Why is hell going to be so bad?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (99 posts)
  1. Thinkaboutit77 profile image71
    Thinkaboutit77posted 15 years ago

For the same reason heaven is going to be so good.

You see hell is going to be soo bad for unbelievers not becasue they'll be on fire for ever, but because hell has no windows, no doors, therefore no escape. But what makes is even worse is that it will be a place devoid of relationships and since we are relational creatures, being alone forever is like being in a hot dry desert with no water but only forever and not being allowed to die.

When people simply reject Jesus, the Bible and dismiss the existence of hell they are taking a very big risk from which if they're wrong there is NO recovery.

If you're not a true born again Christian, are you REALLY willing to take the risk that you're right? But what if you are wrong? Eternity is a LONG time to regret.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Your a jerk.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL Goddesses are not supposed to talk like that wink You have to convince him he is wrong, or throw a lightning or at least something heavy at him if he does not repent tongue

1. Inspirepub profile image73
          Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Or just love him to death ....

1. profile image0

True, I am sorry.  I get frustrated when people say pretentous things.  tongue

2. Crash Jones profile image60
            Crash Jonesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If that means any kind of physical contact, I'm out. Even Jesus knew when to keep his distance.

I think I'll tolerate from afar until he keels over.

2. cheaptrick profile image74
        cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good for you sandra,these heavy thinkers miss the point that word definitions evolve over time.it dose no good to read the original languages if you use todays definitions and context,also,translation always looses and distorts some of the message.i have read(with the help of refrence books and educated freinds)the bible in greek,aramaic,and hebrew.even in my limited understanding the message and application is significantly different.for instance,did you know that originaly adultry was a property law and only applied to married women.men could shag anyone they wanted to as long as she was'nt married cause that did'nt devalue another mans property...peace...

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So you are saying, even if I don't truly believe in born again Christianity, I had better go along with them JUST IN CASE I'm wrong?  Isn't God omnipotent enough to know that I'm just pretending?

1. Inspirepub profile image73
        Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

ROFLMAO!!!!! Brilliant ... I LOVE it, love it, love it ... I hope you don't mind if I steal that one.

*chuckle*

Jenny

P.S. Snerk. Chuckle.

3. spiderpam profile image74
      spiderpamposted 15 years agoin reply to this

WOW. It's hard to spread God's word with so much adversity surrounding us. Thank you for your post. God Bless

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is not gods word, it is the words of men you are sprouting.

4. profile image58
      Hell N0posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can smell the bile coming right out of my computer screen.  It's people like you that make me sick in the presence of organized christianity.  Not only are you wrong about pretty much all of the major doctrines, but you teach the most disgusting fable imaginable.  Let's hope you learn the errors of your doctrine before the real judgment begins.

2. Inspirepub profile image73
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Yes, Thinkaboutit, you make a very good point.

The Jehovah's Witnesses also make this point, and they say that your conception of Hell is what will keep your from the glorious afterlife that would otherwise be your destiny.

I think you are taking a terrible risk, believing in a Hell that has little theological support, and is primarily based on the words of men from the past 1500 years or so.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hell-What-Hell

Repent, lest ye die unshriven and be destroyed forever. Renounce this pagan notion of Hell and return to the One And Only True Word of The Lord Our God as written in the original languages of the Holy Scriptures, before it is too late.

Jenny

1. Thinkaboutit77 profile image71
      Thinkaboutit77posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Words of men? Jesus spoke more on Hell than He did on Heaven. Why? Because it's a real literal place of which He wants nobody go to. Jesus spoke of a real person named Lazarus and man referred to as the "rich man" in Luke 16:23-25 who was in conscience torment in the flame. That's why God wants all people to repent of their sins, believe that God was in Jesus dying on the cross to make reconciliation possible.

Hell is going to be SO bad for people who go there because it was NEVER made for humans. Jesus said hell was originally made for the devil and his angels (Matt 25:41) not for mankind. He made hell awful for the devil but since people choose to follow the devil and reject God's simple plan of salvation then they'll have to go where the devil is going for all eternity.

