How do you feel about Trump raising the defence budgets?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Buildreps profile image84
    Buildrepsposted 7 years ago

How do you feel about Trump raising the defence budgets?

Trump is intending to raise the defense budgets with about 10%. What has Trump to gain except increasing the globalist agenda, while saying he's against globalism. Doesn't that make Trump even more dangerous? I think Trump is the perfect puppet to prepare America for the Big War. What do you think?

2. retrojoe profile image67
    retrojoeposted 7 years ago

He has done nothing but prove my first impression that his winning the election to be President of the USA was ultimately a disaster for the world.

1. gregas profile image83
      gregasposted 7 years agoin reply to this

How has he proved that?????

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image48
      bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

And what do you base that on. Your opinion is without meaning, facts, foundation or anything? Read my comment above for some foundation.

3. retrojoe profile image67
      retrojoeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Actions speak louder and contradict his words.  His choices of cabinet are the reverse of "draining the swamp".  His spending tens of billions more on our military budget will take money from infrastructure and Americans who need it the most.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image48

Joseph, how can you make a prediction on his picks when you don't let them work? Infrastructure, the govt hasn't done anything  in over 5 decades. u thinkthe military shouldn't get the equipment they need to be safe and do their job?my orig comment!

3. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 7 years ago

I don't understand your reasoning, Buildreps. How does building up our military defense support a "globalist Agenda"? Our politicians and our people believe that it is just exactly the opposite. Put the 10% into welfare and support a globalist agenda, or put the money into our defense and make our country less vulnerable to aggressive countries like North Korea and the Middle East. I could name a couple of others, but then I would be the subject of political name-calling.
    I am not a Trump supporter, but I do support the defense of our country. Right now we don't have the military capability of protecting ourselves from a military attack on our own soil by an aggressive country, but most Americans wouldn't want you to know that. I think you are using this question as an unwarranted attack on Donald Trump. The man has done enough things to use for an attack on him without picking out the one vital that he is trying to do for our country and using it against him.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image48

MizBejabbers, That was an eloquent handling of this question. When politicians send people to war, they should give them what they need for war, and also take care of them when they come back, and honor those that didn't make it back. Thanks

2. Buildreps profile image84
      Buildrepsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The US hasn't been attacked this far by a foreign army, but solely attacks countries at the other side of the globe. That is globalism. When you raise this budget, you ipso facto reinforce the globalists agenda. That isn't so difficult, isn't it?

3. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Buildreps, you sit in Europe and pontificate, but what if we weren't here to stand behind your European butt? And if you think we don't do that you obviously aren't well informed.

4. Buildreps profile image84

MizB, that's a typical arrogant American stance. What prevents me from defining Americans as occupiers?

5. MizBejabbers profile image88

If you saw your hard-earned tax money going overseas to defend other countries while your own infrastructure is failing, you might have the right to be arrogant, too.

6. Buildreps profile image84

Of course, I would feel the same in your position. But can you help me with this: where is the motive to do all this for the most capitalistic country in the world? Charity or helping the Military Industrial Complex to keep running?

7. MizBejabbers profile image88

BR, my father had to go to the Pacific Theater to help defend our country when Pearl Harbor was attacked while we were helping defend the Allies in Europe against the Axis powers. Where would you be today without our help? Free people are vulnerable.

4. Ken Burgess profile image79
    Ken Burgessposted 7 years ago

Depends on what the money is put towards.

Depends on what the country does overseas.

I would like to see us stay out of a war with Russia... it seems the Dems, some Rinos, and other powers that be seem hell bent on pushing us in that direction... I say this because Congressmen have suggested such recently, of course you have to take just about anything a Congressman says these days with a grain of salt.

I would like to see us get out of Syria, which is one of the reasons why it seems we have been posturing for a fight with Russia long before Trump was elected... as Russia was telling America to back the F off and stay out of Syria, meanwhile Obama was funding and flooding the 'rebels' (some of which became ISIS) in Syria with serious weapons:

"The Obama administration has decided to launch a covert operation to send heavy weapons to Syrian rebels -December 2012, Christina Lamb of The Sunday Times of London reports.
    Diplomatic sources told the Sunday Times that the U.S. “bought weapons from the stockpiles of Libya’s former dictator Muammar Gaddafi.”
    The heavy arms include mortars, rocket propelled grenades, anti-tank missiles and the controversial anti-aircraft heat-seeking SA-7 missiles, which are integral to countering Bashar Al-Assad’s bombing campaign.
    Many have suspected that the US was already involved in sending heavy arms.
    The administration has said that the previously hidden CIA operation in Benghazi involved finding, repurchasing and destroying heavy weaponry looted from Libyan government arsenals, but in October we reported evidence indicating that U.S. agents — particularly murdered ambassador Chris Stevens — were at least aware of heavy weapons moving from Libya to jihadist Syrian rebels."

