The Missing Panelist" and "Distant Drums of Wounded Knee." in 7 parts).

4. JayeWisdom profile image89
    JayeWisdomposted 11 years ago

There are many short story writers on HubPages. I am one of them (JayeWisdom); however, my hubs are a mixture of short stories, essays, articles and poems. You can search for short stories by looking in the Books, Literature and Writing--Books and Novels--Short Stories category. It will be up to you to decide which of the stories (and writers) are good.  That decision, of course, depends on your definition of "good" for the purpose of your project--whether the story-telling, the writing or both are most important.  By the way, what type of project is it that you're working on--something for school or another type? I'm interested.

JayeWisdom

5. Melovy profile image93
    Melovyposted 11 years ago

I write short stories and am very interested to know more about your project. (I have won prizes for a couple of my short stories and have a had a number of others published the traditional way so hopefully I count as "good" but that's subjective so hard to say.)

6. PDXKaraokeGuy profile image84
    PDXKaraokeGuyposted 11 years ago

I'm a short story writer with some short stories on hub pages, though I don't run first editions on here any more.

7. Becky Katz profile image80
    Becky Katzposted 11 years ago

There are bunches of short story writers. I have written several reviews of short stories. They are labeled 'Some of my Favorite Stories on HubPages.'

8. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 11 years ago

I do write short stories here on HubPages, but I'm not at liberty to say as to whether or not I'm "Good."  I actually have a Bachelor's in Creative Writing and have been sharing my works here for some time.  So with that said, you be the judge.

9. Matthew Weese profile image61
    Matthew Weeseposted 11 years ago

Yes, I have written a short story, and I have read quite a few. Hop Hubs you will find some.

10. sholland10 profile image83
    sholland10posted 11 years ago

I'm a short story writer.  Most of them have parental themes or dysfunctional family issues.  Good luck with your project! :-)

11. ROBERTHEWETTSR profile image67
    ROBERTHEWETTSRposted 11 years ago

I have a few, most are not on hubpages.  I can send you a file of my short story book.  It is titled Thunderfoot and features a Kentucky thoroughbred loaned to the Pony Express.  It's less than 50 pages and received a 5 star review rating from a professional reviewer service.

12. Sharminator profile image65
    Sharminatorposted 11 years ago

Yes me; I write Science fiction short stories. The Hellfire series, you can checkout samples of my story here. But if you want to read the full stories then you will have to buy them from www.amazon.co.uk/Christopher-Sharman/e/B00751DYE6 or .com if you are in America. Still I also have loads of documents about tech, ships, and other stuff to do with my work. Some good art work as well. Enjoy and I hope it helps with your project...

13. unvrso profile image84
    unvrsoposted 11 years ago

I have written a few short stories. The first time I kissed a girl; my motorcycle adventure; archeological sites; and the house in the forest.

14. johndnathan profile image74
    johndnathanposted 11 years ago

While I'm working on a novel I do write a lot of short stories.  Of course I usually have very weird and funny short stories, but then again every community needs the occasional weirdo to keep things interesting.  I found that since I now have an incentive to keep writing I'm more apt to stay on target and produce more in a shorter time.

15. callmelife profile image63
    callmelifeposted 11 years ago

Hey guys, thanks for your answers. I would love to collaborate with you guys on my next project. You can get the project details here - http://emotionsandchills.tumblr.com/

1. JayeWisdom profile image89
      JayeWisdomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, but I don't write in the horror or paranormal genres. Good luck with your project, anyway.

16. bernard.sinai profile image77
    bernard.sinaiposted 11 years ago
  17. Pennypines profile image59
    Pennypinesposted 11 years ago

I particularly like short stories, and have written a few.  Some of them are from actual experience, others are fiction based on historical fact. 
    One of them got quite a bit of attention by being read over Public Radio in their writers series.  I have not posted it on HUB pages but I think I will, hope you will enjoy it. 
    If you go to my page, you will find a couple of my short stories.

18. tlbliss profile image59
    tlblissposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7188472_f260.jpg

I have a series of short stories that I am working on now.  The Magic Diary series currently has 3 books and I am working on numbers 4 and 5 now.  If you want to check them out here is how you can find them...first and foremost, check my website at http://www.tlbliss.com and here are the links on Amazon...

Book One is "The Magic Diary"  a short story that you are sure to like as it lightens the heart and makes you realize things are not always as they seem.  Becky and Alex meet one day when Alex throws his baseball over the fence and has to go into Becky's yard to find it.  Alex does not believe Becky has a real magic diary until he writes in it.

Paperback:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/1479100722
    Kindle:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008W1EU9G

Book Two is "The Magic Diary – It’s Personal" which I was asked to add to the set since the main book is a magic diary.  This is a personal diary, complete with bookmarks to highlight your favorite entries.

Paperback:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/1479207292

Book Three is called "The Magic Diary - The Bully"  which shows how kids can work together to help a bully become a friend.

Kindle:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009363R1G 
    Paperback:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/1479207535

I hope you enjoy reading them and if you do, please let me know what you think.

19. HLKeeley profile image79
    HLKeeleyposted 9 years ago

I write Short Stories, but there are ways to find them by searching under Short Stories. Many authors on here are not exclusive to just one form of writing, so just read around. smile

20. Robert Sacchi profile image84
    Robert Sacchiposted 7 years ago

You may want to go to their Short Story section and check the Best list.  That would mean at least the HubPages editors think they are good short story writers.  Have you finished your project?

21. profile image0
    johnmariowposted 7 years ago

I write short stories. I enjoy writing. Been writing short stories since I was eleven years old. I've published two short stories on Hubpages.

22. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

I have published short stories in more than a dozen anthologies, have one anthology in my own name "Humanity's Edge", several novels published.
    I have published several short stories on Hubpages, too.
    If you are looking for submissions for any project, contact me.

23. Natalie Frank profile image92
    Natalie Frankposted 7 years ago

I'm a short story writer.  Have published in several print and online journals.  Send me a message if you'd like to know more.

24. brutishspoon profile image66
    brutishspoonposted 7 years ago

I'm a short story writer but have not really got anything on here at the moment.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)