How many of you earn over a dollar a day ?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (56 posts)
  1. alikhan3 profile image93
    alikhan3posted 10 years ago

How many of you earn over a dollar a day ?

2. mintinfo profile image63
    mintinfoposted 10 years ago

That has only happened a few times to my account. I suspect the ones who do will not be interested in sharing their secrets but social exposure has a lot to do with it. One needs to dedicate a lot of time and effort in that area in order to achieve a dollar a day.

1. the clean life profile image71
      the clean lifeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have over 400 hubs and only make between 25 to 60 cents per day. Wish I knew how to make more with my hubs.

2. OldRoses profile image93
      OldRosesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Clean Life, you need to be on social media like Twitter and Facebook, advertising your hubs.  You also need to be reading and commenting on hubs.  That will drive people to your hubs.

3. internpete profile image86
      internpeteposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I only have about 35 hubs and earn between 50 cents and a dollar every day. I don't do any promotional work for my hubs anymore, and get the majority of my traffic from search engines. Proper keyword and topic research is vital for getting traffic.

4. JayeWisdom profile image89
      JayeWisdomposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If hub traffic was dependent on social networking, I'd be "up the creek without a paddle." I don't do Facebook or Twitter!  I think it comes down to quality writing about topics people want to read.

5. JayeWisdom profile image89

Mark (the clean life) - I checked out your profile page and saw the large number of niche hubs you have about a very important topic I'm surprised you aren't making more from your writing efforts. Networking with the right organizations may help.

3. AUPADHYAY profile image57
    AUPADHYAYposted 10 years ago

At least I am not in this queue, because it's my hard and bitter experience in earning a single amount on HP.

1. AUPADHYAY profile image57
      AUPADHYAYposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Dear OldRoses, I have my facebook, twitter, pinterest and linkedin accounts associated with HP. At least 45 viewers are viewing my pages daily, I have written more than 180 (all featured) hubs which are viewed at least 5K times.

4. padmendra profile image49
    padmendraposted 10 years ago

It happened with me only once. Now  my  earning on Hubpages is not more than 5 to 7 dollars in a month.

5. internpete profile image86
    internpeteposted 10 years ago

On Hubpages I used to make over a dollar a day very consistently. But over the last few months with the various traffic problems that have gone on, I have focused more on Adense and my own blogs. I now make over 10 dollars a day very consistently. The key is to keep working at it, and develop articles that get traffic. Write for the reader, not for yourself. At least, that's what I try to do usually.

1. the clean life profile image71
      the clean lifeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

internpete, I just switched over to Google adsense and shut of HP ads to see if I make more that way. I did this before and wind up going back to HP ads. My blog always has GA running but still not getting enough traffic to make any money

2. internpete profile image86
      internpeteposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, traffic is key for earning money from adsense. Ranking in Google is really the key.

6. Ms Dee profile image86
    Ms Deeposted 10 years ago

I also used to make over 2 dollars a day very consistently. But over the last few months with the various traffic problems that have gone on with HubPages, it is now less that $1.

7. angela_michelle profile image93
    angela_michelleposted 10 years ago

I usually do, on a rare occasion it dips below the dollar mark, but almost always receive more than a dollar a day. It is lower in the last couple months, but still maintains above a dollar.

8. jainismus profile image73
    jainismusposted 10 years ago

I earn up to 10-12 US Dollars per day from online writing. I expect more in coming days.

Everybody can do it, if you are serious about it and give a lot of time. It is time consuming process. But if you have to earn, you have to give time, like any other business or profession.

1. JayeWisdom profile image89

I'm not surprised you earn well because you're so prolific (182 hubs) and write about a variety of interesting topics. I'm so far behind you with number of hubs. You inspire me to write more....Jaye

9. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 10 years ago

I earn over this amount consistently on HP. I have 250 hubs, but have deleted around 175 hubs since the "big changes" occurred on this site. I have found the most important thing is to find that one topic that will bring readers consistently to your hubs. Pinterest has been a great site for me to do this, I would highly suggest this site to everyone. Making this amount is not easily done, but not impossible.

