Is "Son Of God" NOT enough credentials for Ya?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (155 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years ago

?

If you have a degree or two or three you will be listened to. Yet Jesus did not have any. Yet he has been extremely influential in improving the world.

- Just contemplating the ultimate importance of "credentials" in the grand scheme of things.

1. lovetherain profile image80
      lovetherainposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Most people don't listen to words of wisdom, no matter where they come from

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

She starts out with the Sons of God?

Genesis 6:1-4 refers to the sons of God and the daughters of men. They grew into a race of giants (word Nephilim seems to indicate).
        Where are the physical bones of these giants in museums?

The Old testament was the book of the Jews.  Where is the connection Between Old testament OT and King James NT?. Half Christians don't even know the difference between what book is older, the NT or the OT. You think they would know from the title as a clue.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
          Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

First off, your claim about most Christians not knowing which came first is ludicrous. You undermine any credibility you hope to achieve by such claims.

As to the connection.  There is but one God. Connection made.

No evidence of giants. Well, there was no evidence of whales in the region. Until recently. Did giants exist? No evidence thus far. Does it matter? Only to those making ludicrous claims.

Bill Maher quoted from a survey.  Only about half of Americans are aware that Judaism is an older Religion than Christianity? That's right, half of America looks at books called the Old Testament and the New Testaments and cannot figure out which one came first.

I tend to think so, because even atheist know more about the bible than Christians.

Your undisputed claim of one God will be debated by millions of other Gods. Or why are people killed in the name of God's for more than any other reason.

There is plenty of evidence of whales worldwide existed. Ignorance no excuse. It's not my claim that giants did exist,  so why should God exist,  all claims are recorded in the book of universal truth and knowledge. Does it matter? Yes! who is making the ludicrous claims.

Millions of other gods would argue the claim? Bring them on. That would be fun.

1. Aime F profile image70
                Aime Fposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It’s a fair point if you care to stop arguing semantics.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

About 90℅ of wars are predominantly Religious. So us innocent non religious get killed  through your cross fires.

It always end up the same, solveing nothing and harms the natural environment over imaginary friends.

Back up your claim with facts, please. Otherwise, it is no less contentious a belief than many religious ones.

My claim is to have people think for themselves rather than be salves to a fairytale from the heirachary powers to be. Explain in thread : leading yourself first.

If you don't love yourself first, than you are lost in a Holly ghost host.

Who is claiming wars in the name of atheist or agnostics. Never heard it on the news ever. Prove me wrong.

2. MizBejabbers profile image87
            MizBejabbersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean "no evidence of giants"? How big do you want giants to be? Bodies of people 8' to 12' tall have been found in the U.S. Skeletons were dug up in Wisconsin, in western desert states and in a couple of states in the South. Evidence shows that a race of red-haired giants the western Native Americans speak of did exist.

what evidence? Prove it.

1. MizBejabbers profile image87

I can't prove anything to narrow-minded skeptics but I can offer evidence. Sorry but you won't find this on Fox News.

Lovelock Cave is the most well-known. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsil4Pvtt4k

There are others, check out the History Channel, Smithsonian Institution or just google "giants in america" or "giants in the world" There is even one church website that publishes this evidence, but the link is too long to work. It is a video on Youtube.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/02/giant-hum … wisconsin/

https://www.collective-evolution.com/20 … n-history/

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/new … ence-rome/

The western Native Americans for years have told about giants.

http://www.higherperspectives.com/ancie … 60112.html

I find no Genesis world record books.
                  The tallest man ever lives on in the history books and the Guinness World Records archives – Robert Wadlow to Sultan Kösen (who currently stands 8 ft 2.8 in. tall.

The reason National Geographic and Smithsonian don't report these giant bones is because they are fake. I know because I sculpture synthetic to look like real bones and artifacts for museum. From just by eye I can see these giant bones are not even good fakes.

1. The0NatureBoy profile image56
                    The0NatureBoyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

In the 1950's and 60's in Fort Worth, Texas there was a pair of shoes in a department store called "Everybodys" larger than two size 10 human shoes and a photo of a supposedly 6 foot boy next to another who looked twice his height. In those days there was no "photoshopping" of photos.

2. lone77star profile image72
          lone77starposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Castlepaloma, biblical literalism misses everything!

The "sons of God" has several different uses throughout the Bible. But mostly, it refers to those who come directly from God -- spirit -- rather than those who are "of the physical realm."

The greater understanding of Genesis and the Flood can be found in my book, The Bible's Hidden Wisdom: God's Reason for Noah's Flood.

And the Pentateuch was written by Kabbalists in their "Language of Branches" to speak of spiritual things. Their Tree of Life matrix is embedded in Genesis 4 and 5. And we now know the identity of the Daughters of men -- the target of the Flood itself.

We have two different perspective of what spiritual means. I could say your lack of facts is sad. I have faith in Gravity, love, peace, happiness, prosperity and a long life.

My spiritual sidedness is for present experiences and personal growth, in exploring the vas unknown Universe aiming for the source of good intentions. Through the diversity of gut, mind and lead by heart, 3 brain system. Not claiming to know the 99℅ unknown mass of the planet earth.

Your is someone else experience of what spiritual is. A second or many hand me downs with many wrong translations. You claim all the answers about the earth and Universe is in your God's book. Regardless of 1000s of Christians domination and millions of religious conflicts and contradiction.