1st John 5:13 - what peace knowing people can have eternal life and a home in heaven already, now and forever!

Words of men? It is the JWs, Mormons, Catholics and other cults that insist that people need their books (written by men by the way) to assist them with the Word of God (as if God's Word isn't sufficient). That is like having someone light a match and say "with my match, I'm going to help the sun light the world". That's ridiculous and foolish but people do foolish things when blinded by the devil.

But again, today I have eternal life, and I've never more peace and joy in my heart. Thank you Lord!

1. Misha profile image63

Brrrr yikes
        You scared me to death big_smile

2. Crash Jones profile image60

It's hard to respond to something like this without cracking on the Thinkaboutit's name. Being new here, I've read the forum rules and know I'm not supposed to say that the last thing this post exhibits is thought or the ability to form coherent, independent ideas. So I won't say anything about Thinkaboutit's name. I'll stick to the ... um ... content ...?

Your 1st John 5:13 may be the worst rendering of a Bible verse I've ever read. Growing up in the confines of a Southern Baptist family, I've read my share (and a few other people's) of the good book, and I have to say, you don't come close to doing the verse justice. But that's ok, because it happens to be completely irrelevant to the thread.

And why are you picking on people with matches? I thought Jesus wanted us to let our little lights shine.

Anyway, The often differing views expressed by the New Testament's writers (not Jesus, but people who wrote about Jesus 100 - 250 years after he died) express Hell, in my lowly opinion, in a purely metaphorical sense. The writers know as much of Hell as any other person, i.e. nothing more than the metaphors that preceeded their own, which isn't all that convincing as proof of existence.

True, I'm of the opinon Hell is the BIG SCARE created long ago to keep people in line, but still, that doesn't change the fact that biblical accounts of Hell seem purely metaphorical. It doesn't help modern Christianity's case for Hell, Satan and the Fallen that they depend as much on Milton as they do the Bible.

3. profile image58
        Hell N0posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Your non spiritual twaddle is getting more ridiculous.  You have no scripture to back it up because there is none.  I think I've already told you that hell and eternal are incorrect translations of men.  You don't know what the Lake of Fire is spiritually, and your beliefs are an abomination to everything decent.  The perfection of God and true scripture is totally opposed to the blind and evil teachings of the hell fire of churchianity.  You're building your spiritual house on sand.  Only Christ can show you the beast (which is you) rising up out of the sea.

2. RKHenry profile image64
      RKHenryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Every where I turn, it's you promoting your own personal hub.  You even started a topic about it.  Proud of yourself, eh?

1. countrywomen profile image60
        countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Mr.Henry- My friend I personally feel mentioning a hub link (even if it is our own hub) is ok when it is relevant to the topic. I think this thread was started by another person (unless I am missing something here).

P.S: Can I still continue using the right conferred by you(earlier to me) to be critical of you my friend? smile

1. RKHenry profile image64

What????
          Put the hublink in, but, one should expect that not everyone likes the forums used in this manner.  It is about discussion.  Be critical of me all you want.  It still won't change my opinion about that.  :)Bring on the bashing my friend.  Coming from you, it's kinda welcomed.  Your picture is hot.  And I  don't care if your really a man. That picture is WAY hot!tongue  big_smile

Mr.Henry- That picture is of an Indian Actress(some of my friends say I slightly resemble her) and I am girl (I have shared my real picture only with a few folks here at hub pages with whom I am comfortable revealing my privacy). Anyway peace my friend. Have a great day smile

Well.  Learn something new everyday.  Countrywomen, please no I'm very happy with whom I'm with.  No need to ever see the real side of you, when this one will do just fine.  Beautiful is Beauty, and hot means hot.  That actress is a hot beautiful woman.  If I have in any way made you feel uncomfortable.  My apologies. Sincerely not interested in you, [in that manner].

2. Misha profile image63

You are jumping to conclusions again, this time attacking without a reason one of the greatest and brightest persons currently living. Did you ever heard of karma?

