If you have no money to go to the dentist and your wisdom tooth is hurting badly

Jump to Last Post 51-80 of 80 discussions (94 posts)
  1. ii3rittles profile image79
    ii3rittlesposted 9 years ago

Oil of Oregano. http://remedychat.com/threads/cavity-pain.44/#post-90

I tell this to everyone who asks. I have a wisdom tooth coming in and at least 3 cavities but I am seeking the natural route for treatment. The oil will keep infections away and kill the bacteria that is destroying the tooth. Also, using a tea bag over the painful area will draw out toxins.

The oil isn't cheap, but lucky vitamin (online drugstore) has a brand for $8. I just ordered more myself.

2. clivewilliams profile image72
    clivewilliamsposted 9 years ago

get a nylon, tie it to your wisdom tooth and then tie it to the door nob, have someone slam the door....no more wisdom tooth.

3. Rainiekkuma profile image59
    Rainiekkumaposted 9 years ago

Wow what a coincidence! my younger sister just went to the dentist because her teeth hurts so much. What I do when we don't have money to go to the dentist or if I don't want to go to the dentist, I grab an ice pack and fill with with ice and lie down and watch movies or videos on youtube that I like. You can put ice on the web between your thumb and your index finger. I have researched this when my tooth hurts.

4. rclinton5280 profile image64
    rclinton5280posted 9 years ago

There are several dental colleges through out the nation who will let the students perform your dental work at greatly reduced prices. They are 4th year students who will be real dentist very soon, so you get professionally trained dentist at a low cost.

If you don't have the funds to go to one of those, there are a few things you can do at home. The first is a warm salt water rinse. Mix up some moderately hot water with enough table salt so that it taste salty in your mouth. Rinse thoroughly and repeat several times.

The other is rinsing with oil. I seen other poster recommend specific ones, but in my opinion, any cooking oil will do the trick. The are anti bacterial and will help kill any infection in your mouth. Olive oil taste like crap, but canola oil and the like are not too bad. Rinse vigorously for 5 minutes or so for a cleaner mouth and the whitest teeth you've ever had.

If you use either of the latter, you'll still need to see a dentist eventually. They are great for temporary relief, but you'll find that this problem reoccurs over and over if you don't get the rotten tooth out.

5. profile image0
    MrDanielAbramposted 9 years ago

Ice it and put an ice pack near it. That should heal any swelling as well.

6. Susan Guinn profile image63
    Susan Guinnposted 9 years ago

Look for local agencies that offer free services, possibly through a referral service.  Also there are dental schools, that offer free or low cost to the public, so  you can look for them.  Sorry this is an old post, but I am just now viewing it.  Hopefuly it may help someone out there in this circumstance!

7. Samuel Barrett profile image75
    Samuel Barrettposted 9 years ago

Get a loan. Borrow Money. Get on a payment plan. Do whatever it takes. I have had mine pulled and the pain I had before I did was intolerable. It's even worth it if it kills your credit score, your health is your first priority.

8. ginjill ashberry profile image76
    ginjill ashberryposted 9 years ago

I had root canal last wk. cost Rm500. Doc let me pay two times. The last on my next appt.
    Two yrs ago, I cried because I took out a tooth that wasn't necessarily pulled out because the pain was unbearable and the doc didn't offer me this solutions. He scared me with Rm 1k and above cost which includes crowning. I didn't know better. I went home and look at my smile reflected on a mirror and bawl. He did say I will regret but he didn't give me details. I hadn't realized without the tooth, my smile looks pathetic.
    Another story.. I took panadeine for my wisdom tooh almost five years ago. The pain was such that I can't eat. My face was swollen. Cant sleep. Blurred vision. Cant swallow saliva. Constant headache and you know what I mean. Just tell the doc the truth and work out payments. Don't be afraid, be humbly honest about it. Pay them back thebest you can.
    Salt water helps. Kills bacteria but not too many times. Five times a day is sufficient ESP after meals and before bed. Keep bacteria off but not to dehydrate the mouth of salving saliva. Ice helps. Refrain fr om hot liquid and hot,spicy food. Eat food that minimize or exclude chewing altogether. You must eat. Body needs nutrition to self heal and maintain overcoming strength.

