An Update To All My Hubber Friends About My Dad

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (46 posts)
  1. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

A few months ago as many of you know I spent a very trying period with my Dad as he got very sick.

Im sure many of you remember me talking about it.  For those who dont here is the story of what happened.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Heart-Attack-I- … Given-Back

Well now I come on here to tell all my friends that even though we thought Dad was doing so much better at 430 yesterday he passed away.

I need to thank all the Hubbers who helped me pray when Dad got sick.  Now he will never worry about anything.

Some may ask why I am here only hours after my Dad passed and that is a fair question.

Good or not writing has always been an outlet for me and today is no different.

In fact in the next day or so I will do an entire Hub about my father celebrating his life.  I will ask all Hubbers at that time to just take a few minutes to read about my father so they can understand what a great man he was.

So thank you for now.

To my Dad I have always loved you and you are so sadly missed already

Rest In Peace my pops

Love Dale

2. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Sorry to hear that Dale!

At least he will be at peace and in no pain.

That's what makes hubpages so cool, you can have the money making hubpages and drop in the personal hubpages too!

I wish you well and sorry for your loss!

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I do not think I was on the site when your dad first had health problems, none the less I am sorry for your loss sad. I hope that everyone here has a read of your hub when its finished. Hub pages seems like a really great place to ask for and get support. I will check out this thread for a link to your hub when it is finished. I am honored that you come to us for support and you will be in my prayers smile.

Take care during this time of sadness and let us know how you are......

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Oh, Dale, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope your writing proves to be cathartic for you. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

5. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

My condolences Dale! Really sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope you and your family will be okay.

6. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

So sorry to hear of your loss Dale. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    kindest regards Zsuzsy

7. retellect profile image72
    retellectposted 14 years ago

Everything happens for a reason Dale, sorry you had to go through it all. Best of wishes to you and your family.

Retellect

8. Dale Mazurek profile image61

Thank you to everyone.  Periodically through the day I will be checking in but today is going to be a very busy day with company and making plans.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

my heart and thoughts to you and your family today. I too have been through this and I understand your wanting to take some moments to reflect and be with your friends. may your heart find peace at this time.

9. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Dale I am so sorry to hear this. We are all thinking of you at this sad time. My heart goes out to you and yours.

10. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Peace be with him and your family at this time. I will light a candle for his passing and for your family to remain strong. Blessed be to you and yours.

11. Dale Mazurek profile image61

Just stopping in to check out comments and say thank you.  A place like Hubpages really helps in good and bad times

12. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

So sorry to hear this Dale, my condolences to you and your family.

13. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

My condolences, Dale. A difficult time.

Glad you are finding an outlet that works.

14. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Sorry to hear this. My condolences

15. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Now he will never worry about anything.

Even if I am not yet a member when you post the first news about your dad, reading it now made me think about the things your family went through and finally you said those words....Now he will never worry about anything......may he rest in peace and condolences to your family......

16. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

So sorry to hear that your dad passed away Dale.  I understand about the writing being an outlet.  I joined HubPages exactly a month after my dad passed away.  My dad, and a tribute to his life, is why I use the clapping monkey as my avatar (I have a hub about it).  Take care of yourself Dale.

17. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

My sincere condolences to you and your family, Dale.

18. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Dale, I'm so sorry for the loss of your Dad.  My thoughts are with you and your family.

19. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Hi Dale, my thoughts and best wishes for you and your family today. I know that the wonderful memories of your father will sustain you.

20. Money Glitch profile image64
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

I'm so sorry Dale to hear that you lost your dad.  I lost my dad early this year, so I can empathize with what you might be feeling at this moment.  I will be praying for you and your family during this difficult time.

21. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I'm so sorry Dale.  I had no idea.  Thanks for sharing in your hub and the hubs to come.  I will be thinking of you and your family.

22. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

Dale, my condolences to you and your family.

23. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

Dale, I am sorry you lost your Dad and hope you are coping. I'm about to go back and re-read your original Hub. My thoughts are with you and prayers going up for comfort.

24. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

sad
    I'm so sorry. My condolences to you, and your loved ones.

25. terenceyap07 profile image60
    terenceyap07posted 14 years ago

May you stay strong and focused in this difficult time.

May you be a pillar of strength to your family.

May the memory of your father live on and not be forgotten.

May you be comforted that he suffers no more, my friend.