Sons of God and Supernatural heros stories are made up like Hollywood super heros fantasy to distract people from painful realities and true love.

I know from experience my artwork that deals in fantasy's and reality of museum works on displays.

You can't tell me what fish taste like, if you have not eaten fish. Don't tell me what spiritual is, unless you experience traveling all these spiritual worlds in the Universe and came back to tell us about it. Like Jesus traveling to hell, just to tell these internal tortured souls, he is suffering worst then they are.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image56

LONE STAR, The "sons of god" at the flood represent people with the abilities demonstrated by Jesus but not the understanding of the earth's plain while the "sons of god" we who believe on "the begotten sons of god" are to obtain. The 10 virgins will become "the begotten sons of god" with 5  following Elijah (who is yet to come but supposed to have been here since about 1948), once he manifests for "restoring all things," into Armageddon will have the complete understanding of earth and its purpose are spiritual "sons of god". My hubs reveals that and more.

2. Live to Learn profile image60

Jesus credentials came with the miracles performed. No degree required.

We can't do miracles so, the value of our words would be determined by how enacting them follows Jesus guideline of the two commandments. If your words are negative,critical, self centered and judgemental of others I'd say you've lost all credibility. From a spiritual standpoint.

They say these clergyman are special guys. Why can't they show us a sign of miracles. Like a big halo over their head or fly around the room.

Can't go by hearsay or bronze age where we live triple their life expectancy. Not impressed.

1. lone77star profile image72

Castlepaloma, your lack of faith is profoundly sad. Your need for proof will prevent you from experiencing miracles. You are clogging up the miracle pathway with your darkness. You rely on continuity-based reality, but it is the discontinuity-based creation that made your reality possible.

Live to Learn, there are many of what we call miracles happening on earth today but kept away from us-en-mass. I am one but don't talk about it as me but as someone else. Your problem is your mind filled with "Judgmental Adjectives" doesn't allow you to objectively observe, participate to see different outcomes and reasoning with them for communicating your findings to others, education's meaning, but accepts hook, line and sinker of what those with social credentials reveals.

The time is too short for us to "sleep walk" unless we want our blood in the finial war's "sea of blood" it is going to spill.

Yeh. Ok.

2. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A miracle is an event/action that violates the laws of nature and physics.

Problem is that what is being called a "miracle" today is simply an event that we cannot assign a cause to; that in our ignorance we do not understand fully.  That does not mean it violates natural laws; it means we are ignorant of the cause.

I don't think you can have a meaningful conversation on miracles with someone who has already decided they are producing them. The ego trip is pretty much a one way ticket.

1. wilderness profile image95

big_smile  I think you are right.  A "son of god" will define what is and what is not a miracle himself.  As well as the meaning of words that already have well established meanings.

In fairness, I would think a person who had been been homeless with only one skimpy outfit to wear, for years, might consider survival a miracle. And, if aid was asked for and denied, would attribute that miracle to their own resources of spirit.

That's what I said - labeling an event a miracle that does not violate natural laws does not make it one.  It just says it's unusual or that we are ignorant of a cause.

Perhaps we've just watered down the meaning of the word so that we can claim supernatural forces at work when there are none, but if so it's not a meaning I choose to accept.  Changing meanings in order to better spin what we say or be able to use a superlative where we shouldn't never will be.

Right, Houdini loved to explain magician's tricks that some people thought were "miracles." Even Moses' and Aaron's "miracle" of the snakes in Exodus has been explained.

True "dat", Wilderness, true dat.

3. lone77star profile image72

No, wilderness. It means YOU are ignorant of the cause. Some things are miracles, exactly because they break the laws of physical reality -- on purpose -- by someone who knows not only physical law, but spiritual law, too. The programmer writes new code or merely pulls the plug on one of the modules.

Certainly, there have been ignorant people in the past who could not explain things. But they are not the only examples. Your statement is an argument from ignorance logical fallacy.

And you can learn new things, only if you're humble enough to know that you don't know everything. Good luck!

3. The0NatureBoy profile image56

Yes, "son of god" is credential enough.

It's like Castlepaloma said, there is the "refer(ence) to the sons of God and the daughters of men" although few, if any, know exactly what that mean because few, if any know man's definition is "minds able to comprehend all things." That would make someone "woven (wo of woman) or hewed (hu of human) from man to mean "minds unable to comprehend all things" because of their minds of evil and good. That would make woman and human be to man what tadpoles are to frogs, an early stage of man not understanding spiritual things, only carnal living.

Pre flood woman are called "daughters of men" while those with a knowledge of both spiritual and carnal things are called "sons of man" and the "giants" referred to represent "mental abilities" although there were giant bodies on earth. Thus, both sons of god and daughters of men became giant minds with the abilities of god but without any guidance in how to properly use it. When the "sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown" caused I AM THAT I AM to kill those abilities out of all woman except those Noah and sons in the Ark represent and separated them from the drowned daughters of men among the four primary ethnics in Asia, Australia (Aboriginals), America and Europe (Druids).

The messiah called Jesus came along and told us we are like tadpoles and needs to morph, he call "born again", into man which doesn't happen until civilization ends. Just before it ends ten (%) virgins (of civilization's population) will enter Armageddon until the final battle has spilled a "red sea of human blood" but five of the virgins don't get touch by and after it's over they give birth to the dead in christ before together they replenishes the earth with the whole 100% before rapturing. Those who raptures are authentic sons of god and why I say Yes.