9. Nicole Grizzle profile image76
    Nicole Grizzleposted 9 years ago

My dad didn't go to the dentist for wisdom tooth pain. Now, he suffers from some serious tooth issues (he grinds his teeth as a result of the lack of space in his mouth). The teeth can't be removed without a large chance of touching some nerve endings, which may cause more damage than good. His problem was completely preventable.

I'd swallow my pride and find any method possible to afford dental care. Because you might save yourself from health problems--and more money problems--in the long run.

10. profile image0
    Joshtheplumberposted 8 years ago

Heal the infection with light. If you're adept enough, deactivate the gene causing the tooth to grow.

11. monia saad profile image59
    monia saadposted 8 years ago

Tooth pain is unbearable. But sometimes I can not go to the doctor for lack of time or lack of money and then pick up medications painkillers but in the end you should check out a government hospital or school, I think that tooth pain can not be impatient him even if I had to borrow money Valasnan when lost not go back other.

12. Muneeb Masood profile image60
    Muneeb Masoodposted 8 years ago

Just Take Calcium tabletes 2 to 3 times a day...

13. profile image0
    Kevin Goodwinposted 8 years ago

Drink a lot of whiskey and hope the pain goes away. When I had my wisdom teeth, all 4 of them, I thought I would never be able to chew normally again.

14. Fahad Chaudhary profile image53
    Fahad Chaudharyposted 8 years ago

I am not a doctor but i told you my personal experiment. When your teeth is hearted you place 'long'(from gram masala)!on hearting teeth.you will be recover soon.

15. lovesamrat profile image60
    lovesamratposted 8 years ago

If we have no money to go to the dentist and your wisdom tooth is hurting badly. Then we have the simple formula to take one teaspoon of beer and stirring it properly on your mouth for some time. After some interval of time the pain of of wisdom tooth is slowly finished.

16. George Marie profile image60
    George Marieposted 8 years ago

I would definitely recommend going to the dentist. I recently had my wisdom teeth taken out and might also have to have a molar taken out. Did you know that bottled water can be a major cause of cavities and tooth decay?

http://www.robertrosenfelddds.com/bottl … h-decay-2/

17. MariaMontgomery profile image91
    MariaMontgomeryposted 8 years ago

Find a public health dental clinic. Also, some dental schools will take you as a teaching case, for which there is little or no charge.

18. profile image0
    JG Hemlockposted 8 years ago

Buy a clean soft brush and gently massage the area on and around the wisdom tooth first. Use tepid water, never use hot water because if there is an infection it will spread fast and more pain will come. Use a combination of salt and a few table spoons of hydrogen peroxide and hold it in your mouth for a minute or so. Do not drink it! I had great pain from a wisdom tooth that I actually took a soft toothbrush, wet it and dipped it in salt and held it on to the tooth. Yes. Excruciating briefly but after that the pain minimized drastically and I got much relief.

19. roselinsojan profile image60
    roselinsojanposted 8 years ago

You please ask for some loan in bank and  take it away other wise it will hurt your mouth.

20. Evane profile image62
    Evaneposted 7 years ago

Of course I will ask the dentist to remove my wisdom tooth.

21. word55 profile image71
    word55posted 7 years ago

I would ask the dentist to grant mercy and deal with the tooth and promise to pay from next pay check or provide collateral.

22. Skymendoza profile image59
    Skymendozaposted 7 years ago

I would check out the internet and look for home remedy to ease the pain of my tooth or I will take a medicine ibuprofen to manage pain. If it still continue to ache then it is the time to ask a help of other dentist online or I will ask my friends if they know a dentist who is conducting pro-Bono like my case.

23. profile image0
    lindaspeaksposted 6 years ago

You should go to a hospital emergency room to have your tooth it checked and the emergency doctor will prescribe you some medication to take to ease the pain until you find a dentist to take care of the tooth pain. He or she will also refer to a dental school or free dental clinic from you to go to have the tooth treated or removed.

