Senator Warren releases sketchy DNA test

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (136 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 5 years ago

Senator Elizabeth Warren released the results of a DNA test which is said to confirm her earlier claims of Native American ancestry.  The analysis of Warren’s DNA was done by Carlos D. Bustamante, a Stanford University professor (not a geneticist) a biologist and statistician.  He concluded that “the vast majority” of Warren’s ancestry is European, but he added that “the results strongly support the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor.”  When you go to one of the usual DNA testing companies you get answers broken down by percentages and regions where your ancestors came from. Nothing is “suggested.” This doesn’t pass the smell test, but that's only my opinion.

What are your thoughts?  Why after so long is she finally trying to establish this as a fact?  Many people may not realize that there is very little Native American DNA in any database, so it's extremely difficult to make a match.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Warren is a bit of a mystery to me. She seems backward, on this issue. We all claimed we were part Indian long ago. We are. I've got some. I've got the cheekbones she uses as proof.

The point is, the native American community put us in our place on that. Long ago. I think they require 25% (?) DNA to support a claim. I stopped using a great great grandmother who was Cherokee as proof decades ago. Because the native American community weighed in and I took them at their word.

It's a silly moment Warren should shake off and walk away from. What possesses her to continue on is a mystery and an embarrassment.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

She has to address it because Trump, who apparently has nothing better to do, won't let it go, which means his gullible followers will harp on it as well. Just like Obama had to produce a birth certificate to silence the idiots.

The president has often derisively referred to Warren as “Pocahontas" and in July he stated that he would donate $1 million to Warren's charity of choice if she took a DNA test. "I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you're an Indian," Trump said at a rally in Great Falls, Montana.

Warren's campaign on Monday tweeted: "NIWRC is a nonprofit working to protect Native women from violence. More than half of all Native women have experienced sexual violence, and the majority of violent crimes against Native Americans are perpetrated by non-Natives. Send them your $1M check, @realDonaldTrump."

Talking to reporters on the South Lawn on Monday, Trump was dismissive of Warren's release, saying "Who cares?" while also denying he ever offered $1 million.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/ … ian-899927

Such a lying con man.

Where are Trump's tax returns?

No. She doesn't have to address it. Had I said it, I'd retract it and move on. If someone attempted to degrade me for something this silly I'd take the high road.

But, I get it. There is no high road in politics anymore. Can't wait for that to return,

1. profile image0

A Trump voter lamenting the demise of the high road. Oh, the irony.

Maybe the liar will be shamed into donating the million dollars he promised so at least something good could come of this pathetic non-issue, but I doubt it. He has already demonstrated he has no shame.

A politician with no shame. LOL. As if that doesn't happen every day.

But, I do understand. Blinders, eye on the prize, yada yada. To quote you, carry on.

1. profile image0

I thought you all like him because he isn't a politician?  Excuses, excuses, no matter how contradictory.

Do you think the liar will pony up the donation he promised? Do you care, or is it just another lie to be excused?

He's not a politician (to excuse his ineptitude and dumb statements); he's just like every other politician (to excuse his lying and lack of shame).

We see through the idiocy and have from the beginning.

The only comment I've made (that I can recollect) concerning his not being a politician was in regards to the fact that he has no ability to incur as much damage as Hillary could have, with her deep political ties. Other than that, I'm at a loss of ability to follow your statement.

As to the money. Sure. If she submits to a DNA test by a facility which specializes in that and releases the results, if Trump said he would pay a million, he should. I only say if because I haven't been following this so I don't know the particulars. I haven't followed because it is all rather silly and doesn't peak my interest.

1. profile image0

My point is that Trump is described as "not a politician" when it is convenient to your argument and excused as just another politician when it is convenient to your argument .

As I said, there is always an excuse for Trump. Now you're attempting to give him an out on the donation.

Trump supporters are masters at making excuses for their man.

2. Jean Bakula profile image91
              Jean Bakulaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think she just wanted to lay this issue to rest. Perhaps she wasn't sure if what her family remembered was true, stories vary depending on who your relatives are and how good their memories are as they age.

