What does God's Grace mean to you?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image53
    graceinusposted 11 years ago

What does God's Grace mean to you?

Do we understand or under estimate the Grace of God? Is God's grace far more than what we think it is? What is all covered in His Grace?  God's grace is unmerited, unearned favor or pardon. But what exactly does this mean for all of us. Does one have grace if he/she have no faith?

2. cam8510 profile image92
    cam8510posted 11 years ago

God's grace to me means that the past is full of lessons learned, but no regrets, that today is a clean slate, an opportunity to be the best me I can possibly be and that helping others is better than pleasing myself.  If not for the grace of God, I would have neither the life nor the opportunities that lay before me now.  Even when I am faithless, He is faithful.

1. profile image53
      graceinusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

cam8510- thank you for your answer. I believe their needs to be a balance of grace and faith. Grace is what God shows towards man, faith is what man shows towards God.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

In my humble opinion, God's ultimate grace is when he sent his only begotten son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for all's sin, so that if we accept him his blood will cover us from iniquity forever. The blood is what allows God to look upon us as sinners. God no longer sees flesh, but a saved child and the blood of his son. God cannot look upon sin (the flesh) only our souls covered in the precious blood of Jesus Christ.

1. profile image53

JThomp42- thanks again for your answer and insight. The power of God''s grace through the blood of Christ Jesus,  in my opinion, goes far beyound our understanding. I ask you, what is more powerful than His grace?

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

There is nothing more powerful my friend.

3. profile image53

I agree.

4. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 11 years ago

To me....it means that I should strive to be graceful towards fellow human beings.  To observe and learn rather than judge and persecute.  One can not be graceful while sitting on a pedestal of self righteousness. A teardrop of grace is worth far more than a lifetime of sobbing pity for the world.  "Jesus wept," is the very heart of grace because he truly cared enough to cry.

1. profile image53

Tom Cornett- I agree with your answer. If God loves us so much that He extends His grace towards man, then it would be wise to show grace towards our fellow man. When Jesus wept, I'm sure your right,  it was tears of grace.

5. sherrituck profile image81
    sherrituckposted 11 years ago

God's grace means that I am forgiven.  I shouldn't be, but I am.  Nothing can stand in between God's love for me.

1. profile image53

sherrituck- I think you speak for all of us. And I every much thank you for that. With out God grace I would be in deep trouble. Our faith in His grace should bond us all together as His church.

6. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 11 years ago

Wow Graceinus, you got me good on this question. I have been pondering for awhile. The grin on my face just keeps getting bigger and better. I had not thought of this wonderful gift lately. It seems to me that everything I look at or consider while thinking of Grace becomes a thing of beauty. My past, my future and my present have a glow about them, as though each is a part of the gift.
    So I would say that to me, Grace is the lens that allows me to see as God sees. And in my faith that view is always Graceful and grateful. It reminds me of my favorite prayer - "Thank you".

great question friend

1. profile image53

Ericdierker- Many thanks "again". I believe God's grace is the only gift given to us through the blood of Christ that can null every evil in man. Nothing else even comes close. And with out His grace the New Testament would have no value.

7. workingmomwm profile image80
    workingmomwmposted 11 years ago

Boiled down, in a nutshell, here's what grace is: It is a blessing God gives us despite the fact that we do not deserve it because we have all sinned and fallen short of His glory (Romans 3:23). What we actually deserve is death, otherwise known as eternal separation from God (Romans 6:23).

Grace is freely given, but we can't receive it without having faith in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:8). God's grace is what makes salvation (eternal life with Him) possible for us. Faith is the channel from grace to salvation. 

That being said, God's grace probably is more than what we think it is (or even more than what we can really understand) because it is part of His character, and who can know the Lord's thoughts (Romans 11:34)?

1. profile image53

workingmomwm- I very much like your answer. It's my hope that many others will read it too.
      God bless

8. Cordelia Bay profile image60
    Cordelia Bayposted 11 years ago

Grace and mercy are a gift from God to each of us. There is nothing that we can actually do to earn His grace (with the exception of believing in and accepting His Son, Jesus Christ). I do believe that each individual has grace....but, doesn't always acknowledge it. And, I think it is far more than one can think or imagine.  Yes, I think many underestimate and do not understand God's grace. God's grace is to lead us....protect us and guide us.....however, if one does not recognize.....perceive or accept grace....how can one truly appreciate the gift? I believe all things are covered under grace....but, that does not give one the privilege or right to push the kindness of God and continue to do things that are unhealthy and known to be wrong in one's heart through one's convictions.

1. profile image53

Cordelia Bay- What is sad is that the whole world does not know about God's grace and it takes so little effort to find out.. The Gospel of grace, what a gift.

9. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

God's grace to me is a gentle pardon that acts as an ever-present safety net when I fall from his grace. Falling from his grace may not only be due to my intentional sin but it also refers to things falling upon me, i.e., a crisis, an illness, indecision, danger, accidents, etc. God's grace covers me in times that I don't expect or do not deserve. Grace is God's way of telling me, "it's okay, everything will be alright. As to   those who have no faith you ask? I think you have to have faith in order to be aware of and appreciate the gift of grace. However, God's grace is the unconditional love he has for all of us that he created. Have you ever heard the saying, "God takes care of fools and babes?" He's an all-inclusive God, in Jesus name :-)

1. profile image53

janshares- I like you example of grace like a safety net. Not because we might fall, but because we will. Great answer and many blessings. Please read my HUB title " His Last Act of Grace."

10. Little Grandmommy profile image59
    Little Grandmommyposted 11 years ago

God's grace, to me, means eternal life in heaven with Him, His son Jesus and those loved ones who have gone on before me.  It means forgiveness of sin when I fall short.  It means unconditional love even though I'm not perfect.

11. lostohanababy profile image56
    lostohanababyposted 9 years ago

You will always have God's Grace and Presence.  No matter, what you are doing and what you may be thinking.  God is spiritually, always next to you.  God gives us a lot of space to 'do our thing' most of the time.  But, when we really need his help and call on him, he follows through on his promise and helps you!  If you can 'believe' that 'he' is powerful, loving, and caring.  You are on the right path of understanding, what 'Faith' and 'God's Grace' is about.   God's Grace can be interpreted in many ways to the 'Believer' as Love, Joy, Hope, Courage, Blessings to 'all' that pray and worship him!  I'm not an expert, its just what I believe.

1. profile image53
      graceinusposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lostohanababy- If you take your bible and study the book of Romans it will provide a clearer understanding of God's grace through faith. Enjoy the study. God bless and thanks for your answer.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)