4. MizBejabbers profile image87

Kathryn, the discussion of credentials has to be put into a time frame to be relevant. I don't believe we can compare today's intellectual snobbery with the standards of "learned people" 2,000 years ago. In Jesus time there were no college degrees among these nomadic people. In fact, I believe I remember that he was called "rabbi" and "master" because he was recognized as a "learned man." Those were enough credentials for the day. Nobody can prove that he was "the only begotten son of God". In fact, some of the claims made, whether made by him or someone else, is what got him crucified. "King of the Jews" is an example.
      In today's society people are often judged by the "paper" they carry, and it is getting more difficult to make it on one's own intelligence. This IMHO is a product of our modern-day intellectual snobbery. I can name a couple of very successful people who do not have degrees. Peter Jennings, a former anchor of ABC News, was a high school dropout, and former FEMA Director James Lee Witt has only a high school diploma. Some of the pioneers in the computer industry were college dropouts who brought only brilliance and in some cases, great business acumen to their jobs, but that is getting more and more difficult to do today.
      Another thing I just thought about: Greedy people in the business of educating our young people. I'm speaking of colleges and universities, student loan financiers, people who own the housing these students live in, you get the picture.  If our up and coming generations were allowed to be successful in the corporate world without paper pedigrees, where would all these corporations and the people who work for them make money?

Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. I  greatly appreciate your contribution here.

To obtain a degree requires the ability to borrow, beg and steal much of this stuff: $$$$$$$! You need many advantages to be able to get a degree, and not necessarily included is intelligence. Plus the fact that one may not actually learn that much through the process which includes obtaining good grades by hook or crook. Nowadays, people can cheat like crazy via PCs/technological devices. I know many a woman who made it onto the public school staff through the use of their husband's math abilities via THEIR fingers and brains! How do I know this? They have told me!

+++++

That is why modern society has changed the definition of "educate" into the actual definition of "school". Schooling is defined as "conditioning others to blindly follow leaders to their own demise" like a school of fish will: educate is defined as "objectively observing, participating for different outcomes, reasoning with them and being able to explain it to others". That's why the state pushes "education" on everyone, they are in control of our lives after it, enough to go to "treason induced" war as the US has ever since 1898, 120 years worth.

5. lone77star profile image72

Kathryn, demand for credentials is a logical fallacy -- an appeal to authority. There is no greater authority than knowledge that works or is demonstrably true. Christ did that repeatedly.

A janitor could say "E = mc squared," and Einstein's equation would be no less true because someone without a PhD in physics said it.

Christ seemed to despise the biblical literalists of his day (Pharisees), because they lived by the lettter of scripture, but not the spirit of it.

Today's biblical literalists (Fundamentalists and atheists alike) are equally guilty of not "getting" it.

There is so much more to learn, so long as we cannot move entire galaxies, heal the sick or take the time to spend with those who remain more unfortunate than us. We need to remain humble in order to perform that learning. With so much disagreement in biblical interpretation, only one viewpoint on any one idea can be true -- but more likely none of the interpretations are entirely true. That doesn't make them bad. So long as we treat each thing we learn as a stepping stone toward God's Truth, we are following Christ. When we become attached to dogma and sit down on the path before arriving, then we have failed in our quest. We become a stumbling block like Elijah-John the Baptist not remembering his mission.

Einstein changed the world as a lowly patent clerk. Christ changed the entire universe with his message of Truth and Love. Yet, everything said about Jesus by his supposed followers is not necessarily true.

For instance, the concept of "trinity" is not in the Bible. It's nowhere to be found. And the one passage which Trinitarians point is itself a sham -- a modification of scripture from a scribe's footnote. A large part of Christianity dwells on this lie, while missing the bigger picture -- that we are all potentially sons of God. We achieve that by living of the spirit (the Holy Ghost), rather than as a body. We are immortal spirit wrapped in fragile, temporary flesh. And everlasting life is the continuity of consciousness achieved by depending on spiritual thought rather than brain thought.

Genesis tells that man was created twice! Once in the image of God, and once from the dust of the ground. And I assure you, God's image is not dust. And God is not Homo sapiens.

1. NatureBoy0 profile image61
        NatureBoy0posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lone Star, I don't think there is that much to learn but how to apply what we learned, via education (objectively observing, participating to recognize different outcomes, reasoning with them for presenting our findings to others) to the whole since I see cycles to everything and each individual thing represents something in the cycles. So, if we can see the cycles we can see we can locate their places in the infinite cycle and make it very little to be learned. The thing is we must learn everything as a whole and no a incomplete thing judging creates a vision of.

As for the trinity, there is room for it, beginning with where Moses was told " if they will not believe thee, neither hearken to the voice of the first sign, that they will believe the voice of the latter sign" and especially since he is told he would be "god" to the people or Pharaoh. Then there's 2 stones smitten in the wilderness representing two different messiahs along with the "Rod" from the stem of Jesse and the "Branch" to grow out of his roots showing two. That, then, would justify Jesus' saying " in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy ghost" from whence the trinity is deduced.

I also concur with the double making of man. Those first man were both genders in god "them's" image who were told to multiply while the one from the dust, although plants was produced on the third day, wasn't told to multiply but told not to eat "the knowledge of good and evil". That is done intellectually and not by the mouth. It is for that cause Adam and Eve died mentally and became "unable to comprehend all things" as a "woven from man" and "hued from man" being in complement man (Minds able to comprehend all things) would become.

