Do you strongly contend that the complete legalization of LGBT rights is humane

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (69 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

Do you strongly contend that the complete legalization of LGBT rights is humane or a slippery slope?

Why?  Why not?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12499712_f260.jpg

2. Michaela Osiecki profile image68
    Michaela Osieckiposted 8 years ago

Of course it's humane. Denying the same rights and privileges to a group of people just because an outdated generation relying on religious doctrine doesn't "approve" of people being themselves is what's inhumane.

1. Kiss andTales profile image61
      Kiss andTalesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Jp the point I was trying to make is that we could live longer then trees or animals until Adam and Eve interrupted the plan, but the plan is still valid,  we as their children have been given a hope to keep living throughout eternity.

3. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 8 years ago

I think denying any human being equal rights is a slippery slope. If discrimination against one group is legal, or if one segment of the population has fewer rights than others, how is that a just society?

In my mind, a just society has one set of laws for everyone, no matter their race, creed, gender, or sexual orientation.

Jp you live for earth , I live for both heaven and earth, so you will not understand , you speak for now , and your present concerns , but the whole world has greater, and there is a cure to all our problems but you will not consider the truth.

2. jlpark profile image78
      jlparkposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Actually, you won't consider any truth bar yr own. Again, KT, I am not discussing this on any other comment than our own - it's extremely rude, and I'm sick of u doing such. Email me or use only our answers. I will not continue this in any other way

3. Kiss andTales profile image61

Why does your reasoning and words show
      That you are angry because people disagree.Set the example of kindness in your character  then private business.
      You show hostility when shown none to you.
      I express my beliefs you stress hostility in you

4. Besarien profile image75
    Besarienposted 8 years ago

People have pointed to the Bible to prop up the institution of slavery, to keep interracial couples from marriage, to subjugate and oppress women, even to engage in acts of terrorism. If you open your Bible looking for a scapegoat or someone to hate you always will find somebody, but what a sad misuse of a great resource. Of course human rights for everyone equally is a humane platform. I can't believe so many people would misuse their own religious doctrines in order to question that.

1. dashingscorpio profile image80
      dashingscorpioposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Excellent point about interracial marriage. It wasn't until 1967 the Supreme Court struck down all state laws that forbid interracial marriage. That's less than 50 years ago! (Loving VS Virginia). The couple was going to be jailed for 2 years!

2. Kiss andTales profile image61

Jp, l love people in General the reason I come on HP to help people know the future , to help them know that all pain and suffering will end,to let people know the real life is ahead, the only way we can experience this provision is being educated.

5. dashingscorpio profile image80
    dashingscorpioposted 8 years ago

Discrimination based upon gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation is inhumane. In a nation which espouses separation of church and state LGBT rights are essentially a civil rights issue.
    It's not against the law to be gay or lesbian, or for same sex couples to cohabitate, or adopt children. Logically it made no sense to forbid them from getting married to the persons they love.
    I never understood why 95% of the population would be so concerned with giving 5% of the population the same rights to marry.
    Hopefully we have bigger concerns than worrying about who marries whom. It's not going to affect who we choose to love or marry.
    In 1967 less than 50 years ago the Supreme Court struck down laws that forbid interracial marriage. Today it's not an issue for most people. I suspect 50 years from now "same sex marriage" will be viewed the same way by future generations.

1. Besarien profile image75
      Besarienposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the comment! Judge Thomas would not have been able to marry his current wife in all states prior to the 67 decision but still didn't vote to give marriage freedom to those who didn't yet have it. How sad is that?

2. dashingscorpio profile image80
      dashingscorpioposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Neither would Michael Jordan, Robert De Niro  or George Lucas be able to have their chosen spouses today either!
      Progress is usually gradual and one generation at a time.

