Better traffic and better CTR - Are you doing this ?

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (80 posts)
  1. Ronaldos profile image60
    Ronaldosposted 14 years ago

Hi hubbers. Although there might be many of you already doing this, i would still like to share my personal experience with you guys. After a month of joining hubpages, i thought of trying something different. This is what i experienced:

Instead of writing hubs that are more 'internationally' targetted, i decided to open a second account. This account i use to write ONLY about the city which i live in. This way, my hubs are more targetted, i get more traffic and a higher CTR. I dont have to play in a big pool anymore. The competition is also lower.

I still use my other account as well, and its also doing good ! Since that is more internationally focussed, it take more work and time.

If you want to try it, simply go do some keyword research on which ever city or town you live in, and Voila ! there is so much to write about. i know this might be random, but just thought i'd share this with all of you !

let me know what you think !

1. O B One profile image61
      O B Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well focus is good and essential.You never know what might just click.Innovative thinking is the key to generate traffic.When you find your hub topic is not doing well rethink and innovate.

Happy hubbing... smile

Ronaldosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. That is what i been doing !

2. bipolar girl profile image60
      bipolar girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

do u make  money from it lol

1. arun kuruvilla profile image74
        arun kuruvillaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes..just crossed $1.(in first 4 weeks - is that bad?)

The aim is to make that your daily Minimum LOL

2. Ronaldos profile image60

Yes, ever since i have implemented this, my adsense and traffic has gone up ! I have written a hub on this though !

Anyone ?

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kind of. I have written about a small town in my county, and had a few half decent clicks from it. I intend to extend it to other towns around that area.... so in a way, yes I have targetted a local market.

Cool, makes me feel better to know im not the only one. At first i thought i was weird, but hey, this really does work. No HARD competition and what not. I am going to focus on only Cape Town, and then move on to the surrounding cities, before coverinf SOuth Africa. That a good idea?

2. profile image49
      PirateGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I agree, it is a good idea !

3. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

That's great idea. Thanks.

Youre welcome ! Trust me, the pool is way smaller and the competition is lower.

4. ssstock profile image60
    ssstockposted 14 years ago

I am a little confused. Are you researching keywords that include your city or town? Is there anyway you could explain the process a little. I think this is a fantastic idea to lower competition. I live in Chicago so I would definitely still have the traffic aspect.

Its very simple. I found my initial HP account, (Internationally targetted), to get fewer CTR and lower traffic due to the high volume of competition. If you for example, live in Illinois, Chicago, use a keyword research tool and see what you find. All you strat off with is typing your city in the box and see what it kicks out. There is so much to write, trust me ! You will have lower competition and higher CTR.

5. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i'm also confused. i am just wondering why a second account is needed...why can't you just use the same account but write some locally targeted hubs? p.s. this is actually the first time i have considered another account because it sounds so good smile

There are many people using multiple acocunts here, just more than 80% of them dont use it for this purpose. Its just a little "experiment" i have tried and it works. MAke it about your city/town. Go national and local smile

6. kowings profile image60
    kowingsposted 14 years ago

I just wrote a locally targeted hub, as you suggested. Thanks for the idea. We'll see how it goes.

7. Sophia Heresford profile image69
    Sophia Heresfordposted 14 years ago

This is a good idea.

Thanks for the tip.

Sophia

8. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

I'm with cosette - can you give a little more inof on what kinds of hubs...pretty please?
    Things like Best places to eat in... Or best place to buy a winter coat in...  ? smile

9. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

I don't see any real benefit in opening a separate account to do this. 

You can group all your locally-focussed Hubs and even write a Capstone-type Hub as an index.  Very few paying visitors use your profile as a base to browse from.

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second this.

1. anjalichugh profile image68
        anjalichughposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep! Me too.

10. tdarby profile image59
    tdarbyposted 14 years ago

Seems to be a good idea if that is what you are shooting for.  Me, I would rather work really hard to get to the top of a big giant pool.

11. rumbling profile image49
    rumblingposted 14 years ago

I have also published some hubs specific to my country , which is Sri Lanka so I don't have much trouble ranking for them. There isn't big internet audience here so it doesn't bring much traffic but it is targeted.

