Is this what Trump voters wanted?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (58 posts)
  1. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Is this what Trump voters wanted?

Trumpeteers wanted disruption, "drain the swamp," vanquish ISIS, and above all, bring back jobs. But he's talking about "low-life leakers" instead of renegotiating NAFTA; Says the free press is "the enemy of the American People" instead of unveiling his infrastructure program.  Name one good thing Trump has done. Good for the American people that is. Please answer with actual facts if answering this question. No BS.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13413374_f260.jpg

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image50
    bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12916855_f260.jpg

Another insulting photo from you.
    del this if you wish, I think the picture says it all about your questions.
    I will say that Trump exposed the media, and the leakers and the rogues in the national intelligence agencies.

Unless you are a political cartoonist, your photos are in poor taste and could indicate that you have no real arguments to make for your position. And people on the left say that my questions are leading?

For example, the 17 National Intelligence agencies took a Single Document that was created by a paid democrat party opposition report and leaked it to the media. Senator John McCain actually supported it and gave it the momentum to make it out to the MSM. It had been bouncing around for months without any takers.

Even the report itself said it was information only and it was unvetted or its veracity was not known. But the didn't stop either the 17 National Intelligence agencies from putting it out in public and supporting it as true.

This is all verifiable history.
    As it turns out, there was no truth to it at all. So it exposed the CIA and other intelligence agencies as supporting Obama, Clinton and the democrats rather than the US and Americans.

Having the media publish this unvetted and very questionable "news", gives credibility to Trump's assertion of "Fake News".

How was what the Intelligence Agencies, and especially the CIA leaking Trump's classified phone calls good for the country and Americans?

They are the Domestic Enemies Trump is getting rid of. These leaks from the CIA are criminal because they are about classified information. It is a case where the CIA instead of taking down a foreign government is using their special tactics to take down our Democratic Republic. These can be construed as acts of sedition and even treason in some instances.

These are not acts covered by any constitutional freedom. It is no different than someone in the military acting against the country.

Now that Trump has some of his key people in their appointed positions, he can continue to expose these domestic terrorists and get them out, and even prosecute them.

Even the democrats in congress have made it public that they will resist the Trump presidency by any and all means. Sounds like the same democrats that brought the country into the Civil War!

ptosisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The question was: "Name one good thing Trump has done" your answer is self evident that you can not name one good thing.  Bravo. I rest my case. As far as sedition/ treason, Trump is the #1 evil-doer by failing to carry out the obligations of POTUS

bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

ptosis
      That is one good thing, You don't have a case, and then you want people to answer your ? with fact, but then you make a factless, ambiguous, and vague stm about Trump. "Trump is the #1 evil-doer by failing to carry out the obligations of POTUS

3. Cre8tor profile image92
      Cre8torposted 7 years agoin reply to this

For the record, the question was "is this what Trump voters wanted". Just keepin it real.

4. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Whoa P. that was not the question. That was a sidebar.
      The answer is that he has kept you engaged. Better than the last 8.

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

(Cre8tor)

From the question,"Name one good thing Trump has done"

3. peoplepower73 profile image90
    peoplepower73posted 7 years ago

There is only one thing so far in all the things Trump has said and done that is for the good of the American people.  When asked how is he going to take out ISIS, he said it was a secret.  I agree with that because military operations should be kept secret.  Iwo Jima, would have never happened if the news outlets were to broadcast our landing there.

"Going to" and "did" are two different things. Remember the Obama Peace Prize for wishful thinking?. It's so secret that even Trump has no idea what he's doing.

Mike when you are right, I have to agree with you. BTW, do you agree that spying on the WH and leaking classified information to the media is also wrong?

3. pmey3 profile image59
      pmey3posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree Mike Russo