Misha, whats your deal with me.  You know now that you have just placed Karma between us?  Why?  Attacking?  What?  Whats your honest problem with me?  Are you pissed because I didn't get banned and you told me so?  Karma comes from everywhere man.  Next time, when you come knocking on my door, be aware of your own actions.  Damn dude, what is with you?  Do tell.

MrHenry/Misha-  I guess online when we aren't seeing/talking we may have certain misunderstandings. I guess Misha was just trying to defend Jenny. We need all perspectives on any issue (without as far as possible getting personal). I sincerely admire/respect many perspectives and as many people are there so many views are bound to be there. Let us all discuss and disagree agreeably since friends needn't agree on everything. In case if I was the cause for this then I am really sorry. Peace my friends. smile

Nah, this isn't your fault.  Misha has done this time and time again.  I think it would be good to get this out into the open.  Somewhere along the line, Misha thinks I'm always jumping to conclusions.  When this is like the 3rd or 4th time he's been the one jumping and getting it wrong. 

So I don't like the way Jenny self markets her hubs. Now your telling me, I basically can't talk about it or express it because of Misha, or because of your politeness?  Are you serious?  I mean, talk about your Karma.  This is ridiculous.  Why do I have to be like you two?  Is this how we play on hubpages?  Me okay, if I'm always bowing down to politeness and allowing Misha to offend me?  Nah, thanks.

Jenny Girl!  Don't like your self promotion in the forums! 

CW, are you happier now?  Misha, do I have your permission to be a human, without your bad Karma following me every step of the way?

1. Misha profile image63

You are free to do what you want, this is your choice smile

2. countrywomen profile image60

MrHenry- I am really sorry I didn't mean to say that everybody should be like somebody else. I am not happy at all if I have in anyway been the cause of pain to someone else. Once again I am really sorry my friend if I have said anything to upset you. I guess I am no good and it would have been better if I kept my mouth shut. Now I am feeling very bad and will log out since I am being the cause of pain to others. Please try to forgive me. sad

What's there to forgive?  You didn't like me calling Jenny out, because it wasn't polite and you like her.  Okay.  Please, can we move pass this?  Drama.

If directly or indirectly I caused this. Anyway maybe it is just my luck. Bye have a great week ahead smile

2. Misha profile image63

Don't feel bad CW-girl, he just doesn't know what he's doing - as usual smile

2. Misha profile image63

IDK why I feel like talking to you dude. You do so many stupid moves, yet you seem to have a decent core, so probably I just hope to educate you a bit smile

Well Misha, maybe you should TRY to give me a chance and quit jumping to your own conclusions about me.  This could be a personality difference.  I'm cool with that.  Misha, you have double standards man.  Especially when it comes to me.  I appreciate you thinking I have a decent core.  I'd like to think that I do.  But, dude, I've got a dad and I don't need you riding my ass all the time.  I watch you do a lot of stupid shit yourself, but, most the time I mind my own business.  You should try it sometime.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

Found myself in Los Angeles a long time ago. Everyone warned me, 'don't cross walk against the light or you'll get a ticket'. So there I am in the middle of nowhere, waiting at a cross walk for the walk light. Not a car or person sight for as far as the eye could see. I felt like an idiot, standing there letting a machine tell me what to do, even though obviously it was quite safe to walk. Similarly this is why it is useless to argue with people who use relgious texts to tell them how to think. You can't argue with a walk light.

1. Crash Jones profile image60

Amen. It's amazing how polarizing ink and paper can be, whether the writing be religious, political, social commentary, history, etc., etc.

2. cheaptrick profile image74

heres an observation,the hallmark of some psych pathology is charm and carisma an eccelent breeding ground for proffets and saviors.kinda makes you wonder about the weirdos you encounter in most religious writing.the church has been trying to stamp out gnostics since the beginning.remember,the christianity you have today is from the point of view of the stronger larger group who then tried to wipe all other groups from the face of the earth.they failed, so stinky butts to them!

sorry,sometimes i get carried away...peace...

4. mohitmisra profile image61
    mohitmisraposted 15 years ago

We are in hell. All around us their is  plunder,rape and murder.
    Bliss exists with God.
    Quotes from some of the Holy books.

