Why did god create humans?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (56 posts)
  1. mridulrai profile image66
    mridulraiposted 8 years ago

Why did god create humans?

Does he want to be prayed and loved? If yes then why call him god? Wants and needs are human attributes.

2. Oztinato profile image76
    Oztinatoposted 8 years ago

This is another non sequitir argument or what is called the "blame god paradox" whereby an illogical premise is constructed to disprove/disparage God's existence while relying on His/Its existence!

mridulraiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Don't you think this "blame god paradox" is an illogical premise in itself, smartly created by the people who can, to throw questions such as this off track, and in doing so, maintain the idea of the peace loving nurturing father figure termed god?

2. marw profile image63
      marwposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"blame god paradox" is an argument from the atheistic/agnostic side that actually makes sense. State some theistic arguments and let us slay them for you big_smile

3. mridulrai profile image66

I am an agnostic myself lol.
      Although I stand by my word. Relying on god's existence only to disprove it is kind of silly. It can be done without that.

3. Wissam Qawasmeh profile image60
    Wissam Qawasmehposted 8 years ago

God created humans to worship him not because he needs their to worship him

Isn't god supposed to be devoid of all needs?

2. Wissam Qawasmeh profile image60
      Wissam Qawasmehposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's not our business to know if god needs something or not, this kind of information are hard to get .. the important thing is to know if god do exist or not. and that's easy to know

What? hahaha I'm sorry but you just said ït's not our business to know if god needs something or not". That is funny.
      IT IS MY BUSINESS if it involves my birth. If I was brought here because of HIS need, it kind of is my business bro. smile

4. Wissam Qawasmeh profile image60

it's not polite to laugh like this
      tell me, how the hell would you know god's needs .you're asking things no one knows about .you can't build your faith on unknown things .God made miracles to believe in him.
      look, it's hard to explain in comment

5. mridulrai profile image66

You know why you feel offended? Because I brought into question your decades of faith and somehow I did that while making perfect sense. You cannot digest that there are chances you may be wrong in your beliefs.
      Please keep an open mind and think.

6. Wissam Qawasmeh profile image60

No, I feel offended because you laugh
      End of Discussion .. Search on youtube for Zakir Naik and you'll find answer to all your questions

7. mridulrai profile image66

Mr. Zakir Naik says theory of evolution is "only a hypothesis, and an unproved conjecture at best."
      I agree. But merely pointing out that science MAY be wrong as evolution cannot be proved, does not amount to proving that religion is correct.

8. integrater profile image60
      integraterposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I don't think Mridul Rai is laughing at anybody or anybody's God.

9. mridulrai profile image66

Integrater: I'm not. Thanks for defending me though. *fistbump*

4. crusador profile image74
    crusadorposted 8 years ago

If you believe in the concept of rebirth then human beings takes birth and rebirth for purification of soul going through ordeals of life. Majority love and pray god out of fear and expecting well being of near and dear ones. Wise men pray God in their good times and foolish ones pray in times of stress.

You did not really answer my question don't you think?

5. alekdo profile image62
    alekdoposted 8 years ago

Although I am not a very religious person, I wish to express my own opinion about this issue. I'm not a fanatic, I do not go to church as often as I would like (just because people are too busy doing their office or home affairs) but I believe in God and I am sure that He created humans to make this world better. According to the Bible, he sacrificed his only son to make human understand real life values and start their life from the very beginning – without any sins, evil and crimes.
    You may argue, of course, that all people are different - some of them are kind-hearted and generous, while other are evil and "blind" to other people's problems. Unfortunately, this is true, but, when we talk about God and His intentions while creating humans, I think He just wanted to make the world we live in the best place in the Universe. I don't think that He just wanted to be played or loved, but that is not necessary at all. People who believe in God and wish to follow His life statements mentioned in the Bible, love and pray him anyway. I think that each of us pray God, especially in those moments when we can't go on without His support and help. Is there anyone who will agree with me?

Thank you for your answer. However, there are 2 things
      1) According to Bible, god sacrificed himself to himself to save us from himself? I don't buy it.
      2) Why would One create something for no reason? Who creates anything without purpose?

6. profile image61
    argdrawposted 8 years ago

How about, Why did humans create God?
    I believe he/they exist, but if they have no followers they cease to exist, nearly all the religions I know of (not many) say to follow the true god, so they all are aware of the 'other false gods'

I believe there is a solution to this riddle, and for me all religions now make sense.

Could you please elaborate? Your answer is interesting.

2. profile image61
      argdrawposted 8 years agoin reply to this

the usual question is 'Does God Exist?' and starts a massive argument which goes nowhere. how ever 'Does Religion Exist?' the answer is yes (unless someone is really pedantic) follow this with 'How long has religion existed?'