I think Trump should make good on his debt, but being from NJ, I know he is and was a lousy businessman who dragged most people through court to try to get out of paying them.

Also, I don't know why the Native American folk are getting so bent out of shape. She's offering them the money if he pays up. Can't a person in the public life take a DNA test anymore without everyone getting in a snit?

1. Credence2 profile image80
                Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Frankly, I don't know why the Cherokee Tribe is in a snippet about it. Warren did not say that she would qualify as a member of the Cherokee Nation as the entity made it clear that membership as part of the tribe involves more than just presenting lineage evidence from a DNA test.

There is just a strong indication of Native America lineage in her past. Trump is the fomentor of the controversy. There are many of us that share the heritage as African-American people, but does not qualify any of us as tribal members solely for that reason. I don't believe that Warren made any claim beyond this.

1. MizBejabbers profile image87
                  MizBejabbersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't really matter. Unless the government has changed it's laws regarding tribes, one must have an ancestor listed on the government rolls in order to qualify. A person could be 100% Native American and claim to be Cherokee, but if her grandparent or great grandparent isn't on the Dawes or the Miller Guion roll, she would be SOL for tribal status. At least that's what they told us at the Pow Wows in my state.

2. Ken Burgess profile image76
                  Ken Burgessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Really?

Interesting. So, if I got a professorship at an elite University based on my being of African-American descent, if I then used that in the political arena to help garner support, be elected, in other words benefited from it my entire life to gain special consideration and special privilege.

And then I took a test where the results showed I had 1% African-American heritage in me, you wouldn't find that at all disturbing Credence?

That's good, because that is exactly what she has set up as the 'new norm' so to speak. 

Now anyone who even thinks they have a speck of Hispanic heritage, or Native American heritage, or whatever, can go right ahead and claim that on whatever job application or benefits application they are claiming... I guess that's the best way to do away with racism, we can all be whatever race we feel like being, regardless of ancestry.

Kind of like Beto O'Rourke... who has about as much Hispanic heritage in him as Warren has Native American.

1. wilderness profile image94
                    wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Better yet, we can change it as necessary or beneficial.

I'm European based (though a mongrel), so most likely have some African and Hispanic heritage.  Genghis Khan likely contributed some Asian.  Probably don't have any Australian Aborigine or Eskimo, but native American is a distinct possibility. 

Which check box would all depend on what I thought would benefit me the most.  Even Neanderthal if I thought it would help.

2. Credence2 profile image80

Ken, a thoughtful question deserving a thoughtful answer.

We are taking this in odd directions, are you creating this scenario to mimic what occurred with Sen. Warren? No one is getting professorships solely on the basis of their being African American. Are we to assume that the African American would otherwise not be qualified for the post based on merit? Conservatives never really consider the possibility that African Americans might actually have accomplished what they receive based on merit. Ask Donald Trump, who beat the bushes trying to find evidence that Obama’s scholarship at a prominent Ivy League U was contrived and based on “Affirmative Action”. It is one of those irritating aspects of American life that leaves me angry at whites often times. I experienced this personally during my career, so I know all about it.

Conservatives always had a problem with “Affirmative Action”, but it was there to make certain that I had the opportunity to compete equally with others, which certainly was not the case prior to its advent. This was not about selecting and promoting people, who are otherwise, unqualified.

Warren said that she had Native American ancestry, so do many of us. But the standard of what makes us “Native American”, having preference in certain areas, is a higher bar to cross. This reminds me of a fiasco regarding a NAACP? Office in Spokane Washington, where there was a white lady who was passing as a “high yellow” African American. She was in charge of the local chapter of the NAACP. I should have been offended, but I wasn’t because regardless of her color she was doing the job as I would expect her to do if she were black and did not compromise her objectives regarding advocating for the Black community in the area.   

Since we do not judge race or ethnicity by DNA, but more by physical appearance that can be identified through observation, racism and discrimination exists in this culture. It would be nice if we could recognize that we are all more similar than we are different, but that is not the real world, is it?

