Do you think it is weird to eat ice cream during Winter?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (25 posts)
  1. leroy64 profile image63
    leroy64posted 10 years ago

Do you think it is weird to  eat ice cream during Winter?

When winter hits Dallas, only a few weeks, I like to eat ice cream outside, in the cold.  Some of my friends find this weird.   I do appreciate ice cream during summer, spring, and fall.  (Okay, I just like the treat, especially vanilla.)  I like to eat the ice cream on a cold day, preferably with temperatures  below freezing.

2. sarahmoose profile image66
    sarahmooseposted 10 years ago

I don't think it's weird to eat it in winter, I probably wouldn't stand outside in the cold to do it though! Vanilla ice cream melting over hot apply pie after a Sunday roast is one of my favourite treats, whatever the time of year!!

3. ryanjhoe profile image55
    ryanjhoeposted 10 years ago

For me, I don't think eating ice cream during winter is weird. Sometimes I feel want to eat ice cream even though in a cold day like when rainy day. There is no winter season in the place where I live (I live in tropical area where we mostly have sunny days) but if I live in a place that have winter season, perhaps I will eat ice cream if I want it but I never think it is weird.

4. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 10 years ago

I don't think it is weird at all.  I like ice cream all year long.  My favorites is Chocolate and Butter Pecan.

5. gags3480 profile image60
    gags3480posted 10 years ago

Not at all. In fact it's very common. I have seen many doing it (Including me) in winters.

6. Dreamhowl profile image94
    Dreamhowlposted 10 years ago

I may not stand outside when I eat it, but I love ice cream all year round.

7. suzzycue profile image87
    suzzycueposted 10 years ago

Great idea. I love vanilla ice-cream. Summer, winter fall who cares?

8. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 10 years ago

Not at all. I always love eating ice cream in the winter. That's the perfect time to chow down on sweet cold treats.

9. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 10 years ago

No, it is the best time to eat ice cream. When I was a child we would make ice cream out of the snow.

10. sjkhan profile image59
    sjkhanposted 10 years ago

weird??? not at all! I love eating ice cream in winters.

11. SRae profile image73
    SRaeposted 10 years ago

Not me!! "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream" lol smile
    Some people rush to the store for bread, milk, eggs or other staples before a forcasted snow storm. Me? I've been known to go just for ice cream

1. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

SRae...LOL.....I love your comment.  As a fellow I.C. freak......My freezer has 2 or 3 flavors stocked, AT ALL TIMES.  If there's no room for much else....Oh well!

12. nArchuleta profile image73
    nArchuletaposted 10 years ago

Yes, it is weird. However, sometimes you have to get your freak on. For example, this week Colorado FINALLY crawled into the 80s (It snowed 10 days ago), so I decided to celebrate by slaving over the stove making extra-cheesy queso mac -- a very winter-friendly food. Hey, when you've got the craving, go with it!

13. profile image60
    ElleBeeposted 10 years ago

Not at all.  Then again, I'm from New England.  We eat like 80% of the icecream consumed in the entire country or something crazy like that, and drink iced coffee in below freezing temperatures all the time.

14. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 10 years ago

No more or less than I think it's weird to eat soup, during summer.

15. Nicole Danielle profile image54
    Nicole Danielleposted 10 years ago

It probably is weird but If I'm craving Ice Cream i'm going to get some! I've went out in 30-40 degree weather and went to Dairy Queen for a Blizzard... yeah I'm a bit crazy for that I guess haha. Especially since it just make my body temperature even colder. tongue

16. connorj profile image69
    connorjposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8159692_f260.jpg

By definition the word, weird means: Of a strikingly odd or unusual character; rather strange. Thus, it probably cannot be "weird" to eat ice cream in the cold. Per capita, Alaskans eat more ice cream then any other peoples in any other state in our union... I understand that indeed Alaskans may cram or binge - eat during their brief summer yet I know otherwise; they eat ice cream year-round...

17. PersonalLists profile image58
    PersonalListsposted 10 years ago

In my opinion you can eat ice cream every day and every season. I like to eat ice cream whenever I can. Even in the deepest of the winter, although I might not be standing outside because I don't want to turn my toes into Ice Cream big_smile

18. Toytasting profile image61
    Toytastingposted 10 years ago

I enjoy eating ice cream every time. It doesn't matter it is summers or winters.

19. Seeker7 profile image81
    Seeker7posted 10 years ago

I don't care if it's weird or not, I love  ice cream and eat it all year round!! To add though, given the usual weather in Scotland where I live, if we were all to wait for glorious summer days before eating ice cream we wouldn't be eating much of it!

20. The Examiner-1 profile image59
    The Examiner-1posted 10 years ago

Not if you have room in your freezer and can take the cold food with the cold weather. I usually do not have room in the freezer because I make space for warmer food due to the fact that my house holds cold air so much. It is basically colder inside than outside.

21. epbooks profile image81
    epbooksposted 10 years ago

Nope.  It might be a little cold, but if you're in the mood for it, eat it! Just like in the summer it's okay to eat a hot meal every once in a while!

22. IDONO profile image59
    IDONOposted 10 years ago

You know, in the winter, nothing dries me out worse than my furnace running and nothing feels better than a bowl of Pierre's root beer float ice cream, sliding down my parched throat, getting a little chill, then getting under my electric blanket for the night. I sleep like a baby. A little slice of heaven, just 1 scoop away. Can you feel me????????

23. skperdon profile image81
    skperdonposted 10 years ago

Not at all, I find that ice cream tastes better in the winter. There are so many ways to eat ice cream in the winter.

24. kingofthisage profile image55
    kingofthisageposted 10 years ago

it's not wierd. If you like it, why not eat it. ice cream tastes the same good during winter or summer, so that's okay.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)