Jp the point is you only know what is physical because that is your experience,
      But there are the spiritual things of God you will not recognize.And that is not forced by him
      But there are people who understand the spiritual things of God who share

6. pattyfloren profile image72
    pattyflorenposted 8 years ago

It never occurred to me that "same sex marriage" would ever be an issue that received so much attention until I took a class in sexual orientation.  A lot of documentation for such a small issue increased my horizon on the issues same sex couples faced.  Well here it is 2015 when same sex marriage is as common as e.g. legalizing marijuana with pros and cons from every avenue and culture.  When I thought about two people of the same sex getting married, it never registered with me so naturally at first I opposed this issue.  I could accept the fact that these humans could adopt and raise children without any bias.  So in the end I would say that if it doesn't cause physical harm to others and doesn't effect the economy, even though the Bible clearly states that sex is for a man and a woman (what I argued in my essay), then it would allow people like me to think about it themselves.

There actions caused a chain of events that marked all humans.
      They should be here with us now.but they are wiped away for eternity by their own hand.
      We can do as we please, but how long will it last. Is it worth being like Adam and Eve.

7. Tinaya Sallie profile image62
    Tinaya Sallieposted 8 years ago

Well, they're called "Human Rights" so like it or not, LGBTs are human beings too, just like everyone else, and according to the constitutional beliefs that this country was built on, here in the U.S., they deserve the same human rights as any other human being...

Jp saying people hate people because they support the bible in all moral aspects is not a fair statment.
      I find this to be the case with people, if you disagree then you hate us, if you agree you love us.
      No love is telling the truth to save life

8. junkseller profile image77
    junksellerposted 8 years ago

Slippery implies easiness and slope implies inevitability. The advancement of LGBT rights has been neither of those things. To a lot of people it seems like this issue is changing fast, but the reality is that this has been in the works for decades and has been pushed along by hundreds of court cases and the efforts of a multitude of individuals and organizations.

If a slippery slope, metaphorically, is like pushing someone down a water slide, then the advancement of LGBT rights has been more like pushing someone over flat ground through a bunch of brambles.

And if rights are in the future to be extended to other groups it will only be through the same torturous process. There will be nothing slippery or slopey about it.

Jp. You do not believe in God , in not believing in God ,then you can not believe he inspired his words in the scrolls which is in translations of the bible.
      My comment was to people who do believe
      There is a spiritual journey to life ,
      We are on

9. importantopinions profile image60
    importantopinionsposted 8 years ago

Two people in love, should have every right to marriage. We have couples cheating lying and hurting each other every day and that is legal, then you have two people who really love one another and respect each other, and the world has a problem.

People seem to think that all love is  negotiable as long as it is love. We love our pets , but there should be a limit , not romantic.
      Example of Adam and Eve proved they cross their limitation , of right and wrong from the heavenly Fathers point

2. importantopinions profile image60
      importantopinionsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I love everyone, we are meant to be different to test other's hearts. I will never turn my back on another human. Gay straight, we are humans!

Jp the manager relates the message to the employee, but the employee does not like the manager relating the message and says I am tired of you saying what the boss told you to say. So the boss knows the situation
      What will the boss do ?

10. profile image50
    Jeannette56posted 8 years ago

They are human beings LOVE IS LOVE! Men or women deserve same treatment!

1. profile image50
      Jeannette56posted 8 years agoin reply to this

God promotes Love ! Man promotes hate and fear is part of hate !

2. Kiss andTales profile image61

God created love , but people fail to address what type,
      Example God created food for us, Adam and Eve were allowed 99% of all food, but one tree was off the list.
      Was it eatable yes. Could they see it touch it yes, but did they have a right to it.

11. jlpark profile image78
    jlparkposted 8 years ago

Given we, as LGBT, are humans and all that is being asked for is the same rights as other humans - I think it's entirely humane.

When a person just wants to be able walk down the street holding their partner's hand without being at risk of being beaten, or even killed, merely for holding their partners hand - is it inhumane to ask for that?

When one wants to be their authentic self, and that self is different to their assigned at birth gender, they want to be able to exist without being murdered merely because they are different (see the amount of trans murders in 2015) - is it inhumane to ask for this?