God isn't "Homo Sapiens"? It means "minds (god is a them is written) with the ability to become wise" and doesn't god have all wisdom? Then how can you say that?

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

People have listened to Jesus and still do to this day.
    People sense truth from their own souls ...
    when they are in touch with them.

Uh...not quite.  They listen to somebody that professes to tell them what an unknown writer dead for millenia claimed Jesus said.

Or, just as likely. They decide what they want to believe and attribute it to God. Because they 'heard a voice in their head'.

That little voice in the head is all mighty powerful. That subconscious bipolar to the conscious mind leads people to believe it had to be God done it, can't explain. Or the devil made me do it.

Or because they want to do something so God has told them to do it.  Humans have a tremendous capability to rationalize and that particular method is very common.

3. The0NatureBoy profile image56

Or they really have morphed into what is called god as the one called in the book, Jesus, told us to and are "pens mightier than swords".

British empire pushed for the pen is mightier than the sword. Like many empires and religions they collapsed too.

Because the "pen" literally means "understanding of life" and is something few if any of us have, so only the individuals with the understanding is mightier than the sword.

Wilderness, will wonders never cease. For once I'm in agreement with you

lol

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

The fact that he spoke the truth was enough.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

I believe the New Testament to be a real and true historical document.
    Some do some don't.
    Each to their own.

5. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 5 years ago

Degrees are credentials that can be checked and verified. Being the son of God is not verifiable.

But alas I think determining his existence in general would be the first step rather than what his credentials were.

I disagree, Aime, Sons of god do things few people normally do in conditions most believe they will discarnate in. What you see of me in my photo has been my only type attire since 1984 in 3 degrees F to 110 degrees F, that I know of, is my proof (until I got a room in 2012 preparing to enter my position of destiny).

1. Aime F profile image70
        Aime Fposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That’s... an interesting standard of proof.

LOL

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

ON THE OTHER HAND: Obtaining g a degree shows discipline, dedication, self mastery and motivation. It shows you know how to accomplish and get things done.
    Education toward a degree has its value, of course.
    Trade schools may be a better choice for some, though. Many people make it through high school and graduate with little ability for anything. They have drifted through with minimum effort and now they must attempt to fit into the world somehow ...
    etc.

That is especially true when one obtained their degree by educating themselves and not by having someone's comprehension POUNDED into them.

This actually happened to me. Back in the late 60s and 70s, we women were breaking into broadcasting, and people entering broadcasting were actually apprenticing. I did not get paid for a lot of the things that I did, but my talent was recognized and then I entered the job market. In fact at that time if an applicant had a broadcasting degree, he or she usually was rejected because they were taught to "do things by the book" and this was a time of real creativity. It was a time of learning and of fun.

There was a glass ceiling in broadcasting at that time, and I was one of the women who broke through. One place where I worked would not allow a woman on the air. I spent three years as an mainly a copy writer, but I also learned traffic and production. Then I went to a medium-size market of 200,000 where I started as a copy writer and in production (the producing of commercials), then the station put me on first as a news anchor and then as a disk jockey. I  was licensed and had learned all phases of broadcasting covered by that license and then some. I worked as a news reporter and anchor at a regional network. I covered the State Capitol and even some national news as a stringer for CBS, Mutual Network, and AP Radio. I had a year and a half of college but no degree.

By the 1980s it became increasingly difficult for me to find a job. I learned that the very industry that I helped pioneer was rejecting me because I did not have the degree that we used to laugh at.

I went back to college and got two degrees, a BA and an MA in journalism. I didn't take broadcasting because the only thing they could teach me was to run the new automated equipment that was coming out. I didn't like automation so I went into newspaper and then into legal editing. Even in my journalism classes, students would come to me for help because they knew that I was a professional who had made it. They asked why I went back to college because I was already a success. I usually answered for self-fulfillment because I didn't want them to know the real reason. I really felt betrayed by my industry.

Why am I telling you this? Because today even Jesus Christ would be required to show a diploma in theology or else he would be working at McDonalds.

Thank You!

You said that last statement correctly, MizB, except Jesus wouldn't be working except for conveying his message of the times for encouraging repentance.

Elijah, I appreciate your remark, but the point I was making was that nobody would be listening to him. Well, maybe a few desperate or uneducated folks like the followers of Jim Jones or Marshall Applewhite. Do you think he would be fed and taken care of like he was 2,000 years ago? I don't, unless he joined the ranks of the homeless and went to the Salvation Army or some other Christian charity. Today we just don't have that kind of human compassion unless it's affiliated with some credentialed group.

According to my understanding of prophecy, MizB, some people from every position in civilization is supposed to receive the message the second Christ brings and not just Jews and Christians but Drug addicts, Drunk, Killers, Molesters, Rapers and every other type person we know of. That is the mystery of "the knowledge of good and evil" that brought everything into existence and is why Jesus said we must be "Born Again."

We don't recognize "The Rebirth" is the only means of repenting since repent means "to turn away from doing because of liking and disliking and began doing everything according a way that maintains harmony between the different life types." That is a far cry from traditional Christian and Jewish beliefs.

- rebirth can also mean new awareness of the truth of one's being.

KLH, isn't "to turn away from doing because of liking and disliking and began doing everything according a way that maintains harmony between the different life types" a "new awareness of the truth"?

yep.

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

I disagree, if Jesus returned today, he would draw crowds of people as he did in those days: those in touch with their souls. Those who hear his words, which for them, ring true.

