Many people have seen a movie more than once. What is the movie you have seen th

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Daisy Mariposa profile image74
    Daisy Mariposaposted 10 years ago

Many people have seen a movie more than once. What is the movie you have seen the most times?

How many times have you seen the movie? Why do you like it? Who are the stars in it?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7482838_f260.jpg

2. suzettenaples profile image88
    suzettenaplesposted 10 years ago

"The Sound of Music."  I have lost count on how many times I have seen this movie, but I watch it every Christmas season on TV.  It is such a charming movie, the setting is beautiful and one of my favorite places on earth, and the music I just love and sing along with the songs.  Of course the stars are Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer.  I have visited Saltzburg about five or six times and have been to the house and gazebo used in the film twice.  It is one of the most lovely scenes to see with the house on the lake.

1. Daisy Mariposa profile image74
      Daisy Mariposaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I attended a viewing of the movie at the Hollywood Bowl in California a few years ago, It was a sing-along event, with many thousand people singing the songs as the movie was shown.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

My all time favorite film is "RoboCop," which I've seen probably two dozen times over the years. It's a really kick-ass action flick with some seriously black comedy shot through it and I never get tired of it.

When I was in college I was big into the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" cult following thing, so I probably saw that one several dozen times (either in a theater or on video) over the space of two years. I haven't seen it in a very long time now though, cuz I kinda burnt myself out on it.

Other favorites that I have re-visited many times include the first three "Star Wars" films, the Indiana Jones series, several James Bond installments, "Airplane" and "The Rock."

1. quicksand profile image83
      quicksandposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I've been having the DVD of that movie for a long time but never watched it. Now that you kinda 'recommended' it I shall watch it when time permits. Cheers!

4. quicksand profile image83
    quicksandposted 10 years ago

It's "The Sound Of Music" here as well. Watched it twice at the first screening, and once more at the second. After I grew up I had the opportunity of watching this film many more times, and I did. The Swiss alps, the music, and the kids featured in the movie has a deep hypnotic effect on children. Even as the years advance this 'hypnotic effect' does not diminish.

Of course there was another movie which I watched a countless number of times and would gladly watch again. Clint Eastwood produced and directed it. He also starred in it! It was (and is) "FireFox." It's about a Russian built MIG capable of cruising at Mach-5. Eastwood (Major Gant) is given the assignment of stealing it from its hangar in Russia and bringing it back to USA!

5. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 10 years ago

There are too many movies I have seen numerous times.  Some I watch over and over, even if it's only been weeks since i saw it last.  All depends on my mood and what else is on that might be interesting. 
    Funny thing is, I don't mind seeing a movie numerous times, if i really like it.  It seems you can always pick up on something you may have missed the first 6 times!!LOL...
    "Overboard," with Goldie Hawn & Kurt Russell is definitely one...and my husband, I think, had watched "Braveheart" 20 times in a year!  Too bloody for me.  I like the comedies......"Wedding Crashers," "The Hangover", and I can watch Classics forever.....love the Classic Channel....anything with Marilyn Monroe or Cary Grant......my all-time favorite, "Arsenic & Old Lace!"

1. DeborahNeyens profile image95
      DeborahNeyensposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I love "Overboard." I forgot about that one.

6. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 10 years ago

GI Jane.  I love that movie.  I've seen it more than 10 times and I think the plot and overall theme of the movie is great for empowering not just women but anyone overcoming an unlikely obstacle.  HOWEVER, because I have children, I have watched Cinderella over 25 times (yes I have counted!) and I love Gus Gus.  He's my hero.

7. PurvisBobbi44 profile image91
    PurvisBobbi44posted 10 years ago

Sweet Home Alabama for one and any movie from the novels of Janette Oke of Loves Comes Softly Series and the director is Michael Landon, Jr.

8. Alphadogg16 profile image87
    Alphadogg16posted 10 years ago

Any time you have children there are going to be a plethora of movies that you see on multiple occasions.I'm some what of a sci-fi geek and my son followed suit, so Star Wars 1 through 6, I seen each of them equally a couple hundred times and will still watch them again.

9. manatita44 profile image73
    manatita44posted 10 years ago

Nice question.
    I saw the Sound of Music, with Christopher Plummer and Julie Andrews many times. The story is beautiful and it is full of strong emotions also.

I saw Spartacus with Kirk Douglas, and Gladiator, Crowe, about the same amount of times. Passion, love, justice and injustice, as well as  dauntless courage in the face of difficult odds.

Benhur with Charlton Heston seems never to get dull, and it is also full of passion and carries the thread of inspiration even unto the end.

10. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 10 years ago

Over Christmas I watched all three A Christmas Carol movies - the original with Alastair Sim, a modern version with Patrick Stewart and the animated Jim Carey film. I just love the story and having directed the play many times I'm always interested in the contrasting approaches to the book.

Jason and the Argonauts is another favourite, for the adventure and special effects. I've seen this a dozen or more times.

My Beautiful Laundrette is another great film. This starred a young Daniel Day Lewis - on his debut I think.

11. lone77star profile image74
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

I have seen many movies more than once. I like a good story. I like stories that are uplifting. And I like finely-crafted works of art.

I have seen more upbeat movies than any other type. More of them are on my repeat viewing list, but the one I've seen more than any other is Das Boot, starring a number of German actors. The star -- the ship's captain, played by Jurgen Prochnow -- made the switch to Hollywood and has starred in many American movies since then. I loved the story telling and the beautiful way the movie team (including the actors) and especially the music, helped to captivate me with the story of men struggling to stay alive on a German U-boat.