In some countries, merely being assumed to be LGBT can earn you a death sentence, a jail sentence, a beating, mental insitutionalisation. All for being human. Uganda even has American pastors who are supporting, and encouraging bills such as a the "Kill the Gays" bill - which would have enacted the death penalty for the crime of homosexuality in Uganda (and from memory may have also meant that anyone who killed someone who was assumed to be gay may have gotten off....not sure on that though)

The slippery slope arguments are usually bordering on ridiculous - "whats to stop someone marrying their dog/toaster/a bridge?" "What about people marrying their children, or children in general?" - ALL of these arguments miss a VITAL piece - CONSENT. None of these things - children, dogs, toasters, bridges etc - can give informed consent to a marriage.

In several countries, it is legal for children to be married off - but I don't see anyone protesting that, and these are usually countries where homosexuality is punishable by death or imprisonment - so, the argument of a slippery slope falls over given children are being married off and gays are being killed.

All we ask for is to be treated as human beings - because we are human beings. And if you can't - put yourself in our shoes for a minute - imagine what it's like to walk down the street, the possibility of assault etc always in your subconscious (Actually, that actually covers women as well as LGBT...imagine being a gay/trans woman!).

Vla, he does this ,1Co 10:11 Now these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for a warning to us upon whom the ends of the systems of things have come.
      We can learn from past experiences.

2. jlpark profile image78

KT - please only reply to people on the answer or comment list you are talking on - it's rude, and confusing to take over someone else's answer with comments to another.

Jp death was a genetic sentence against Adam and Eve, we also are effected since we came from Adam and Eve. So this is a valid truth that God's word is truth.

4. jlpark profile image78

Please, stay on the topic of my answer - but I'll comment - All animals, cells, humans, plants are subject to death - cells die, we are all made from cells. All living things will die. A+E didn't affect other than human, so how come others die??

5. Kiss andTales profile image61

JP I can not explain to you something you  do not want to believe in. you do understand death , So does the bible answers why we all can die, why is it a tree can live over 4000 years, animals are worth more then humans and they can live 100's.

6. jlpark profile image78

Fine. Then stick to the topic of my answer - I mentioned nothing of death or even Adam and Eve. I mentioned the inhumane treatment of LGBT. nothing about religion. It's rude when u take over these topics with yr pushing of religion + I'm tired of it

7. Kiss andTales profile image61

Jp the whole world of humanity is being mistreated. I feel for anyone being abused
      by another human, I do not want anyone hurt or mustreated. Let me make that very clear.
      But I do support the morals of the bible as the proper source of how to live.

8. jlpark profile image78

So if the bible mistreat, then you're okay with it? Funny that, given you are a woman, + yr book treats women badly. What yr saying is that mistreatment is bad, unless one is LGBT, Bcus yr belief says to mistreat.

9. Kiss andTales profile image61

Jp park you want to interpret the bible in that light , maybe the real problem is that you find it convenient to stone the bible or God because it does not fit your lifestyle.
      This can be clearly seen. So we can not agree on anything here.take care

10. jlpark profile image78

In the Bible you use to condemn homosexuality it insists that a woman marry her rapist, that if she doesn't she should be stoned to death, it condones slavery, mistreatment of others. I'm not interpreting in anyway other than how it is written.

11. Kiss andTales profile image61

Jp people can make the bible say what ever they want it to say, but that certainly does not make it true.  Many people read it and do not have your analysis.  No matter what I say , or you say the truth will prevail.

12. jlpark profile image78

My point exactly - you could say it says being gay is wrong, and your interpretation could be wrong. Yet, it seems that only those interpretations that agree with you are right, and nothing else. NOW, back to the topic at hand - being humane to LGBT

13. Kiss andTales profile image61

You know Jp, you seem extreme on the subject, and you interpet the bible to say what you wish,When I share scriptures it is not to be mean or cruel because I Share Them With everyone. But it seems you are only concern with your lifestyle that's all.

14. jlpark profile image78

Nope, not extreme, just fed up with religious beliefs/Holy books being used as an excuse 2 treat people inhumanely. U shared scripture, I shared that the word homosexual is mistranslated 2 remind others. Topic here is LGBT hence y focus on right now.