But religion is a human creation is it not? Religion actually was created to drill morality in our minds. It was done in good intent I suppose; To establish that crime doesn't go unpunished and there's always justice.
      How I wish it were true.

4. profile image61

I think you are simplifying religion, schools teach morality etc, but do not have the 'hold' or following that would create martyrs, unless you school was very different from mine smile

I don't think I understood what you meant by "but do not have the 'hold' or following that would create martyrs".
      But I'm slow like that and you are free to ignore.
      Thanks for your insight though smile

6. profile image61

how ever remote a group of humans, they all have a religion of some kind, if you consider the denial of God as a religion, every human is religious, humans are all the same so belief is a human trait, the real question is Why? Evolution.

Not all humans are religious. I have a few atheist friends. I, personally, am agnostic. I belive, in the words of Mr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
      I don't draw conclusions on the unknown.

8. profile image61

why are humans the most dominant animals on the planet? we are not the strongest or most adept at surviving (alone), we work as groups, we did not evolve as individuals we evolved to be in groups, the strongest 'glue' for the groups is belief.

9. mridulrai profile image66

Right you are.
      We might have strayed a little far from the topic but it was a nice conversation.
      Thanks again smile

10. profile image61

elaborating 250 chars at a time is not easy.
      enjoy life. Alan

7. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

Because he has a sense of humor. Watching us screw up all the time is probably like the funniest TV show of all time.

This is exactly the answer I eventually wound up with haha

8. abdussalaam profile image82
    abdussalaamposted 8 years ago

The purpose of life is an age old question.

It is isn't it.

2. abdussalaam profile image82
      abdussalaamposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am unsure on the meaning and purpose of life; but I think Adam (a.s) and his offspring (mankind) were created to be God's representative here on Earth. Why does God need representatives here on Earth? Ask Him.

There is no evidence of Adam and Eve's life.

4. abdussalaam profile image82

No evidence of Adam (a.s) and Hawaa (a.s)? Then where did you come from? Have you seen the evidence that both your parents are your biological parents? No? Likewise, faith does not always need evidence.

I have my family members that testify my birth. My doctor still remembers the caesarian section she made on my mother's stomach. Yes, I can prove I am my father's son.
      Meanwhile, have you seen belly buttons on Adam and Eve? How did that happen?

6. abdussalaam profile image82

The belly-button is an artists impression and a figment of imagination. Adam (a.s) may or may not have been created with a belly-button.

The only way you can prove that you are your fathers son is if you carry out a biological DNA test?

To each his own, my brother.
      Peace smile

8. abdussalaam profile image82

Salam. :-)

9. profile image52
    Max Harmonposted 8 years ago

No, because he wants to love us. Wants or will and love are human attributes because of the image of personhood in which we are made. Without the source of love there would be no love and no humans to understand it. I think you meant does he want to be prayed to. Needs are only of the creatures. The creation of the humans was also part of "God's" manufacturing process of genuine free will planned before the creation of angels and nearing completion as we speak.

Could it be that something else created us? Like humans created mannequins, God isn't a mannequin's god, we are. In the same way there may be an alien race that created us. They might be our gods.

2. profile image52
      Max Harmonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That would leave us back where we started for from where did the aliens come?  Mannequins are lifeless but even they could not create themselves.  But we are not gods to them until they worship us.

So you can be god if you are worshipped right? Otherwisr not.  God needs us to worship him in order to be god.
      Thank you. May not be the conclusion you wanted, but logic finds the simplest explanation. smile
      Peace

4. profile image52
      Max Harmonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Backwards is expected. Worship is how its object is viewed in the viewer, as I said, "to them," but doesn't actually cause the object to become something else.  A rock is still a rock.  There is no magic as you suggest.

10. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years ago

we are, each of us an avatar, of God.
    Only a few ever realize this fact.

Thank you Kathryn. This is exactly what I think. I've even written on it. http://mridulrai.hubpages.com/hub/I-AM-A-GOD-Part-2
      However, that doesn't answer my question does it smile

2. abdussalaam profile image82

It is more humble to view oneself as a slave of God; whilst never forgetting the continuous struggle with the devil that is within us

Yea, I disagree. But we all have right to our opinions.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years agoin reply to this

then why did you create yourself?

Because I didn't. Because life did. Because life just wants to be. I'll write a hub on the unputdownable intent of genes to reproduce and keep life going.
      Thanks for your comments smile

11. profile image53
    srijithrposted 8 years ago

god never created humans. humans created god

Now I have to follow you. You just made a fan sir.

2. profile image53
      srijithrposted 8 years agoin reply to this

are you being sarcastic

Haha no bro. I'm an agnostic.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)