So, who can really know what the standard for being identified as African American is, beyond the obvious physical characteristics? Is it one or both parents, one of either grandparent? Does having African American Ancestry mean that one is “African American”? If one is physically accepted as passing as white, probably not.  That is a very subjective issue, in itself. Barack Obama is half white, but 100 percent African American based on his embrace of our history and our culture and making it his own. So sometimes, the physical characteristics in themselves do not tell the whole story.

O’Rourke may not be Hispanic, but his embrace of the Hispanic culture that centers on fluency in the language, will endear him to those Hispanics in Texas, regardless.

3. MizBejabbers profile image87

Wrong! She did not set that as the "new norm." Forty years ago when employers were actually forced to have a token minority on their staffs, an employer had overheard me say that my great grandmother had just died at age 105, and we had been told that she was Native American. He listed me as "Indian" on his employment report. I did not ask him to. I became his minority token. BTW, 23andme has me listed as having 100% European DNA because she was on a male side of the family, and matrilineal DNA doesn't transfer through a male -- or she wasn't Indian.
                    You people are showing your ignorance of how DNA works. You really should study up on it before you continue to look foolish.

Just like Obama should have take the high road when Trump accused him of not being a citizen and claimed that his academic record was a fraud?

No, Trump starts this and now it is finished, the only one that is the fool here is Trump.

I get it. No high road for the panther. Fully noted.

2. profile image0

Trumpeters defend their lying bully president, then want others to take the  "high road." We've seen how far his cultees will take his nononsense. Glad to see Warren taking steps to not only nip it in the bud but put the lying buffoon on the spot for one mil.

She is what "we need" in my book and I have high hopes that she will "step up to the plate" in the coming years.

For one whose pedigree is impeccable, with a career that has been focused on directly fighting the "fat cats" in favor of the interests of the marginalized.

And we all know that that jaundiced bastard will never pay up....

Hear, hear!

3. Live to Learn profile image61

I didn't realize that was you credence. I though it was pp posting again. I find the whole episode foolish, in its entirety. That includes Trump's part in it.

2. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh geez RJ, a "sketchy" DNA test? Is this the 'birther' sequel?

GA

RJ Schwartzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever considered having your DNA tested?  If so, would you go to any one of the many testing agencies available nationwide, or would you seek out someone outside to do it? 

I've had mine tested and the results aren't vague as this test reports.

1. GA Anderson profile image88
          GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No RJ, I don't have any interest in what my DNA could say about my ancestry.

GA

3. crankalicious profile image87
      crankaliciousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Trump demanded she take a DNA test. She took one. It lends credence to her assertion that she has Native American ancestry.

Your definition of "sketchy" is sketchy. Once again, conservative anti-science rhetoric.

What would satisfy you exactly?

4. profile image0
      promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Maybe she did it because Trump kept hounding her about it and because she wants it resolved now, before she runs for President in 2020.

Sadly, Trump is looking bad (again) by reneging on his promise to donate $1 million to charity if she took the test.

5. Readmikenow profile image93
      Readmikenowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Elizabeth Warren has no more Native American blood than the average European.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin … once-again

I just got done talking with my cousin.  It seems SHE has a higher fraction of Native American blood than Elizabeth Warren.  Both her parents and our grandparents are from Eastern Europe.  We're second generation Americans, our parents were the first generation.  How did this happen?  Brings in to question the accuracy of these tests.

1. Aime F profile image69
        Aime Fposted 5 years agoin reply to this

But why does any of this matter?

If you have a Native American ancestor that you know of and say “I have Native American ancestry” and then have a DNA test which shows even a fraction of Native American DNA then the story still fits.

I have 1-2% North African DNA... I would never say that I’m African but saying that I had an African ancestor somewhere down the line/have African ancestry would be perfectly accurate.

1. crankalicious profile image87
          crankaliciousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It only matters if she used that "fact" to get a job or it factored into her getting a job somehow.

