What is the one belief you feel most strongly about..?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (29 posts)
  1. windygreen profile image59
    windygreenposted 11 years ago

What is the one belief  you feel most strongly about..?

2. kittythedreamer profile image73
    kittythedreamerposted 11 years ago

We all come from the same place. The Universe is God and God is the Universe...the Divine can be seen in all things and in all beings. The Universal Truth is Love and Oneness.

3. savvydating profile image90
    savvydatingposted 11 years ago

That we treat our children with the dignity they deserve, so that they may grow up to become adults who understand their worth, and the worth others. Nothing disturbs me more than parents who disrespect their children.

1. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 11 years agoin reply to this

wow you hit that right on the button, yes parents who disrespect their children or use them for games of manipulation. That will be more understandable soon very soon. Or parents who want kids so bad but leave them and they do not become important

4. Seek-n-Find profile image71
    Seek-n-Findposted 11 years ago

Many---but I'm very passionate about freedom---but probably not quite the same context people think.  I feel like so many people believe the things they do, make the choices they make, and live lives of compromise because they live by "shoulds" and never live the life they were intended to live--they miss out on their destiny because fear, worry, and a whole bunch of things get in the way.  I want people to be free to know who they are and live the lives in which they are the best version of themselves.  :-)

5. krillco profile image87
    krillcoposted 11 years ago

Love is love, and not fade away. Once you decide to love someone, you never stop, even if you decide spending time with them is no longer healthy for you. I still love everyone I have ever loved. Love is what connects us to God. God is love.

1. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 11 years agoin reply to this

So true, if you have Love you have everything else. So many people are not love they are phoney and yet think by doing one thing or saying one thing false that God will not know. He knows all. Cant fool God

6. MarleneB profile image91
    MarleneBposted 11 years ago

I feel most strongly about my belief in the trinity - Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and God. I feel that out of everything in life, that is the one belief I will never let go of.

7. wayne barrett profile image72
    wayne barrettposted 11 years ago

I would have to say the unconditional love of all life. I believe this is the first and foremost element to enlightenment and evolution of all existence. Hatred is a disease. Love on the other hand is the greatest emotion, experience, and achievement possible.

8. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 11 years ago

A strong belief for me Is God, he is the creator and gave us all life. He gave us families to love and friends to enjoy. He gave us gifts to use wisely. However a lot of this is misused and manipulated. This does not sit well with me. It not only mocks God but insults him.

God gave us tools to stay in a good life/world and we are destroying that. So when so many people say where is God through trials and tribulations and why does he let some suffer. He doesnt, he is right here, he is only destroying what we are already doing. To rebuild, one has to destroy. God has shown this in the bible.

So with that said, I feel strongly about all respecting the earth/universe and especially God. I also believe that all his punishment is justified.

9. tsmog profile image86
    tsmogposted 11 years ago

I believe in You more than in me. From the movie, 'Brian's Song,' about Gayle Sayers a fooball legend and his friend and team mate Brian Piccolo, who died of cancer at a young age, "God is First, My Friends are Second, and I am Third."

1. connorj profile image69
      connorjposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Such wisdom is not common...

10. SidKemp profile image85
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

For me, the belief that beliefs are not important.
    I believe not in beliefs, but in states of mind - purity of mind - freedom from judgment and limiting ideas - unconditional love, harmlessness, a desire that all be well and wonderful for everyone and for every living and non-living thing.

I love everyone, but that is not about belief. That is love in action, and the dance of life. And I know people like this of every type of belief - every religion, and also athiests, agnostics, and scientists.

11. phillippeengel profile image83
    phillippeengelposted 11 years ago

I believe in stopping the indifference towards the world and life in general, and promote the act of thinking critically and broadly about both national and global affairs without sacrificing good grades in the examinations. I believe in joining movements to change the world - one mind, one heart, one step at a time.