Of course, many here will say people are so easily led and led into cult-like thinking or fantasy thinking.

If Jesus came today, telling us the same things he told us 2000 years ago,  I believe a majority of people would listen. I however, would go up to him as say, "What do you mean???? Tell me the truth! I am ready!"

... and hopefully I would be telling the truth. neutral

Would not Jesus be busy destroying the earth and bring all the Christians to heaven or at least the ones who had won the lottery to go to heaven.

no.

As Jesus said, the harvest is abundant but the laborers are few. How many Christians are laborers?  ... working in appropriate ways to bring themselves into heaven?

The first thing to make us know the second Christ is here, Castlepaloma, is "the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant" (Malachi 3:1) which is the the US' White House where he will shortly after be killed and buried for 72 hours (since Jesus was only in the ground about 36 hours). Then he's to implement the U.S. Constitution which will usher in world peace (Isaiah 2:2-4) for the sealing of the 10% who are to survive the world's end (Rev. 7). Once he releases the nation back to the people it will be destroyed by double the weaponry she has used in the "Treasonous Wars" she has fought in since 1898 until that day (Rev. 18) which is the same as Daniel 2:45's beginning of "The Battle Of That Great Day of God Almighty" (Rev. 16:14) that terminates everyone not in Armageddon.

KLH, Scripture suggests many people will listen to the second Christ but only 10% of the earth's population (ten virgins parable) will actually obey his teaching with only half of them enters Armageddon. The other half becomes "the dead in Christ" replacing Revelation 6:9-11's who discarnated at the termination of this civilization (Rev. 14:13) during the last cycle's ending. That 10% are the only people who are actually "those in touch with their souls."

well, they all have souls they can get in touch with. This is God's hope: that they will get in touch with the spark that created them with which they were made and are sustained, thereby.
        ... according to my understanding.

Their destinies have them in a state of consciousness that will not allow the comprehension to penetrate their consciousnesses at this time, may be during Revelation 21's civilization where human have no physical bodies (verse 4).

Really?

"...10% of the earth's population (ten virgins parable)"

Did the mathematics of the time include the use of percentages?  1/100th of a whole I imagine they understood, but was the concept of that number strong enough and important enough to warrant a specific designation and symbol?  If so, what was it?

If not (and I suspect it was not - percentages come directly from a base 10 numbering system, which the Romans did not have), then the parable has no connection to 10%.

How do you know the Romans did not have a base 10 numbering system?

MAYBE the Greeks did. Or something similar.

It doesn't matter, KLH, the message is for these days and was not for those days.

... evidently and apparently, as far as you know.
              I, however, see/understand it differently.

I am willing to listen to your "different understanding" provided it doesn't include any of the multitude of "judgmental adjectives" woman use to describe almost everything.

3. wilderness profile image95

Roman Numerals don't have a base.

You must remember, Wilderness, Jesus spoke in parables so the people would not understand and "be saved" at that time, salvation is for the termination of civilization which, during the body of civilization man-en-mass continues to reincarnate only a select few like Enoch, Moses, Elijah and the first Christ, the scriptures reveals were saved during civilization's mainstay. This civilization is like the morning of a day with Adam and Eve the first rays of the sun and the flood the full sun upon the earth, now we have come to Civilization's set where, just like it is as soon as the sun sets and one is not looking at the setting but north, east or south, there is a balance between dark and light where everything is seen clearly like we now see all the secrets governments has kept from their people all these years. Revelation 21's civilization is an evening civilization.

we are in the kali yuga

At the end of kali yuga, yes!!!

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

what about free will?

"Free will" is an illusion of the evil/good mentality, there is none when we realize we are what I call "living robots" and each manifestation is made to perform exactly what they are doing like the various organs and substances in our bodies. They must perform their assigned tasks. We are entities in "god's" body until it is time for one's life-force to become the life-force of the "Zeroverze" that the Phoenix is a metaphor of.

2. lovetherain profile image80

Yugas are time cycles. Nothing to do with free will. just lower levels of consciousness.

Yes the Yugas are time cycles just like days, years, centuries and the like are, the difference, lovetherain, is it's just like in the Christian religions, the ministers don't have a complete comprehension how everything happening in the cycles are relative to the requirement of the cycles. The requirement of the Yugas is for it to appear to some minds to be levels of consciousness when all parts of the cycle must have some of everything in any part in every part. It's how we are taught to focus that makes it appear as levels of consciousnesses to us.

it is my understanding that during the kali yuga, most people's consciousness is lower than it the other yugas.

Jesus spoke in a language that 1st century people would not understand, with the hope that they would translate it correctly for 20th century English?

Seems a rather forlorn hope to me...

Call it forlorn all you want, that doesn't change anything, but, if you change yourself from using judgmental adjectives at all it wouldn't be forlorn, it would just be the way existence works.

I'm sorry, but "existence" does not work that way.

Rather it is a rather obvious attempt to put your own imagination to work, using biblical references to reinforce it without regard to whether it makes sense or not.

In this case I don't believe that the people of the time used percentages as a part of their life.  The reference to the 10 virgins is thus nothing more than pure imagination and certainly false.  Coming up with the exceedingly far fetched idea that Jesus was speaking to the 20th century rather than to the people he was addressing is nothing more than an attempt to rationalize an idea that has no basis in reality.