15. Kiss andTales profile image61

Jp you are blaming God for the misuse of the others  through the bible . That is like blaming a child for something his parent did. Say the parent stole a car, the child has nothing to do with how the perants schemed to steal a car. You blame all.

16. jlpark profile image78

Where have I blamed anyone? I've never blamed anyone - I'm just tired of religion being used as a scapegoat for being nasty, veiled in 'Gods word' when it's the persons opinion of what 'God' may have said. I have no issue with God, just some followrs

17. Kiss andTales profile image61

Interesting Jp because you express different then what you say. Like a manager may help a owner run a business , and the employee may never see the boss, and the owner says tell the employee not to do something a certain way. The manager relates

18. jlpark profile image78

Show me where I express differently? I have no issue with God, just some of his followers. What does this have to do with my answer? Nothing. I'm asking politely - stick to what my answer speaks of (+ question topic) or I do not wish to continue.

19. profile image48
      dillholeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

KP it is mean and cruel to share Scripture with ANYONE when that Scripture is mean and cruel. I don't care what any god or prophet or holy book says: if we don't practice tolerance where there is no wrongdoing than we are doing wrong.

12. profile image0
    ValKarasposted 8 years ago

In matters of coexistence in society, law should be based on one single question: if a form of relationship is hurting anyone, affecting anyone's possessions in a negative way, or disrupting public way of life. Other than that, law makers should stop sticking their big nose into private matters  -  or else pretty soon we may have to answer to them for having a pizza for dinner.

The last time I checked, our western culture was bragging about its "freedoms"'; and now it seems like they are even making a joke out of that part of the Constitution that guarantees the citizens their right to pursue happiness. If being married would make gay folks happy, who has that right to prevent it?

Matching their marriage to my question up there clearly shows that they are not hurting anyone or anything;  so  -  who even cares what a law maker's sexual preference may be, that's his private business which he should not impose on everyone else. I don't know if this is a legal term for my dissatisfaction, but I am truly pissed off with any human being telling another human being what they are allowed to think, feel, or do in the pursuit of their happiness.

I am not gay, but I certainly sympathize with those underprivileged folks; and the only time that I may start changing my mind will be  if I ever hear them publically calling straight marriages "not normal".

I do not think what people say can stop people from their choices, Certainly God himself has not sent an executioner while anyone is living their choice even violating his principals .
      But he does do this.

2. profile image0
      ValKarasposted 8 years agoin reply to this

To Kiss &Tales: It is your right to PERSONALLY follow your beliefs in God's laws. Some decent people opt for the laws of morality, which don't prevent gays from being happy. I don't think they are preaching their laws to you, so let's keep it fai

As a comment is allowed here I give it in truth, not personally knowing anyone or their pacific lifestyles , but we can share why we believe what is written as Grace asked this question. Is this a question preached, neither is the answer preached.

4. profile image0

To Kiss & Tales: We PREACH  when we warn homosexuals that they won't get into the "Kingdom of Heaven", like you did below. It wouldn't be preaching if you shared that you don't agree with their marriage because of your religion. - no "sin" allude

5. Kiss andTales profile image61

Vla, I did not warn anyone ,we all are human under the same warnings, so who can preach and is not a sinner, the point is the scriptures shared all things that will keep any one out, as posted. This was already written before my birth and yours.

6. profile image0

To Kiss & Tales:: Not worth discussing, my friend. You are not aware that you keep preaching even while explaining how you are not. Keep your faith by all means. I got nothing more to add here. All the best, and be well.

7. jlpark profile image78

what, KT, if your God isn't the 'one' - what if you've been fooled, + U r supposed embrace all with love, rather than warn? What if the 'warnings' we all 'live under' r not true? Bcus yr God is 1 of 1000s worshiped. Morality is not religion based

8. Kiss andTales profile image61

Jp, what if you are wrong, have you considered that it is easy to say  another human is wrongThe God of Abraham, Moses , David, Jesus has proven he is real.
      Death is a sentence from Adam and Eve's
      disobedience ,
      Death is proof we experience.

