If money wasn't an issue, what would your dream job be?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (23 posts)
  1. brittanytodd profile image88
    brittanytoddposted 12 years ago

If money wasn't an issue, what would your dream job be?

I think I would like to open up a book store, zoo or a museum. What's your dream job?

2. nicregi profile image65
    nicregiposted 12 years ago

I would want to write a book, start my own business. Forget about all the bad stuff I see in life.

3. profile image0
    no mac saladposted 12 years ago

My dream job would be to hand build custom doors. These doors would be large entrance doors, all made with solid wood. Some would be hand carved, some panel doors with mortise and tenon joints. My shop would be in the back yard, I would wake up each day and work in flip flops and PJs. I would have a 6 month waiting list for my doors. Wait... Wha... Oh, I was dreaming...

4. Julie Nou profile image54
    Julie Nouposted 12 years ago

Veterinarian.. I love animals and I'd like to give them shelter to some..

5. MickeySr profile image78
    MickeySrposted 12 years ago

Author, musician, or teacher (history, theology, film).

6. starstream profile image42
    starstreamposted 12 years ago

Using my skills and interests to create more art work consisting of painting and photography.  In fact being a part of a team to open and run an art gallery would be fun.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

Like you, if money was not an issue, I would love to own an old fashioned bookstore.  I worked in a bookstore for 5 years and watched the owner struggle.  Books are available everywhere and the mark up is low.  Amazon (which I love) has put a lot of bookstores out of business and the book section of the grocery store has done damage as well.

8. Rachelle Williams profile image92
    Rachelle Williamsposted 12 years ago

Social Worker - The only way that I would become involved in the social work field in reality is if I decide to get a PhD in social work and teach at the university level.  But, that would defeat the purpose of getting out in the community and actually helping people with their issues.

9. Beth Pipe profile image72
    Beth Pipeposted 12 years ago

Travel blogger about the UK.  Lots of people travel the world and blog but there's so much to see right here, and I want to tell people all about it!

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
      Kathleen Cochranposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Beth: I hoped to find articles about the UK on your profile page! I've taken tours to the UK and Ireland (not northern yet) and the one thing I wish is that they had given me a printout of all the amazing things they told us on the tours. I'll never remember them all. We used CIE and they were incredible!

10. profile image55
    Jarbinposted 12 years ago

I would like to start a campaign, teaching our generations of kids about jobs that will make a difference in our lives, and for the world.

11. engelfantasydream profile image60
    engelfantasydreamposted 12 years ago

i will be a volunteer social worker and work with the children all over the world..i like those going on the mountains and reaching out people,i dream about that since i was a kiddo hahaha..also i like to be a missionary!!! smile

12. taviasylum profile image58
    taviasylumposted 12 years ago

Simply living life and following my interests.

13. Ramsa1 profile image61
    Ramsa1posted 12 years ago

If money wasn't an issue I would go back to school and earn an undergraduate degree, majoring in Spanish.

14. Austinstar profile image85
    Austinstarposted 12 years ago

I would love to be a hammock and/or yacht tester in the Caribbean! I would consider selling these items to support myself. Especially the yachts!

15. LoriSoard profile image65
    LoriSoardposted 12 years ago

I already have my dream job - writer. I wouldn't stop doing that, but if I didn't have to worry about money, I would focus more on fiction.

16. vanitybelle17 profile image61
    vanitybelle17posted 12 years ago

I would want to be a Professional chef for Disney. Always been my dream and always will be:)

17. Hezmyjoy profile image60
    Hezmyjoyposted 12 years ago

Own a corporation that would house all of my interests with plenty of jobs for all of those who needed them and are willing to work. Then franchise the same corporation all over the United States.

18. Cara.R profile image64
    Cara.Rposted 12 years ago

A job where I am surrounded by music,art and writing. A place where I can move around, experience something different everyday and be my own boss.

19. DanielNeff profile image61
    DanielNeffposted 12 years ago

For me it would probably be architect. That is something I always wanted to do, but never fully pursued it. I played around with the idea a few times throughout my life, but it wasn't until 2000, when I was 36, that I decided to take the plunge. I applied and was accepted at the University of Cincinnati, and was to start studies in the fall of 2000. Then cancer struck. (you can find out more about my story in my profile)

Here I find myself, transitioning from the last 9 years as a worker with troubled teens to becoming an author. Writing was something I never thought about before I wrote and self-published my book about my experience with "terminal" cancer, but I love writing and can't think of anything else I'd rather do with my time.

20. profile image0
    kate-olsonposted 12 years ago

Photography! Old-fashioned darkroom and film. I love it! Especially nature and artistic photography. Not the family portrait kind.

21. Saddiya profile image61
    Saddiyaposted 12 months ago

I want to cook for people

22. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 12 months ago

My dream job is what I've done for the last 13 years: writing novels. Now, my dream is to actually make a living from it!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)