JT - You're another very prolific writer (250 hubs and 175 deleted--WOW!) who deservedly earns on HP. I could probably earn a lot more than I do if I published more hubs. I spread my energy in many different directions.

10. Frankly My Dear profile image82
    Frankly My Dearposted 10 years ago

I make over a dollar a day pretty consistently, but my hubs are recipes, so I think I get a little more traffic because a wide variety of people cook, versus hubs that focus on a certain topic that appeals to a smaller group of people. I don't think you need to do a ton of work advertising your hub (I pin mine to pinterest once and share it on Facebook once and that's it).  If your content appeals to a wide range of people, and if your topic is on something that people do a lot, the traffic will come.

11. Jlbowden profile image86
    Jlbowdenposted 10 years ago

I can tell you that it's not enough of us who are earning more then a buck a day. But with a little more hard work & persistence comes a little more CENTS, each and every day.  (;

12. cfin profile image65
    cfinposted 10 years ago

I used to earn close to $2 a day, now I earn about 25c if I'm lucky hmm

1. alikhan3 profile image93
      alikhan3posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Looks like the panda updates wrecked you

13. profile image54
    mcxniftycallsposted 10 years ago

I was getting $6-$7 a day couple of month before with my 52 hubs but now getting $3-4 a day having 85 hubs.
    CPM is dropped to 50% from last 2 months.

I was curious about how you formerly earned so much with only 52 hubs, but checked out your profile page. You have a popular niche!

2. cfin profile image65
      cfinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Has been banned?

14. Lorne Hemmerling profile image85
    Lorne Hemmerlingposted 10 years ago

I have never made over a dollar. I have been posting on Bubblews (the site that everyone is talking about, and rightly so, the payout is huge), but I don't like the look of my work. I am very anal about that. Plus, they did not honour two payouts, and no explanation. I have come back to HubPages. My score has reached 98. It has never been that high before. They have added 'editor's choice' to three of my hubs. That has never happened before. The daily payments increased for a few days, then leveled off again at a lower rate with the same amount of views. It is frustrating to say the least, but I will persevere.

Lorne, I looked at your hubs and can't understand why you aren't earning more on HP from search engine users with your guitar lessons niche. I just scanned a few, but they look good. Maybe you could tweak the titles. Good luck! Jaye

15. carol7777 profile image76
    carol7777posted 10 years ago

I have been writing for Hub over a year. One month I averaged over 1.00 a day other wise not.  I do wonder how many do ...in reality.

16. Bishop55 profile image87
    Bishop55posted 10 years ago

I seem to hover just under or at $1.  I'd like to be at $300 a month, but that goal is way out there at this point.  When starting here, I made .67 cents in the entire first month.  It's hard to earn money on hubpages.  I don't have many followers either, and I try to post a lot on pinterest and twitter (which seems to help traffic), I also include my link to HP on outgoing email messages in my signature, and probably annoy people with posting links in forums on other sites I write in, it seems to me that SEO is hard and getting traffic is hard.  It's all still a learning experience.  I suppose it always will be.

17. Learn Things Web profile image91
    Learn Things Webposted 10 years ago

I used to make $3 to $4 dollars a day with both ad revenue and amazon. That's gone down to about $2 a day with Google changes for the last few months. I also have a blog and Youtube videos. But the bulk of what I make comes from Hubpages. I hope things will pick up again.

1. Sue Bailey profile image67
      Sue Baileyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I also used to make at least $2 per day then it started steadily dropping and at one point a few weeks ago it dropped to $0.17. The last couple of days it's gone up to between $0.50 and $0.88 per day so hopefully it will continue to go up.

2. JayeWisdom profile image89

Have you gone back through your existing hubs and reviewed them to ensure they're up-to-date and error-free? A bit of editing may be all you need to bring your earnings back to where they were.

18. liesl5858 profile image84
    liesl5858posted 10 years ago

I wish for that day to come, earning 1 dollar a day is grand I think. I only earn about 5, 10, 14, 17, 20, 27, 28, 30, 33, or 40 cents a day. So far 40 cents is the highest amount I have earned with 32 hubs.