The person called Jesus had a more complete understanding than human during his time, he obviously visualized the cycle governing earth and presented what he knew the messiah following him would recognize since it was meant to be revealed at a later time than Jesus'.

8. Oztinato profile image76
    Oztinatoposted 5 years ago

Only fundamentalists and atheists take biblical symbols literally. It's the one thing they have in common; and both "premises" are based on poor education.

I  am a fundamental-atheist which makes my premise an educated one.

9. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago

Christains and all their denominations is the largest, weirdest and most conflicting group I have ever met.

The most freakiest place I have ever lived was Creston BC, a rocky mountain border town, for 3 years. I called Twin Peaks. Experiencing is knowing. Most churches/bars per capita than anywhere. The bars are where they go to wash their sins away.

The cows live in difference time zones and the people too. Some People go out to restaurants in their pajamas. Also some polygamists Mormon families take their dozen kids out to these places. That really turns me off -group sex. Mormon's came knocking on our door about every 3 weeks. Mormon women told me only 144,000 men go to heaven, no women. The best Mormon men get a entire planet to own with 33 babes. You would think these women would choose another Religion with a better fairytale ending.

I dated a black woman, only one in town, luckily the KKK smokes pot, so they wouldn't kill us, just talk a lot of shit about us.

My best friend is a Seventh Adventist. Many films were about the end of world. We would watch the Sons of God films together, that reminded of the movie 300. A 12 ft. bronze Sasquatch stands at the beer plant. Mmmmmm thought more evidence to support Sasquatch than Biblical giants.

Had three Christians girlfriends in a row, they all dumped me because I could not be saved. I would be dragged into church to listen to some special guy talk about loving your enemies. I don't have any enemies, so I can't join this church. It's funny, I can accept religious people, but they can't accept me for who I am, non religious and free thinking.

That is why I AM all denominations of Christianity, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu Taoist, scientist, researcher and every other types of Seekers of Truth, by integrating rather than dividing judgments are elevated and comprehending truth is more attainable and what I would call a "free thinker."

10. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

We have free will. Free will is self guided will.
    Do we not guide ourselves?

If God has free will, he will do anything he wants too anyway. The same for us, if each one of us do not harm anyone.

It is bad for us to harm someone. We will suffer knowing what we did.  When we don't suffer, when another suffers, that is cause for concern. We need to know when our actions harm others. Sometimes we are just too ignorant to know. Perhaps ignorance is the greatest problem that humans have.
        It's good to isolate the difficulty.

How do you think can we become more wise and less ignorant, Castlepaloma?

Living in the now and loving your work is the best action we can take to mastering life and exploring the spirtual unknowns.

Taking lessons from the horrors of people in living in the stone and bronze age in Religious books. Is not advancing our civilization from continuous social and economic crisis. Our happiness is more about our health and what we can forget.

I can look at human history unattached in order to forget at will. It's when people live in the pass, they can't escape it's willful ignorance and hardships beyond our comprehension.

But to live in the present successfully, one must know the mistakes others have made ... in history.

History is important because history helps you understand the past to predict the future and help in creating it. ... understanding history helps us avoid repeating the mistakes over and over again. The more we study history , the wiser we become. Doomed are those who can't interpret history well.

I like the myth and many mediphors of Jesus, it just all the wrong translations that creates conflicts and contradiction.

Magic or miracle can relate to phenomena is any thing which manifests itself. Phenomena are often, but not always, understood as "things that appear" or "experiences" for a sentient being, or in principle may be so.

Yes. The misinterpretations.

There are no mistakes, KLH, they are learning experiences we will not comprehend until incarnating into everlasting life.

I can't take your word on that, unless you have been to these spirit world's and came back to tell.

CP, We all have been many times so it is only that maybe I am in a more reawakening place than you that you can't accept my words. If this is your time to become "enlightened" you will agree when your time comes. You don't sound like you are very far from it as I read your posts so I've decided to follow you (and read some of your older writings when I have the chance).

Castlepaloma (CP), Civilization happens in cycles and because we discarnates we forget our past lives until we incarnates into what is called "everlasting life" where we remembers everything of our every incarnation. So "the beat goes on" ceaselessly.

I'll wait and see what happens, you can go ahead and prepare your whole life for it.

Deleted

By the law of karma it is only "bad' when you are in the receiving body and "good" when you are in the giver's. In that's the way "you reap what you sow". By incarnating as the "the giving of the act" in one cycle and later incarnate in "the receiver of the act" in a later cycle for sowing is the law of karma validated.

Castlepaloma, God does have free will that's why it created karma. In that way everything we do to any other being, living or inanimate, we are doing to ourselves.

Yes, KLH, we do "guid our own will" but to know it we must recognizing where in our evolution process we are. We must understand we are the source of the evolutionary process and also a part of it. Until one comprehends what that mean they can't understand how we "guid our one wills."

11. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

how can we interpret correctly.
    we can't. we just can't with the information at hand.
    we are in a seemingly desperate situation for those who want to know. For those who don't want to know,
    Life is good!
    smile

... until they NEED to know, that is.

I like the way you work your imagination. It's leads for me to write another thread.

We really can't, KLH, until after we are qualified for "everlasting life" which will all terminate sending us back into the dead mindset we are presently in.

12. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

What about people who are nice to you just so they can get what they need out of you .... usually material things. I am a nice person who gets easily sucked in by those who just want to take advantage of my niceness. Its enough to make you hard and mean just to protect yourself. These problems are based on mistakes. Mistakes in consciousness.