2. Readmikenow profile image93

You are missing the point.  There is NO way my cousin or myself could actually have Native American DNA.  Everybody came from the Ukraine, Poland or Hungry.  Our parents were the first generation born in the United States.  Are you telling me that Native American traveled over to Eastern Europe and had families with the Cossack tribes that ruled the area?  I think it is safe to say these tests are not the most accurate indicator of genetic history.

1. Aime F profile image69
            Aime Fposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I was more referring to the argument that she has no more Native American than the average European as I’m not sure that she ever claimed she did.

I agree with you about the accuracy.  I’ve gone from 2% Scandinavian to 17% Scandinavian over the past year and went down from 7% Mediterranean to 0%.  I think the samples and methods they use are always evolving.  But quite frankly if someone is familiar with an ancestor of a certain descent and their DNA test supports that I don’t see any reason to doubt it just because the science isn’t perfect.

1. Readmikenow profile image93

I agree we shouldn't completely dismiss the DNA tests, but, because of their proven inaccuracy...they should not be taken as ultimate proof of anything.

Elizabeth Warren benefited from her claims of being Native American.  She did this with no evidence. 

“Warren’s central offense dates back to the mid 1980s, when she first formally notified law school administrators that her family tree includes Native Americans. Warren said she grew up with family stories about both grandparents on her mother’s side having some Cherokee or Delaware blood.”

Doing this gave here “protected individual” status, which worked to her advantage. 

“There is no dispute that Warren formally notified officials at the University of Pennsylvania and then Harvard claiming Native American heritage after she was hired.”

She did this to improve her chances of being hired for lucrative teaching jobs.  That is why Warren is mocked so much.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete … ive-ameri/

The DNA test lends more credence to Warren's position than Trump just saying it did not happen. What is basis of Trump's "authoritative" statement attacking Warren's credibility in this matter beside the fact that he says so?

If I were among the law school officials,I would have asked Warren to prove her lineage beyond and outside of her account of it, if that status would have given her an advantage.

I have an Anglo-Saxon forebear or two, but I cannot and would not claim that I am white.

I believe, as your duck implies, that we are all imperceptibly mixed ethnically and racially. All Warren said is that she had Native Americans in her lineage, but that does not rise to standard of being Native American, as it is defined legally, in consideration of any preference.

Working for the Feds for many years, I associated with the BIA, Bureau of Indian Affairs, where Native Americans are given preference in hiring. And you can bet that just claiming Native American affiliation does not rise to the standard of "proof". You would have to present a document indicating your affiliation with a recognized tribe.

2. MizBejabbers profile image87

Mike, I think that this genome thing, once studied and figured out, is going to rewrite some of the things we believe today about our history. For instance, I think they will find that the Eastern Native Americans did not come from Asia across the Bering Strait. Anthropologists and archaeologists are already starting to believe that Eastern tribes actually migrated from Europe (and the Mediterranean areas) during sometime in our prehistory. They are also starting to believe that Europeans came here much earlier than Eric the Red and that the ones who didn't die were absorbed into Eastern tribes. If that theory pans out, that could explain why.

6. MizBejabbers profile image87

Ralph, if you have not had a DNA test, please go to one of their websites and read up on their testing and what they use to interpret their data. They are the sketchy ones because they admit that their equipment, formulas, etc. cannot read data past the specimen's grandparents. Also, if the Native American, (African, Asian, etc.) is through a male line, he cannot pass the mitrochondrial DNA he inherits along to her. As a result, I show 100% European although I had two great grandmothers with Native American blood, one Cherokee and the other Choctaw. It's a fact that some of us who claim Native American "heritage" may not show Native American DNA for this reason.
      It was very disappointing to me to learn that my DNA did not reveal any Native American blood, but that still doesn't make me or my family liars because we have the heritage of family dropping off the trail of tears. I have the high cheekbones, the body shape, and the curved (shovel) teeth of Native Americans. I can't explain that because I don't know why we can have the characteristics without the DNA.
      It's strange to me that their DNA tests can show Neanderthal DNA but not that of a minority race. 23andMe says I have more Neanderthal DNA than 90% of people of European descent they've tested. It is strange to me that they can go back to prehistoric times to find that information, but not 4 generations back to find Native Americans.
      My point is that Elizabeth Warren is fortunate to have used an expert that can take the time and trouble to find it. If she'd used a commercial testing service, they probably could not have located her NA haplogroup either. I think they are geared to eliminate Native American DNA because of legal problems that claims could cause the government.
      It is only logical that persons whose ancestors came to this continent before this country's founding should show some non-white ancestry. I do not show any although I can trace all my ancestor lines back to emigrants of the 1600s and 1700s.
      Another thing, the Eastern NAs may not be from the same haplogroups as the Western NAs. This is a sticky wicket because if they prove this to be true, somebody is going to have to rewrite history after they figure out where the Eastern tribes came from.

