If you had one last phone call...

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (27 posts)
  1. windygreen profile image60
    windygreenposted 11 years ago

If you had one last phone call...

You are in a plane .. going down... you pull out your phone... who do you call and what do you say?

2. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 11 years ago

I would call my son and tell him I love him and be the best.

3. THEmikeLO profile image60
    THEmikeLOposted 11 years ago

Without a doubt I would call my parents and tell them that I love them.

4. RogerSanchezJr profile image60
    RogerSanchezJrposted 11 years ago

I would call my wife and let her know that I love her and will always in her heart.  To take care of the kids and let the kids know that I'll be looking down at them in Heaven.

5. Lastheart profile image67
    Lastheartposted 11 years ago

My kids, mother and my husband would have a conference call, giving them thanks for being in my life and that God is our Lord.

6. Born2care2001 profile image71
    Born2care2001posted 11 years ago

No question...my wife. I ask her to call the insurance agent to insure all premium payments are current. Then I tell her I love her. I ask her to enjoy life, be happy and know that she will always be loved! Oh, and give the dog and cats a kiss for me!

7. Jen Card profile image59
    Jen Cardposted 11 years ago

I would call my son and daughter and tell them I love them, to know as I have taught them that all will be ok...that some how I would get a sign to them I am home again. To know I will always be watching over them.  Kiss my Grandson and live happy with no regrets!

8. wildove5 profile image75
    wildove5posted 11 years ago

Wow that actually is a tuff one, I wouldn't want the ones I didn't call to feel hurt that I didn't pick them.  But, I'd probably call my daughter, then again she's twenty and most of the time her phone is dead or out of reach and she'd probably miss the call. So, I'd hang up and call my boyfriend. Tell him I loved him, tell him to love again,  take care of my daughter and grandson, tell my family and friends I love them, don't cry for me,  In a few minutes I will be with my mother!  Great question!

9. Mr. Happy profile image70
    Mr. Happyposted 11 years ago

Not calling anyone - I generally do not say "goodbyes" (for many reasons). C'est la vie, if that was my luck.

Who's a lone Wolf to call anyway lol

1. Born2care2001 profile image71
      Born2care2001posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Knowing you, Mr. Happy, you'd be writing about the descent! I'd really like to hear that story! (metaphorically speaking, of course)

2. Mr. Happy profile image70
      Mr. Happyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are actually very right, Mr. Born2care: I would probably pull out my notebook and write a journal entry LOL
      Cheers! :  )

10. aravindb1982 profile image77
    aravindb1982posted 11 years ago

There are some whom I asked this question and they wanted to log in to Facebook and change their status to "Dead"! smile

Shows how deep rooted a virtual life has become....

windygreenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

wow .. so true!

2. Mr. Happy profile image70
      Mr. Happyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

At least they realize that without the physical body their Facebook account would not work ... haha

11. Seek-n-Find profile image70
    Seek-n-Findposted 11 years ago

Conference call--maybe a group text--then I can tell lots of people not to worry, I'm having a blast in heaven.  :-)  If I had to choose one, my husband.  I'd tell him to keep doing the dishes.  No--I wouldn't say that.  I'd tell him I love him, of course.  And I'd tell him not to be too jealous of the amazing journey I'm about to embark upon.  Not that I want to die in an airplane or before my time--have a lot to do in this life--but I am EXCITED about the afterlife!  I've been researching what it will be like for over a year for a book I'm writing about it.  It's like the world's best vacation times a million--all expenses paid.  Yes please!

1. Born2care2001 profile image71

I'm fascinated by your answer. Please let us know when the book is done. I would interested in your perspective. This is hypothetical though: what if there is no afterlife...just a continuation of one life in a different dimension?

2. wildove5 profile image75
      wildove5posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just finished reading " heaven is for real,"  I'm sure you've heard of it.  I believe in an after life, specifically a heaven.  I too do not have death wish but look forward to doing some amazing traveling, Hawaii, Alaska, Africa. It'll be amazing!

3. Born2care2001 profile image71

Thank you Wildlove5, Todd Burpo's book is on my list. I don't want to appear obtuse but suppose eternity begins now, not later? Suppose the afterlife can happen before crossing over? Is it possible we are experiencing the connection now? Why wait?

4. Seek-n-Find profile image70
      Seek-n-Findposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The "Eternal Now"-the great both/and.  Eternity is now and it is later.  Heave is a place to go but the Kingdom exists in the here and now.  Our bodies our on this earth intersecting eternity but when we are released from out bodies we shift realms.

12. ii3rittles profile image78
    ii3rittlesposted 11 years ago

I would probably call my husband and tell him that I love him and to continue living life and being happy for me when I am gone.

13. C.V.Rajan profile image60
    C.V.Rajanposted 11 years ago

I will call my wife and tell her: "My life is going to end soon. Let me tell one truth about you at least now. You are horrible. I never loved you. All the "I love you"s I have told all these years are utter lies"

Ha ha!! Howzzzat?

wow .  I would not wait untl the unavoidable end-  I would tell her right now . and go out into the world and find what makes you happy.  Life is too short and fragile to be miserable. Not to mention, if you are that miserable, chances are she is too

2. C.V.Rajan profile image60
      C.V.Rajanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Windygreen,
      She would be doubly happy. One, I won't be around any more and two, all my insurance amount will be hers!

14. padmendra profile image49
    padmendraposted 11 years ago

The last time, the last minute is most shortest and the precious time when one would like to speak lot to their loved ones and would find it hard to choose one of the most important.
    The most chosen thing one would prefer that they would express their utmost and selfless love for the one they loved the most in the world.
    Those last words would be true from the core of the heart and would reach its destination to the other heart with pain.
    If get a chance to speak the last words than my last words would be to the one I can never forget even after my soul rests in heaven,my words would come to the person with pain and the desire incomplete that I would love to continue what I left undone and shower my love to him/her,when i again come back to the world only for you.

15. JimTxMiller profile image75
    JimTxMillerposted 11 years ago

No one. I hate telephones. Hate talking on them.

your always good for a suprise answer my friend smile.

16. connorj profile image69
    connorjposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7744240_f260.jpg

Excellent question, Immediately I would call my Better-Half, Kate and ask her to quickly create a conference call with our children. After that, I would let all know that soon I will be passing-on, (that) I love them so much and (that) I will be doing my utmost to assist them in their endeavors from the other-side.
    I would then mention that there is no reason to be sad, depressed, or to feel sorry for me because I am not afraid and that although my journey is ending here; I am embarking on another one and that I would be in communication with them primarily by those subtle happenstances/coincidences that will indeed occur as their journey continues. I would ask them to stay alert because there will be many subtle clues that our world is not completely disconnected from the hidden world, and that  this hidden world is the one I will soon be in...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)