Solo sex is enough for me

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (43 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Mnbhndcrtnposted 14 years ago

Perhaps it is just me but I'm kind of burned out on the whole sex with a partner thing. I used to be quite active, married twice, and dated a lot before those commitments. But I honestly have no interest in sex with a partner. Too complicated. Trust is something I don't feel when it comes to most people. With sex you have to trust them not to be lying through their teeth and give you some god-awful  disease. It really isn't worth it  anymore. I am by far happier without all the drama of sex and wondering all the things you do when linked to a lover. If I'm horny I take care of it, and enjoy it. I'd rather talk to a lady and have some laughs than have sex. Can anyone relate to this? Trust me if I wanted sex I could get it. It was never difficult for me and I was skillful at pleasing a woman. I just don't want to do it anymore. It was fun, but too much drama for me. As long as I have my children, my camera and my keyboard I'm happy.

1. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well if you can't trust or have an emotional attachment to the one you are having sex with then I think you would be happier on your own.  Getting burned twice in marriage would give anybody the heebeegeebees.

2. manlypoetryman profile image79
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok...that last sentence....in this chosen category...definitely qualifies as: TMI !

3. prettydarkhorse profile image54
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that is good, you can save a lot of money on women,

but you need to learn to trust women again, they are all not the same, some arent faithful, it si afr better to make love than not just sex only, if you knwo what I mean,,,

are you just scared of sex because of STDs and past experiences of unfaithfulness about your partner in the past?

4. bettynewberry profile image60
      bettynewberryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I cannot tell a lie......solo sex is fly. But theres nothing better than being taken on a ride with a big throbbing moisture missle thrust deep inside!!

1. profile image0
        Citrus000posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Naughty...   wink

2. profile image57
    fun2hubposted 14 years ago

What is solo sex anyway as mentioned in the title??

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

its basically masturbation that i think he's refferring to

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

sex, children, camera? hmmmm

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Well, it's better than nothing! But it's always more fun when there are two players.

1. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps someone doesn't play well with others....

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good point, Blood.

2. SoftCornHippo profile image61
        SoftCornHippoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If the players are clean and reliable  lol

1. Hmrjmr1 profile image69
        Hmrjmr1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

and ready for lots o practice!! Gotta get back in the groove! smile smile cool

5. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thanks, Rhamson. I've always wondered how to spell "heebeegeebees."

1. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't sure but I took a shot at it.  Public school education and all that.

6. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image86
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 14 years ago

It's so not the same though. Sex isn't just for orgasm. It's a merging of the soul, a way to get closer (if you will), a relationship you can enjoy with only that person. When emotions are left out of sex, then it sucks. You need to find that person who gives you butterflies again. That's when sex with a partner is not only fun, it's completely gratifying.

1. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In total agreement with you Becca

2. thevoice profile image61
      thevoiceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you hit the sex right on the head

1. tantrum profile image59
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I think he is gratified

8. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Becca, I must say I've had my share of great sex without any emotion involved. Sure, it's more emotionally fulfilling with someone you love, but sometimes good ol' monkey lust is hard to beat! Or at least I felt that way when I was younger...

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I knew I liked you for a good reason. Lust is good enough for a good time.

2. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image86
      BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol monkey lust... lol

9. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

Sex by yourself isn't sex, it's relief. We've all been burned by those we have trusted, but that is always the chance you take when you allow someone to get close to you and after all, there had to be times when that closeness was well worth the chance! Nothing comes without a price, just as day follows night, there is a light in love to complement the dark side and we need to experience both. One has to know the coldness of darkness to appreciate the warmth of the sun, otherwise it's just another day not to be given another thought, it's to be expected like your next breath or another beat of your heart. which I'm sure we'd all appreciate more if we knew death was imminent. Sure take a break from love. Spend some time in self discovery. There will come a time when you will be ready to try again.

10. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

I guess the one positive of solo sex is that you'll know if your faking it!

11. Betty Reid profile image62
    Betty Reidposted 14 years ago

It's better to be alone than to be with the wrong person.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i second that.

12. SoftCornHippo profile image61
    SoftCornHippoposted 14 years ago

Ok, don't take this wrong, but, if you just want to do it alone, how come y'all askin US to agree that its ok?  Cuz if you care what we think, then maybe you're worried you might be missin' somethin !  just curious lol

13. Anath profile image62
    Anathposted 14 years ago

I enjoy a solo game but I really DO prefer group games smile what can I say... I am a social kitten...

14. profile image0
    Mnbhndcrtnposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the comments. I'm not scared really, just not interested in a relationship or sex. Yes, I was referring to masturbation.  I thought that was obvious. Anyway, I was just curious if others felt like it isn't worth all the fuss anymore. Been there done that sort of thing.

For the record none of my ex's gave me any diseases. I was speaking of the dangers of sex in a non committal relationship. It just doesn't have enough appeal to make me chance getting anything, or the whole closeness thing. so overrated.

Thanks again.

15. profile image0
    AdviceDoctorposted 14 years ago

Sex is so much more than just intercourse. The definition of sex is two people sharing their love for each other. Is that just intercourse? When you make out, you're having sex. When you hug someone, it's considered as sex, because you're sharing care with another person. Sex isn't JUST intercourse. This is a very common confusion and misunderstanding.

16. fishtiger58 profile image68
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

I got nothing. To each his own  so to speak. LOL

17. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

You might want to wear protection, lest you might have an accident and impregnate yourself. smile

18. Bovine Currency profile image61
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

I can relate to the original post.  I have no desire to play trust right now.  That is how it seems to me, trust is never real it is a guessing game that's all.  Too many friends I know and family have been burnt.  I am lucky, I got married young, definitely wrong woman but now I just think what is the point.  I have probably been over-sexed as it is.  Maybe one day but I think it is normal to question these things.  Blah, anyway, I am so tired.  Just thought I'd put my 2c in.

19. docrehab profile image61
    docrehabposted 14 years ago

Well, being happy is not just having sex...If you feel happy in it's ok...Hoping "solo sex" is not masturbation....lol

1. TMMason profile image61
      TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is, or?... they are. lol

You got rehab for that? LOL

20. Bill Manning profile image66
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

I've been by myself for about 2 years and,,uh,,, take care of myself every day. But that's just relief, and I'm always thinking of being with a girl.

Most people want to have sex with a partner because of the erotic thoughts of being with that other person. I want to see those curves, lick that smooth skin, feel that soft body sliding over mine,,, and much more! wink

So if you don't want to have sex with anyone else, it seems like you have lost your lust for a partner, that longing of touching and being touched. Just plain banging is so little of what the whole sexual experience is all about. smile

21. sexeducationnow profile image61
    sexeducationnowposted 14 years ago

good one smile

22. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Try Three and you'll see
    lol lol lol

23. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

The only way solo sex is good for me is if you sit on your hand for 10min so when you come to do it, it doesnt feel like your own hand,it does not compare to the real deal by miles.
    Mind you, those sparks have to be flying when there are two of you or you may as well be sitting on your own hand.

24. alexandriaruthk profile image61
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

lest you be hugging and kissing a stone

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)