7. Readmikenow profile image93

Here is the New York Times article that shows the average European American had more Native American DNA than Elizabeth Warren. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/25/scie … study.html

I think you are reading something into this article that is not there. Also, as I stated in a previous comment, 23andme states that their tests DO NOT ACCURATELY READ DNA PAST THE SUBJECTS GRANDPARENTS. Nor does a person inherit their father's matrilineal DNA. I've read their website from cover to cover. Therefore a person can have a Native American great grandmother on her father's side that won't be detected at all, but she strangely can closely resemble this great grandmother. I have had my DNA tested by 23andme. It did not detect either my maternal great grandmother (German, Cherokee and Jewish) nor my paternal great grandmother (English and Choctaw). I am listed as 100% European but it says that a small percentage of it is Balkan and Italian. If Elizabeth Warren's test listed any Native American DNA, she had a more accurate test than I did.

8. Readmikenow profile image93

This is the funniest meme I saw on Elizabeth Warren.

https://hubstatic.com/14252701.jpg

9. Ken Burgess profile image76

I think its awesome, she has a smaller percentage of Native American heritage in her than the average Euro-American.  Some minute amount, like 1%.

My Grandmother when I was a kid told me she had some Blackfoot in her, so that makes me Native American... if Warren qualifies with her 1%, I am sure I have more than that in me, so from now on when I have to check a box for what race I am, I am Native American.

Love it, can't wait to use the EOO to bust some company's back for not hiring me because of discrimination, just fantastic what she has done.

2. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 5 years ago

Yes, and Trump is already lying about offering to give a million dollars to a charity of her choice if she would take a DNA test.

Typical.

Obama's birth certificate, Warren's DNA. Where are the liar's tax returns?

His tax returns are with the IRS.

1. profile image0

But not with the public like every other President for the last 40 years.

We now know more about Warren's ancestry than we do about Trump's taxes and whether he is getting Russian money.

I think the latter is far more important to the country.

I can agree with that. Warren's ancestry controversy is a joke. Trump should honor precedent and just release the tax returns, already.

But, let's be honest about the outcome. Look what happened when Obama provided a birth certificate. Did it appease those screaming for it?

1. profile image0

It did for some and not for others. No surprise if Trump's taxes get the same reaction if he ever releases them.

Do you honestly believe that a Trump is getting Russian money?  Seriously?

Trump tax returns are being audited as they have been every year for several years.  Anyone who knows anything about tax law...which will eliminate the liberals on this thread...knows you don't make tax returns public during an IRS audit.  The problem isn't President Donald Trump...the problem is the IRS.

Even if there is conclusive evidence supporting Warren's background, conservatives still have excuses.....

Point well taken, when Trump provides his tax returns then he can talk, until then, he should put a sock in it.

3. MizBejabbers profile image87

Exactly, but they have him on video saying it.

3. Aime F profile image69
    Aime Fposted 5 years ago

Man, the things people get worked up over...

DNA testing sites have a lot of room for error.  I’ve done it through 4 different companies and the range is quite different between all of them.  My results have also changed within the same company’s databases numerous times. Saying that the results strongly suggest something without trying to pin an exact percentage actually sounds much smarter and more realistic.

4. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 5 years ago

"Carlos Bustamante, a professor of genetics at Stanford and adviser to Ancestry and 23 and Me."