9. jlpark profile image78

Ah, but all god's speak of death and what becomes of us afterwards - who's to say thats proof of any God? Medically it's the end of life, cells don't last forever. Nothing to do with Gods. How have Moses, Jesus etc proven what u say

13. Beege215e profile image57
    Beege215eposted 8 years ago

The United States is a democratic Republic,  Not a Theocratic government.  We are not a Christian governed country, we are human beings who choose to live in a "free" country.  Our formal constitution clearly states that all citizens are created equal on this soil.  All people have the "right" to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  Human rights, equal rights, civil rights included.  And there is a distinct difference between a "legal" marriage and and "religious" marriage.  Homosexuals do not seek to change or interfere with religious marriages.  They seek to have equal "legal" rights to "legal" marriage.  To follow the constitution and enable themselves to gain legal stature and protection under the laws of our country.  They seek legal recourse to right the wrongs that have been done in the past.  These people do not "inflict" they lifestyle nor their religious beliefs on others, nor do they inhibit others lifestyle or religious beliefs.  This whole matter should have nothing to do with God, but only the laws of man.  I believe in God, I say my prayers to God every day.  But I pay my taxes to Washington.  And Washington allows me my rights and responsibilities as a citizen, and that must include marriage.  Religion is between a person and his God, and according to the "Bible" it is not up to one  man to judge another, but only for God to judge each of us in our time.  There is in my opinion no slippery slope about human rights.

14. Vortrek Grafix profile image60
    Vortrek Grafixposted 8 years ago

As a true and open minded liberal, I support any human's right to do whatever they wish, providing their wishes do not compromise anyone else's right to do as they wish. That said, sexual orientation is irrelevant,  ethnicity is irrelevant, religion is irrelevant, and so is any other social, economic, and\or demographic distinction between human beings. There really are on two camps: liberals and conservative.

Conservatives tend to resist change on the premise that 'things have always been that way'. By contrast, liberals tend to be more tolerant of change, particularly change which does not threaten the individual or community. However, not all liberals are truly liberal - many are just trying to further a controversial agenda of their own but flip to conservative posturing if\when diversity contradicts their own values - but that is not a true liberal.

A true liberal recognizes everyone's value system is an arbitrary function of experience and perception. The only true wrong is inflicting harm upon another person. Even the definition of harm is in many ways arbitrary. Perhaps one person views tattoos and body piercing as morally harmful to society, while another person believes this to be their full right of self-expression. True liberals take their own predispositions out of the judgment call and make a concerted effort to be tolerant and accepting even when they may not be partial to the action they support. 

Some may find the LGBT issue peculiar, but the true liberal considers whether the perceived peculiarity is harmful in a tangible way, or if it is circumstantial or based on personal preferences. The liberal, irrespective of their own likes or dislikes, makes an effort to accept what is different, providing no discernable victim results from another person's freedom of choice. Simple, and by that premise the LGBT community should not have anyone stand in its way of being just as free to exercise their choices as everyone else.

Pointing to the bible, or perceived moral standards as an indisputable justification for resisting advancements for the LGBT community, is a common conservative ploy. My stance is, if something is illegal, then the law must be respected, but awareness should be spread to get unjust laws reformed within the existing democrat process. Morality, norms, traditions, mores should also be respected to observe social harmony, but liberals are more likely to support change there also if change involves no tangible harm.

Jp the bible is our protection when we apply it to avoid abuse .yes the world will do wrong things to us, but are we a contributor
      by breaking the moral standards of the heavenly Father.  Since you will not consider him or his feelings .

15. profile image56
    BerndMeierposted 8 years ago

If both partners are adult and if it is their personal free will, to have a sexual relationship, then this is their private decision and nobody should be allowed to do any harm to them, even not to say any bad things about them.
    The people, who condemn them, should analyze their own motives and they will find, that there exist many bad motives in themselves, like arrogance, jealousy etc.
    And especially Christians should always remember, that Jesus taught us, to do no harm to others, even not the slighest.

