From Brenda Arledge: Poem: Feeling Lost Without Community

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Peggy W profile image96
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

You can see how she feels, as do many of us, by reading her latest post: https://hubpages.com/literature/Poem-Fe … -Community

1. Brenda Arledge profile image80
      Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Peggy.
      Just a bit of fun while saying I miss ya all.
      Hang in there.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image88
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Peggy, for sharing Brenda’s work. As you have rightly observed, we all are feeling the same way.
      I am not able to do (with regard to HubPages), what was my regular routine, and an enjoyable one, since the last almost ten years.
      Brenda—You have penned a wonderful poem to express, what this community of HP writers is feeling.
      These forum threads are some relief, and I thank everyone, who is contributing.
      Thanks to both of you—Brenda and Peggy.

Chitrangada
        Thank you.
        It makes me feel a bit better to know I'm not alone.
        The forums do help...but it's not the same.
        But my routine...well, I've got to find a new way that works for me.  Not sure..what or how, but right now it is just focusing on my writing.

I added a new poem to this one.

3. Brenda Arledge profile image80

I do believe this type of feeling is affecting many of us.

It's not as fun to tune in right now.

4. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing this, Peggy.

Brenda, your words come from the heart of so many of us. Closing the door on the community has me feeling unmotivated, disconnected, and mournful.

Shauna
        I think this is a mutual feeling across the community.
        It sounds like we are going to lose quite a few due to this dilemma.
        I wish Hubpages would give us a great incentive to want to stay and write here.
        I love the people I've met.

5. Brenda Arledge profile image80

Peggy. .
      Hopefully the comments will be back tomorrow.

At least on LetterPile.

Maybe this will make us feel better....if it really does work.

2. surovi99 profile image82
    surovi99posted 2 years ago

Thank you, Peggy, for sharing Brenda's latest article, Like her we are all feeling lost without community and not having the proper option to comment. Her poem is heart-felt and touching, and we all feel the same.

Thank you, Brenda, for the wonderful contribtion.

Rosina
      We are a bit lost, but we're working our way around it.
      Take care.

3. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

Yes, thank you Peggy. I think we all feel lost right now. I love your poem, Brenda. It expresses our loss so well. It is a heart-felt poem for sure. Thank you Brenda!

Pamela
      Thanks.  Glad you like the way I express it.
      Have a great day.

4. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Thank you, Peg, for doing your bit to keep comments going and the community together. I felt the emotion in Brenda’s poem and it says what many of us are feeling. I feel a little guilty I haven’t written a Poems From the Porch for awhile now. I will try to rectify that soon.
    It is good that we have at least found a way to keep communicating using these forum posts or by email.

John
      No need to feel guilty.
      I completely understand.
      Without the comments it's just not the same & our Google searches are taking a hit.
      Relax  ...I was just having fun.
      Take care.

5. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Hey Peggy
    Thanks for posting this one.
    Just a bit of fun while saying I miss ya all.

6. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Hi Peggy, A very big thank you to you for sharing this wonderful piece by Brenda.

Bredz, you have such a kind heart. I wish you all the happiness and success in the world. I, too, miss our great community's lost pleasure. I make every effort to interact with everyone via forums. Please know that you are loved. I, too, miss and feel the same way you do. This, I believe, is the feeling of sonder. I am hoping that HP would restore the comments as soon as possible. You wrote such an emotional and heartfelt piece. I really enjoyed it, and I appreciate you making me feel so important. More love, strength, and hugs to you!!
    Love You Heaps!!

I am sending you Blessings, positive energy, and a big hug right now

Misbah
      Thanks gal.
      You always help uplift my spirit.
      Glad you liked this one.
      You are important.

Take care.

1. Misbah786 profile image86
        Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Bredz, you are so sweet. God bless you and your loved ones. Ameen! smile
        Keep Smiling!

7. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Just read the poem, Brenda. It certainly has been a loss. I know you are grieving. Very heartfelt and sad piece, but you speak truth about what's happening and how it's affecting you. In spite of it, I admire the way you keep pushing through with your passion for writing and for keeping the community going, by any means necessary.

Jan
      Thank you.
      I know this affects all of us & not just me.
      I don't think we're doung too bad.
      This new way helps keep us connected and the comments will be restored.

My fear though . ..is that commenting will never quite be the same.
      Especially if we have to log into each site first and our names are not the same.
      Time will tell.

But give up...No...not in my blood.
      I'll push ahead.
      Have a great weekend.

1. janshares profile image92
        jansharesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You, too. Enjoy. smile

It's snowing...a new dilemma.☃️❄

8. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

I was not aware of this new norm. Only yesterday I found that I can't comment anymore on articles. I mentioned it when Kyler's poem was posted on a Forum thread by John.

This is a kind of restricting the feedback on articles.

I am also feeling the same disappointment as you all. Thanks that some friend is posting a link to it so that we can comment and express our support and feelings to each one of us.

It is indeed a challenge, but it us supposed to be fixed with an updated system before too long.
      These forums do help us to keep communication moving, but please note that you are not allowed to post your own work.
      Others must do it for you, so then we can discuss it.

I know we are all feeling a bit lost.

Keep writing.

9. bhattuc profile image85
    bhattucposted 2 years ago

This is a very interesting work by Brenda, appreciate much.

Umesh
      Thank you so very much.

10. vidsagster profile image86
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

This is really a heartfelt and beautiful poem, Brenda. We all are feeling list without comments. Thanks Peggy for sharing.

Vidya
      Thank you.
      Have a great night.

11. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

Brenda has added a new lovely poem, "Writing Spirit Survives," to the bottom of this hub. It's a short and nice piece on how our wonderful community helps each other by creating forums for each others' work and tries to uplift each other by leaving comments. That's how our creative spirits are surviving. Bredz, you are so right. I agree that we all lift one another up. That is the beauty of our amazing community. It's an honor to be here with you all, and I'm grateful. Please take a few moments to read the revised version of her lovely hub.

Blessings and Love to all smile

Misbah
      Thank you for showcasing this little poem I added.
      I'm so glad you agree that we are uplifting one another through these forums.

The efforts of each one of us helps our little community to grow stronger.

I love that you are a big part of it.

I look forward to reading your work & seeing what you post on the forums. 
      You are an inspiration to us.

Have a great day & take care.

Hugs
      Bredz

1. Misbah786 profile image86
        Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Aww... this is so sweet of you, dear Bredz. Thank you so much for your heartwarming and encouraging words. I am grateful for your kindness smile

Blessings and Hugs! smile

12. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

I love the extra addition at the end. Great job as always, Brenda. We writers will emerge victorious. We always find a way.

John
      Thank you.
      Sorry I missed this one yesterday.

For some reason, I just woke up & the writer in me wanted to take a peak at my mobile phone.

It must have been calling out to  me...
      To make me to realize I needed to reply.

Writer's don't give up easily.  We're a stubborn bunch.

That determination is what keeps us going.

13. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

I also like the extra addition at the end. We have found a way to survive. Thank you Brenda for all you do.

Pamela
      So glad you like the extra addition my muse decided to write.
      Nothing can stop us.  We'll always figure out a way, because feedback on our work is a crucial part of writing.
      Thank you.

1. surovi99 profile image82
        surovi99posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I enjoyed the extra addition of this article as well. You reflect the true writer's spirit. Thank you for the awesome contribution, Brenda.

Rosina
          Thank you.

I can feel everyone's desire to connect.  The missing comment section hurting so many, but we keep writing, hoping, one day normal will return.

Lol...that reminded me of Covid-19 & how our normal lives we're changed forever.

I hope that's not the case here.

Have a great day.

14. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

The second poem....about Writer's Spirit....

I know our muse will survive into the new year.

Happy New Year to each & everyone!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)