12. krishnnaa profile image39
    krishnnaaposted 11 years ago

god, GOD, GOD,and i am believe in god who is the Generator, Observer and Destroyer

13. ercramer36 profile image90
    ercramer36posted 11 years ago

That Jesus Christ is King of Kings and Lord of Lords and willingly died in my place and rose again three days later.  Also that Jesus is the only way to the Father (John 14:6)

14. Ashamalie profile image68
    Ashamalieposted 11 years ago

That everyone and everything everywhere is all connected.  Every living thing, every object man made or out of nature has its own energy and as we interact we become more connected.  To those people and things around us.

15. dghbrh profile image81
    dghbrhposted 11 years ago

The one belief that everything in our life is not in our hand always. God is the ultimate truth, love and peace. God is where we start and God is where we would conclude.......this is the strongest believe i feel about.
    Thank you.

Yes, this can be difficult to accept; yet when you do such peacefulness manifests...

16. profile image0
    Lizam1posted 11 years ago

That every person (including you and me) deserves to be treated with dignity and respect and to know they are loved just the way they are.

17. vagabond mystic profile image67
    vagabond mysticposted 11 years ago

I most strongly believe in a higher power that created us , rather it was out of boredom , loneliness or out of love , this is the question only ,  HE / SHE or CREATOR can answer . As for myself , I believe we were created and sent out to create and bring back to ( creator ) self and enjoy multiple experiences at once , versus one at a time . I believe our Creator / God Self is nothing but love as we are mirrored in his image . 

PEACE , LOVE and LIGHT
                                        JOY TO ALL and ALL is ONE

Vagabond Mystic

18. sunkentreasure profile image67
    sunkentreasureposted 11 years ago

THE GREATNESS OF JESUS By BERNARD LEVINE

The most influential life

ever to have lived on this earth

The greatest love this world has known

The central fulfilment

of hundreds of Bible prophecies

The leading key figure of humanity

Jesus is unique

He walked on water

He raised the dead

He opened blind eyes

He brought us eternal life

Only through His blood

can we be pardoned

Only through His name

can we receive God's power

Only through His life

can we find victory

Lord Jesus

We love and worship you.

19. Gabriel Wilson profile image90
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 11 years ago

I believe you should treat others the way you want them to treat you. Imagine how wonderful the world would be if we all did that smile

20. Globetrekkermel profile image63
    Globetrekkermelposted 11 years ago

I believe that there are no accidents in the Universe- a phrase I read.I believe that all we need in this world physically had been handled and  taken cared of and we have nothing to worry about.That's a little hard  to understand if you only see the totality of the world in all its shams and broken dreams as portayed by the media and popular press.Negativity is what we get fed on by the media, and it is unfortunate because there is a lot of positivity floating around.We are not just trained to believe it or if we do believe it, we still have doubts to its validity.We have the press to be thankful for that because ,very seldom they do publish articles that are postitive in nature.Just look at the news , somebody killed someone, violence everywhere,  all negative news about the government,the economy, etc etc. They completely forgot that with a single act of violence, there are also a million acts of kindness. IT IS A TWISTED ,TWISTED WORLD. I tell you.

21. wabond profile image56
    wabondposted 11 years ago

Men do a really terrible job in ruling the world, creating a world of conflict, war and poverty. I believe women can do a far better job in ruling our world as on the whole, they are far more caring people than men.

22. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 11 years ago

My believe in the Lord Jesus Christ is my strongest conviction and belief.

23. coleikerd profile image82
    coleikerdposted 11 years ago

Perspective.

Perspective is our map of the world. Our own perspectives are what we use to decide our path. Everything everyone believes is from their own perspective.

Often difference in belief comes down to simple perspective. God, gods, the universe, source energy, star stuff. Our origins are considered something greater than us by religions and science alike. It's the perspective that gets in the way.

Often when people fight, the fight would be resolved if the right perspective was shared. Almost every argument I have witnessed has been due some key information that wasn't understood by both parties. Once that information was cleared up, the problem was solved.

The general rule is that everyone want's the same things. We just don't agree on how to get there. And perspective is often the key.

This is a brilliant response...

2. coleikerd profile image82
      coleikerdposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)