Will the "Frankenstorm" be blamed for lack of voter turnout and the need to exte

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Inventurist profile image75
    Inventuristposted 11 years ago

Will the "Frankenstorm" be blamed for lack of voter turnout and the need to extend voting time?

Mr. Obama has blamed the sunamis, ATMs, Bush, everything but his own incompetence and lack of ability to deal with real problems. Will another natural disaster be what Mr. Obama blames for lack of votes and what kind of Executive Order will he sign to extend the vote or modify something in his favor.

2. profile image0
    huckelburyposted 11 years ago

The loser will blame something other than a rejection by the electorate. If not Sandy, then solar flares or a yeast infestation in Tasmania. It's the nature of the beast not to accept defeat gracefully . . . and candidly.

3. Wellnessinrva profile image60
    Wellnessinrvaposted 11 years ago

If there are power outages it could have an impact on voting stations.  Do you live on the east coast?  Hurricanes can take down power for weeks.  Election dates are set constitutionally and no executive order can change that.  Elections are managed locally as we saw in Florida; let's just hope that everyone is safe.

Inventuristposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I assure you I am keeping everyone in my prayers when it comes to their safety and effects of the storm. Mr. Obama has gone "extra-Constitutional" more than once - so what makes you feel that he wouldn't do it again!

2. Wellnessinrva profile image60
      Wellnessinrvaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Could you give me some examples of going "extra-Constitutional"?

3. My Esoteric profile image85
      My Esotericposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that would be interesting, the only times I have ever heard of a Pres going beyond what many thought was Constitutional authority was during time of war; Abraham Lincoln comes to mind with habeus corpus as does President Bush #2 with torture.

4. GusTheRedneck profile image61
    GusTheRedneckposted 11 years ago

More than likely. 

If voter turnout is greatly reduced, it wll be the northeastern states that will be impacted most. Those are "blue" states. That situation will cause the northeastern "reds" to have a greater impact on things PROVIDED that those "reds" persist better in the voting effort than do the northeastern state "blues."  That would be probable more so than would the converse.

No need to get all worried and bothered about that little problem. Simply vote for ME.  When elected, I promise things like pleasant weather, calm seas, smiles even on grouches, and gas-free baked beans.

Gus :-)))

1. My Esoteric profile image85

Gus, you haven't seen the MD elec system, you sneeze and 100 are without power.  I am glad I lived in VA where I did, the elec co seldom lost power, even in the worst of times. But, in other places, 3 days without power after a good blow, easy.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm voting for you, Gus...and would you please send me some of those baked beans...my husband is complaining again!

5. Skarlet profile image84
    Skarletposted 11 years ago

I sure hope not. The biggest white house scandal of my life time is unfolding right now. With my cousin in the military I believe that any American who  votes for Obama in is both a  fool, and slapping in the face those Navy Seals who gave their lives to save the Ambassador in Libya.

This white house knew that there was a terrorist attack unfolding on the anniversary of 9/11, and when the seals were told to "stand Down" three times. If they would have responded right away, the Ambassador would have been saved. The deaths of those men rests at the foot of the Obama administration.

It makes me sick to see people over look these facts because they like Obama and think he is cool. I wonder how those people would feel if their son were on of the dead who Obama ignored.

1. poetvix profile image56
      poetvixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen, Skarlet.  Amen!  Not only did our leaders know it was coming, they made a purposeful choice to abandon our own.  How can any American ever think they will do anything to defend our nation, our rights or our very lives?  They chose not to!

2. My Esoteric profile image85

and Skarlet, where did you come by that bit of highly classified material, your source in the CIA, Fox News, or Rush Limbaugh?  I suppose, Poetvix, you will next say, Obama helped plan this with the terrorists since he knew about it well in advance.

3. Skarlet profile image84
      Skarletposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@ My Esoteric- Absolutely pathetic that your main goal here is to attack Fox News and other media people who don't say the things that you want to hear. I guess you have not heard what Tyrone Woods father has said. Nice Job!