Biography
    Dr. Carlos D. Bustamante is an internationally recognized leader in the application of data science and genomics technology to problems in medicine, agriculture, and biology. He received his Ph.D. in Biology and MS in Statistics from Harvard University (2001), was on the faculty at Cornell University (2002-9), and was named a MacArthur Fellow in 2010. He is currently Professor of Biomedical Data Science, Genetics, and (by courtesy) Biology at Stanford University. Dr. Bustamante has a passion for building new academic units, non-profits, and companies to solve pressing scientific challenges. He is Founding Director of the Stanford Center for Computational, Evolutionary, and Human Genomics (CEHG) and Inaugural Chair of the Department of Biomedical Data Science. He is the Owner and President of CDB Consulting, LTD. and also a Director at Eden Roc Biotech, founder of Arc-Bio (formerly IdentifyGenomics and BigData Bio), and an SAB member of Imprimed, Etalon DX, and Digitalis Ventures among others.

Btw, the "sketchy" roll report.

https://mk0elizabethwarh5ore.kinstacdn. … t_2018.pdf

5. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
    JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/14250170.jpg

One again, Bozo Trump is proven to be the retarded jackass that he truly is: This time, Senator Elizabeth Warren does the honors of dis-proving his factless claims: Last time it was President Obama that turned him into the fool he is: Too bad for his last remaining fans, they become the fools by default:

According to media reports, Bozo is up to his eyeballs in debt, so that indicates he probably doesn't even have the million dollars he promised to pay up if Senator Elizabeth Warren provided proof of her native American ancestry:

Investigators have been gathering a massive trove of criminal evidence against Bozo Trump, I think that plus this might keep him babbling endlessly to himself behind bars:

"Elizabeth Warren releases DNA analysis showing 'strong evidence' of Native American ancestry"

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/elizabe … d=58502291

1. profile image0

I don't think these kinds of posts are helpful for our debates.

I don't know about that. He brought up retarded jackass. It makes me wonder. About retarded jackasses. A face comes to mind which fits that description.

You and I suffer miscommunication at times. To be clear, now that the subject of retarded jackasses has been broached, your name is not the one which comes to my mind after reading that post.

1. profile image0

LOL. My wife is the only one who can call me names and get away with it. Sometimes she is right.

I agree you and I have miscommunicated at times. I'm glad you don't have me on your retarded jackass list.

2. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
        JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

https://hubstatic.com/14250328.png

Sorry promisem, but I call a spade a spade and retarded jackasses the same: ONLY a retarded jackass like Bozo Trump mocks disabled people, ONLY a retarded jackass says he fell in love with Kim Jung Un, ONLY a retarded jackass syas climate change is a HOAX by China and ONLY a retarded jackass calls a senator of native american decent 'pocahontas' and Elizabeth Warren's DNA test once again proves Bozo Trump fits the bill:

So, what do you call a 72 year old moronic idiot who insults a United States Senator by calling her Pocahontas ?? I sure hope it's not 'president':

That's your president. Isn't it wonderful to live in a country free enough so you, and others, can call them as they see them? In regards to retarded jackasses.

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image67

No chance no way is this circus clown named Trump my legitimate president or anybody elses: Still waiting for a response from promisem pertaining what he calls a 72 year old weirdo who mocks the disabled or uses pocahontas as an insult:

Even the media has stopped airing Trump's boring predictable hate gatherings live, apparently it's become more profitable to air ants building an underground home or a few flies buzzing around a watermelon rind than to air Bozo the Disturbed Clown crying profusely in a little tizzy fit:

Yes. The media is all about profit. If flies buzzing gets more viewers I'm not surprised they choose to air it instead. It's probably a video of the flies buzzing around the poop you swallow in the place of unbiased news.

6. Aime F profile image69
    Aime Fposted 5 years ago

Honestly I think he does have grounds to argue that he didn’t say he’d pay the million dollars as he offered it in a hypothetical situation - but I think it wouldn’t be a bad move for him to donate it anyway. I certainly would gain some respect for him if he did. It doesn’t even have to be her choice charity... maybe he could donate it somewhere that goes to Native Americans, undo some of the damage caused by him repeatedly mocking someone by calling them “Pocahontas”.