Blessings

26. Dale Mazurek profile image61

This is a perfect example as to why I cant stay away from this place.  The overwhelming support from people I only know through their words is so very special to me.

It was my wife who encouraged me to post in the forum because she knows what HubPages means to me.

I will be following up with a special hub for my Dad but that will be in a few days after we start to wind down.

27. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I am sorry for your loss Dale. *hugs* to you and your entire family.

28. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Sorry about your loss Dale.

29. Dale Mazurek profile image61

Again I must stop in and say thanks.  The support is greatly appreciated.

My Dad called me on the phone every night,  it has now been 3 nights that I havent talked to him.  I know things will get easier but dammit they are getting harder first

Once again thanks

30. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

Dale - As you celebrate your dad's life, celebrate yourself and those of your family, remember you are his legacy.  My prayers are with all of you.    Blessings....

31. profile image49
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

Really sorry to hear about your Dad Dale and my condolences to your family circle. I think writing a Hub about him is a good idea, I just think that will help you in a way, take care !

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi HealthTip, is that you? Good day to you and everybody!!

32. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

Dale, I hope you find comfort in your family, and writing. I know writing helps me a lot when I am going through difficulty. I am sorry to hear of your loss, but it sounds like you are at least able to be relieved for your father's sake. No more pain, ever. That can be a bit of comfort. At least its what I try to remind myself of, when I think of my loved ones that have passed. Hang in there Dale. Well be thinking of you and your family.

33. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

Dale,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I agree that writing a hub to honor him is a great idea. My thoughts are with you and your family during this tough time.

34. Dale Mazurek profile image61

Well this was a long day.  Many hours since I have been here but thank you again to all my Hubpage friends

35. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Condolences, Dale.  My own Dad passed in 1997 but helped save us two years later.  We were "homesteading" on a remote Montana acreage when hit with a wildfire.  I had no choice but to grab our only shovel and start fighting the flames.  Pam was frozen in fear on the couch (her bed) in the cabin when Dad appeared to her--she's a sort of real life Ghost Whisperer but took 5 days to get around to telling me--and told her it would be okay AND what to do. 

Once she swung into action, she didn't see him again.  The two of us saved our  place that day, lost very little  when we could have  lost everything, and what Pam accomplished as her part of that effort  was  awesome beyond belief--but only because Dad helped her break her terror-induced paralysis.

I look forward to reading your forthcoming Hub about your Dad.  Who knows?  He may well be looking over your shoulder as you write.  After what we experienced, I'm not sure a loved one that close to us is ever truly gone.

36. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I did see the previous post, and would like to offer my condolences.
    Your dad will always be with you through your loving memories.
    Such a good man leaves you a wonderful opportunity to honor him everyday in doing what he taught you to do. Love! smile
    My hearfelt best wishes to you and your loved ones at this time.

I lost my beautiful daughter in law at the age of 39.
    She was so loving, I remember her daily by emulating things she did better than me. smile

37. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Dale, heartfelt condolences to you and your family.  There aren't words that will help at a time like this, but those of us who have gone through what you're going through right now can truly, truly, sympathize.

38. beth811 profile image77
    beth811posted 14 years ago

I'm new here in HP. I didn't know about the story of your dad.

Sorry to hear about that, Dale. My condolences and prayers to you and your family.

39. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Hugs Dale, sad sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers to you and yours.

40. Dale Mazurek profile image61

I havent gone online much the last couple days but I try to get on HubPages at least once or twice a day. 

The responses I read help me get through the day.  I know he was 73 and I am 42 but that doesnt make things any easier.

For many months I have talked to my Dad everyday on the telephone and now it has been 4 days since I have talked to him and the hardest part of that is I know that number is growing everyday and there is nothing I can do.

Thanks again to all at Hubpages

41. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Sorry to hear that Dale - our thoughts are with you in this difficult time.

42. Dale Mazurek profile image61

I just got on for a few minutes and wanted to thank all the Hubbers for their prayers and great words.

43. Dale Mazurek profile image61

Well my Dad is now buried and it is time to set out on the long track of moving on.

I need to thank all the Hubbers for their well wishes and prayers.

In the next day or 2 I will be doing my dedication Hub to my father.  I hope you will all stop by and see what a great man he was.

Once again thank you very much.

44. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Again condolences, Dale.  It's long road back to feeling like the "old you" again, but each day will bring you that much closer to it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)