4. My Esoteric profile image85

Actually, I believe what I distill from multiple sources.  While I listen to very biased sources such as Fox news and MSNBC news, I rarely give them much credance.  If they happen to say the same thing, however, that I might start believing.

5. Skarlet profile image84

Perhaps U heard  Obama & Hilary claim that this was the fault of a guy making a movie & then change the story to terrorism. & then pretend that they never blamed a movie. Father of 1 of the murdered has said Hilary lied straight to him.

6. My Esoteric profile image85

I heard 1) a simult demo at embassy in Cairo because of film, 2) a pre-planned atk in Benghazi w/cover demo/words about the film, 3) US officials wrongly blaming the film, 4) Obama blaming terrorists the next day, 5) Romney interferring with a crisis

7. Skarlet profile image84

Romney never interfered w the crisis. That was David Axelrod attempting to shut up anyone who talked about it. BTW-REally? U heard Obama blame terrorists next day? I was watching a liberal station with my lib friends & we heard a movie.

8. GlendaGoodWitch profile image87
      GlendaGoodWitchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@Esoteric- Its a known fact that Obama blamed the video for quite some time. Even that moderator admitted it. I smell liberal bias.....

9. My Esoteric profile image85

Provide me the quote from the moderator, please.  I just watched the Obama UN speech and he never related the film with the Benghazi terrorist attack.  Further, the administration was on Congressional record 8 or 9 days later that it was terrorism.

10. Inventurist profile image75

My Eso, as an apologist for the President, you do a pretty good job. Shame you are so jaded. Loved around the world today? Sorry, been their then and now - wrong. Lied to daily, yes. Video was offered PRIOR to riots in Egypt! Video - 6X at UN. still

6. My Esoteric profile image85
    My Esotericposted 11 years ago

Is this similar to Rep Bachmann statement that "I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending."

I suppose you don't claim to know much about how government works given your comment about Executive Orders.

But in any case, I do blame Obama's competence for making up for Bush's incompetence in foreign affairs, domestic affairs, economic affairs, etc.  About the only thing Bush was better at was malapropisms.

My E, "Obama's competence," really? Where? Openly lying to the American people while we have 4 dead Americans in Libya? Bowing to Saudi Kings or leading from behind? We are hated world-wide and divided here more than ever. Obama lied, Americans Died!

2. My Esoteric profile image85

So, you believe getting NATO to do its job and being respectful to other cultures is a sign of incompetence?  I don't.  You have your tense wrong, we WERE hated world-wide, we no longer are, except by terrorist and their sympathizers.

3. Mr. Happy profile image71
      Mr. Happyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"We are hated world-wide" - I think You are being a little harsh on yourself Mr. Inventurist but You are somewhat right: the world has had enough of the American exceptionalism myth, of the United States trying to police the world and so on.

7. S Leretseh profile image61
    S Leretsehposted 11 years ago

Is God conspiring against Frank Marshall Davis, Jr (AKA Obama)?

8. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Are you admitting, then, that voter turnout is a problem or a potential problem?
    And are you also stating that if Sandy does cause the massive damage and blackouts that are predicted, it will only be Democrats who are kept home from the polls?

Admitting? I am waiting to hear if the president is going to blame the weather, go beyond his stated powers and do anything he can to win, legal or not!

9. chuckd7138 profile image71
    chuckd7138posted 11 years ago

I live a block from my polling place. I intend on walking there and back home. Albeit, I live in Tulsa, OK, and Hurricane Sandy won't be a factor here. Nonetheless, nothing is going to stop me from voting. Even a trifecta of a hurricane, tornado and earthquake won't stop me from walking to those polls. .... And if by the total off-chance that the New Black Panther Party is there and preventing me from voting for someone other than Obama, they'll get a hell out of a fight out of me.

1. Skarlet profile image84

Good for you chuckd7138. I hope you don't get into any trouble though.

10. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years ago

I have no doubt that one side or the other (whoever loses) will be screaming bloody murder that the storm ruined their chances of winning...and they may be right!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)