I am thy shield and thy exceedingly great reward.
    The Holy Bible.

When we finally come to our senses we never return to this material world this painfull playground we mistakenly call home.
    The Holy Bhagwat Gita-Krishna

Unto Allah is your return and he is able to do all things.
    The Holy Quran.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

1. Misha profile image63

This is probably just about you. I see love, light, and joy around me. smile

1. profile image0

Lucky for you Misha.  I wish everyon could only see love and light and joy.  That would be fantastic.  India is a different place as well as many other places around the globe.  tongue

1. Misha profile image63

Sandy, I bet there are quite a few Indian people who see love, light, and joy around them. Take Kenny Wordsmith for example. smile

This is a question of personal choice, you know. Our poet likes to see hell, plunder, rape, and murder... so he attracts them into his life... Nothing wrong about that, this is his life and he is free to spend it any way he wants, but I don't see any point in generalizing what he sees, and I beg to differ when he says "we" smile

1. profile image0

I know...but  I also know that it is not perfect everywhere.  That's all.  I don't think Mohit wants to see bad things, if he did then why does he talk about good things?  tongue

1. Misha profile image63

My guess he is anything but enlightened, he just does not know what he is doing, like anyone of us - and pretends he does. If anybody is enlightened on these forums, it is Jenny.

Oh, and by the way, me seeing love, light, and joy is not a product of luck, it is a product on conscious work on myself and my environment smile

1. mohitmisra profile image61
                mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

A story for you.
                The gods are asking is man happy on earth. lets find out they say.
                They approach and old woman who is drawing water from a well.Her bones ache and when asked are you happy-she says offcourse I am happy.Strange she is in pain and yet says she is happy.
                Next they meet a wandering bhramin and enlightened one walking by the river and ask him are you happy.He says what a foolish question -how can anyone be happy -we are in hell -happiness exists with god -how can I be happy when I am separated from him?

Paramhansa Yogananda- grieve not for me when I die cause I go to a land where there is no excruciating heartache,broken bones,wars and disease.

Lord Krishna-When we finally come to our senses we never return to this material world this painfull playground we mistakenly call home.

The ignorant who have not crossed over do not know the bliss of god.

Poet Mohit.K.Misra

1. Misha profile image63

I think this old lady is tenfold wiser then your interpretation of THE WORD smile

You might as well try to enjoy the life instead of suffering. Life offers both in abundance, and you choose what to pick.

Been in your shoes, done that, and don't want it anymore smile

2. profile image0

No offense Misha cause I think you are great and all...not everyone has the mental or physical capablilities to take themselves out of a bad place and put themselves in an envirnment that is more conducive to happier living. 
                If you still don't get what I mean, then you just don't.  smile

1. Misha profile image63

Still dare to disagree My Goddess smile
                  I think I see your point, and I think it is not a valid point. Everybody *can* do this, it is just a question of will.

Once upon a time there was a fictitious writer in Russia, Kozma Prutkov. In reality it was a pen name for a joint venture of three writers. They published several books under this pen name, one being a seemingly humorous collection of selected aphorisms. Most of them are pretty serious though, if you give them a serious thought. Go take a look if you like http://www.geocities.com/uniart/mix/kp.htm , and please pay special attention to #80 - it is probably the best ever recipe for a happy life smile

Misha- That is a great link and the quote #80 ("If you want to be happy, be!") certainly rings a bell.

I guess even Sandra was addressing in similar lines. And I certainly agree with John Milton from Paradise Lost "The mind is its own place, and in itself. Can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven."  Where happiness seems to be a particular state of mind.

But personally I see that material things/desires(when fulfilled) don't bring happiness but they do bring comfort to a certain extent at the same time there are also certain people (those rare great souls)who don't need any material things/desires but always exist in state of peace (which is similar to a happy state). But personally I am far too ordinary soul hence I need AC in a car (like when it was hot today) and need so many other things which  certainly don't make me happy but only helps to keep me comfortable for a while. I guess I have lot to learn from enlightened souls like Misha, Sandra and Mohit smile

5. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

I beg to differ also. But I see them all.