Ericdierkerposted 7 years ago

Cool question even if it is baiting and phrased antagonistically ;-)
    First “Trumpeteers wanted disruption”. Well no definition of an “eteers” but we assume supporters. Certainly accurate that Trump supporters want(ed) to disrupt business as usual and the status quo – so very correct on this first assumption.
    Second “vanquish ISIS” – who could argue against that?
    Third “bring back jobs.” Hopefully supporters or detractors want this – so for sure.
    Fourth “"low-life leakers"”. Factually “No BS” I think it fair to say that folks who leak classified documents are about the lowest life form in the Gov. But truly this is so subjective that the only fact we can agree on is that POTUS said that. Value judgment is individually based it seems.
    Fifth “instead of renegotiating NAFTA” Most assuredly factually Mexico has stated they look forward to talks and they are requesting 90 days to prepare, so we are looking at mid-may I believe. Canada has responded favorably but has not joined in any time schedule. Those a facts. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles … gotiations  Really straight forward news. Rhetoric aside as that is not factual.
    Sixth “Says the free press is "the enemy of the American People" is not accurate at all. Fact check. Trump never said that about the free press. He referenced it as the current political media and that is a large leap back from “free press”. Absolutely no quote attributed to POTUS saying “free press is the enemy of the people”.
    Seventh “instead of unveiling his infrastructure program”. This is an exciting one with the Democrat side of the isle coming up with a plan really close to Trumps campaign promises. For sure Schumer is claiming that his plan meets the promises that Trump made to blue collar America which got him elected. So for the first time in decades POTUS and the other party in congress start out the dialogue agreeing to what needs to be done – that is huge. Now the bean counters have to get busy. Some hard compromises between new fed spending and credits and closing loopholes and incentives. We are really talking trillion here though half of that has been bandied about.  (opinion here – I think we need to get some of the folks who will really profit to pay for half of this and let taxpayers foot the bill for stuff like schools, VA and maintanence)
    Fact – there is real progress being made in this area. Schumer and POTUS are in dialogue and holding off on attack

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People! -" - is what he tweeted so I guess Al Jazeera, RT, Reuters & AP are A-OK.

2. pierbrook profile image58
      pierbrookposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Very enriching piece I feel Trump is for Trump.
      As a democrat speak from the heart.
      We need to stick with are constitutional rights and values.
      Thank you kindly,
      John Ackerman (Writer)

5. Ken Burgess profile image80
    Ken Burgessposted 7 years ago

Good things he has done for America? ...
    1- Began Construction on the Wall
    2- Issued an order that told the IRS to NOT pursue those incapable or unwilling to pay the penalty TAX for not having Health Insurance (ACA).
    3- Met with diverse corporate leaders, union officials, community leaders, etc.  It appears he will meet with all who are willing to come.  He obviously doesn't care if they ever supported him for president.
    4-  Reversed the Obama administration's Office of Surface Mining's Stream Protection Rule passed in December 2016, in an effort to protect Coal Mining operations and jobs.
    5- Scrapped the massively complicated Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal.  Which would have given corporations the ability to sue State governments, local governments, and our National government in ways that would have led inevitably to taxpayers being burdened with even more costs, and lessened their rights.
    6- Ended federal funding to sanctuary cities and states, which opt out of reporting undocumented immigrants.
    7- Ordered a major investigation into vote fraud.
    8- Imposed a 5 year lobbying ban for Administration officials
    9-  Named Neil Gorsuch as his Supreme Court choice, the youngest nominee in 25 years.
    10- He also met with pharmaceutical lobbyists about lowering the prices of drugs.
    He met with several world leaders, he attempted to ban entry into America from several unstable nations (for 90 days until a better vetting mechanism was put in place), and he has done several other things that elude me at the moment.

1. Ericdierker profile image45

I see a lot of real possible criticism of Trump, but it just seems kind of off the mark to say he has done nothing. Hate what he has done - fine, but to suggest he is not doing things kind of challenges one's gullibility.

2. ptosis profile image68

1,2,6,7 = Untrue 5,9=True, 8/Yes but  hires lobbyists as cabinet members. 3,10- Oh Meeting People! clap clap clap! 4-Mercury in water = good?

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

ptosis, What happened to the facts here. How can you say for ex. that #2 is not good for the people? BTW, I we just go rid of ACA and left on the preexisting condition as a single law. What would we be missing?

Ptosis. Please you were the one that insisted facts and no BS. I see no citing of facts in this comment. Please do not insist we do it and then fall short through a venomous hate. No matter in the long run, you know I really respect you and value you

5. ptosis profile image68

Thanks Eric, hard to do in comments with only 250 characters! That's why moving to forums more and more. Voted Ken as BA due to well thought out answer that pretty much won the entire debate.

6. Ericdierker profile image45

Ptosis, perhaps my adult children and I will never agree. But we agree to love. You are awesome picked a great "best". I beg of thee to keep making me grow. Make me happy - you do. Do not change you.

7. Ken Burgess profile image80
      Ken Burgessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I appreciate that, sometimes just stating the facts as best you understand them is the best argument to be made.  Depending on one's perspective this could have been answered many different ways.

8. Misfit Chick profile image76
      Misfit Chickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This is a good answer, but - some of these things fall into the 'not so good' category such as protect coal jobs instead of the environment it ruins. Every president meets with every side & he gets credit? The dangerous immigration EO...

