How much can you make in a day

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (27 posts)
  1. stutin profile image66
    stutinposted 15 years ago

How much can one make if they are publishing 5 articles in one day

1. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Realistically the answer is not a lot. You will find the affiliate programs attached to hubpages only pay a small percentage.

Adsense may return some good money if you have an arsenal of well compiled posts that are topical and possibly return a high value keyword attracting external traffic.

It is my experience with the newly introduced Kontera in line text links that any return may be quite minimal. I am also suspicous that the K team cannot process applications from a few people without problems and wonder what it will be like when it comes time to be paid out. Will those same problems occur?

To answer your question I would suggest you treat this as a distraction and if you earn some money while your doing this, all the better.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

You probably won't earn as much as you would if you only publish one a day.

1. stutin profile image66
      stutinposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What is the minimum one can earn in a day by submitting one Publishing article

2. topstuff profile image61
      topstuffposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thats true.

3. Isabella Snow profile image85
      Isabella Snowposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What makes you say this?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have heard that if you post too much in one day you won't make as much or get as much traffic from search engines.

1. Whitney05 profile image85
          Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I've actually heard quite the opposite. Many blogging sites actually tell you in order to get more traffic you should post at least a couple of blogs a day. Although, typically 3 a week should be fine. But, again HP is not a blogging site, so the number of hubs and earning is going to be different.

I agree with darkside in that it depends on the topic, content, and how your market it. I also agree with sunseven in, it's best to worry about the money after you worry about writing.

Patience is a virtue, especially in earning money online.

3. stutin profile image66
    stutinposted 15 years ago

Thanks a lot

4. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

Some make nothing for weeks. Its depending on traffic. And it depends if people click or not.

5. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 15 years ago

It depends entirely on what you write about, how well you write it, if you promote it effectively, how well you choose products to accompany the content (contextual product placement).

It's not something that happens overnight either.

Focus on writing unique and useful articles. It will eventually pay off.

6. spuds profile image59
    spudsposted 15 years ago

It all depends on the topic of your hub and the type of traffic you are getting.

7. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

I think you shouldn't worry about it right now. Concentrate on your hubs. smile

Best Regards

8. BeatsMe profile image54
    BeatsMeposted 15 years ago

I agree with sunseven. Concentrate on your hubs first. Good luck. cool

9. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

It depends what you are posting also.

Most of the guys here turning out 120 hubs a month are using articles taken from elsewhere smile

10. profile image0
    Ronald Daniarposted 15 years ago

That's all true, more hubs more earning. Less hubs less earning.

1. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Depends on alot of variables- I would just concentrate on writing good original content to begin with, then visit the forums to learn more. Kind of a learn while you earn experience here!

2. Trsmd profile image57
      Trsmdposted 15 years agoin reply to this

But Unfortunately for Me.. More Hubs Less Earning..eventhought I have a total traffic of 400 per day...

1. weblog profile image56
        weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

400 - what do you mean? Haven't you reached 1,000 yet? Is it total page views per day or average?

11. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

At my present rate, I need 32,000 hubs to generate an income I can live on.  I'm averaging around 3 or so a week, so I only need 205 years of writing to be able to retire and just hub.  WOOT!

(I really do need to stop just messing around with words and figure out the backlinking and stuff y'all talk about.  It just seems so terribly dry for someone like me with a 2.7 second attention span.)

12. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Shadesbreath, I know others have said this too, but it's true - time is the secret!

I haven't done much to promote my Hubs.  For the first three months I earned nothing, even though I had over 40 Hubs published early on.  Then the money started coming in slowly, and now it keeps on building every day.  I've just earned my first Adsense cheque, and in June I earned nearly $30.

I know that's not earth-shattering but it's a start!   

It's well worth reading this thread (yes, I know it's long):

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/2129

13. Shadesbreath profile image78

That was a good thread.  I have no illusions about making a full time income off of hubpages though. I'm more of the... some editor or art patron will discover my genius and throw wads of cash at me ... type I think.  I'll just continue to write for fun and pick up what money tips I can along the way to maximize my efforts.  In fact, I learned what "evergreen" means today and suddenly I understand why my little "how to write the term: bachelor's degree" hub keeps plugging along like it does.  LOL. It's dreadfully boring, but it's right to a point. 32,000 of those and I'd be able to walk away and never hub again.

BTW, I was very impressed by your contributions to that forum, MW.

14. cowgirljess profile image60
    cowgirljessposted 15 years ago

I have been a hubber for a little over 2 months or so, and have 14 hubs. So far I have only earned $.15 with google ads and nothing with the others although i have just recently signed up with them and added there id numbers.

15. Shadesbreath profile image78

Hang in there Cowgirljess.  Just remember $0.15 x 10,000,000 = $1,500,000!!!  Its just a matter of time and commitment, but your fortune is assured.  I'm clinging to this idea too.

16. SunyFB profile image57
    SunyFBposted 15 years ago

I joined 3 days ago and h ave accrued $1.49, so its not bad I think!

1. Pete Michner profile image71
      Pete Michnerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow! I'm just a little over 3 weeks old here and I'm at 26 cents. Then again, pens and concentration aren't huge adsense topics I'm pretty sure smile I need to come up with a really good hub on mesothelioma lawyers! Ha ha

1. SunyFB profile image57
        SunyFBposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha you might be right. I am not getting much traffic from external places, in fact the only place other than hubpages itself is stumbleupon.com so that is my source of clicking I suppose!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)