Crazd received sad news...

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 50 discussions (52 posts)
  1. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Crazd writes me that she just got a call from her mom about midnight with sad news.  She had put up a couple of hubs about her Papa, aka grandpa, her mom's step-dad and how he had another stroke a few months ago.  Her mom just told her that they are at the facility where he was staying and it looks like tonight will be the night he passes on.  He is on oxygen and is resting comfortably but his eyes are fixed and he is unresponsive though he does keep raising his right hand which they don't think he is aware of, though Crazd thinks it is his way of saying good bye.

She asks that hubbers please pray for her family and that her Papa passes peacefully in his sleep soon.

Warm thoughts and support to our sweet girl.

1. Veronica Allen profile image71
      Veronica Allenposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  2. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

We love you chica
    Hang in there, K?

3. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the update. I just sent up a prayer.

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Tell crazd not to worry, we all are praying. Everything will be alright!

5. Laura du Toit profile image75
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

Our thoughts are with you Crazd. God bless you and your family smile

6. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

CW I lost my grandfather not to long ago too.  I know it's hard, but it is the best place for them now.  I know that being confined to a bed is the last place I'd want to be.  It's hard not to want to be selfish, but you have to think of what is best for them.

All my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

7. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Thoughts are with her and her family at this difficult time.

8. elayne001 profile image77
    elayne001posted 14 years ago

Sorry to hear that. Will keep the family in my thoughts and prayers.

9. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

I just saw this thread. So sorry to hear that. Please tell Crazd that we're here for her if she needs somebody to talk to. Thanks for informing is rmcrayne.

10. kwalters profile image61
    kwaltersposted 14 years ago

we wish you the best.

11. wrenfrost56 profile image58
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Thinking of you CW and wishing you and your family the best.

12. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I'll be thinking of you CW...

13. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

thoughts and prayers go to you cw...

14. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

CZ - Prayers for you and your family are on-going.  Please know our support is always available.  Blessings...

(Thanks RM for getting the word out.)

15. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

All my love to you crazd !

16. Gemsong profile image62
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

My prayers are with you CW. We love you.

17. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Sending prayers and (((hugs)))) your way...

18. rmcrayne profile image91

UPDATE:  Sorry gang, this is old news now.  Crazd contacted me at mid-day with the following update: 

Papa made it through the night.  He was given morphine, so seemed to rest and breathe okay.  He has pneumonia.  His feeding tube has been removed.  The medical team is still saying it’s a matter of time. 

To be clear, he is not expected to recover.  The family asks for your continued prayers that Papa passes peacefully.  Also please lend them your strength in celebrating his life through their sorrow.

19. kysnoopyq42 profile image59
    kysnoopyq42posted 14 years ago

I may be low on the totem pole, but I just wanted to extend my hand to you in friendship and say that I will be praying for everyone tonight.
    God Bless,
    Glinda

20. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

wow, i hope she'll be okay

21. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

You're in my thoughts and prayers, CW.

22. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

You're a sweet lady and a good friend, I hope you and your family are well and together. Please accept my most heart felt prayers and condolences.

Your Friend Rick.

23. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Thinking about you kiddo!

24. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

be sure to give cw, my condolences and prayers

25. dejajolie profile image60
    dejajolieposted 14 years ago

Prayers, Condolences, and well wishes.....

1. yoshi97 profile image55
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I remember having such long nights before my great-grandmother passed away ... It's a difficult time, and I most certainly understand that need to hang in there ... God bless you, Crazd ... you and your Papa are in my prayers ...

26. lorlie6 profile image74
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

What a difficult time to go through...I read her beautiful poem to her Papa earlier today, and both will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

27. abcd1111 profile image60
    abcd1111posted 14 years ago

Wishing a peaceful passing for your Papa.

28. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I wish you find strength today Crazdwriter, here is a tight hug for you...

29. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Crazd, may the blessings of God and angels help you and your family during this time as Love's light guides your grandfather. Peace.

30. rmcrayne profile image91
  31. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Prayers for your family Crazd.

RM, thanks for keeping us updated.

32. Veronica Allen profile image71
    Veronica Allenposted 14 years ago

I will keep you and your family in my prayers and thought.

33. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

You have my prayers Crazd hope things will be okay in the days to come...

34. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

I lit some candles for you all CW. My thoughts are with all of you.

35. Naomi R. Cox profile image60
    Naomi R. Coxposted 14 years ago

I'll be praying for Crazd and her family. May God wrap his loving arms around them, give them peace at this time and in the days to come. They will be in my thought's and prayers.

36. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

My friend I only know you through here but you seem to be such a special person. 

I will be praying for you and your family.

HubPages was a great place for me when my dad died on Halloween.  The people here are great and you darn well know they mean every word they say.

One breath at a time my friend

37. Beth100 profile image71
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Thanks Rose Mary for bringing us up to speed.

And Crazd, my prayers and thoughts are with you, your family and your Pappa.  I'm thinking of you. 

And as Dale wrote, this is a wonderful community who has helped me during and through my loss the past few weeks. 

You have the strength, the love and all the support that you need.  I'm only a few keystrokes away.  Love ya!

xoxo

38. archdaw profile image61
    archdawposted 14 years ago

God speed.

39. rmcrayne profile image91

Although Crazd cannot post to the forum, she can see the thread and is following it.  She is very appreciative of the community's thoughts and prayers.

40. Niteriter profile image61
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

My best wishes to Crazd and her family.

41. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

Crazd,
    please email me, I will give you my number to call, its free after 9pm but in your situation, you may call anytime..I wish I could do more, but I am 1000 miles away dear..
    You know my religion is different, but my wicca sect believes in not just mother earth and such, but in all religions and religions gods, so many prayers will be put out tonight after I make a few phone calls..
    Please do contact me if you can
    (((HUGZ)))

BLESSED BE MY SISTER and HER KIN - Kerry

42. resspenser profile image70
    resspenserposted 14 years ago

Crazdwriter,
    After reading your hubs about your grandfather,  it is obvious you were a blessing in his long life. Hold fast to that thought and know that he is headed to a better place.

Thinking about you,
    Resspenser

43. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

You're in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time, Crazd. Stay strong, hugs.

44. bukan profile image60
    bukanposted 14 years ago

Sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you Crazd. God bless you and your family

45. Sara Tonyn profile image61
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care.

46. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

sad  so sorry sweetie. trhinking of you and sending heartfelt wishes to you and your loved ones at this difficult time. (((crazdwriter)))

-me

47. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

sending love and peace to you and your family at this time, beautiful CW~~

48. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Hey everyone thank you so much for all of the kin words. I totally appreicate it. Please send strength and positive energy to my mom. this is especially hard on her since there aer other factors making it harder (2 selfish brothers not helping being one and grandma....)
    so please send your strength to her thank you!

49. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Hey to Crazd....I left you a comment on your poem about your Grandpa. He sure looks like a good grandpa in your pic!

50. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Thanks MPM he is one of the best. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)