9. Ken Burgess profile image80

Oftentimes, politicians put good-sounding titles on Bills and such that mean the opposite of what they appear to be about... seems a lot of coal miners were going to lose their jobs, and now they won't.

10. Ewent profile image67
      Ewentposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You do realize that he has not done anything yet? He wrote hundreds of executive orders. But, he still has to get the House and Senate Approval and all of his executive orders MUST be reviewed by Congressional lawyers to make certain they are legal.

11. Ken Burgess profile image80

Wow Eleanore... An Executive Order does not get or need Congressional approval , hence the word executive.  They CAN be reviewed, they CAN be challenged in court, but in general they go into effect as soon as they are signed. 99 out of 100 times.

12. Ericdierker profile image45

To tell the truth this is a bit scary. Congress has to approve the President telling the executive branch what to do? There are formal EOs but there are also orders telling his cabinet to sit down and give an opinion. Approval?

6. Cre8tor profile image92
    Cre8torposted 7 years ago

Cracking down on illegal immigrants is a good thing. Defending gun rights is a good thing. Some things I believe are going to be good or could've been good already are being held up because everything this man tries to do is going to be fought simply because many are unwilling to get over the election and move on with what's best for the country. And for the record, I doubt I'll agree with everything Trump does because I don't think anyone in history has ever agreed with everything a president has done unless they are simply that "party blind". That's part of democracy...you won't always like or be the beneficiary of the decisions made in D.C.

How much is the president supposed to accomplish in their first 30 days anyways I wonder?

Well Daniel, I am looking for some comparative first 30. Holy crap Batman it really has been only 30 days? And some complain about not getting it done yet. Hell an employee is probationary for at least 90. Incredible to attack his record in less than

2. Cre8tor profile image92

Eric - It's been amazing that so many people have already handed in the Worst President Ever Award isn't it? I would say the same of people handing out the Best President Ever Award to be fair but it seems that those who aren't in blind hatred of thi

3. ptosis profile image68

Great answer. I posed this Q  as a dig for those who think Trump can do no wrong, and done everything correctly. Nice to have reasonable answers. Thank you again.

I wonder what would happen if folk judged our host P. the same. Wonderful mind. Trapped by hate. Facts are not acceptable, lest they serve the outed king.

5. ptosis profile image68

Thanks Eric! But no fan of Obamination. Used to call him Cracker IncogNegro

6. peoplepower73 profile image90
      peoplepower73posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trump can't do anything that requires money until it is funded by congress and they are not going to start approving a new budget until at least April.  If it isn't blocked by gridlock.  Right now, it is all smoke and mirrors.  There is a difference

7. Ken Burgess profile image80

Actually many things were already funded, like 15 Billion which had years ago been approved for the Wall, while other things can be defunded, like Sanctuary Cities.

8. Ericdierker profile image45

Most definitely POTUS has a ton of money that BHO did not spend by not enforcing some laws. Did you know that POTUS is far behind BHO in the rate of deportation? Money will not really be an issue until infrastructure spending.

9. pmey3 profile image59

they are not ILLEGAL just undocumented. Illegal is committing a CRIME! Not undocumentation.

10. Cre8tor profile image92

Is that sarcasm? Because I'm pretty sure that's just a PC way to say the same thing.

11. Ericdierker profile image45

I do not understand this concept of someone illegally entering the country as not committing illegal activity - which by definition means they are a criminal. Law abiding folks do not engage in ongoing criminal conduct. And also the aider and abetter

7. profile image54
    peter565posted 7 years ago

Trump voters are people who wants to fix US economy and bring jobs back to the US. The US wasn't doing very well on the home front, during the Obama and Bush era. Mostly because the global financial crisis took place in Bush era, but Bush was making a mess out of things in Iraq and Afghanistan. People was hoping when Obama took office, things could change, but it didn't, but it is unfair to blame Obama for it either, Obama inherited a big mess from the Bush administration, the issue in Iraq and Afghanistan is getting worse on a daily bases, with Taliban wanting to bomb US and at home, the economy suck, as the post effect of global financial crisis. For Obama, he must first stop things in Iraq and Afghanistan from getting worse, before he can deal with the home front. So, consider some Iraqi people don't want Americans and felt US is invaders, it is actually helping to create more terrorist, so Obama decided to leave Iraq for now and only return when or if Iraq's government can't handle it and focus on Afghanistan. And of course it turns out Iraq can't handle it and ISIS emerged, but now US is going into Iraq with the invite of Iraqi government and support of all Iraqi people. In addition Obama fix the US relationship with Iran, George Bush wanting to bomb Iran is a reason why it secretly support Taliban, despite they don't like the Taliban either, their president's policy is to us the Taliban to keep the US occupied, so Bush got no time, to invade Iran, so Obama needed to fix US relationship with Iran also, to defeat ISIS and Taliban. Instead of charging right in, like what Bush did when he started the wars, Obama use got ISIS quarantine and cut off from the outside world and try bomb them into submission and it is working, although progress is slow,

Now the situation in Iraq and Afghanistan is more stable and is improving, the US can focus more on the home front and that is where Trumps come in, with his promise to bring jobs back into the US, stop illegal immigrants and fix the economy. And so far, his policy prove to be effective.