Hell, plunder, rape, murder, love, light and joy.

6. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Be my guest, Jenny!

7. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 15 years ago

Oh...the self elected righteous fingers pushing down the Pop Tart populus!  All the secular world.... all other religions.... men, women and children going to the eternal Toasty Tortues of Satan.
    What a joy to see them all suffering....while the Smiling Saintly souls enjoy mansions and goo goo talk with perfect neighbors who's pet angel poodles poop and the tiny turds turn miraculously into golden nuggets!
    God loves you!

8. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

Think Meta God, RK...smile lol

Guess so. I wish Misha happy trails.  He can just leave his bad Karma, checked at the door.smile

9. Leah Wingert profile image67
    Leah Wingertposted 15 years ago

The question is why is hell going to be so bad, not if we believe in it's existance.  One would think that if you are responding to the question there are strong feelings either way.  So I will post my comment toward the question asked.

Hell is complete isolation from God, it is devastation of spirit, mind and body.  It is my fundamental belief (per what is taught in the Bible), that we will all have eternal bodies, just as I believe we will all have an after life. Whether that afterlife is in heaven or in hell is up to us.  For believers in the Way of Jesus Christ, hell is not a symbol, it is a real not mythical and abiding place of absolute torment. 

Some Biblical passages for you to ponder, or argue with.

Matthew 5
    Mark 9

Luke 16: 19-31 is perhaps the most eloquent discussion in the bible about hell.  I have included it here in it's entirety. 

19"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
    22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell,[c] where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

27"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

29"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'

30" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'

31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

By all means question the validity, seek the truth, my father whom I loved dearly was an atheist.  It was from him I learned the true importance of Apologetics.  Hell will not be a happy place.  However it is not only the only place reserved for sinners.  Heaven is too. For other believers don't try to engage in an argument of faith!  You can't win all you'll do is more harm if you argue, I have seen the words of others refering to pretentiousness and foolishness.  Hmm.   

Question. Challenge. Provoke.   

Christians are called by the second covenant to be fishers of men. We catch 'em HE cleans 'em, and salvation is not up to us, neither is judgement.   We can not save others from Hell, Sheol, Gehenna, or Hinnom and we can not sentence others there either.  That is up to Christ and it is from Him and from his sacrafice on the Cross that we will be sperated from in Hell.  Tormented as the rich man was with our choice and burdened forever with the weight of our sin.

10. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 15 years ago

Hell is all around us, like Heaven is all around us.  I don't believe there's a mythical place we go to.

11. profile image58
    Hell N0posted 14 years ago

Crap is as crap does.

And the hell doctrin is a steaming bag of crap!!

Pull your heads out of the swine infested mud!!

12. calebd profile image59
    calebdposted 14 years ago

Why's hell bad?

Because some translator decided that Sheol, the Hebrew word translated as hell, meant what we think it means today ie. pit of fire and all that happy crap. Nor does Gehenna, which is the other word, mean what you think it means.

Therefore, why is hell bad? Because some random person decided it was that way. Is there reason to believe him? Not really. Can't even claim it was God making that assertion.

1. Jewels profile image81
      Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hell is a myth created by the church to make sure the masses were dissempowered.  In effect creating this illusory place was the Church's way of making sex understood as a bad thing. This backfired somewhat when members of their own team became sexually frustrated and committed sin against the innocent.

Experiences of the 'dark' can be glorious. A little treacherous perhaps, but glorious.

1. JamaGenee profile image79
        JamaGeneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The myth of hell was also a way to control the masses by making then permanently subservient to the Church's authority (and wacko ideology).

Which is why the Church is the perfect playground for Luciferic forces.  The amazing thing to understand is that the forces of 'dark' are extremely intelligent and to teach through the Church's authority, as has been the case, is a stroke of genius and is the perfect guise.

One of the best moves Angel Lucifer made was to teach people that the way to God is through something else and not through themselves.  Genius, stroke of genius.

2. profile image48
          ladyvenusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hell is so bad? because it is the place where to put bad people in the end so we better be good now.