24. profile image52
    Lisacalvin124posted 6 years ago

well, I have just been through a very traumatic extraction of my wisdom tooth. So I can only advise you is that please do not ignore it. The doctors can not perform a root canal treatment on a wisdom tooth so that either fill it up with cement or simply extract it. And it doesn’t take much money. I had to get mine extracted because this wisdom tooth gave me a lot of pain and suffering. I avoided it for a long time and kept on taking in the painkillers but eventually the painkillers also stopped responding. That was when I made up my mind to go. You would not believe it but the extraction took only 15 minutes and then the puss oozed out and it was all so stinky. My doctor literally lashed out at me because from past so many days I was just letting the puss hurt me. So do not avoid or ignore the pain as it might give you a bitter pain in future.

1. profile image53
      kellyksposted 6 years agoin reply to this

yeah I have been through this experience myself and I almost died of the fear of going to the dentist. Though after he gave me the prick of local anesthetic injection, I could no longer feel anything. So even if I have no money I would still go to th

25. Sarah Abbott profile image66
    Sarah Abbottposted 6 years ago

I can't answer as far as how to handle the whole 9 yards, for I know the cost of getting your wisdom teeth pulled is really expensive, but, I do know how you can get a free consultation- Aspen Dental.

As long as you haven't been a customer to Aspen Dental before, all first consultations are free (including X-rays), and I do believe they have oral surgeons on site. But, of corse, the consultation is only a very small part of the deal.

I really hope you find a plan that works best for you, I can't imagine the pain! My boyfriend had a terrible migraine from his wisdom teeth, he couldn't sleep at all.

Having no insurance he really didn't want to go through with the process, but when he got his consultation he found out he has to get at least five teeth pulled.

26. Miranda Scott profile image75
    Miranda Scottposted 4 years ago

Call your local Health department. They sometimes have free dentists.

27. profile image0
    afnajamesposted 4 years ago

You can sometimes relieve minor irritation by rinsing with warm salt water (1/2 teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of water). Over-the-counter pain relievers also may help.

28. profile image52
    user91posted 4 years ago

Dental care IS healthcare to all the greedy capitalist scumbags who replied to this. People need dental work done just as much as they need standard medical care. You're just filling the pockets of overpaid, overglorified, entitled dirt bags. Healthcare is a human right and should not be a multi billion dollar business. Some of you just disgust me.

29. profile image57
    Natali Norissposted 4 years ago

As the wisdom teeth come in, they can be very painful. ... You'll feel wisdom teeth pain at the back of your mouth, behind your molars. If you look into a mirror, you may even notice that your wisdom teeth have begun to poke through your gums.
    The area might also be red, enflamed and tender to the touch.
    You can do some simple treatments to reduce pain.

You can use ice pack to reduce inflammation.  Hold an ice pack with a tea towel around it against their jaw for up to 15 minutes.

Use Ibuprofen as a pain relief medicine. Taking the recommended dose on the packet may help relieve discomfort.

Apply tea tree oil on gum to reduce inflammation and pain.
    Rinse your mouth with salt water
    Apply tea tree oil on gum to reduce inflammation and pain.
    Put a drop of clove oil on a cotton ball and put on the wisdom tooth that’s causing pain

30. nufacedentalclinic profile image61
    nufacedentalclinicposted 14 months ago

If you are experiencing dental pain, including wisdom tooth pain, and do not have the financial means to see a dentist, there are several options that may be available to you:

Community health clinics: Many communities have clinics that offer free or reduced-cost dental care. You can contact your local health department or search for community clinics in your area to see if they offer dental services.

Dental schools: Dental schools often offer dental care at a lower cost because the services are provided by dental students who are supervised by licensed dentists. You can contact dental schools in your area to see if they offer discounted or free services.

Payment plans: Some dental offices may offer payment plans that allow you to pay for your dental care over time. You can contact local dental offices to see if they offer payment plans or other options for patients with financial constraints.

Local non-profit organizations: There may be non-profit organizations in your area that offer dental care for low-income individuals. You can search for these organizations online or contact your local health department for more information.

In the meantime, to manage your pain, you can try over-the-counter pain relievers such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen. Applying a cold compress to the affected area may also provide some relief. However, if the pain is severe or if you develop a fever or other symptoms, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)