What if...? The words of this song came to my mind.

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)
  1. blessedp profile image79
    blessedpposted 11 years ago

What if...?

The words of this song came to my mind.

What if God is unhappy with our praise?
    What if God is unhappy with the way we live?
    What if He is not pleased with the way we give?
    What if he takes away His love and His Spirit from above?

Does your living pleases Him?

2. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 11 years ago

I gave up worrying about trying to please God everyday. It only leads to unfulfilled manmade religious efforts that leads to miserry. Much better to just get on with life, love ourselves for who we are, and live in accordance with our good consciences. If God has a problem with us, he'll sort it out if he feels like it; we don't need to go looking for imperfections in ourselves.

Anyway he won't take away his love because his love endures forever.

blessedpposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Disappearinghead, if we adhere to God's word there would be no need to worry about pleasing Him. God does not look at religion He looks at the heart of man. True, His love endures forever. Thanks for your comment.

3. Born Again 05 profile image78
    Born Again 05posted 11 years ago

There is nothing you can do that will make God love you any less or any more than He does. We love Him because He first loved us! The Holy Spirit that indwells each believer guides our steps provided that we follow His will. Listening to Him surely pleases our Heavenly Father.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are you suggesting that the one who said will never leave us or forsake us, will actually forsake us if we don't meet certain conditions?

2. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Disappearinghead
      What Paul quoted in Hebrews 13:5 Was actually words coming from God and spoken of by Moses to Israel. They were not words God gave to you nor to me.

Deuteronomy 31:1,8

4. RealityTalk profile image61
    RealityTalkposted 11 years ago

I choose not to worry what anyone thinks.  I am not perfect at this endeavor, but that is my philosophy.  I try to live a good life.  First caring for my wife and children, then my extended family, then friends, then neighbors and then everyone else.  I do not mean to "rate" people, but that is the reality of how most of us think.  My wife and children are the center of my world.

I do not believe in the god of any known organized religion, but I do believe in love, non-violence, patience, concern and caring for loved ones and people I may never meet.  I believe if a god exists and that god is as loving as claimed by organized religion, god will love indiscriminately - whether his existence is acknowledged or not - as long as one tries to live a good life of caring and concern for others and a respect for all living things as well as life itself.

1. profile image0

As soon as we put any qualities upon Divinity we limit the Source-of-All. A Merciful Divinity does not have the Righteous severity of being just. A Divinity which is limited cannot be the Ultimate Divinity
      Don't limit God

2. yupperclub profile image60
      yupperclubposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think you do believe in God and don't realize it.  You need not believe in godz or gods, but the One Powerful Almighty is One who guides along the path you are already taking.

5. GwennyOh profile image89
    GwennyOhposted 11 years ago

I feel that living up to my own standards of what I need to do is most important.  We all know, without needing to be sermonized, what our requirements as spiritual beings consist of. 

I don't concern myself with disappointing higher power.  I know my judgements are sound.

blessedpposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@GwennyOh we all have our own personal beliefs and choices. But one who doesn't believe in the higher powers that be wouldn't truly understand.  Thanks for your comment.

6. yupperclub profile image60
    yupperclubposted 11 years ago

Think of God as your BEST FRIEND and not your MASTER.  If you look at it that way, I'm sure if you make a mistake, He'll help you in His own way.  God has a way of giving guidance.  Things happen.  You'll wonder why, but trust you are being lead in the right direction.  Do the best you can...no one is GOD.  He does not EXPECT perfection from His little human beans.  You're just a Bean!  Think He's not going to watch out for your most bestest growth?  When you reach "Being" is only when God will let you try things on your own a little.  But MIND YOU, He'll be watching!

7. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 11 years ago

I tend to agree with the writings of Neale Donald Walsch in his book, 'What God Wants.'  Neale wrote a series of best selling books and, in particular, a trio called 'Conversations with God' Books One, Two and Three.   These books were taken down via Automatic Writing, something I'm also able to do - so I believe in its verity as a source.   

So what does, Neale's message from God read as to what He/She/It wants of us.  Well, if you turn to the page which tells us specifically you find that it is BLANK.   And deliberately blank.  For God wants nothing of us, nothing at all.   Any wanting is done by parts of our own selves, it seems.   And, no, we don't have to please Him/Her/It at all.

8. c mark walker profile image60
    c mark walkerposted 11 years ago

I believe in the Bible verse 1 John 4:8 Whoever does not  love does not know God for God is love.
    When we get caught up in philosophy,theology, and religion then history enters in to the equation and we shudder at the thought of God's vengeance. If God is love there is no vindictive omnipresent dictator because then "God" would be an oxymoron.
    All of you know about writing and how easy it is the inject personal opinions into your works. Ancient man did the same thing portraying God as a destroyer when the author felt it suited his needs. If God is love,God is not vengeful.
    Jesus said in John 15:17 Love each other,I command you. If we are commanded to love each other then we cannot hate each other and God being "love" cannot hate us......I hope this is true. I do worry about the question your posing because of that fear of God instilled in us all since our education began but I pray that God is love.

9. local connection profile image70
    local connectionposted 11 years ago

I believe that God is ever-patient, and does not jump to judge with any given moment.  Humans explore, and our deepest intentions are understood by him.  Maybe we shouldn't worry so much about if we are pleasing him or not.  If we are at peace with this, it is much more likely that we will be happy and enjoy our life experiences with others as opposed to creating the tension that could lead to hurting others around us.

1. yupperclub profile image60

God is not a "patient" - He does not "Judge."  Beliefs and actions are Freedom of Choice and Freedom of Action and Movement.  That's YOUR decision - Nothing to do with God at all.  You better believe he passes by your soul and reads your mind.

10. Andy McGuire profile image72
    Andy McGuireposted 11 years ago

I don't think God gives much thought to it. Here's an even more haunting question: What if we were God's (failed) prototype and he moved on to another part of the universe and created a much better human race?

1. yupperclub profile image60

Very possible...I believe He was about to...God always has the option of re-doing an experiment should one fail...He can move on to the next.  But He waits for the ENTIRE experiment to run its course before He abandons His promises.

2. profile image0

I believe there were others before us. Look at Genesis 1:28
      And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
      The word "replenish" hints at it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)