Have you surpassed to 100,000 hub views mark yet?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (26 posts)
  1. CloudExplorer profile image75
    CloudExplorerposted 11 years ago

Have you surpassed to 100,000 hub views mark yet?

If you have surpassed it please explain how tough it was for you, the number of years it took, and or months, and if you can offer any advise for fellow hubbers to help them learn of how you were able to accomplish such an achievement, then please do add whatever you think will indeed make it happen for them.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6717169_f260.jpg

2. rfmoran profile image72
    rfmoranposted 11 years ago

This is a great question Mike, and caused me to realize that I am unable to do accurate statistics going back 7 months when I joined HP.
    My rounded numbers (after almost exactly 7 months are:
    Hubs - 69
    views this month with 3 days to go - 3,500
    total views ever - 14,000, which results in an average of 2,000 views per month, and would take me 43 months to hit 100K.

BUT WE KNOW THAT'S WRONG. If you write hubs with regularity your page views increase for each month going forward, simply because older hubs dig into the search engines. As noted my views so far this month are 3,500, not 2,000. With a trailing average of say 3 months, you can then project forward and have a good handle on where you're going. This is basic business planning..

So I can't answer the question and nobody can unless you have kept careful stats at the end of each month. It would be great if HP could provide us with a month by month report going backwards

1. Reality Bytes profile image75
      Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

On your "My Account" page, at the top of the list of hubs, there is a graph that shows the level of traffic received over your time at HP

2. CloudExplorer profile image75
      CloudExplorerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks RF, and yuo I believe Reality Bytes got it correct, I located that stats page that's carefully hidden as well. I do indeed like the way you broke down you info here, it goes to show how everyone has a very differing experience here for sure.

3. CrescentSkies profile image63
    CrescentSkiesposted 11 years ago

I haven't but I can give you a relative figure on my own statistics. I just passed the 10,000 mark in 6 months.

Wow that's pretty awesome for the actual number of published hubs you have on your profile there. Holycrap! Awesome job CrescentSkies.

4. Novel Treasure profile image87
    Novel Treasureposted 11 years ago

I am not quite there, but I think it is only a matter of a month or two and I will be there. That would put me at a little less than 2 years. But to be fair. The first year to 15 months I was not very active on hubpages and only did about 10 hubs and then left it alone. I just started back actively working on hubpages about 3 months ago and that is when I've really seen my efforts really take off. I wouldn't say it is tough, but it does take work.

Advice would be to actually read the Learning Center. I mean really read it. There is some really great information. Be active in the forums. Research your topic and proofread. View it in the eyes of a reader and not the writer. Would you read it all the way through? Is this something you would even be looking for information on? The best hubs that get the most traffic are ones that generally answer a question. Also, I would suggest promoting your hubs outside of the hubpages network. Use twitter, facebook, myspace, squidoo, and other forums you are active in to drive traffic to hubpages. You can't just write a hub and then expect it to get hits.

1. rfmoran profile image72
      rfmoranposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Novel Treasures comments here should be required reading for a new hubber, especially about the Learning Center - it's essential.

Thanks for providing such a useful answer, I've done much of that I think what I need to do is work on my titling of my hubs, and my grammar from the start as well, but I have learned much from your input. Awesome relevant info! Novel Treasure

5. lovebuglena profile image85
    lovebuglenaposted 11 years ago

I am about half way to reaching the 100,000 hub views mark. I think the more hubs a hubber publishes that rank high on the google search engine the more hub views he/she can accumulate. This requires great content and keywords people search for on a regular basis. And sharing the published hubs on facebook, twitter, google+, pinterest and other such sites will help as well.

Thanks for the cool answer Lovebunglena, yup yup I agree, content quality, keywords and networking all counts a great deal in terms of moving more hub traffic to our accounts here, you bet!

6. lrc7815 profile image81
    lrc7815posted 11 years ago

I won't live long enough to hit 100,000, I don't think.  I'm a newbie who has been here 4 months. I've written 91 hubs and I am just getting ready to hit 5,000 views.  I will say that as a newbie, I want to write good hubs so I've been spending a bit of time re-visiting my first hubs and since doing that, I've seen a remarkable increase in traffic.

Like Novel Treasure stated, its all about the Hubpages Learning center for sure, if you ever find time to give it a good eye, try it out, because it works wonders for sure. Good Luck! and thanks for such an honest answer.

7. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 11 years ago

I have 541,931, but I have been here almost 3 years. There are people that have accumulated many more than I have at that point. I working towards my first million. I hope it doesn't take 3 more years.

Thank you for providing the useful feedback, it definitely helps us newbies to get a better outlook and full scope, by seeing so many folks participate here in terms of useful advice as well as stats info. Cool beans & I hope you hit the Mil soon

2. lovebuglena profile image85
      lovebuglenaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

wow! Congrats! I have yet to reach my first 100,000 views mark. I am more active on Hub than I was when I first joined so things are looking up... Hope you reach your million soon...

8. somethgblue profile image71
    somethgblueposted 11 years ago

I'm currently sitting at 53,000 and climbing however rfmoran is correct when he writes that the more hubs you publish and the more that you learn about creating traffic as you go forward the more page views you get.

It won't take me a year to get there and at this rate I should surpass the 100K level before the end of the year, if not sooner.

I know another writer that started at the same time I did who writes about beauty tips and other foo-foo topics and she is well over that mark and climbing towards a million.

If you're here to make money pick topics that will get tons of page views, if you're here for other purposes then page views may not be relevant.

You are 100% correct Somethgblue, wow! there are some pretty interesting people who chose to answer this question. Cool stuff, I like your hubs many of the ones I read a while back that is, and you are right about RF's thoughts on web progression.

2. somethgblue profile image71
      somethgblueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for asking it because it gives us all a chance to see where and how we stack compared to other writers.

9. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 11 years ago

Yes, me too and I don't write that often anymore, but have been here 3 years - 4477,524 views.

1. rfmoran profile image72
      rfmoranposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pamela please check your number. It's missing a comma or two.

Wow! 4 million+ holycrap I'm impressed, that is quite astonishing indeed. Nice! figure Pam congrat's on establishing yourself here on hubpages, and achieving such awesome web success as well, I'm sure it is well deserved.

3. lovebuglena profile image85
      lovebuglenaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

wow! That's a lot of views in just three years. Quite impressive. smile

4. CloudExplorer profile image75

It might must have been a typo, but even 477,524 is still a grand achievement worth mentioning, and receiving high praise for accomplishing indeed. I'm currently approaching 73,000, one hub is pulling me up there though with close to 14,000 views.

10. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

I reached 100,000 views before my first year anniversary.  I am right around 800,000 views as of today.  Not being an expert, take my advice for what it is worth.

I have created my hubs to be relevant to each other, I create a web of links throughout my portfolio. My hubs all pretty much link to each other for the most part.  I have two groups that I use, I receive a fair amount of traffic from these internal links.  I have also received a substantial amount of traffic from social media (Facebook + Twitter), although I cannot tell what it is that motivates a user to share my hubs, I am grateful that they do.

Why it works, I do not know, but it does!

Impressive technique, I have done the same thing, but I broke up most of my hubs into groups under differing subjects. I have no clue how some hubs get much more traffic then others, they all are constructed about the same, when it comes to SEO.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)