These mistakes can be deadly.

For instance: Good hearted business men/women, who start out wanting to help people, are cheated, used and taken advantage of until they become jaded and crushed. They begin to trust no one and determine that no one else will get away with taking advantage of them. They become concerned only with acquiring wealth which will give them power and protection from hurt. These men/women become ruthless and we all know the story from here.

Mistakes.

Jesus' response was to drive the money changers out of the temple.
      That is good correction. Did he have credentials for this action?
      No, but drive-out he did.

we can and all do this: drive-out ...

and be still.

KLH, the "people who are nice to you just so they can get what they need out of you" are the people you will be in different cycles or have been in previous cycles (each person represent a different cycle at this exact time in the cycle) so they are who you were when doing it to them, who you shall be when doing it to them or it may be some you have been and the others you shall be at this point of time in the cycle.

Your "for instance" is only the results of the karma you will have to or already has endured. Although we will, in some incarnation, be in both ends of your "for instance" to some extent, it does not concern us until either we have to endure it or after we have incarnated into our "eternal life incarnations" where we will remember being both sides of it (John 14:26).   

Concerning your "money changers" post: Each money changer he drove out were his own previous incarnations. By Mary being his mother he had carnal karma to reap, by his father being a "Holy Ghost" (a whole man who could do what ghosts do like he did after his resurrection) all of his sowings during his earthen sojourn was to the spirit  as "Galatians 6:7-8, Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting" reveals. So, yes, we can do such driving out and still...

13. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

There is science ....  there is beauty. Nature is a combination of both. Science we accept ... beauty we accept, but the source of both we cannot fathom.

I would say that the source of truth, science and beauty comes from a real place. If a person presents what is real, his truth should be felt, understood and enjoyed. Not rejected because the person has no "credentials."

What people do not have is good antenae. They accept what is false and reject what is real.

Too bad for them, I say.

KLH, Science is "the study of" which require objectivity while Beauty is a "judgment" which eliminates objectivity, so, if we "study the environments" of civilization and the self-reproducing environment "objectively" truth reveals itself but without objectivity "misinformation" reveal itself. Thus, the real place whence truth comes is our own objective minds which fills us with joy under all circumstances.

14. Glenis Rix profile image94
    Glenis Rixposted 5 years ago

Getting back to the original point in this thread - I don't believe that Jesus improved the world, whether or not you choose to believe that he was the son of God.

Religious crusades were fought in attempts to impose Christianity on those with different beliefs; the Spanish Inquisition tortured tens of thousands of people, innocents in Western society were burned at the stake because they were Catholic/non-Catholic, depending on the beliefs of the  incumbent rulers at the time. Hitler ( supposedly a Christian) murdered millions of Jews. And the current state of the world suggests that' civilised' society is just as horrible as it ever was - regardless of whichever religion people choose to adopt.

Isn't it time that everyone started to take responsibility for their own actions, without using religion as an excuse? In my opinion, Humanism is the way forward.

1. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Makes sense- a LOT of sense!

The world can not be improved, it is designed to be as it is; there are individuals within the world, 10% per the ten virgins parable, required to evolve out of it while another 10% of new life-forces evolves in for replacing them and experience every act produced and experienced by the total of people the world over. That requires multiple billions of incarnations by each life-force before qualifying to "ascend" out of civilization.

15. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

I can't stand it. I just can't stand it.

16. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

Jesus came at a very dark time in history. He changed the people's hearts and gave the world hope and salvation with belief in a single God, who created them: A Father. One who loves and forgives.

Jesus brought hope where there was terrible despair, love where there was hatred, forgiveness where there was senseless tormenting guilt and gave those (anyone) who were receptive, a conscience and a desire to do good and live with love for themselves, each other and humanity.

Check BCE history to see how the world has improved from those times of worshipping multiple gods, sacrificial rituals, rampant slavery and injustice ... There was no sense of truth or reality.

Even the Jews had gone astray. Whether they acknowledge it or not, Jesus' influence even helped to reform them!

Jesus influence for good throughout these two thousand and eighteen years has been awesome. (Understatement.) That some religious zealots took it too far is beside the point in this discussion.

It happens ...

because man is fallible.

All of civilization's time is just as "dark" and as "bright" as any part except at the beginnings and endings. Jesus only changed the hearts of the 120 in the upper room on the day of "pentecost" and their spreading their experiences with him changed people's hearts until his message became something preached but not lived, including teaching him as being "leprous as snow" (Exodus 4:6).

Today's world worships multiple religions pretending to be representatives of god bathos can anyone worship a god that isn't within themselves since Jesus said that is where god's kingdom is located (Luke 17:21)? Today's people-en-mass "worships something they don't have any idea of what or where it is" Jesus taught us to look within ourselves but that isn't where today's religions teach us to look.

That all happens because that is the way earth's civilizations are designed to operate throughout eternity.

17. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

PS: The crusades were to defend Christianity against the threats of Radical Islam.
    ... which we continue to fight against and resist to this very day.

The different between a predominantly Christians country soldier like the US and Muslims countries soilders is. Us is killing mostly millions of women and children. Muslims soilders are mainly killing US soilders protecting their resources and family.

Meanwail US is Leaving 10s millions homeless and refugees. Americans must redefined who is the number One terrorist in the world is. Because these brown People will not be crushed like the brown American Natives. Make no mistake.

