What do you admire the most about Hillary Clinton?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Misfit Chick profile image75
    Misfit Chickposted 6 years ago

What do you admire the most about Hillary Clinton?

I just read Hillary Clinton's commencement speech at Wellesley University today - and clearly remembered why I voted for her despite her imperfections (and had been intending to long before Don came along): she gets it.

Politics is seldom about policies for me. I like people who are experienced & smart enough to see the big picture and make adjustments, as needed. If they can also come back from a remarkably-disappointing loss to make such an insightful & inspiring speech - that makes them a great leader; and Hillary is one WITHOUT becoming potus.

What is your favorite thing about Hillary?

2. RJ Schwartz profile image86
    RJ Schwartzposted 6 years ago

I've always admired Mrs. Clinton's abilities to extort, lie, steal, and coerce so many different people without ever being incarcerated.  It takes skill to push the blame for every wrongdoing in your life onto someone else's plate while you sit back enjoying the millions you've extorted from foreign governments for political favors.  I mean who else could possibly build a home brew e-mail server, outside of official channels, and then delete 30,000 e-mails while under subpoena and still remain a free citizen; not even charged.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image83
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I admire so so much that she's not my president! <3

2. Misfit Chick profile image75
      Misfit Chickposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The fact that U admire Hillary for those things shows why U admire those things in The Donald, so much - especially since his sins & scandals R so much more & greater. Plus, his ability to tweet childish rants is unparalleled! Admire on...

3. RJ Schwartz profile image86
      RJ Schwartzposted 6 years agoin reply to this

My oh my - you don't seem to grasp that my answer was pure sarcasm.  I don't admire anything about her or her family.

4. Misfit Chick profile image75

I would say U R the one who can't grasp sarcasm. I was hoping to get opinions of peeps who actually appreciate Hillary. Too bad haters feel so threatened along with an obvious need to express it - more & again, cuz we haven't heard it enough.

5. lisavollrath profile image92
      lisavollrathposted 6 years agoin reply to this

*sigh* this is why we can't have nice things.

6. lovemychris profile image76
      lovemychrisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

rightwingers have ruined hubpages. used to have discussions. now its just meaness and tripe. and yes, i know: ive been here longer than any of this clique. no wonder people leave. look at the forums. trumpaholics. yuk.

7. Austinstar profile image84
      Austinstarposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Genuine Cultists. The club of regressive whiners. I saw through 45 years ago. I just don't get that they think this evil, uneducated orange skinned man is worthy of such blind, yet literal worship.

8. lovemychris profile image76

hes the god of the thunder that comes out of their a$$. ever see howard stern? fartmannnn

9. RJ Schwartz profile image86
      RJ Schwartzposted 6 years agoin reply to this

In America, we have FREE SPEECH - like it or not.  If you want an all-Liberal site, then create one.  It sounds like some people on this thread want a cheerleader page where everyone agrees with things.....good luck with that

3. lisavollrath profile image92
    lisavollrathposted 6 years ago

I admire that she's dedicated most of her life to public service.

That, too... I had an image of her as a young girl and a quote; but I think I forgot to actually push the upload button. smile

4. stephenteacher profile image68
    stephenteacherposted 6 years ago

I loved the reset button with Russia. Not only was it misspelled, but we have had terrific relations with Russia ever since!

1. gregas profile image80
      gregasposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That actually was not a reset button. In reality that was "emergency stop" button. Anyone that works on machinery would know that.

5. Austinstar profile image84
    Austinstarposted 6 years ago

I most admire her intelligence and stamina. She has passed through 30 years of fire, false accusations, downright mean allegations and still remains one of the brightest and most admired woman on the planet.
    He strength inspires me to keep up hope for the future.

30 years of damn hard work against the stream in a white mans club - flung in your face largely bcuz of misogyny, ignorance, manipulation & misinformation. Any other white male politician with her record would be potus right now. Sickening.

2. gregas profile image80

The only reason she got as far as she did is because she IS a woman. NOT because of her capabilities.

3. lovemychris profile image76

nobody ever believes women.she told us about the vast right wing:check.told us trump was putins puppet:check.released 30 years of tax returns,trump and sanders hiding theirs.they both call her corrupt!patrarchy is stupid,but women arent.*equality*

4. Austinstar profile image84

It is true that if Hillary had balls, she would be the President, like her husband before her. But vaginas seem to make ugly men want ro stick it to them, definitely not in a good way.

6. Travis Kaoulla profile image59
    Travis Kaoullaposted 6 years ago

My favorite thing about Hilary and her husband is how well they've maneuvered themselves into the elite and into the hearts of the American public. Only true snakes can do both with as much success as the Clintons.