The truth is a valuble thing , and so rather people disagree,, I gave my comment,  I contribute to help in a spiritual way.
      You say who cares then why post this question if you did not want to hear the comments of many.

16. Morgan Anthony profile image59
    Morgan Anthonyposted 8 years ago

Who the hell cares? Let people be people. I never understood why others are so concerned about things that don't even have anything to do with them.

You know true it is nobody buisness accept God who is perfect and judges fairly based on his moral standards,  my thing is this you publicly make it others peoples business , then tell them you must agree , or you are an enemy.

17. jimmyglaughlin profile image83
    jimmyglaughlinposted 8 years ago

I am not sure if 'humane' is the correct term for this, but that being said, we are all humans. It is that simple. Humans are humans.

18. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
    bradmasterOCcalposted 8 years ago

Grace

Another hard to understand question.
    What is humane?
    What is the slippery slope, you are referring to here?

You already have same sex marriage, what else do you want?

19. profile image52
    Jeff Rogersposted 8 years ago

I am just not sure what LGBT legalization is a slippery slope too.  I think that while the biological mechanics of what makes someone gay, lesbian, or transgendered is not fully understand, the American Psychological Association has firmly established that people do not choose to be LGBT.

Given that being LGBT isn't just a style preference brought on my what some prefers or was taught but in born, I don't see how allowing full LGBT rights poses any kind of slippery slope.  The fact is, just like you cannot make someone gay, you also cannot make someone straight.  Straight people will continue to be straight no matter how popular or unpopular LGBT rights are and LGBT will continue to be LGBT no matter how popular or unpopular that is (although if it becomes less popular they may choose to hide it).

Also, it is relatively inhumane to pressure someone who is gay to enter into a heterosexual relationship plus it is unfair to the non-gay partner to find themselves in this relationship.  In that regard, this provides a benefit to those that are heterosexual as LGBT feel freer to pursue relationships with those that are like them openly they do not have to worry about trying to deceive others to get the same benefits that a heterosexual might receive.

Also, in one of the comments the questions was posed "You already have same sex marriage, what else do you want?"  The fact is in most states, you can married on Sunday and fired on Monday.  Most states do not ban companies from firing people based on their sexual preferences.  Also, there are still many places where LGBT are just not accepted and that is a problem.  Overall, there really is no slippery slope to LGBT rights and a lot of harm done to people in denying them.

Sure granting LGBT rights might be upsetting to those that believe strongly against them, but this was no more upsetting than what those who felt that legalizing interracial marriage or end segregation felt.  It doesn't mean that we should not do it since their frustration is a small price to pay for the suffering and indignity provided for those who are being truly discriminated against.

20. IDONO profile image61
    IDONOposted 8 years ago

The key to this is acceptance. Someone mentioned that this has been at issue for many years, by many different people. This is true. However, it's an issue that has been taboo for thousands of years. LBGT people should have legal rights, as things are finally moving that way. The people that take issue with these rights have to accept gay marriage as a legal right. But they cannot be expected to accept it morally. Acceptance is a process; not an event. The straight community has to accept that times have changed and so have people and the way they think. The LGBT community has to accept that even though others have to accept legal changes, they can't expect to receive their blessings. We must give time, time.

21. profile image48
    dillholeposted 6 years ago

Be straight. Be gay. Be a man in a woman's body, or vice-versa. Be gender-fluid. Be asexual. Get married, or don't. Have a partner. Stay single. Be monogamous. Be polyamorous. Quote the Bible, or the Qu'oran (sorry if I spelled that wrong), or better yet, quote Lewis Carroll or Dr. Suess. Or if you're any good, quote yourself. Be what you are, even if you're a little person who is scared to death of people who are different. Who is scared of your own queernesses and shoves them down as far as they can be shoved.

But whatever else you are, BE NICE. and TOLERANT. and if you are not tolerant, keep your intolerance to yourself and do not show it.

Please.

There, see? I was nice just then. I have faith in every possible and impossible deity that you can all be nice as well.

Thank you for your cooperation, and have a fantastic day!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)