12. blaise25 profile image75
    blaise25posted 14 years ago

got the idea...but what about with Adsense? I mean, did you use separate account, too?

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can only have one Adsense account, but you can use it on any number of accounts.

BTW did Angelina give you permission to use her picture?

1. blaise25 profile image75
        blaise25posted 14 years agoin reply to this

nope but i wish she could lol

2. blaise25 profile image75
        blaise25posted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the reply. BTW changed my profile pic already... ;p

1. J-ART profile image60
          J-ARTposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yah, I was a little confused about that... I was thinking 'angelina' who?

Nope, you just stick your adsense publisher id on your second account. You canuse it on a 100 accounts if you want lol

13. futurenetads profile image59
    futurenetadsposted 14 years ago

its very good idea ......keep going

Maybe i should write a hub about this? Give hubbers everything they need ?

14. Ronaldos profile image60

If you guys think i should write a hub on this 'idea' and give you better insight of what and how to do this, please let me know.

15. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I think it's a great idea and writting a hub about it is also a good idea.

Very well, i will surely write a hub on this to elaborate ! Hopefully this helps more hubbers with higher traffic and CTR

16. Csjun89 profile image60
    Csjun89posted 14 years ago

I was wondering
    Is making more than one account okay with the Hubpages Terms and Conditions?

If it is, i was thinking of making another account too!

Yes you are allowed multiple accounts

17. ssstock profile image60
    ssstockposted 14 years ago

Yes! A hub on this would be excellent.

18. Roffi Grandiosa profile image59
    Roffi Grandiosaposted 14 years ago

you don't have to have 2 accounts and you could write anything (as long as we follow the HP guideline).

What matters is the topic you discuss. If you get more specific (where there are less competition), then traffic should always come!

19. Ronaldos profile image60

In my personal opinion, i think having a set of 2 account is more helpfull and disables confusion etc. Its also more organized.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84

I organise my Hubs by using the Groups function. I'm up to 90 Hubs now and still very manageable.  People like Relache, Whitney05 and Maddie Ruud seem to be manage very successfully with one account, too.

People are different. As i said, my PERSONAL opinion ! To me, i feel it is more organized. I see it as: Account 1 - Internationally targetted, Account 2 - Locally targeted. Just saying, it works for me. I wrote a hub on how this actually helped my CTR and traffic.

20. visitmaniac profile image59
    visitmaniacposted 14 years ago

Very true, Going after easier more targeted keywords while they might not get as many searches your likelihood of having your hub page at the top of the list as the first result is much greater. If you do a search for internet marketing you will land yourself stats like these...
    Internet Marketing **Google**
    137,000,000 Results
    With only 1,500,000 searches a month that's not even enough searches to cover how many web pages there are for this topic. and if you wanted to get on the first page your competition looks like this....
    2,805 pages and over 9,100 backlinks
    not counting on page factors and how old the domain is etc.

Now looking at something like building a shed
    Although we are looking at 12,500,000 and about 11,000 total searches monthly your first page competition placement is much easier! Around
    20 backlinks and 5 pages but with hub pages your have the entire support of hubs network behind ya wink Just a little secret there for you for those that did not know.

TOTALLY agree ! I been implementing this about a month ago and the results are amazing ! Maybe i can retire soon lol.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84

Fair enough, but there's still no need to open a separate account to do that.  Not saying there is anything wrong with multiple accounts if that's what you want to do, but some of the newbies reading this might get that impression.

21. ScottJStone profile image60
    ScottJStoneposted 14 years ago

This sounds like a really interesting idea.  I think, as a very new member to HP, that I will try this with my next hub!!

22. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Sounds like you stirred up a lot of people with this suggestion.

~thranax~

23. arun kuruvilla profile image74
    arun kuruvillaposted 14 years ago

yaa..its very difficult to hold your score on two-three accounts.I cant even manage one!

24. pisco profile image61
    piscoposted 14 years ago

I would do this also, but the main issue is that i would have to write in portuguese, and hubpages does not support that, maybe i should just "adopt" another city smile.