Why can't t-fans handle the fact that many people LIKE HC? You can believe many people like Trump - LOL! Brainwashing & ignorance R bliss. Go write your own question & have a party with your buddies.

2. gregas profile image80

Catherine, why can't people realize that their are people that like Trump? And not everyone is a fan of either of the Clintons.

3. lovemychris profile image76

oh fer...we realize, we realize! even a question asking what do you admire about her gets hillary-hate. the hate is everywhere, beamed off every airwave for 30 years. its an echo chamber of hate! blind leading the blind.we are woke. stronger together

7. Readmikenow profile image93
    Readmikenowposted 6 years ago

“Too bad haters feel so threatened along with an obvious need to express it”  MC, are you telling me you pose a question about one of the most controversial political figures in American history and DO NOT expect some negative feedback?  Should I post the question “What do you admire most about Donald Trump, his ability to defeat liberals, his business success, his ability to stand-up to a blatant biased media or something else?"  I would EXPECT you liberals to be very negative about such a questions.  That's because I deal with reality.  Have you really gotten any responses you didn't expect?

1. Austinstar profile image84

Why are you so angry? What did Hillary ever do to you? MFC didn't post a question like that. Why don't you post the one YOU think should be asked. I did post your question once and got no response at all. No one likes Donnie, get it?

2. GoldenRod LM profile image95
      GoldenRod LMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

"It is true that if Hillary had balls, she would be the President, like her husband before her. But vaginas seem to make ugly men want ro stick it to them, definitely not in a good way." And conservatives are angry?You lose trying to help them think.

3. Austinstar profile image84

What have I lost? I make a statement. You can agree or disagree. You can choose to not read my comments at all. I have lost nothing. But maybe I made you think about something. Life goes on.

4. Misfit Chick profile image75

Jeez, John - if the comment wasn't true, things would be different. Those of us who watched Hillary be demonized for decades by ugly white men & women know damn well why; but you're right - no point in trying to help them think.

5. Readmikenow profile image93
      Readmikenowposted 6 years agoin reply to this

"demonized for decades by ugly white men & women" MC..have you never watched a video about Hillary from Diamond and Silk? http://www.tmn.today/2016/10/diamond-si … y-hillary/

6. Misfit Chick profile image75
    7. Readmikenow profile image93

I wonder if liberal women like Hillary Clinton threatened by conservative women?  There are arguments to support this idea.
      http://www.libertyjuice.com/2014/09/30/ … ive-women/

8. Misfit Chick profile image75

For every 3 or 4 brainwashed guys there is at least 1 brainwashed chick. My point is none of the raging right-hype on Hillary is new - except they got to add emails & benghazi to their TAME list of scandals when compared to Trump or her peers.

9. Readmikenow profile image93

MC, Carly Fiorina, Michele Bachmann, Phyllis Schlafly,Condoleezza Rice and other conservative women would have wiped the floor with Hillary in any type of a debate. Trump soundly beat Hillary. Maybe YOU are the one who is brainwashed.

10. Misfit Chick profile image75

Depends, debates with Carly & Condoleeza might have been good - the other 2 are clearly brainwashed in religion. Not every conservative is brainwashed which is why so many DIDN'T vote for Trump. #NeverTrump REMEMBER? Not even CLOSE by Tman - LoL!

8. Shyron E Shenko profile image69
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 6 years ago

I most admire Hillary for her depth of character, her dedication in the face of the Jealous men who are willing to lie about her without regard to the truth because she is smarter than they are.

9. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 6 years ago

She is a survivor. No matter what comes her way, she gets back up. In a time when she could have retired and play with her grandkids, she choose to run for office. I disagree which her progressive policies but I can still admire her tenacity.

Thanks, Jack. I know you're not a fan of hers. I've managed to come to appreciate Trump's personality in the same way. He may be full of hubris & inexperience, but he dang sure tries hard and seems to WANT to do right for America as we all do.

10. Jaxxi profile image61
    Jaxxiposted 6 years ago

I just love the fact that she has been right there in on all of it as they assaulted us with the patriot act, she is there as trillions disappear from our government and no one knows anything and how she used to be a Republican die hard and now she thinks she's Democrat. I also think it's great how she refers to "us and them" when talking about government as a whole, and the American people. Real nice.

1. Austinstar profile image84

You are so misinformed and apparently cannot separate facts from fiction. The clue is that you speak in generalities, not specifics. And you think you know what she is thinking. You don't, you just repeat hearsay.

2. Misfit Chick profile image75

Again, thanks so much for popping in and sharing your hate - cuz those of us who appreciate this woman haven't heard your OLD, ignorant, brainwashed perspective quite enough, yet.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)