I think he should do it also - many people could benefit from the funding

2. JAKE Earthshine profile image67

Does he even have 1 million in cash to donate, he probably can't make a withdrawal from his charity considering it's under federal investigation:

"Trump still owes lenders including Deutsche Bank as much as $480 million"

https://www.google.com/search?q=trump+f … p;ie=UTF-8

7. Readmikenow profile image93
    Readmikenowposted 5 years ago

Hey, if Elizabeth Warren can do it......
    https://hubstatic.com/14251279.jpg

8. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 5 years ago

Looks as if Warren has been permanently kicked to the curb. The Cherokee nation has weighed in and found her claim of anywhere between 1/32 and 1/1020 heritage pretty bogus. Hopefully, she can take note and move on.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/411 … iate-wrong

1. profile image0

I expect Warren to respond graciously. If she doesn't, shame on her.

Of course, no expectation of graciousness ever exists for the childish bully President, as his supporters defend and excuse whatever he says or does.

I think you are right about how Trump will react. Hope you are right about Warren.

9. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
    JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years ago

Does Bozo Trump's obvious mental illnesses cause him to be the public serial liar that he has proven himself to be? Does he even have 1 million dollars to satisfy his bet with Senator Warren and if so, will he cough it up before the Mueller Hammer Comes DOWN ? Anything left over from daddy's fortune after those New jersey casino failures? I guess now we know how all those hard working contractors got stiffed, bi-lateral agreements made with Bozo Trump seem to be about as valid as a crumpled up Trump University Diploma, his word seems to mean absolutely ZILCH: 

"Trump said he would give $1 million to charity if Elizabeth Warren took a DNA test. Now she wants him to pay up"

* Three months ago, President Donald Trump offered to donate $1 million to charity if Elizabeth Warren, one of his potential 2020 rivals, took a DNA test proving her Native American heritage.

* Now Warren wants the president to pay up.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/15/elizabe … ledge.html

The DNA test disproved her claim. Good thing the bet wasn't mutual.

10. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

The best response so far to Elizabeth Warren's vary bad behavior in the matter of being a Native American went along the lines of a question. Why does she have to do this rather than just run on her record and her plans as a Senator?

11. profile image0
    Ed Fisherposted 5 years ago

Kind of puts the kibosh to putting any stock in the impeachment of Trump over telling 4,000 - + lies . What politician doesn't , hasn't or won't  lie for the job ?  Sen. Warren lied about her ancestry .........time to Impeach her?

12. Live to Learn profile image61

Were Elizabeth Warren Republican and not Democrat, this DNA b's would be chalked up to white privilege and racism.

The Cherokee nation has weighed in, in no uncertain terms, at the ludicrous nature of her claim and the left ignores them.

She has proved she is not Cherokee and the left ignores the proof.

Backing her and ignoring the group she claims a part of is racist, by left standards. Why does the left do it?

13. profile image0

I feel kinda bad for people of such low political enlightenment and memory  as to look up to the ideological hysterics of Elizabeth Warren .  Yet a candidate that keeps promising free stuff not ever quite  explaining who'll pay for it can't know much about their own genealogy to begin with .

14. profile image0

It's time you all realized that to be a democrat you HAVE to be minority associated , yet not in the sense of helping a minority but for  the proliferation of identity politics alone .

Such is political correctness and not political solution .

Have natives been helped by that association , hispanics , women , immigrants , inner city dwellers , students , the handicapped ?

Democrats , " I identify minority but do them no good at all "

15. Live to Learn profile image61

Senator Warren's completely oblivious understanding of the ridiculous nature of her behavior goes a long way in explaining how white kids can put on masks and scream at black conservatives that they are racist.

1. profile image0
      Ed Fisherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And Where did that happen ?

Happened to Candace Owens. Watched the video. Antifa thugs screamed at her and the police. The police were mostly black and Hispanic. When she pointed that out to the protesters they just kept calling them all racists,

1. profile image0
          Ed Fisherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes , I did see that , Candice  owens is far far too bright for mainstream media ,  There's a girl who SHOULD run for office .