I think its a great idea to purchase needed repair supplies, put money into new technologies that will better aid soldiers in winning battles and staying alive, and supporting the soldiers themselves with better pay and benefits.  If the money goes to those things, fine.

If the money goes to funding some lunatics in the Middle East, or some insurgents causing Russian forces a headache... then no... I don't like the idea of spending more money at all.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image48

Reagan or rather Col Ollie North got nailed for Iran Contra, but Neither Obama nor HRC got nailed for Benghazi and other CIA failures of trying to tip the scales of other countries, and yet the democrats complain about suspected Russian manipulations

5. profile image0
    promisemposted 7 years ago

The $600 billion U.S. military budget is already 3X larger than the next largest on the planet (China). It is 9X larger than the Russian budget.

Why do we need to spend more when we are so deeply in debt?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c … penditures

1. Carb Diva profile image94
      Carb Divaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I would hope that a large part of the answer is that we take care of our military during and after service and China and Russia don't give a crap.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image48

How many wars has China been in during the last 25 yrs compared to the US. Blame politicians who keep us at war,&lose those wars.  Pres Obama asks Repub Congress for a base defense budget $534 bil in 2016, exceeding by $35 billion the mandatory a

3. Buildreps profile image84

That sounds rational to me.

6. lifelovemystery profile image76
    lifelovemysteryposted 7 years ago

Our military was decimated under the Obama administration. We no longer have the resources or military strength to defend this nation.

Military Generals that disagreed with Obama's policies were forcefully retired. This ensured that renaming leadership would step in line and do what they were told. I hope the current administration will reinstate some of those Generals, and allow them to once again serve this country.

It will require an increase in the Defense budget to bring our military back into fighting shape.
    With Trump as Commander-in-Chief, there will be a focus on cost and value, and he has already managing that process. Trump is not a military expert, but he is an expert negotiator. He also trusts his cabinet and Joint Chiefs to help him make those decisions.

7. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 7 years ago

All things considered, I'd rather keep my health insurance than expand the military.

1. Ken Burgess profile image79
      Ken Burgessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

^^ ... yeah I think we can all agree on that.
      You know... I miss the days when the biggest most outrageous 'scandal' going was whether or not Bill got a BJ in the Oval office... things are getting downright crazy, one day piles onto the next.

2. gregas profile image83

If we don't re-enforce our military we might not have to worry about healthcare.

3. Ken Burgess profile image79

Dude... Duuuuude, like, we are under attack in our own streets, by our own kids, who are being brainwashed by our enemies that have taken over our Congress... like, we got bigger issues than China invading Taiwan right now, dig???

4. lisavollrath profile image93
      lisavollrathposted 7 years agoin reply to this

We already spend 3X more than China, and 9X more than Russia, on our military. How 'bout getting those costs under control? How 'bout taking care of our citizens here, rather than stirring up trouble all over the globe?

5. gregas profile image83

Lisa, that is because China and Russia have kept theirs up and haven't been defending other countries the way we have. You don't have to spend as much that way. DUH.

6. Ken Burgess profile image79

Actually it has more to do with the fact that they don't pay their troops much at all, because they have no pensions or care to speak of, and they don't throw away billions in fat&waste to the "military industrial complex".

8. DM Heaberlin profile image60
    DM Heaberlinposted 7 years ago

I personally think it's a good thing. The military was practically demolished during the previous administration. Without our military to help fight for us, we would get ran over, worse than we already are. There is so much corruption all in this world, and within the military there are so many rules and regulations to follow. We would not (as a nation) able to fight for ourselves. We don't want to do what's necessary.

9. east-west pro profile image42
    east-west proposted 7 years ago

If a nation raises the defence budget, it does not show progression but it shows lack of security. India itself is spending almost half of its budget for defence.Human beings are much concerned about technology rather than peace! this has led to arms race!

Let every country has a budget for yoga and meditation and we will see a world without weapons!!

10. clivewilliams profile image73
    clivewilliamsposted 7 years ago

Typical American President. War, war war, Terrorism terrorism Terrorism. Then the voters, puppets puppets puppets.

1. gregas profile image83

And you expect to spend Monopoly money?!?!?!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)