All wars the US has fought were in violation of the Constitution that say our militaries for Defense only, thus, the US is on a "crusader" against living by any way except as dictated by these Disunited States of America.

Yes, the American Constitution is the most well written equality documents that may have ever been written.

The 8th American amendment is not for the death penalty,  I am for any death penalty.

Yet America is the greater offenders of killing and prisoners in the world. What good is a Christians moral compass when it's breaks more international and it's own Constitutional laws than anyone.

You got my vote!!!

18. Glenis Rix profile image94
    Glenis Rixposted 5 years ago

My understanding is that the Great Schism of 1054 CE,when the Greek Orthodox Church was established in a split from the Holy Roman Catholic Church, was a trigger for first crusade, instigated by the Roman Catholic Church in 1094 in an attempt to reclaim authority over the whole of Christendom.

You get my vote, Glenis.

19. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

I can't stand it!

20. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

Briefly: Islamic Terrorists are out to get all Christians all over the world and they always have. They want to eradicate evil US citizens, hate America and have the ambition to take over the world.

Islamic extremists are preaching and indoctrinating all Muslims. Many good Muslims are now having trouble distinguishing between the message of the original and the corrupted religion because the terrorists are so pervasive and unrelentless.

True Muslims must come to the table and fight more strongly against the terrorists, but if they do their lives are in danger.

So, we should just sit back and let that happen.

No, we fight.
    We close our borders
    We protect and defend.
    We have a long historical record of defending democratic countries, our allies.

Should we, the US, be in the Middle East for oil only?
    Should we, the US, be greedy for wealth?
    Should we, the people, be be greedy for wealth?

We are all guilty.
    Who doesn't want to survive and survive well.

We must hold to established boundaries/laws to promote justice and fairness.

We need Superman to help enforce them.

If Muslims came to the table to fight terrorism. They would be shot calling America the number one terrorist.

Just like Israel and Palestinians, Palestinian kill 30 of them in 10 year, Israeli kill 1000s of them. When Palestinians before 1945 own the whole country. Today even UN calls it racist, yet UN co-op with westerns nations and do nothing.
      Absolutely disgraceful.

Mandela South Africa was called a terrorist at one time. Same for the founding fathers of America were terrorist to loyalist.  The Empires are always beem the main terrorist in history, by killing mostly women and children.

I don't think you quite understand the pervasive, insidious, evil influence of Islamic Extremism.

On a personal bases I have friends who are Muslims. Some have dropped out of the Muslim faith, because, Gods must be Crazy like Christian faith.

Traveled most of the Middle East . My professional history studies of museum and theme displays show me a deeper level than most people could ever experience. Plus I know American well enough too.

In modern times, Americans have created these false flag Attacks on every countries they engaged in. The larger mischievous false flag Attacks was 9/11, they still use that one to attack Muslims today.

There is the odd Muslims may of gone insane when you killed their family.

There will be no :One World Religion: that will ever happen, why fight for eternity?  I'm a lover, not a fighter. Be fearless and bust those fears away..Or you really won't go to heaven.

No. The Islamic terrorists committed the act of war: 9/11. They got away with it thanks to ??

Like George Carlin said, I don't Believe anything the Government tell me, not at all ... at all. Or course when you believe in God you will be over obedience to what ever Authorities want you to believe, in an over ego group world.

Steel frame towers withstand  strong force winds, and earthquakes. No plane in the history of flying has entire destroyed a skyscraper, its impossible. Not even in the history of steel frame structures has a single one been destroyed by fire too. Not even a wrecking would work on the trade towers. A nuclear bomb, or a controlled demolition, finally answer is yes.

Almost any demolition expert will tell you the world Trade Center collapses was a controlled demolitions.

How does two plastic nose planes made of aluminum frame knock down, three thick steel skyscraper  buildings. it's against Newton’s Law of physics: No matter how fast your going.

Still vote for you!

You need to go back and look at the videos if it and those of all of the experts who are not on the US $$$$ take.

You got another of my votes, Castlepaloma!

KLH, You got that backwards. These Disunited States of America is attempting to control the entire world, every person, and bring them under a Totalitarian Regime that people such as the Bushes, Clinton, Obama and now Trump, although it goes all the way back to LBJ, as far as I know. The US [Remember the Iran-Contra affair] began arming the "Islamic Terrorists" way back to the days of the "Cold War" for them to fight against Russia. When we went in that area in 2002 the US didn't fight against the terrorist [why do you think Ben Laden was never revealed to be dead] we wanted to overthrow Sadat for refusing us oil then Afghan to "accidentally-intentionally" kill that leader to control their Poppy fields.

The US' historical defending the "so called" democratic countries is in violation of the United States Constitution, the Preamble say our military is to defend these and only these Disunited States of America. Why do you think the war against Span in 1898 over Cuba, WW1, WW2, Vietnam, Iraq 1, Iraq 2 and Afghan for treasonous acts, as well as taking land from the Natives of this land were? The constitution doesn't allow it so don't tell me about no "democratic" USA being any "good Samaritan" to democratic nations.

Your view is skewed. We will leave it at that.
        I hope no Mellenials are reading along.
        But, I suppose it is what they already believe thanks to the lies of their college professors.

Thanks.

I have already apologize to my millennials daughter that we the boomers, have dropped the ball as hippies on the world peace and pollution.  Luckily she is smart and a hard working, as their generation will overcome such insanity.

well, Good. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)