Either way it is a good ideia, it has always been an issue to target smaller niches as the big ones still are very tempting.

1. arun kuruvilla profile image74
      arun kuruvillaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

same problem.I would have to write in malayalam(kerala-India).Hope there will be a day when the whole world speaks the same language.

English is a international language ! Start there !

25. Georgina_writes profile image79
    Georgina_writesposted 14 years ago

Great, I have been writing one or two very local hubs, but wasn't sure if I was on the right track.  This makes me feel much better, so I'll continue.

Great stuff ! Just go for it !

26. Georgina_writes profile image79

Great, I have been writing one or two very local hubs, but wasn't sure if I was on the right track.  This makes me feel much better, so I'll continue.

27. Ronaldos profile image60

Any success Hubbers ?

28. Georgina_writes profile image79

I'm also having a 'slow start'.  I think I've made around $5 so far, but you just have to keep working on those hubs I guess - keep improving.

Great stuff. After starting with this idea up to now, (A month later), and im showing pretty impresive results. I have written a hub on the whole process and how i did all this though. Keep going strong. It pays off !

29. Gemsong profile image63
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

I think this is a great idea. I live in Richmond Virginia and it's heavy on the history stuff. Time to start interviewing some of the native born.

Great stuff ! This is why i am busy getting up the ladder.

1. Gemsong profile image63
        Gemsongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I'm on the bottom rung at the moment.

GO FOR IT ALREADY smile

Can't. Gotta get ready for work. And then when I home I have to spend time researching what CTRs are and how to use them. Not to mention learning how to use keywords. So there! tongue

K well... Good Luck !

Hehehehehe. *cackles maniacally*

30. Cranoo profile image61
    Cranooposted 14 years ago

I generally just write about what I like and what I think people want to know about.

Don't focus too much on the search engine formulas. Although it does help, writing well is much better than earning money and sounding like a robot wrote it with the the latest word people are searching for every second sentence.

Nope, thats usually people that smothers their hubs with all these high paying keywords. My idea is working for me and i am happy. There are many people following this today. My hubs are just well organized and monetized to the way i want it.

31. Gemsong profile image63

Have you written the hub about this yet? I want to see it when I get home tonight. wink

Yes i have.

You will find it very simple and usefull. I have it on my other account, so feel free to search rynaldos. Its the higher adsense traffic and CTR hub. Let me know what you think.

32. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

I careless hehehe, just love to write hehehe if it earns then its good otherwise i feel good too...

33. Rehma Jamshed profile image60
    Rehma Jamshedposted 14 years ago

What a great idea. I will try local now!! Thanks for sharing!!

You are welcome. Keep me up to date with your progress.

34. Gemsong profile image63

My brain hurts.

35. Gemsong profile image63

Wish me luck. I posted my first local hub. After two day of mind numbing research.

Gak.

1. glendoncaba profile image74
      glendoncabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And traffic so far?

36. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

I was thinking about this.

I think the point Ronaldos (and everyone else) is missing is this - travel tends to be a popular subject. 

If you live somewhere that people want to travel to, and you write Hubs about it, those Hubs are going to do well. 

If you live somewhere no one would want to visit in a pink fit, and write Hubs about it, they won't do well.

...whether or not you create a separate account.  It doesn't really have anything to do with whether you're writing "local" or not.

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with Marisa. 

I also think that Ronaldos (and many others) are not realizing that his methods can't be that great, or his author score wouldn't be so low that his outgoing links are being dinged.  As it stands, I don't follow the advice of people whose Hubs are marked "nofollow."

37. earner profile image82
    earnerposted 14 years ago

Some of my early hubs were related to a small town I lived in, yes they are specific, but it was annoying that the ebay and Amazon were US ones as I am in the UK.

Often I write about UK specific items and it would be nice/more relevant to be able to include UK ebay modules.  The US results are often just not relevant at all.

1. bittybrasize profile image61
      bittybrasizeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that's such a good point. I'm in the US but I would also like to feature international eBay items, because I've bought things from the UK and Europe sites that I couldn't find on the US ebay.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)