HMmmmmm.......Maybe ?

16. profile image0

Perhaps it's that some , too many , NEED  an voice of authority to tell them how to think  , to tell them that "vote this way ,we will take care of all your issues " in spite of the fact that they only say it and never do it .

Ken , it always comes down to the five or six accusatory descriptions the left attaches to absolute  independence of conservatism , racists , white nationalists , bigots ,  misogynists , ...........they label us in their creation of the necessary narrative  and fall back to the same inactive practicing of liberal politics --Identity politics !

One day soon , as we are witnessing even now , any minority will collectively "get it " ,  they can remain in the same cesspool of identity servitude or they can look deeper at the meaning behind liberal ideologies of "group- think " and realize ,.........."Just what HAS the  liberal  party provided us besides servitude to party "?

Answer ; Not much at all .

1. Ken Burgess profile image76

Yes, THEY being the Democrat leaders, the liberal/left media and included in that is now the Internet behemoths such as Alphabet (Google/Youtube), Facebook, and Twitter.

Its very interesting to see really, the people at the forefront of this 'fight' this push of 'progressivism' and 'socialism'  are some of the people from back in the 60s and 70s who fought for these causes and won their war.

The Civil Rights movement, Woman's Lib, etc. etc. we live in a world where they are afforded not just equal rights, but special rights under the law in our country. 

Obama as President, is no small statement as to where our nation is, and it is not something that could have happened in the 60s or 70s.

But some people can't live without the fight, for some people, things will never be equal, things will never be made right... whatever wrongs they have railed against decades ago they still cling to now, and that is how they see the world.

And they have gone a long way to infecting a new generation with these feelings and beliefs of being wronged, of being treated with prejudice,

Sadly, the reality is there is no where left for things to go... the laws bend over backwards to give rights to everyone but Euro-Americans today, and soon enough they won't even be the majority... so what then?  Will we have new laws written to protect Euro-Americans from the Hispanic-American majority?

The only place left to go is the destruction of the system we have created that provides those very rights and freedoms to 'minorities' and all other citizens... the only thing left to determine is what shall replace it... a corrupt state capitalism like Russia has, or much more likely,  a communist dictatorship like China has where its citizens are subject to a Social Credit system where 'enemies of the state' have all their rights, wealth, and ability to interact in society taken from them.

Its not where we are that I am concerned about, its where this could lead us in the not too distant future... the politicians and media of the left have riled up their followers, convinced them that Trump is out to subjugate and destroy them... but it will be these liberal/progressive/left politicians that will enslave us all, to a State that will be All Seeing, All Powerful, and more abusive than anything we have seen in living memory.

17. profile image0

Those are scary thoughts Ken ,  yet I have watched the the younger ones trying to replicate those glorified sixties since the nineties , I fear you are correct .  I have said before that I observed the early changeover in the late sixties and early seventies in high school in the "message "  born of the newer teachers , the new narrative , the new socialist group thought . 

I also just watched a documentary about how the German civilians  were treated in eastern Europe after the WWII victory where millions of people were lined up and  murdered by crowds of  angry people,  the slaughters , the marches , the politics and see a certain parallel to   liberal activist and Antifa connection today  .   I wholly blame our news media and leftist academia agenda for what we're seeing  today .

18. Live to Learn profile image61

https://theconversation.com/two-native- … est-105274

Yet another rebuttal by native Americans to Warren's ridiculous claim.

When will left leaning apologists for Warren begin to respect minority opinions and ask Warren to accept facts?

19. profile image0

So Elizabeth Warren isn't really Pocahontas  ?  She isn't the lost princess of the Cherokee ?  She can't sidle up to a minority with her blond hair , blue eyes , honorary  degrees ,  what is she going to do with her buckskin dress , beaded moccasins , birchbark canoe ?

https://hubstatic.com/14260260.jpg

Well there's always a minor degree to fall back on ...............right ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)