19. davidlivermore profile image92
    davidlivermoreposted 10 years ago

I came here to write, not to earn money.

If people are so obsessed about earning money on here, perhaps they should find a job or work longer hours.  I can work one hour of overtime at my current job and earn far more than I do on HP.

I wanted the money too, but the time and effort isn't really worth it unless you enjoy doing it.  And I have enjoyed my time here.  I plan to stop writing and focus on a blog and other things once I reach 100 hubs.

Should be for fun and some extra spending money, not a viable income.

1. Bishop55 profile image87
      Bishop55posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I came to write too, because I enjoy it.  The income if any, is a perk to doing something I already enjoy.

20. Johnrr631992 profile image85
    Johnrr631992posted 10 years ago

I average 2-3 dollars per day at the moment. Last year at this time I had around 4K views a day and was averaging 5-8 dollars per day, but this is going to be a big couple of months for me and should be able to get my account back above 10 dollars a day next month.

You have an interesting featured article about how your earnings increased on HP.

2. Johnrr631992 profile image85
      Johnrr631992posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I wanted to show people the realistic side of the earnings as many users who get successful on here are touchy on showing their statistics and seem to get annoyed, But I feel it helps newcomers see real stats from a normal publisher.

21. bac2basics profile image85
    bac2basicsposted 10 years ago

I was hitting the dollar a day mark quite a few months ago, but now have dropped to just cents per day, it´s very disheartening and this is reflected in the amount of people who I follow and are no longer publishing hubs , or very rarely. My earnings to date this month are just 3.75. Not the dream I had in mind when I started writing online.

22. Dr. Haddox profile image59
    Dr. Haddoxposted 10 years ago

My life is an interesting life that is disconnected from the normal concept of earning a living. Some days I do not earn anything (that is $0.00). One may ask, "Then how do you survive?" I can assure you, "I do survive." My needs are met, I eat, I have clothes to wear and I have a roof over my head. One may ask, "Are you happy?" My answer to that, "Is anyone really happy, or do one just think that they are happy?" "Is anyone ever really happy?" One can convince one's self of anything.
    Yes, some days I do not earn even a dollar, but doing what I do gives me a sense of purpose in life and it gives meaning to a reason for existing.
    This may not be what you are looking for, in the very general question that you asked "How many of you earn over a dollar a day?" I say that the question is a general one, but many may see it as very specific. After all, I could have just answered the question, "Not I!" But I wanted to give you some things to think about, concerning my lifestyle, character and spirituality.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

1. Dr. Haddox profile image59
      Dr. Haddoxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am very happy to be selected as having the best answer. I hope that all readers of this answer appreciate my sincerity and willingness to help all hubbers learn from my pass experiences. As we go, let's continue to do our best to give as we write.

23. JayeWisdom profile image89
    JayeWisdomposted 10 years ago

I joined HubPages about 2 1/2 years ago. Unlike many newbies, I added hubs slowly, a combination of content articles, essays and creative writing. I currently have 54 active hubs, all featured. (I unpublished 23 other fiction hubs in order to do something else with that material.)

It took me a year to reach my first payout of slightly over $50.  After that, my earnings increased every month until I reached a monthly payout of $118 in September, 2012.  Then came "Black October" last year, when a combination of changes by Google and HubPages caused my traffic and earnings to plunge. Earnings were erratic for several months, then began decreasing. At no time after my first payout did I earn less than $1 per day; however, I wanted to get back to the earning level I had with fewer hubs in September 2012.

Last month, after a dismal payout that wasn't much more than my first one, I began cleaning up my hubs--re-reading and editing them as needed to meet the high standards expected by both HP and Google. I'm still not through with that task, but already it's paying off. My traffic shot up significantly, and with it, my earnings are increasing. As I continue to polish my existing hubs and add new ones that adhere to the HP standards, I fully expect my earnings to go beyond my highest-to-date payout of one year ago.

I write for the enjoyment of writing, but--that said--there's no reason why I can't enjoy what I write and earn something for it as well. In addition to having some "evergreen" hubs to earn passive income (and checking them periodically to ensure they are still up-to-date), I cannot emphasize too strongly that writing well is key. 