I've not only seen the Hollywood version, but the German language version and the original 6-hour miniseries from which the movie was cut. On count alone, I've seen this movie in various versions about a dozen times.

Second on my list is Star Wars. When I saw that spaceship go overhead while sitting in Graumann's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, I thought I had gone to heaven.

Third is What Dreams May Come. A  beautiful tale of love, heartache, death, redemption and reincarnation.

12. Silva Hayes profile image78
    Silva Hayesposted 10 years ago

I've watched "Erin Brockovich" at least 20 times, starring Julia Roberts and Albert Finney.  There are lots of great one liners spoken by Ed Masry played by Albert Finney.  Storming out of a meeting after Erin showed  attitude and defensiveness because she hadn't attended law school, her boss, Ed, says, "Law school?  At this point, I'd settle for Charm school."

I've probably watched "Toy Story" and "Toy Story 2" over 100 times, with my granddaughters.  I love the story lines and I admire Randy Newman's musical talent.   

I've also watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy many times.  Orlando Bloom's character Legolas is my favorite, followed by Craig Parker's character Haldir. 

I've also watched "The Breakfast Club" several times, starring Molly Ringwald and Emilio Estevez.

13. adguru profile image58
    adguruposted 10 years ago

Men In Black 2...The action + Comedy combination is just awesome...it always makes me smile

14. Sunshine625 profile image85
    Sunshine625posted 10 years ago

It's close between Titanic and Crash. I'm going to say I saw Crash more. It's not just a movie, it teaches the viewers a few important lessons on the "real world." The stars include Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillion, Ludacris, Terrance Howard, Don Chealde...I could go on and on. The movie didn't get rave reviews, but I sure appreciate it and would watch it at least  another 15 times!

15. vocalcoach profile image92
    vocalcoachposted 10 years ago

I'm dating myself, but "Gone With The Wind" is a film I never tire of.  Starring Clark Gable and Vivian Leigh as victims of the Civil War, the famous phrase "Frankly my dear, I don't give a dam" still rings true today.

16. profile image61
    ethanevansposted 10 years ago

I have seen 'The Dark knight rises' many times. People watch some movies most times because something in that film inspires them. They get motivated from from it. That's why they watched it the most times.

17. CWanamaker profile image93
    CWanamakerposted 10 years ago

Since I have young children at home, I have seen many Disney Movies over and over again. But the movie that has to top my list is "The 5th Element."  I have seen that movie more times than I can count.  I love that movie.

18. braincandy profile image74
    braincandyposted 10 years ago

The Wizard of Oz and The Sound of Music!

19. DeborahNeyens profile image95
    DeborahNeyensposted 10 years ago

I'm a sucker for romantic comedies. I've seen "When Harry Met Sally" and "You've Got Mail" many times each. Oh, and "Moonstruck." I actually went to see that one several times in the theater years ago. I now own the DVD.

1. Silva Hayes profile image78
      Silva Hayesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

"Snap Out of It!"  I loved that line from Cher.

20. JayeWisdom profile image89
    JayeWisdomposted 10 years ago

I saw the original ROCKY movie with Sylvester Stallone and Talia Shire (1976) about seven or eight times. I was fascinated by the account that Stallone wrote the screenplay in only a few days and shopped it to the movies studios with the proviso that he would play the lead. His was a rags-to-riches story that rivaled the movie's plot. The movie--including the musical score--was great, too. Who can forget Rocky Balboa before he became famous?

The movie MOONSTRUCK was made after ROCKY, and it became my absolute favorite--still is. The premise of the movie--that family, in the end, is most important--resonated with me. The casting was (in my opinion) perfect, and I loved the music. I wore out the video, then bought the DVD.  I watched the movie at least once a year, sometimes more.  I've never heard anyone else claim to like this movie as much as I do!

Jaye

21. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 10 years ago

The movie I saw about five times is "The Horse Whisperer" with Robert Redford and Kristin Scott Thomas. I love stories about horses, and both actors are among my favorites

22. Globetrekkermel profile image64
    Globetrekkermelposted 10 years ago

PRETTY WOMAN ! I love Richard Gere and Julia roberts there. I must have watched that movie 100 times, no kidding.LOL!

23. teaches12345 profile image79
    teaches12345posted 10 years ago

Because my hubby and I watch movies together most of the time, the Star War series is the most watched.  Myself, it is a toss between Baby Boom (5 times)  and You've Got Mail (7 times).  I love these two movies because it is about women who are strong in character and determined to make things work for out for them.

24. profile image51
    JimCelesteposted 10 years ago

Although I love catching comfort food movies like Silence of the Lambs, Fargo, Dances with Wolves, and will finish them off whenever they are on, the movie that I have seen more than all of them is Happy Gilmore. It is stupid, insane, and ridiculous. It is the perfectly structured movie, and it has the ideal mix of elements: hero's journey, great villain, and light parody. It didn't deserve an oscar, or a 5 star rating, but it is always there for me like a cup of mac and cheese, or ramen noodles. I know it is bad for me but the instant gratification overrides good taste every time. And lest we forget Ben Stiller? The defense rests.

25. Eric Calderwood profile image79
    Eric Calderwoodposted 10 years ago

The movie I have seen the most times is probably Throw Momma From The Train. I haven't counted how many times I've watched it, but I would guess about 15 times. I like it not only because it is a zany comedy but also because it is a story about a struggling writer. The main stars in it are Billy Crystal, Danny DeVito, and Anne Ramsey.

26. tom yam profile image61
    tom yamposted 9 years ago

Dumb and Dumber . I used to watch it over and over with my youngest daughter. We knew the entire script from start to finish. Sometimes we would act out conversations at the dinner table. My wife thought we were crazy.  Happy days !

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)