I love this saying:

Good girls go to heaven
            Bad girls go everywhere.

I tend to go everywhere and yet have the most wonderful experiences along the way.  I'll see you ladyvenus in the Fields of Peace after I've poured some light into the darkness smile

1. profile image48

Hope everybody will bring light to the darkness places like what your planning pour out light into darkness.

13. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

What do those words legitimately mean, calebd?  Just curious...

14. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

Because you would find the Politicians there.

15. profile image58
    Hell N0posted 14 years ago

The devil was never a perfect angel named Lucifer that supposedly fell from heaven.

The devil was never. full stop.

A construct of a state of consciousness that we play with here on planet earth:)

1. cheaptrick profile image74

hay,don't you know that in the beginning satan and god hung out.god says "where have you been".satan says "wondering to and frow upon the earth".god says,did you check out every thing,(i'm paraphrasing here).satan says,every thing is cool but theres this dude named job or jobb or jobe or something and he's way to happy cause you gave him all this stuff so its easy for him to dig you.god says,ok,bust his butt but don't touch him and i'll bet you a donut he'll stick with me.you know the rest of the story...my point is,you might as well be talking about superman or the green hornet.the word satan is defined as "adversary"nothing more,nothing less.the dude works for god which makes sense if god is all powerful....peace...

1. mohitmisra profile image61
            mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True, if all is god then satan is also a part of him smile

2. Jewels profile image81

He sure does work for the big head honcho.  An amazing force.  Not sure who wrote this quote but I love it:  "Do what the devil does, not what the devil says."  It's profound in it's truth.

16. Make  Money profile image68
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

This is needed in this thread as well.

Sounds like threats from a lunatic to me.

Hell, therefore, could be my sofa when I feel like crap and want to get really angry and hate the world and everyone in it.  I lay in hell in my own cesspit of emotional shit!  It's not geography.

17. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

lol earnestshub, n here I been told I goin to the great Bingo hall in the sky hmm wink

You are too funny Dame Scribe! I was hoping to just live forever!

18. ruanz3 profile image60
    ruanz3posted 14 years ago

Hell is a belief for people who is still in spiritual kindergarden. If you need to believe in hell to help you live a good life you're not doing it for the right reasons anyway. But hey, whatever blows your hair back smile

Ooooo I like that "whatever blows your hair back."

1. profile image48

Oh jewels are we kindergarten in our beliefs haha I think not. Wink*

1. profile image58

Actually, you haven't even been conceived spiritually if you belief such rot.

What? I was referring to "whatever blows your hair back"  as an expression. I like it.  I wasn't encouraging agreement. Not sure what ladyvenus is referring to here.

2. ruanz3 profile image60
            ruanz3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

True, i was just trying to be diplomatic smile

19. caderade2 profile image58
    caderade2posted 14 years ago

Because you will live forever realizing you aren't some place better and there will be nothing you can do about it.

20. Make  Money profile image68
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Why is hell going to be so bad?

Because you will finally realize that you will never be in the presence of God.

Thank god for that!

21. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Because Satan's favorite TV show is the "Brady Bunch" and he plays nothing but Michael Bolton records!

22. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

Hell will be whatever we imagine it to be

I like your commonsense.smile

23. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

Hell is not permanent for those who kept their first estate.

24. maryriley profile image60
    maryrileyposted 14 years ago

Because it's hot...

1. profile image58

Well that settles it.  I'm going!!

1. ruanz3 profile image60
        ruanz3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! If hell is hot that must mean heaven is cold. I think i'll be joining you in hell then lol

25. Klniksta profile image59
    Klnikstaposted 14 years ago

the complete absence of god will make us feel so dark we will be in complete and utter pain away from our maker God

1. profile image58

It's a complete lack of spiritual understanding that causes one to parrot such unscriptural church talk.

26. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

What?

27. usmanali81 profile image60
    usmanali81posted 14 years ago

Its totally an irrelevent question. Its just as you are asking your father why did'nt you gave birth to me instead of mother???

So, no need to ask this question, if you need a good place then its HEAVEN

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)