I happen to be one of those odd people who really likes the proper use of English grammar. I enjoy punctuation. I'm an excellent speller. I have an editing background, so I proofread and edit my own work. Believe, me, if I wasn't comfortable with my writing and editing skills, I'd reach out for help.

Anyone who wants free lessons in how to write well need only read those published almost daily by HubPages own "billybuc" (Bill Holland), a former teacher. I try to never miss Bill's writing lessons. Even when he writes about something I already know, his clever and often humorous hubs remind me to put those methods to use.  Writing well--whether to publish on HubPages or elsewhere--is really what sets any writer ahead of the pack.

This may be more than you wanted to know with your question, but I thought an explanation might be helpful.

Regards,
    Jaye

1. enzo7 profile image60
      enzo7posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jaye, amazing story. I sincerely hope you'd succeed further!

By the way, I don't think you're 1 of the few who loves English grammar. I love proofreading & I hope people wouldn't find too many errors in my future hubs! smile

24. Imogen French profile image85
    Imogen Frenchposted 10 years ago

it's happened on a few odd days in the past, but I have not been very involved here lately, it's been a while since I wrote any new hubs - so at the moment I'm lucky if I earn a dollar a week in passive income

25. WiccanSage profile image91
    WiccanSageposted 10 years ago

On hub pages I don't earn anything. I just like to write about a topic on which I'm passionate.

I write for enough clients every week who pay me... but I always have to write what they want to say. I earn my money from them.

26. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 10 years ago

I am slowly on its verge. Hope to reach this milestone within one month. It is the first mile stone of earning that one dollar a day, they two, three and like the way.

27. epbooks profile image81
    epbooksposted 10 years ago

I haven't hit that mark yet, but it would definitely be nice!

28. CelebrateUSA profile image76
    CelebrateUSAposted 10 years ago

I earn over a dollar a day on this hub and a couple of others. I like to keep my content consistent and I am always seeking to improve my hubs and market my hubs. I don't do it for the money, I do it for the satisfaction of sharing. I love the community here and have my online scrapbook of memories, photos and most importantly, my fellow Hubbers. Thank you for listening.

29. ChitrangadaSharan profile image89
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 10 years ago

Over a dollar in a day!
    Sounds exciting, but it has not happened with me. Its only cents adding up but its okay. May be in future it will happen, because I can read many success stories here.

30. profile image0
    KenDeanAgudoposted 10 years ago

I earn 2-3 dollars in bubblews but I often get paid, some exploitation scheme there. But I hope they will be doing some solution. Besides I still trust bubblews, I am still pending in adsense. I will be applying again this coming month.

31. Penny G profile image60
    Penny Gposted 9 years ago

I earn 120.97 a day. In my line of work out of 50 states My state is 50 that means 49 states make more than me doing what I do. UGGGGGG!!! I sounds OK but the salary does fit the just. I send lots of money on others who need things, otherwise it would be plenty for me.

32. Novel Treasure profile image87
    Novel Treasureposted 9 years ago

I have been earning over a dollar a day for quite some time now. When I first started, I set mini goals for myself. One of those being the $1.00 a day mark. It's intensely gratifying to reach your goals. I also set a competitive goal to earn more the next month. I consistently increase my earnings each month on average about 6 out of 8 months. I can't retire yet, but I feel like if I continue with my mini goals I will get there. Happy Hubbing!

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's a wonderful idea that you set a mini goal.  On earning I too have set the very goal and hopeful of achieving this soon.  Each year year on my anniversary here with HP, I do take some resolution and do some hard work to achieve my goals.

33. Elsie Hagley profile image70
    Elsie Hagleyposted 9 years ago

Here's my answer 13 months later from the last comment.
    I was earning more than a dollar a day until about April 2014, but it has been dropping slowing in the last few months until about three months ago it is now working out about $10 a month, especially bad the last two months..

34. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 9 years ago

Does anyone know if it is against HP Terms of Service to discuss earnings? I thought it was, but perhaps I'm wrong.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)