Why Do Poets Write Poems About Rainbows? ~ by John Hansen

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Misbah786 profile image87
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

John has written an article in response to Brenda's word prompt 'Rainbows'. What a delightful read. John, thank you for explaining why frogs sing rainbow songs. winkbig_smile I didn't know anything about it. It was really fascinating to learn. big_smile

I enjoyed reading the poems and the quotes as well. And, of course, thank you so much for the extra treat. Your previous piece is also enjoyable to read.

If you have not yet read John's wonderful poems. Here's the link to his wonderful hub: https://hubpages.com/literature/Why-Do- … t-Rainbows

Thank you so much, John
    Blessings always!!

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image89
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello John!
      A beautiful response to the word prompt, Rainbow. I liked all your poems, as colourful as the Rainbow itself. Love the variety and the creativity.
      Thank you for sharing.
      And, thank you Misbah for sharing John's wonderful post.

1. Jodah profile image90
        Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello Chitrangada.
        Sean Dragon once labelled me “the rainbow poet” so I had no choice to write some poems on the topic lol. I am so pleased that you enjoyed these and found them creative. Take care my friend.

2. lovetherain profile image81
      lovetherainposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Now I have the frog singing the rainbow connection song in my head since reading this yesterday! lol

could be worse I guess

2. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Wow, Misbah, you were fast sharing this one. I have only just finished editing it a second time. Thank you for the kind words and I am glad you enjoyed my contribution.

Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

John, I really loved it!!! Thank you so much for sharing.

3. surovi99 profile image82
    surovi99posted 2 years ago

Thank you, John for your mesmerizing and intriguing poetry. I loved the inspirational poem, the acrostic one and the previous bonus one, which was equally impressive to read. The quotes were lovely too.

This afternoon has come out so lively for me after I read your article. I can't thank you enough.

1. Jodah profile image90

Hi Rosina. "Rainbows" was such an inspiring topic that I couldn't resist writing something. I am glad you enjoyed the poems and quotes, and that it made your afternoon.

4. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

This is another in a series of excellent responses to Brenda's prompts by John. I loved the poem and everything in the article.

Thank you for posting it, Misbah.

1. Jodah profile image90

Thank you for reading this article and commenting here, Pamela. Much appreciated.

5. surovi99 profile image82
    surovi99posted 2 years ago

Thank you, Misbah, for sharing the link to John's superb article.

6. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 years ago

As an uncouth philistine who rarely reads poetry, I really enjoyed your take on rainbows.

1. Jodah profile image90

Rupert, I always welcome comments from uncouth philistines in particular. It is what drives me to write poetry.

7. Brenda Arledge profile image79
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

John
    Your writing, "Why Do Poets Write Poems About Rainbows?" asks us a series of questions.

I don't know who saw the leprechauns hide their gold in a big heavy pot and I've never heard frogs sing songs about rainbows?

I hope there is a land somewhere beyond the rainbow where dreams come true.

As for wishing...I'll try that next time.
    I've always admired the beauty of a rainbow, but have never made a wish on one.

In "RAINBOWS ~ an Acrostic Poem" you tell us how rainbows inspire new beginnings.

Your poem "Window of Rainbows" inspired by Leonard Cohen's "The Stranger Song" tells us the hard truth that it's hard to find any good news unless we really take the time to look.  That's sad.

But we can look inside ourselves and be grateful for the little things knowing our actions speak the truth of our heart.

After a storm when we see those multicolored hues of the rainbow, the darkness turns brighter.
    Our troubles dissapate as we look at everything with a new set of eyes.

There is something about a rainbow that changes us inside.  It gives us hope.

Great writing for this word prompt.
    I'll post a link in the word prompt article.

1. Jodah profile image90

Thank you for reading these poems, and sharing your insights, Brenda. Don’t tell Kermit you have never heard frogs sing about rainbows lol.

lol!

8. Brenda Arledge profile image79

Misbah...
    Thank you for posting.

My Pleasure!!! smile

9. Peggy W profile image96
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

I loved John's idea of a rainbow appearing as a halo atop the earth as viewed from space.  His poems are always imaginative and fun to read.  Thanks for sharing it Misbah.

1. Jodah profile image90

Thank you Peggy, it is always wonderful to know you enjoy my poetry.

10. Misbah786 profile image87

Thank you so much everyone. It's always a pleasure to read and share John's wonderful poems. smile

1. Jodah profile image90

smile thank you Misbah.

You are always welcome smile

11. Misbah786 profile image87

John, I left you a comment on this hub. Can you see it? I can see my comment on LetterPile but not on your profile page. Have you received any notifications, or does it require moderation?
    Let's check it out! smile
    I am happy to have comments back!

12. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Misbah, it was so great to receive your comment on my article. That is the first I am aware of since they have been enabled. I did not receive a notification however. I also replied to you there.

Thank you so much, John. Yes, we are not getting notified. The comments on profile page still shows 0 comments. The system is glitchy, I believe. smile

13. Brenda Arledge profile image79

John
    I'm going to head over there to see this...I haven't been able to see where to leave comments yet.

14. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Yes, Brenda, take a look. I checked a couple of other articles. Once you click on comments you have to scroll down a little through related articles to find it though. The comment box doesn’t appear right in front of you. It is a bit weird but oh well. The fact no one is notified about a comment is a problem though.

15. vidsagster profile image86
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

It is wonderful to imagine a land beyond the rainbows where all wishes come true. A beautiful poem John and a perfect response to Brenda's word prompt. I enjoyed reading the Poems. Thanks for sharing Misbah.

16. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Thank you so much Vidya. You are too kind. Did you know comments have actually been restored on LetterPile? It isn’t the best but it is possible. We don’t seem to receive notification though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)