However, I think it was a bit harsh when Trump also made Obama a president that doesn't care about the welfare of American people, for his lack of attention to the economy, consider there were more urgent task at hand, for Obama. If Trump, took office, right after Bush, like Obama did, Trump won't have time, doing what he promise, which is fixing the economy, he be busy dealing with the Taliban like Obama was, as President. And I am not sure, Trump would do a better job, to deal with Taliban and ISIS then Obama did. George Bush did a horrible job on that arena, due to having some personal prejudice and lack of understanding towards Islam, I don't think Trump is better then Bush on that arena.

Peter - would it be OK for you to give us from what roots you come. Perhaps within it we may find more truth to your words and understand. But I understand if you will not.

2. ptosis profile image68

Peter, you should write a hub, seriously.

3. profile image54
      peter565posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well, I would like to see what u think about this hub I just wrote within since the hub I wrote was over 1 year ago http://hubpages.com/entertainment/My-id … and-Ishtar smile

Peter come on - who are you? No hubs? Broken seemingly Eastern English - give us a break and not hide. Who are you?
      I think you should own smart stuff like your write.

5. profile image54

Well, Eastern English, this can be a clue, right? smile

6. Ericdierker profile image45

So you are just someone who we should think of as no one?

7. profile image54

Ha ha, let say I like to be mysterious big_smile Oh and this is a hub I wrote long ago see if u like it big_smile http://hubpages.com/relationships/My-id … mpire-girl

8. ptosis profile image68

Hi Peter, I glazed over your 2 links. I'm not a big fan of fiction so I'm the wrg person to ask. sorry

9. pmey3 profile image59

People are NOT ILLEGAL, CRIMES are . They are humans and just Undocumented. GEEZ they are people too!

10. Ericdierker profile image45

Very good point but you take it too far. A trespasser is not an illegal person -- just illegally where they are.

8. profile image57
    joey2577posted 7 years ago

According to me i think that trump has turned things upside down.  As i watch the news its really sad to see so much hatred and non tolerance. If trump wants to make America great again he has to do it in such a way that he doesn't not damage America's ties with other countries. And should focus on America's welfare in a more sensible way. Using force to throw immigrents out of the country is lowering America's standards and it is essential that trump makes sensible decisions .Yes of course who would 'nt want the ISIS GONE. !! I think that the commoners should also be allowed to give the votes on Many aspects such as the planned parent hood, the USDA taking away animal welfare from their agendas and many more .

What an interesting perspective. What country are you from? Using force to throw out people who have no right to be here? What? Should we pay them to leave and drive them to the border in a limo? We are a republic - we elect officials to vote.

2. profile image57
      joey2577posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm from a country from which things are going pretty much down hill. So I understand the situation. Where the cm mysteriously dies and then two people of the same party fight to become cm. And where people are more bothered about their religious sen

3. Ericdierker profile image45

"religious" is always a bad mix with governance. So is total lack of higher morality and spirituality. This notion of a nation of laws and not of man is critical. The coup does not change the legislative branch. Charismatic leaders? Bridled by law?

9. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Sorry this sure looked like someone wanting to get a million hits -- even SEO dominated.

10. profile image0
    johnmariowposted 7 years ago

Trump's first significant achievement was the speech he made to Congress on  Feb 28 2017. He accepted his daughter's advice and "toned down" his speech. Consequently, he sounded very Presidential.

I sincerely hope Trump works with our Congress in order to yield the first productive Congress since 2010.

Trump's border tax is counter productive. He is effectively punishing companies for maximizing their profits by moving out of the US. However, his plan is backfiring.  Five major corporations  are shifting production abroad. . .

Details are given at the following link:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t … SKBN1612DQ

I have always like Thompson/Reuters. This was a good reporting article. (disclaimer I sort of worked for them - via La Prensa out of Mex. City}
      Oh for sure we have issues. I think these reflect proximity to Iron and other cheaper stuff. Not Jobs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)